[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

12 hours ago, Chilkoot said:

I've also just realized the inflatable storage module - when uninflated - can hold a small supply of material kits, specialized parts, and machinery too.  An engineer's bag of tricks for field maintenance.  I *have* been using the Akita for maintenance circuits, but in very low gravity and with rough terrain it can be pretty hard to manage with any kind of load (like anything with wheels), so I wanted to try either walking or EVA flying as an alternative.

use the akita as a frame and use either ions or monoprop. 

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:48 AM, juanml82 said:

Hi, I'm building a refinery for a mining base I'm building at a border between the Mun's midlands and highlands, which should have access to all raw resources (need to double check that, though).

I'm checking the 10th slide here https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1MF9iXJfcId5jF0TCA_gln0vcCXHmlHQK_Y83DvOLBvE/pub?start=false&loop=true&delayms=3000#slide=id.g1eec1a52be_0_0

and according to it I need two Industrial Refineries and one Assembly Plant to process all resources except for greenhouses/fertilizer and uranium. But how are the Bay configurations supposed to be set up? I mean, they aren't labeled as, for instance "silicates to silicon". I'm setting them up this way

v5kqde9.png

But is this way right or will it need adjustments? Also, what's the MPU for? Is it some sort of improved ISRU?

Hi,

It's been a while, but for a self sufficient base, silicon and chemical manufacturing may need up to 4 bays each, along with a lot of tankage to hold their raw resources.

You will need to spend some quality time with the MKS Manufacturing section of the wiki and understand the production and consumption rates, and then you'll understand.

Three refineries are better then two, but if you are slightly short on a resource production, you can always try MPLs to get that little extra production.

Unless you have to make H2O, two ASMs may be way overkill. You'll find that Fertilizer consumption can be very small and produced in a much more efficient way with smaller resources.

Thoughts on logistics.

Example:

Land a Kontainer set for example Karbonite, with two drills mining karb, two heatsinks,  it's own power (reactor), a probe core and antenna.
Kontainer set with local and planetary logistics.

Will this store the karbonite in the planatary storage, or only local on the vessel itself?

Example two; If the above is not an option;
Kontainer with drills, heatsinks, power (own or pwr coupler), probe core, antenna. Set local and planetary logistics.

If i land a Duna Logistics unmanned will it push stuff that is within range (previous kontainer-driller for example) (150m) vessels to the planetary storage, or only the resources that is attached to the Duna logistic (need to connect it with a pipe or docked or flexotubes)? 

My goal is to land kontainer with drills, to mine what resources are grouped together, "beam" them to the base or manufactoring site someplace else or in orbit.
That would eliminate the need for locally harvested resources and keep base partcounts down.

Thoughts, ideas?

/MrStoned

31 minutes ago, mrstoned said:

Thoughts on logistics.

-snip-

Thoughts, ideas?

/MrStoned

You'd need a Logistics unit (either Duna or Tundra Pioneer will do) to engage in Planetary Logistics.

For some reason, the MKS tabs aren't showing for me anymore :( anyone know a fix?

7 minutes ago, TDplay said:

You'd need a Logistics unit (either Duna or Tundra Pioneer will do) to engage in Planetary Logistics.

Excellent.

And just to follow up, unmanned vessels will not pull from planetary storage, but will share local resources within range (150m?) when a Logistics unit is present? (Even if logistics unit is unmanned?)

/MrStoned

Edited by mrstoned

38 minutes ago, mrstoned said:

Excellent.

And just to follow up, unmanned vessels will not pull from planetary storage, but will share local resources within range (150m?) when a Logistics unit is present? (Even if logistics unit is unmanned?)

/MrStoned

For 150m logistics, no logistic unit needed.

For 2km logistics, Karibou or other recognised rover needed inbetween vessels.

For planetary logistics, logistic unit and pilot needed.

Very good.

Tundra pioneer+logistics with reactor. Kontainers with drills and powercoupler all within 150m.

Makes for a neat unmanned miningsite. Pushing raw materials to manufacturing site.

This untangles the info i got from the wiki abit. Some sections are old and conflicting.

Thanks all.

/MrStoned

Hi

Has anyone else experienced "lag" issues when using any of the drills packed with the mks.

When building craft, when i select one of the drills it takes a few seconds for it to select, then be jerky when trying to place it. Same if i have placed it on craft then try to select it to move it.

When trying to land craft always seems to pause around 500m ish from ground and hover for many seconds before carrying on.

Any craft ive landed or in factory with drills takes lot longer to load when switching to it. Same applies if i am piloting a craft to land near a drill equiped craft.

I have tried experimenting and cant find what is happening. I even built two identical vehicles, one equiped with mks drills one with stock. Stock craft has no issues, loads quick in vab and landed, but mks drilked unit takes ages.

All mks up to date including tools.

I only have issues with drills as far as i can tell, no other part ive used has same problem.

Thanks for reading.

To the guy asking about automated Karbonite mining above:

The MPU's can also *push* to planetary logistics without a pilot or logistic modules (they have ModulePlanetaryLogistics as true).  Here's an example craft you can drop to mine a variety of K/K+ products and push to planetary stores:

Ikyudd5.png

Main parts:

• Ranger cooling (x2) and electrical production
  • Ranger inflatable storage #5 (Karbonite + H2O)
  • 4x Radial Karbonite drills
  • Skycrane and LFO tank for descent and hopping around b/w drill sites
  • 4x Kontainer tanks:  LFO, Monoproprellant, Karborundum and LH2
  • Karbonite Distiller (BSX-100)
  • Karbonite Converter (BSP 1-25)
  • Material Processing Unit (1.25m) - 0 machinery, as it just has to exist, not run
  • 2x Portable Karbelectric Generator
  • Solar arrays, antenna, surface scanning module, portable Karbonite sample kit, remote control/command module

It can autonomously mine and/or produce the following products and store them in planetary logistics automatically, or share with local logistics that are in range (150m/2000m):

• Karbonite
  • Karborundum
  • Water
  • Liquid Fuel + Oxidizer (optionally refill it's own tank first, then send to planetary storage)
  • Liquid Hydrogen (LH2)
  • Monopropellant

It has 3 4 power sources:  Nuclear, Solar, Karbelectric and Beamed any of which can power it fully - choose the best depending on heat and light exposure.  It needs about 1% karbonite concentration in the ground to self-power on Karbelectric.  The Ranger cooling solution is sufficient for almost anywhere, but if you land it somewhere *extremely* violent like Thalia in GPP,  you need to add 2 large radiators, which makes it sustainable even on nuclear power.

This is definitely a set-it-and-forget it miner that you put in a corner with a high K/K+ (SiK?) concentration to fill up planetary resources.  The nuclear fuel is good for a few years, whereas the solar and karbelectric are essentially perpetual though they can result in lower overall yields.

EDIT:  I know there are some better parts choices - I'm on career and this is what I have access to currently.

Edited by Chilkoot

53 minutes ago, Bionic bulldog said:

Hi

Has anyone else experienced "lag" issues when using any of the drills packed with the mks.

When building craft, when i select one of the drills it takes a few seconds for it to select, then be jerky when trying to place it. Same if i have placed it on craft then try to select it to move it.

When trying to land craft always seems to pause around 500m ish from ground and hover for many seconds before carrying on.

Any craft ive landed or in factory with drills takes lot longer to load when switching to it. Same applies if i am piloting a craft to land near a drill equiped craft.

I have tried experimenting and cant find what is happening. I even built two identical vehicles, one equiped with mks drills one with stock. Stock craft has no issues, loads quick in vab and landed, but mks drilked unit takes ages.

All mks up to date including tools.

I only have issues with drills as far as i can tell, no other part ive used has same problem.

Thanks for reading.

I can confirm your issues with the drills in the editor at least - it's proportional to how many bays they have. I looked on GitHub, and the issue was logged - RoverDude said it was "being worked on for the next version" or something like that. Dunno if that's still true, but I assume it is.

I *think* the same is true for things with other swappable converters/modules, but am not sure about that.

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

24 minutes ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

I can confirm your issues with the drills in the editor at least - it's proportional to how many bays they have. I looked on GitHub, and the issue was logged - RoverDude said it was "being worked on for the next version" or something like that. Dunno if that's still true, but I assume it is.

I *think* the same is true for things with other swappable converters/modules, but am not sure about that.

Ah.. thanks for the info.

New release is up! 

Note that this will be the penultimate release (there is one more small patch incoming for OrbLog) for 1.3.1, barring any major issues.

0.53.1 - 2017.03.06
------------------
Depencency Updates
Fixed an issue where habitation time would have unpredictable effects when entering/leaving shared life support range
Added antennas to the Karibou (Thanks Voicey99!)
Fixed the fuel cell water output patch (Thanks Wyzard256!)
Updated Kolonization Monitor to reflect crew count with booster traits (Thanks jd284!)
Normalized Tundra decal orientation (Thanks Doktorjet!)
Increased drill cost to balance with stock drills (Thanks Wyzard256!)
Added LH2 boiloff for Karibou tanks if CryoTanks is installed (Thanks Wyzard256!)
Removed duplicate resource from the Karibou short wheelbay (Thanks wile1411!)
Fixed the Habitation capability of the Karibou Crew Cab (Thanks voicey99!)
Orbital Logistics are back!
- Both Tundra and Duna Logistics Modules can now initiate transfers.  
- Both sending and receiving vessels require a logistics module to be present.
Drills have received a balance pass.  Mass will tend to drop a bit, efficiency will slightly increase for manned drills, decrease for unmanned drills.  These tweaks are reflected on the USI Balance Worksheet.
An issue causing extreme lag when working with parts that have swappable converters has been corrected, and the configs of all parts with swappable converters have been updated.

