[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

2 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

does this mod allow the creation of kerbals off world, that is, births?

Yes, with the Kolony Growth turned on in a Colonization module you will get births if you have crew capacity available.  Check here https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/wiki/FAQ#kolony-growth

11 minutes ago, TheCiroth said:

There is a lot of pages to scan though, but is it possible to use Planet Logistics to send ore to a warehouse in Orbit? I have a rover mining ore on Gael, with a warehouse in GSO (2 Mil KM in Orbit). The ore from the rover keeps going into the magical place of Planet Logistics but the warehouse in orbit doesn't get any ore. Both have the Duna logistics Module attached to them. Do I need to attach another Module to the one in Orbit?

Thank you for the help and sorry if this was asked already. 

Not into orbit, no.  As far as I know there is a plan to implement a feature that will allow this but as things currently stand if you want to send resources or supplies into orbit you have to send them up on a rocket(or spaceplane).

4 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

@RoverDude is groundconstruction bundled in this as a plugin or as a way to build stuff without extraplanetary launchpads or similar? Asking so I know if I need to download EL, also, would deleting ground construction cause problems?

I can tell you from my own experiences that GroundConstruction should be safe to remove.  It isn't a compile-time dependency for the USI plugins, so there are no linking errors.  The GC modules are used in a couple of the MKS parts, but those modules will be skipped when loading the parts if GC isn't present.  So far I have not encountered any problems -- everything loads fine without logging any exceptions, but I haven't yet tried any actual off-world construction via EPL.

Source:  Have been running a GC-free MKS setup in my current career-testing game setup.  Instead I am using EPL for offworld construction alongside the EPL patches included in MKS.

19 minutes ago, Nergal8617 said:

Not into orbit, no.  As far as I know there is a plan to implement a feature that will allow this but as things currently stand if you want to send resources or supplies into orbit you have to send them up on a rocket(or spaceplane).

Speaking of that, is there any word on its implementation? It's been several months and versions since it was last mentioned.

The USI-LS config on the Karibou parts appears to be totally nonfunctional (I assume it defaults to 1K-M when it isn't configured properly). I'm going to be redoing it, so is it ok if I switch the Crew Cabin to providing habtime over a multiplier?

EDIT: Looks like it's just the Crew Cabin's config that's broken. Should I include EC as an input resource?

Edited by voicey99

Hi, I am having some problems with MKS. I downloaded MKS from this link https://spacedock.info/mod/162 And it only added the rover parts catagory, and some parts that fit into the standard category system, but i did not get any of the base building, off-world manufacturing parts. I tried installing the newest USI toolkit from https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/UmbraSpaceIndustries/releases which was supposed to address this issue and it only made the few new MKS parts that had shown up disappear. I tried starting a new game, I tried uninstalling all of my other mods, and I'm still having the same problem. I am running KSP 1.3.1891 on Mac OSX.

My game data folder is:

>000_AT_Utils

>000_USITools

>CommunityCategoryKit

>CommunityResourcePack

>Firespitter

>GroundConstruction

>KSPModFileLocalizer.dll

>ModuleManager2.8.1.dll

>ModuleManager.ConfigCache

>ModuleManager.ConfigSHA

>ModuleManager.Physics

>ModuleManager.TechTree

>Squad

>UmbraSpaceIndustries

(would have just uploaded a screenshot but did not see an option to do so [maybe  because i am a new member])

Any help  or ideas would be much appreciated. This mod looks amazing and I cant wait to start using it! Thanks!

1 hour ago, k=mc2 said:

(would have just uploaded a screenshot but did not see an option to do so [maybe  because i am a new member])

Welcome to the forum, @k=mc2 (cool name, by the way). To add a screenshot, you need to upload it somewhere (e.g. imgur), copy the link and paste it in the forum and it should automatically add the picture for you. :)

5 hours ago, k=mc2 said:

Hi, I am having some problems with MKS. I downloaded MKS from this link https://spacedock.info/mod/162 

Any help  or ideas would be much appreciated. This mod looks amazing and I cant wait to start using it! Thanks!

The best location to download is from the USI Catalog. Some of the downloads have moved from BobPalmer/x to UmbraSpaceIndusties/x.

