[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

15 hours ago, Electrocutor said:

Are the bed of the Karibou Cargo Bay and Flatbed supposed to be bronze-plated or what was their intended material? I'm working on a PBR cfg for USI parts.

Pretty!!  And good question - I colored them to be consistent with some of the Mark 3 parts, so I'd assume a diffused coating of some kind.  

8 hours ago, Daveroski said:

I was referring to the portraits. Not IVA.

They get black portraits too :P

8 hours ago, tsaven said:

Is this by design that there's a limit, or is there a way to let it transfer more in one burst?

Very likely by design.  Imagine a vessel with a PDU as well as a refinery - you could accidentally resource starve yourself and things would get weird.  

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

They get black portraits too :P

It's inverted from what they originally said, since the IVA itself is fine but the portrait camera is clipped into the side, likely as a consequence of the Salamander's squashed appearance - is the portrait camera pos fixed in place?

Also, oddly, it seems to vary slightly; sometimes being completely black, sometimes only covering part of it and sometimes not covering it at all.

Edited by voicey99

12 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

Not really.  This,

Is not helping.  It is a request.

Since when is pointing out a flaw which fundamentally changes the the way I play the game not helping?
Are we to assume then that all bug reports are not of any help but are in fact individual requests?
Out of several bugs that bother me, this one affected me the most and so I reported it.
Roverdude politely explained that it probably will never be fixed. That's fine. His mod, his decision.
Your attitude to those who make such reports is out of order.

11 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Pretty!!  And good question - I colored them to be consistent with some of the Mark 3 parts, so I'd assume a diffused coating of some kind.  

Thanks for the input. I'll see what I can do; given that some bits have the bed included in the same mesh along with other bits, I am somewhat limited until I go the route of making mask textures (which I am trying to avoid). If you'd like to take a look what I have so far, you can install TexturesUnlimited, then drop these .cfgs in: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IgTVpC299MD3cRgzdt4uRK5y2IrMr4l3

If you like what you see and want to make it look even better; for textures/models that you still have the source files for: it makes a dramatic difference for normals to be present when using specular and reflections. Things like rivets, vents, and panel edges especially; but even just how course, smooth, or scratched a surface is makes a big difference. I'll have a better example of this once I get to the Karbonite stuff, as they have quite a few normals.

Have you ever seen:
An Akita loaded on a PackRat which is loaded along with an Otter on a Mulemate which is loaded on a Karibou which loaded on a HoneyBadger?

Spoiler

4McA9RB.jpg

Granted, this is cheating; but it makes me want to build it out complete with ramps to see if I can. Alas, there is a distinct lack of ramps on these, but with infernal robotics it is doable.

Edited by Electrocutor

On 11/22/2017 at 9:25 PM, RoverDude said:

Very likely by design.  Imagine a vessel with a PDU as well as a refinery - you could accidentally resource starve yourself and things would get weird.  

Thanks for the input.  Is the solution to this to add a massive stack of batteries to the receiving vessel?

59 minutes ago, tsaven said:

Thanks for the input.  Is the solution to this to add a massive stack of batteries to the receiving vessel?

Yes, and you may need more batteries on the distributing vessel as well. The amount moved is proportional to the total storage (10% a tick, as earlier), so the more you have the more you shift.

Sry to bother you once again (I feel bad I can't contribute to this marvellous work), but I can't get colonisation, konstruction and manufacturing category  neither in SPH or VAB after updating MKS to 1.3.1. Rovers and lifesupport are working fine, tho ;(

20 minutes ago, mavnor said:

Sry to bother you once again (I feel bad I can't contribute to this marvellous work), but I can't get colonisation, konstruction and manufacturing category  neither in SPH or VAB after updating MKS to 1.3.1. Rovers and lifesupport are working fine, tho ;(

Screenshot of your Gamedate folder plz.

I've noticed on my latest 1.3.1 install.... I'm not sure what's going on, but some parts just either don't have categories, don't show up IN the categories, and/or don't show up on the search.  Not exclusive to MKS, although the orbital construction dock is always a bear to find... but some things, like the realchute double cone chute.. in prior versions, there was a parachute category.  now, no.  search doesn't find it.  Manufacturer tab is all b0rked.  Only way to find the chute is filter by tech level 6, which is weird.  Maybe it makes a difference if you install all 130+ mods at once or if you load a few at a time and start/restart KSP?

