[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

44 minutes ago, techgamer17 said:

Right, so basically the first step is making sure my mining vessel for Rare Metals has large enough storage for RM for over 6 hours so that the logistics automatically works?

Yep.  Though I recommend 13 hours of storage.  PL will half-empty storage when it triggers, so 13 hours is 6 hours of 'available' storage, plus a bit of buffer.

51 minutes ago, techgamer17 said:

Right, so basically the first step is making sure my mining vessel for Rare Metals has large enough storage for RM for over 6 hours so that the logistics automatically works?

You actually need 12h+ since the game gives you your backlogged production in 6h chunks but kontainers only empty down to half full when pushing to PL. All you need is a warehouse-enabled kontainer (any MKS kontainer, check it's enabled in the part itself) and a local logistics-enabled module (Tundra Pioneer-Logistics Module, Duna Logistics Module and any of the Mobile Processing Units), and when the kontainer fills up to 75% or more it will empty down to half full and push the excess into planetary storage. If you want to pull back out of it at the other end, you will need one of the two logistics modules and a pilot or quartermaster on the vessel, and when the kontainer empties to below 25% it will pull enough from PL to refill itself to 50%.

1 hour ago, techgamer17 said:

35 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Yep.  Though I recommend 13 hours of storage.  PL will half-empty storage when it triggers, so 13 hours is 6 hours of 'available' storage, plus a bit of buffer.

Yes...

I hope I'm understanding you correctly. The flow is that the mining rig would have a MPL and storage for RM.  The storage will need to be able to hold enough RM that can be drilled during a 6-13 hour window. Your manufacturing vessel that will make RefinedExotics that has the Logistics module will pull RM from PL into locally attached storage at a certain rate per 6 hours.  That rate steadily increases as you increase your bonuses.  My goal was always to make sure that I can drill a bit faster than I consume.  Your RM amount in PL will then steadily increase. But, unless you have enough locally attached storage in your manufacturing vessel, you will not produce RE at your maximum rate. You will run out of RM during each 6 hour window, even though you have plenty in PL.

Ninja'd by voicey...these factors need to be included in your calculations.

Edited by Gilph
ninja

9 hours ago, techgamer17 said:

I already have my Rare Metal mining lander where there is a high-conc deposit, but the resources stay on the lander and dont get transferred to the main base. For this ill need planetary logistics, but I have no idea how to set it up.

Does your mining lander have a part that's able to push to PL?  If not, it won't work.  You need one of the "Material Processing Unit" parts (which are meant specifically for uncrewed mining vessels), or a logistics module (which is intended for crewed bases).

You don't strictly need to have 6 hours of storage on your vessel.  You want to, for efficiency — without enough storage, your drills will basically be idle for part of each day, because storage is full and the daily PL push hasn't happened yet to free up some storage space.  But PL will still work with less storage, as long as the vessel includes a part that provides PL capability.

Note that a PL push will only happen when the storage tank is more than 75% full.  If you've just landed your miner, even if it has PL capability, you'll need to wait awhile for it to mine enough resources to do its first push.

Edited by Wyzard

KRNbJr0.jpg

These inflatables don't work for me. I was wondering if anyone else has had the problem and discovered why they may not work? I kinda doubt it's the mod, so it must be conflicting with another mod or I am missing a dependent mod.FYI I use CKAN to install my mods and the amount of time for me to uninstall and reinstall all the mods will take me a fairly long time so if anyone can save me some time that would be awesome.

55 minutes ago, KoolBreeze420 said:

<schnip>

These inflatables don't work for me. I was wondering if anyone else has had the problem and discovered why they may not work? I kinda doubt it's the mod, so it must be conflicting with another mod or I am missing a dependent mod.FYI I use CKAN to install my mods and the amount of time for me to uninstall and reinstall all the mods will take me a fairly long time so if anyone can save me some time that would be awesome.

You do it with a kerbal on EVA, not from the main Craft View.

Edited by voicey99

19 hours ago, techgamer17 said:

As I understand it, there is no way to have it unattended, Instead you need to visit your mining vessel every x day's, then the catch up mechanism starts with it's 6h chunks, and eventually your stuff is distributed to PL.