Correct me if im wrong- Since a single strip miner drill module wants at full capacity 360 EC/sec then at max geology rating (assuming the cap is at 500%) it would need 1800 EC/Sec.

Can the same calculations be used for cooling or is it a different set of calculations altogether? Building a new more permanent base and trying to future-proof it.

4 minutes ago, Esendis said:

Correct me if im wrong- Since a single strip miner drill module wants at full capacity 360 EC/sec then at max geology rating (assuming the cap is at 500%) it would need 1800 EC/Sec.

Can the same calculations be used for cooling or is it a different set of calculations altogether? Building a new more permanent base and trying to future-proof it.

At max geology rating, each bay would need 9,000EC/s (since the the rating is squared) and the drill 45,000 overall. Heat generation follows the same formula, so it would need 25x as much cooling at max bonus.

3 minutes ago, Esendis said:

Hmmm... (headache incoming :confused: ) Is there a working spreadsheet for base building? (resource percentages, drill list, refinery list etc)

What exactly do you mean by that? There is a wiki, if it helps (some parts are out of date, so take what you read with a pinch of salt).

2 minutes ago, Esendis said:

I mean an excel sheet where I can input various parameters like resource concentration  etc and it would give me required EC,cooling etc.

Basically is there a base building excel calculator?

Not that I know of. The wiki does have all the equations for this though, and cooling/EC use scale with production.

2 hours ago, Esendis said:

I mean an excel sheet where I can input various parameters like resource concentration  etc and it would give me required EC,cooling etc.

Basically is there a base building excel calculator?

As others have said: Not yet.  But if you feel like creating one, linking it to the wiki would likely be appreciated...

23 hours ago, k=mc2 said:

Hi, I am having some problems with MKS. I downloaded MKS from this link https://spacedock.info/mod/162 And it only added the rover parts catagory, and some parts that fit into the standard category system, but i did not get any of the base building, off-world manufacturing parts. I tried installing the newest USI toolkit from https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/UmbraSpaceIndustries/releases which was supposed to address this issue and it only made the few new MKS parts that had shown up disappear. I tried starting a new game, I tried uninstalling all of my other mods, and I'm still having the same problem. I am running KSP 1.3.1891 on Mac OSX.

18 hours ago, notthebobo said:

The best location to download is from the USI Catalog. Some of the downloads have moved from BobPalmer/x to UmbraSpaceIndusties/x.

12 hours ago, k=mc2 said:

I retried the download from that location with and without the USI Tools update and no luck :/

So it would seem my problem is at the moment unfixable by means of simply installing the latest updates. So I was hoping i might get a nudge in the right direction to fix the problem manually. Since some of the parts (namely the rover category and the parts fitting into stock categories) show up, and since i know from watching the initial loading screen that the other parts are being recognized and loaded into the game; my thought is that this problem comes down to the additional categories added by the mod not showing up in the assembly building parts menu. So I was hoping to get my hands a little dirty and try to figure out why the rover parts category will load but the others will not. I am a novice coder, but my assumption (maybe naively) is that this is likely a simple problem so I would like to get my hands a little dirty and see if i can figure it out for myself instead of waiting for subsequent versions of the mod. 

So my question is, what file is responsible for modifying the category system in the Vehicle Assembly Building. 

2 hours ago, k=mc2 said:

So my question is, what file is responsible for modifying the category system in the Vehicle Assembly Building. 

Rovers, life support and containers categories come from CommunityCategoryKit.

Kolonization, Construction, Logistics and Manufacturing come from USI_Tools.

Post a link to a copy of your log files and someone here might be able to find the problem ("How to get support" thread)

1 hour ago, The-Doctor said:

@RoverDude so I want the crew tubes only for a specific install. I've got an install with MKS and one without, what do I need for the crew tubes to work?

Probably just the parts and if you are using the ones that are like big KAS pipes than KIS as well.

Just now, sh1pman said:

Don't they've work without KIS?

I haven't looked at the config but they used to just be re-modeled KAS pipes.  So to be accurate you'd want KAS installed.  But in order to attach them like you would a KAS pipe you'd want KIS as well.