If you find an answer to your part filters, please let me know, as your gamedata is significantly smaller than mine, and may be far easier to troubleshoot on your install... takes 10+ minutes just to load on my rig, so iterative testing is somewhat problematic :(

4 hours ago, ss8913 said:

I've noticed on my latest 1.3.1 install.... I'm not sure what's going on, but some parts just either don't have categories, don't show up IN the categories, and/or don't show up on the search.  Not exclusive to MKS, although the orbital construction dock is always a bear to find... but some things, like the realchute double cone chute.. in prior versions, there was a parachute category.  now, no.  search doesn't find it.  Manufacturer tab is all b0rked.  Only way to find the chute is filter by tech level 6, which is weird.  Maybe it makes a difference if you install all 130+ mods at once or if you load a few at a time and start/restart KSP?

If you find an answer to your part filters, please let me know, as your gamedata is significantly smaller than mine, and may be far easier to troubleshoot on your install... takes 10+ minutes just to load on my rig, so iterative testing is somewhat problematic :(

I've been looking at this issue and it seems that everytime the problems star is when the USI Tools are upgraded... Just a thought here.. (And this also goes fror not only the MKS system but also Konstruction and USI Life support. Just a thought.

10 hours ago, ss8913 said:

6 hours ago, Space_Coyote said:

I've been looking at this issue and it seems that everytime the problems star is when the USI Tools are upgraded... Just a thought here.. (And this also goes fror not only the MKS system but also Konstruction and USI Life support. Just a thought.

The version of USITools bundled with the current version of MKS has a glitch that breaks the custom categories, replace it with this hotfix to bring them back.

25 minutes ago, RobinVerhulstZ said:

@RoverDude, is there a way to add the ground tether to all landing gear/wheels/command modules (including stock ones)?

Put this into a patch:

Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleWheelBase,ModuleCommand]]:FINAL
{
	&MODULE[USI_InertialDampener] {}
}

This adds it to cmd modules and wheels, it can be applied to more if needed.

1 hour ago, RobinVerhulstZ said:

Where should i put this patch?

Copy it into a new text file, save it with a .cfg extension, then place that file anywhere in the GameData folder. I usually use a folder in GameData called MyPatches, so I can keep track of my own changes to the game.

12 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Please explain exactly what it is you're trying to do, and I expect we can sort it out for you.  There are (intentionally) lots of different paths for the life support reaction chains to make things easier to set up.

I am trying to get a vessel to a different planet using LH and Oxidiser for my main engines(cryo). I know I can convert water into LH and Oxidiser. From what I read on the KSPedia I can convert Ore or Hydrates into water using the Agriculture module. My problem is that I don't know how to set up the Agriculture module to convert hydrates into water.

28 minutes ago, AndrewHere said:

I am trying to get a vessel to a different planet using LH and Oxidiser for my main engines(cryo). I know I can convert water into LH and Oxidiser. From what I read on the KSPedia I can convert Ore or Hydrates into water using the Agriculture module. My problem is that I don't know how to set up the Agriculture module to convert hydrates into water.

That's a slight misreading of the Wiki.  You can set up the 'Agriculture Support Module' to convert hydrates into water, not the 'Agricultural Module'.  Different parts.

That said, you might also check the MPU's - depending on what mods you have installed, they might be able to convert Ore directly into LH+Oxidiser, bypassing the water step.

33 minutes ago, DStaal said:

That's a slight misreading of the Wiki.  You can set up the 'Agriculture Support Module' to convert hydrates into water, not the 'Agricultural Module'.  Different parts.

That said, you might also check the MPU's - depending on what mods you have installed, they might be able to convert Ore directly into LH+Oxidiser, bypassing the water step.

Okay so that seemed to be my problem. The only thing now is that I can't find the "Agricultural Module" but instead I found a converter that can do that for me. Thanks a lot. 

Edit: That module converts hydrates into "liquid water" so it doesn't work.

Edit Edit: I found the "Agriculture Support Module" all solved thanks a lot :D

Edited by AndrewHere

I'm new to this mod and figuring out the logistics mechanic. Suppose I want to make a refueling base at Minmus.

The miner has to have at least one ore tank to mine, even if there are ships with empty ore tanks within a 150m radius, right?

Then, an ISRU part in a nearby ship will pull ore from the mine if I set it to convert as long as it has a small empty ore tank where ore can be transferred into.

However, a nearby landed ship (within 150m) won't be pulling LOX from the ISRU converter because, even if the converter is converting, the landed ship isn't demanding LOX at the moment (unless I fire one of its engines at a low enough power so the ship doesn't take off), right?

So a refueling base may have a mining vessel and a separate converter vessel, but the ships to be refueled must be docked/attached with klaw/connected with KAS pipes to the vessel with the ISRU converter, right? Or can this work without docking/otherwise connecting the converter vessel to the ship to be refueled?