[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

Her hab time before becoming a tourist is 2y, 8d, and 'expired' (in red!) after.  Her home timer is 43y(thanks to the station used to get to Duna in the first place), both before and after.

Driving back to within range of the hab brings her back to normal, at 2y, 8d.

The cutoff point in which this happens seems to be within about 150m, which IIRC is a magic number for base buildings to inter-operate.  Is the game treating the rover as if its part of the base?

Edited by IonMage

I have also observed a weird habitation effect not too long ago. I had a Minmus rocket with 20 days of supplies and hab time. Just before reentering Kerbin's atmosphere I decoupled the command pod. As soon as the rest of the rocket left the hab-sharing range, my scientist turned into a tourist. This is weird, because his home timer had a lot of time left, and the pod itself had enough built-in hab time for the rest of the trip.

@IonMage yes, hab time is shared across all vessels within 150m. I think this is indeed a glitch, because you should be able to temporarily use small vessels and have your hab time reset upon returning to a bigger one.

Edited by sh1pman

25 minutes ago, IonMage said:

While still in the vicinity of the base but still in the rover, the rover reports that she has 2 years left.  This matches the hab time for the 2 other kerbals still inside the base.  Its like the game is treating the rover as part of the base itself instead of another vehicle, despite the two having separate list in the life support panel.

Actually, come to think of it, this did not happen when I had an engineer take the rover out a ways to salvage some stuff from an old landing site, and that was not that long ago (that happened over 40 days since first entry into the base).

This is by design--it counts everything within 150 meters as one for habitation.  I'm sure the intent was to handle disconnected bases but it also results in things like my guys suddenly waking up when the rescue vessel zooms by.  (They woke up before it lit it's engines to match velocities.)

1 hour ago, sh1pman said:

I have also observed a weird habitation effect not too long ago. I had a Minmus rocket with 20 days of supplies and hab time. Just before reentering Kerbin's atmosphere I decoupled the command pod. As soon as the rest of the rocket left the hab-sharing range, my scientist turned into a tourist. This is weird, because his home timer had a lot of time left, and the pod itself had enough built-in hab time for the rest of the trip.

@IonMage yes, hab time is shared across all vessels within 150m. I think this is indeed a glitch, because you should be able to temporarily use small vessels and have your hab time reset upon returning to a bigger one.

If you can get me a save that repros it I can take a look.

@RoverDude @sh1pman The problem is, that TimeEnteredVessel in LifeSupportScenario isn't updated for second and other Kerbals, when two vessels separate. First Kerbal in the list, usually a pilot, has correct value. I planned to test it more and raise a github issue or do a pull request, but I don't have time for this, because the life :)

After one of the recent updates, I noticed that my vessels never go over 95% of their EC if they have a USI part (such as Salamander pod). And technically, they are not colonies or bases or stations, just ordinary ships. I don't know much about the logistics system, but looks like it is to blame. Is it intended behavior or a bug? I hope it's not going to happen to other resources as well?

5 minutes ago, garwel said:

After one of the recent updates, I noticed that my vessels never go over 95% of their EC if they have a USI part (such as Salamander pod). And technically, they are not colonies or bases or stations, just ordinary ships. I don't know much about the logistics system, but looks like it is to blame. Is it intended behavior or a bug? I hope it's not going to happen to other resources as well?

USI reactors will only fill to 95% battery capacity, if that's what you're seeing.

8 minutes ago, garwel said:

3 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

USI reactors will only fill to 95% battery capacity, if that's what you're seeing.

Same as stock fuel cells

2 minutes ago, garwel said:

The logistics system would deplete them down to 50%.  The USI reactors will fill to 95% capacity as a feature: It means you can run solar and nuke at the same time, and the solar will be preferred when it's available.

2 minutes ago, garwel said:

But I'm not using any USI reactors or fuel cells. I use stock solar panels.

Well, we aren't going to be able to make any better guesses without seeing at least one representative ship in question.  Pics please?

b7z3dKv.jpg

Nothing special: besides the Salamander pod and the solar panels, a few DMagic's scientific instruments (all disabled), the Klaw, a fuel tank, an engine, a heat shield, chutes and an antenna.

From the other side and with MKS dashboard:

H0rbmys.jpg

Edited by garwel

8 minutes ago, Iso-Polaris said:

One more question, since Pilot, engineer and scientists have all the skills needed, why do i need to hire those:

They are supposed to be much cheaper (they're not right now, but it'll be fixed). Also, some of them give double (or even triple!) kolony rewards.

Edited by sh1pman

I just observed that adding any of the MKS drills with multiple separators seems to crater the framerate in the VAB and outside.  E.g. "Automated Industrial Strip Miner" takes it from 60 to 11.  Adding another one takes it to 6.  Adding a MEU-500-A takes it from 60 to 23 and another one drops it to 14.  A single MEU-100 doesn't do anything to the framerate, but 6 of them drop it to 33.  Stock drills don't suffer from this.

Anybody else seeing this?  I'm running with USI Core 0.4.2.0, and I don't recall seeing this issue before this release.

I read somewhere about "Easy configs", but I can't find any.  I basically just want the visuals of a base, but I'm not currently in the life support and resources mood xP  If anyone could steer me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it! ^^

Edited by Deltac

1 hour ago, NermNermNerm said:

I just observed that adding any of the MKS drills with multiple separators seems to crater the framerate in the VAB and outside.  E.g. "Automated Industrial Strip Miner" takes it from 60 to 11.  Adding another one takes it to 6.  Adding a MEU-500-A takes it from 60 to 23 and another one drops it to 14.  A single MEU-100 doesn't do anything to the framerate, but 6 of them drop it to 33.  Stock drills don't suffer from this.

Anybody else seeing this?  I'm running with USI Core 0.4.2.0, and I don't recall seeing this issue before this release.

Actually, I've noticed my framerate craters around colonies too, even ones without drills.  I just noticed that it only seems to happen when close to the base, within 150m.  When at, say, 400, the base is very clearly loaded into the active area, and it runs smoothly.  Which means, this cratering is NOT a case of too many parts/not enough memory like it usually is in this game. 

Is this supposed to be normal, or is something going on, like a mod conflict or whatever?  I have a lot, too many to list really, so it'll be hard to pinpoint the cause, but are there any known conflicts, or has this happened before?

Also, could this be related to the 'kerbal goes tourist instantly' bug me and someone else mentioned earlier?