[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

Just now, goldenpsp said:

I haven't looked at the config but they used to just be re-modeled KAS pipes.  So to be accurate you'd want KAS installed.  But in order to attach them like you would a KAS pipe you'd want KIS as well.

You can pre-attach them in VAB.

1 minute ago, sh1pman said:

You can pre-attach them in VAB.

Ok of course.  I obviously wasn't clear.  I think everyone gets the idea however.  If you want to attach them "in the field" like you would a KAS pipe you would wan't KIS as well.

24 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

Don't they've work without KIS?

Sure, but they would just be a paperweight (and as I recall, the config specifically hides them if KIS is not installed).

Though OP may be referring to the multitrusses, which just use stock modules.

Hi, i have trouble making the planetary logistics work.

here's my setup :

A mining ship with kontainers full of resources and a duna pioneer module (uncrewed)

A base with plenty of empty Kontainers and a pioneer tundra module (crewed with a lvl 3 pilot)

The planetary logistics gui is empty

Am i doing something wrong?

Edited by Quetsche

3 minutes ago, Quetsche said:

A mining ship with kontainers full of resources and a duna pioneer module (uncrewed)

The Duna Pioneer Module is not a logistics module (the Tundra Pioneer-Logistics module is), so you need either a dedicated Duna Logistics Module (not necessarily manned) or a Mobile Processing Unit on the vessel to push to PL.

3 minutes ago, psvialli said:

OK need some help just installed this amazing mod and wanted to build my first little rover but having issues adding the wheels just cannot get them to snap on correct any suggestions on how to get the wheels on ?

Which wheels are you talking about? Karibou? Malemute?

Just now, psvialli said:

sorry Karibou :)

Karibou wheels are node-attach only, there should be some nodes on the underside of Karibou parts for them to snap on to. If you want to use them with non-Karibou rovers (not recommended), put a cubic strut or something on the side to provide a node.

@RoverDude I'm going to be submitting a PR to fix the USI-LS config on the Karibou Crew Cab shortly, should it require power or not?

39 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

The Duna Pioneer Module is not a logistics module (the Tundra Pioneer-Logistics module is), so you need either a dedicated Duna Logistics Module (not necessarily manned) or a Mobile Processing Unit on the vessel to push to PL.

That was it. It works now, thank you.  :)

10 minutes ago, psvialli said:

I am really having problems getting my habitas , to minmus even the demo ranger, could someone please post an image of  what they are using and how they are dropping them onto minmus , do I need a skycrane or something as well waiting ?

Thanks

@RoverDude has hours of gameplay on his twitch channel for his various career games.  There are plenty of youtube let's plays as well.  Even if they are a bit old the general concepts are the same.

17 minutes ago, psvialli said:

I am really having problems getting my habitas , to minmus even the demo ranger, could someone please post an image of  what they are using and how they are dropping them onto minmus , do I need a skycrane or something as well waiting ?

Thanks

I'm using 3.75m BFRs to drop anything anywhere.

Spoiler

fI588zb.png

N8f2ron.png

vmCOc5i.png

p2SpbQC.png

xNftPq4.png

4 hours ago, psvialli said:

Thanks

This simple Hab supports three kerbals for 358 days, with supplies for 320 days. There are three mini hab modules (look like grey igloos) around the base, plus a Ranger Scout 200 power pack. The white tank has Supplies and the gold tanks have LF/Ox. Both sets can be used later as local planetary storage, that's why I used them instead of stock fuel tanks and USI-LF Life Support Tank.

Spoiler

ImRyckA.png

A simple launcher gves 6.396 dV, with 1,209 in the final stage, plenty to land on Minmus.

Spoiler

wGQZSVX.png

Edited by notthebobo

4 hours ago, Geek_Squad_999 said:

Oh sorry I forgot to mention that I can't see any of the parts/items in the mod in both vehicle assembly buildings.

What did you put into GameData? The MKS folder should have in it folders for USITools, Firespitter, AT Utils, CCK, CRP and UmbraSpaceIndustries. Copy all of them over to your GameData (leave all the files inside the USI folder). Or use CKAN (note: latest CKAN version is buggy!).

Edited by voicey99

I'm trying to use the rocket parts option for launchpads with MKS but I don't know how to switch it from Materialkits and specialized parts to rocket parts. Is there a guide or is it even possible to tell it to switch? (rocket parts are listed in the descriptions but it shows up as material kits when i go to build some thing)

11 minutes ago, wenth said:

I'm trying to use the rocket parts option for launchpads with MKS but I don't know how to switch it from Materialkits and specialized parts to rocket parts. Is there a guide or is it even possible to tell it to switch? (rocket parts are listed in the descriptions but it shows up as material kits when i go to build some thing)

It's a setting in PatchManager, and if it doesn't correctly change after switching the option and restarting, you can find it in the Active Patches folder in the PatchManager folder in USI, then just delete it there.

1 hour ago, Krakatoa said:

It's a setting in PatchManager, and if it doesn't correctly change after switching the option and restarting, you can find it in the Active Patches folder in the PatchManager folder in USI, then just delete it there.

*holding various guts and bits of code* hay it worked!!! thanks! love mks but would love an option to only have to use it for larger parts or some thing instead of every thing.

Trying to piece together a drill calculator and stuck at the last part, heat generation. Am i right to assume that each module has its own cooling requirements?

For example,1 module of an automated industrial strip miner digging a resource of 100% concetration at 100% efficiency will require 1200Kw cooling or the full 6000Kw stated at the part description?

Also @RoverDude any chance for a bigger karbonite generator? Would love to power an entire base with karbonite without spamming the 2.5m one.

21 minutes ago, Esendis said:

Trying to piece together a drill calculator and stuck at the last part, heat generation. Am i right to assume that each module has its own cooling requirements?

For example,1 module of an automated industrial strip miner digging a resource of 100% concetration at 100% efficiency will require 1200Kw cooling or the full 6000Kw stated at the part description?

Also @RoverDude any chance for a bigger karbonite generator? Would love to power an entire base with karbonite without spamming the 2.5m one.

Yep, each module generates its own core heat and has its own cooling requirements.

9 hours ago, wenth said:

*holding various guts and bits of code* hay it worked!!! thanks! love mks but would love an option to only have to use it for larger parts or some thing instead of every thing.

In theory it's possible, but it'd be a lot of work: You can specify a recipe on a per-part basis, but there isn't a way to specify based on anything but the part name.  So if you were to go through and make a list of all the small/large parts, you could put the shorter list on dedicated recipes while you put the larger on generic recipes.

Not something I'd ship as part of a mod - it's way to fiddly - but if you want to go to the work for your own use, go ahead.  :wink: