[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

19 hours ago, SSSPutnik said:

I'm having issues with mining.

12 hours ago, RoverDude said:

SSSPutnik - grab the latest USITools version from Github.

Actually - I was having similar issues to those described by @SSSPutnik with USITools 0.10.2 - [PRE-RELEASE] installed; as provided in Constellation_2017.12.10.1.zip. "Rolling back"(?) to USITools 0.10.1 - 2017.10.09 appears (so far) to have fixed it but I fear this means I am now missing some "Logistics Updates" mentioned in the Changelog. My career save has not yet unlocked the Duna or Tundra Logistics Modules which I understand are required for the recently reinstated orbital logistics.

Is it even possible to move cargo with the crane(s) or the magnetic coupler? I've got a reasonably-sized cargo plane and I can't figure out how to lift cargo out of it (no rear ramp). The PAL crane is too weak, the magnetic coupler doesn't move, or at least I can't get it to, and the manipulator crane is just too complicated for me.

I assume it's possible, but how?

Edited by Black-Two-

Hey everyone, 

First off, I've been having a blast learning how to use the mod.  

I'm trying to build my minmus base using KIS/KAS to assemble the MKS Multitrusses together.  When I try to attach to a ranger anchor multihub/node, it doesn't give me the doughnut connector if i use that node to attach to.  There's just a gap there.  Is that intentional?  I can get the doughnut connector to show up correctly in the VAB, but it kinda defeats the purpose of assembling on site.  The multitruss just doesn't look right when connected flush to the ranger anchor hub

I'd appreciate any assistance you can provide.

I'm having an unfortunate issue with the Construction ports.

Whenever I merge the ports, anything that has been radially attached to the "add-on" portion of the merged vessel gets displaced and ends up looking like their floating with no physical attachment, or lost inside the mesh.

Pictures explain better.

Before
https://imgur.com/iyIe1B2

After
https://imgur.com/LWBd2IW

Any solution? Thanks.

4 hours ago, brohande said:

Hey everyone, 

First off, I've been having a blast learning how to use the mod.  

I'm trying to build my minmus base using KIS/KAS to assemble the MKS Multitrusses together.  When I try to attach to a ranger anchor multihub/node, it doesn't give me the doughnut connector if i use that node to attach to.  There's just a gap there.  Is that intentional?  I can get the doughnut connector to show up correctly in the VAB, but it kinda defeats the purpose of assembling on site.  The multitruss just doesn't look right when connected flush to the ranger anchor hub

I'd appreciate any assistance you can provide.

If you reload the scene, the visuals reappear.  This is a known issue (it would likely take exposing a method in stock that KIS could call that would force a re-evaluation of the nodes).

2 hours ago, _Zee said:

I'm having an unfortunate issue with the Construction ports.

Whenever I merge the ports, anything that has been radially attached to the "add-on" portion of the merged vessel gets displaced and ends up looking like their floating with no physical attachment, or lost inside the mesh.

Pictures explain better.

Before
https://imgur.com/iyIe1B2

After
https://imgur.com/LWBd2IW

Any solution? Thanks.

I've seen this before but thought it was sorted - can you confirm your version of Konstruction?  (it's in the version file)

23 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

I've seen this before but thought it was sorted - can you confirm your version of Konstruction?  (it's in the version file)

Version file text inside:

Spoiler

{
     "NAME":"Konstruction",
     "URL":"https://raw.githubusercontent.com/BobPalmer/Konstruction/master/FOR_RELEASE/GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/Konstruction/Konstruction.version",
     "DOWNLOAD":"https://github.com/BobPalmer/Konstruction/releases",
     "GITHUB":{
         "USERNAME":"BobPalmer",
         "REPOSITORY":"Konstruction",
         "ALLOW_PRE_RELEASE":false
     },
     "VERSION":{
         "MAJOR":0,
         "MINOR":1,
         "PATCH":2,
         "BUILD":0
     },
     "KSP_VERSION":{
         "MAJOR":1,
         "MINOR":2,
         "PATCH":0
     },
     "KSP_VERSION_MIN":{
     },
     "KSP_VERSION_MAX":{
     }
 } 

Yes, I'm running KSP 1.22. I had set my game up a year ago and spent a lotttt of time making custom edits and fixes to all the different mods I had installed (making my own patches, organizing the CTT just the way I wanted, etc) and I'm really happy with my install for the most part, and really have no interest in re-doing all the work again. I'm very comfortable navigating and editing mods after I've gotten my hands on them, so if there's an edit I can make it'd be much appreciated if you pointed me in the right direction. Just please don't tell me its some dll that I can't update on my running save or something like that. :P;.;:P

Edited by _Zee

4 hours ago, RoverDude said:

If you reload the scene, the visuals reappear.  This is a known issue (it would likely take exposing a method in stock that KIS could call that would force a re-evaluation of the nodes).

Thank you! 

I've been using the Karibou parts to build a rover for creating stuff with Extraplanetary Launchpads and I hit a snag in that the Crew Module, which was intended to be a life-support part, just isn't.  Using my feeble modding skills, I thought I had it fixed and submitted this PR: https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/pull/1371/files 

I still think that's the right fix, but the Rover I built with it has this annoying habit:  If I switch scenes and come back to the rover, the Hab modules on both the Crew Cabin and the Karibou Command Pod don't have their life support stuff running (I have to click on 'Start Habitat' again).  Any ideas on what might be causing this?

looking at the file, I'm guessing it's running out of EC, since the Crew Cabin doesn't have EC storage of it's own. Therefore, the rover's batteries run out, causing the hab module to shut down. Add extra battteries to the rover to fix the problem. (as a rule of thumb, I ensure all my vessels have a minimum of 24 hours of batteries (the idea being that the vessel runs on batteries when it's on the dark side of a planet, while recharging while in the sun. Obviously, if you're using something other than solar power, then you can get away with less (though since most forms of nuclear power require resources, it's still worth having large amounts of EC storage as backup agianst running out of fuel.

23 minutes ago, theaveragepxtseryu said:

Quick question...

Where's the centrifuge from on the first page? I can't find it in the part selection.

It's the 'MKS 'Tundra' Habitation Ring' - note that it's an inflatable part, so you'll only see it in it's deflated state in the part-pick.  (And you'll either have to launch it inflated, or ship a *lot* of MaterialKits to inflate it.)

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 3:59 AM, Bionic bulldog said:

6. Have the same issue as some others where not all usi parts appear in menus. All the mods are up to date, and have the usi style icons for konstructiin, konlization etc. But have to type umbra in search to see all parts. No big deal as i got used to it now, but be nice to why items such as your landing legs dont appear in any menu. Also i dont have an icon under manfacturing for umbra or usi, am i supoosed  have one?

Same Issue everything USI up to date AND NO USI LANDING LEGS IN ANY MENU...!

4 hours ago, RoverDude said:

What discord do you speak of? :D

The general KSP discord server.

6 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Same Issue everything USI up to date AND NO USI LANDING LEGS IN ANY MENU...!

The Karbonite landing legs are in Utility. Look again there.

im having some issues with 1.3.1 64 bit game crashing on start up and have narrowed it down to your toolbar addin. or at least one of the 2 that are included with USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS). i have gone and updated my toolbar add on to 0.10.1. included is a link to the error logs dropbox files. any help would be appreciated..in the meantime..is the game playable without the toolbar add ins? https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7qxdx72ai44jtd/error logs.zip?dl=0

Edited by apoch1999
link addition

7 minutes ago, apoch1999 said:

im having some issues with 1.3.1 64 bit game crashing on start up and have narrowed it down to your toolbar addin. or at least one of the 2 that are included with USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS). i have gone and updated my toolbar add on to 0.10.1. included is a link to the error logs dropbox files. any help would be appreciated..in the meantime..is the game playable without the toolbar add ins? 

MKS has nothing to do with the Toolbar mod - it is entirely separate and neither bundled nor recommended (by CKAN). It's just a replacement for the stock AppLauncher button menu, which is what it will use otherwise.

5 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

MKS has nothing to do with the Toolbar mod - it is entirely separate and neither bundled nor recommended (by CKAN). It's just a replacement for the stock AppLauncher button menu, which is what it will use otherwise.

well.. i take out the files 000_AT_Utils and 000_USITools and the game loads..i put them in and it crashes.. so who do i need to give my log files to to find out whats going on? 

36 minutes ago, apoch1999 said:

well.. i take out the files 000_AT_Utils and 000_USITools and the game loads..i put them in and it crashes.. so who do i need to give my log files to to find out whats going on? 

And if you take out the toolbar mod does the game load?