[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

23 hours ago, Gilph said:

3-4 per one RE 3.75 Tundra bay and one Assembly MK bay. They both need chemicals. If you have a few MPUs making Chemicals, you can get away with 3. The Wiki has the conversion rates.

Yes, I made the same assumption and had the same problem. But, during catch up processing, the simplified version is that it only does one pull every 6 hours, which is different than the real time pulls when the vessel is in focus. So if you need 1000 chemicals in 6 hours and you have space for 800, you are only going to use 800 (actually a bit less). Many factors go into that number but if you budget for tank space at 12 hours of consumption, you will be fine.

Alright!  That worked!!  Thank you for the input.. Now, if I was to have the RE only using one bay, would a Chem with all 3 be the same ratio?

1 hour ago, voicey99 said:

Quick question on USI-LS recyclers - Supplies can be distributed from a nearby vessel, but can recyclers be shared in the same way or do you have to have one on all your manned base sections?

You can have recyclers on nearby vessels, they can be shared.

13 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

I just got back into ksp after a month of absence, due to hurricanes, all I can think of is building colonies. Is this functional for 1.3.1 and/or is a new update with the large 20m base parts coming or should I wait or something?

Well if you have been away awhile, you could read back a few pages and you'd get your answer to the first.  Or you could even check the github releases.  I don't know if there is an eta for the big base parts.

51 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

I just got back into ksp after a month of absence, due to hurricanes, all I can think of is building colonies. Is this functional for 1.3.1 and/or is a new update with the large 20m base parts coming or should I wait or something?

Yes, this is up to date with 1.3.1 - just be sure to nab the most recent USITools.

Domes are coming very soon - wrapping up a part or two, then configs.

How is the Akademy supposed to work? A limit of three stars doesn't seem very useful when just about any interplanetary trip will give you that much experience, but it actually can train up to five stars now, especially if the instructor is one of veteran kerbals.

Okay, since i haven't seen this question answered or asked, i figure i'm doing something horribly wrong...

How can i set up what a kontainer contains. For example, if i want to send a kontainer full of supplies or machinery, how do i do that? I don't see any options in the VAB

:/

9 minutes ago, Quetsche said:

Okay, since i haven't seen this question answered or asked, i figure i'm doing something horribly wrong...

How can i set up what a kontainer contains. For example, if i want to send a kontainer full of supplies or machinery, how do i do that? I don't see any options in the VAB

If you don't see any options for it in the right-click menu in the VAB, show us your GameData and UmbraSpaceIndustries folders - you've got an install problem.

On 10/11/2017 at 10:29 AM, gamerscircle said:

Alright!  That worked!!  Thank you for the input.. Now, if I was to have the RE only using one bay, would a Chem with all 3 be the same ratio?

I wanted to double check on this... if I have:

1 Industrial Refinery with only 1 bay configured for Refined Exotics [the other two would not be setup at all or turned] and another Industrial Refinery that has all three bays configured for Chemicals, will that ratio still work?

27 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

I wanted to double check on this... if I have:

1 Industrial Refinery with only 1 bay configured for Refined Exotics [the other two would not be setup at all or turned] and another Industrial Refinery that has all three bays configured for Chemicals, will that ratio still work?

You can check their production speed in the part description of an Industrial Refinery in VAB and do the math.

1 hour ago, Quetsche said:

Sounds like you are missing Firespitter 

1 hour ago, Quetsche said:

Here's my gamedata and usi folders :

As RoverDude said, you seem to be missing Firespitter.  It should be in the MKS download, so I'd recommend grabbing that an re-installing.  Otherwise you look mostly good.  (Though your version of ModuleManager is out of date, and it'd be worth checking your installs of Kerbal Engineer and Alternate Resource Panel.)

There is a lot of pages to scan though, but is it possible to use Planet Logistics to send ore to a warehouse in Orbit? I have a rover mining ore on Gael, with a warehouse in GSO (2 Mil KM in Orbit). The ore from the rover keeps going into the magical place of Planet Logistics but the warehouse in orbit doesn't get any ore. Both have the Duna logistics Module attached to them. Do I need to attach another Module to the one in Orbit?

Thank you for the help and sorry if this was asked already.