Or what did you mean by MPL working unattended @Gilph ?

5 hours ago, Blackline said:

As I understand it, there is no way to have it unattended, Instead you need to visit your mining vessel every x day's, then the catch up mechanism starts with it's 6h chunks, and eventually your stuff is distributed to PL.

Or what did you mean by MPL working unattended @Gilph ?

By the MPL working unattended, he means that it doesn't use the crew multiplier (0.05 + (0.2 * highest lvl engineer/other relevant spec + 1)), so it doesn't take a massive production hit when unmanned. It cal also participate in PL while unmanned, although the logistics modules can do that too. It still relies on the catchup mechanic.

1 hour ago, voicey99 said:

By the MPL working unattended, he means that it doesn't use the crew multiplier (0.05 + (0.2 * highest lvl engineer/other relevant spec + 1)), so it doesn't take a massive production hit when unmanned. It cal also participate in PL while unmanned, although the logistics modules can do that too. It still relies on the catchup mechanic.

Thanks for clarification. But that means, ill have to cycle through all my mining stations once a month or so to trigger the mechanics and keep my kerbals alive?

38 minutes ago, Blackline said:

Thanks for clarification. But that means, ill have to cycle through all my mining stations once a month or so to trigger the mechanics and keep my kerbals alive?

Yep. If your production is higher than your consumption then the interval in which you have to go and check on the outposts will decrease over time as the surplus accumulates.

1 hour ago, Blackline said:

You don't necessarily have to visit them every X days. Just make sure to visit them before you go to your crew base, at least after any period exceeding the local base storage. That way all the "background" production will catch up and produce sufficient PL stockpiles.

13 minutes ago, jd284 said:

You don't necessarily have to visit them every X days. Just make sure to visit them before you go to your crew base, at least after any period exceeding the local base storage. That way all the "background" production will catch up and produce sufficient PL stockpiles.

So the best shot is to keep everything within a 2km radius. At least it sounds like the least painful way.

2 minutes ago, Blackline said:

So the best shot is to keep everything within a 2km radius. At least it sounds like the least painful way.

It will get quite laggy if you do that (though Kopernicus is a worse offender). It's still fine to put them out of range, you just have to check on them every so often-as I said, these intervals will increase to years as the surplus builds up a bigger buffer every time. You will have to visit these places to complete contracts, perform maintenance, add/change bits on them etc. anyway, so you can trigger catchup at the same time.

Could someone help this blind person locate the Agriculture Support module in the community science tree (the one that will do hydrates to water).

Screenshot to KSPedia

Thanks!

Found it: Its in resource exploitation (in the 2250 group). This will make things a bit more complicated...

Edited by invultri

41 minutes ago, Bob Jub said:

How do I make LH2?

The stock ISRU gets extended to do Ore -> LH2 and Water -> LH2 (also makes LH2 + Ox from both). If you have Karbonite installed then the distiller will make LH2 from Karbonite as well. 

On 7/20/2017 at 11:37 PM, Wyzard said:

Does your mining lander have a part that's able to push to PL?  If not, it won't work.  You need one of the "Material Processing Unit" parts (which are meant specifically for uncrewed mining vessels), or a logistics module (which is intended for crewed bases).

You don't strictly need to have 6 hours of storage on your vessel.  You want to, for efficiency — without enough storage, your drills will basically be idle for part of each day, because storage is full and the daily PL push hasn't happened yet to free up some storage space.  But PL will still work with less storage, as long as the vessel includes a part that provides PL capability.

Note that a PL push will only happen when the storage tank is more than 75% full.  If you've just landed your miner, even if it has PL capability, you'll need to wait awhile for it to mine enough resources to do its first push.

Ok, where in the VAB can I find the material processing unit? 

Just now, techgamer17 said:

Hmmmm, I dont think ive unlocked it yet which is annoying. Is it far into the tech tree?

You get it with vanilla Advanced Construction. They don't appear to have a CTT cfg, unless adv. con. is in CTT?