2 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Sorted in the new version

New patch out - just a small one that adds Transport Credits.  These are how you pay for Orbital Logistics, and are a combination of LF, Ox, and MatKits (Representing the wear and tear, disposable stages, and fuel for the vessels that move stuff around).  Converters are built into the two log centers.  Enjoy :)

RE 1.4 - There will be a 1.4.x release set up shortly (working on it today) for those of you on the new version.  Also bundling the last constellation release this morning for anyone staying on 1.3.1 for now.

5 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

New patch out - just a small one that adds Transport Credits.  These are how you pay for Orbital Logistics, and are a combination of LF, Ox, and MatKits (Representing the wear and tear, disposable stages, and fuel for the vessels that move stuff around).  Converters are built into the two log centers.  Enjoy :)

RE 1.4 - There will be a 1.4.x release set up shortly (working on it today) for those of you on the new version.  Also bundling the last constellation release this morning for anyone staying on 1.3.1 for now.

Are the domes available? 

4 minutes ago, Danilo Coelho said:

Are the domes available? 

Not in this release - those will be for the 1.4.x versions of MKS, mostly because I want to leave the 1.3.x versions in a very stable state.  Tho nothing will stop folks from copying the configs/assets

Ah, well met. I  just checked for an issue and found your latest and last patch for 1.3.1.

Drills.

I despaired on a "get ore from Mun" mission. It will just not check "aquire fresh ore from Mun". Is this a known issue? If there is no quick answer, I will send another mission with drill-o-matics just to see if the bug is somewhere else in the mission creator.

@RoverDude Thank you for getting the USI releases updated to 1.4 so fast!  And thank you for all the USI stuff you do. I LOVE this mod!

I noticed that the msk_drill_*** parts were missing in the VAB so I did some investigating and found an error in the ksp.log. I've cleared my GameData folder and loaded and installed just the MKS mod and I still get the error, so I think I've eliminated all the other variables I could. Here's the error:

[ERR 19:04:55.201] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 19:04:55.202] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/MKS_Drill_02A/MKS_Drill_02A'
[ERR 19:04:55.202] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartLoader.ReplaceTextures (UnityEngine.GameObject model, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 textureNames, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 newTextures) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.CompileModel (.UrlConfig cfg, .ConfigNode partCfg, Single scaleFactor, .AvailablePart partInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I checked the part config and made sure that the texture file (`UmbraSpaceIndustries\MKS\Assets\TriBitDrill_GN.dds`) exists and is not corrupt (it opens in Paint.net just fine).

I even tried copying the TriBitDrill_GN.dds file from an older, known-good version of MKS just to see if something got corrupted but I get the same error.

EDIT:

While I was in the log I looked to see if I could find any more details and noticed a few other things. Would you like me to make GitHub issues for these instead of forum posts?

[ERR 19:55:27.188] Error: FSFuelSwitch Mass Discrepancy detected in part 'KA.Tank.Radial.02'.
[ERR 19:55:27.232] Error: FSFuelSwitch Mass Discrepancy detected in part 'KA.Tank.Radial.03'.

[LOG 19:55:28.525] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/KarbonitePlus/Parts/ORE_Drill/ORE_DRILL'
[ERR 19:55:28.525] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartLoader.ReplaceTextures (UnityEngine.GameObject model, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 textureNames, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 newTextures) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.CompileModel (.UrlConfig cfg, .ConfigNode partCfg, Single scaleFactor, .AvailablePart partInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[LOG 19:55:34.589] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/Orion/Parts/OrionTank/USI_ORIONTank'
[LOG 19:55:34.598] FSfuelSwitch: error parsing resource amount 4/0: '20000': ''
[LOG 19:55:34.605] FSfuelSwitch: error parsing resource amount 4/0: '20000': ''
[LOG 19:55:34.608] PartLoader: Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/Orion/Parts/OrionTank/USI_ORIONTank' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 19:55:34.616] FSfuelSwitch: error parsing resource amount 4/0: '20000': ''

[WRN 19:55:08.552] Texture load error in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\LifeSupport\Supplies.dds'

I can open Supplies.dds just fine in Paint.net, so I don't know what it's complaining about.

That's all the instances of "Error" I could find in the log

I found some other ERR instances:

[LOG 20:27:52.945] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'GroundConstruction/Parts/DIYKit/DIYKit/DIYKit'
[ERR 20:27:52.968] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler
[ERR 20:27:52.977] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[LOG 20:28:01.766] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karbonite/Parts/KA_SRB_125_01/KA_SRB_125_01'
[ERR 20:28:01.777] Invalid integer value! Field vectorAdjustment, value 0.1 on object of type USITools.USI_WiggleEngine

[LOG 20:28:01.793] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karbonite/Parts/KA_SRB_125_02/KA_SRB_125_02'
[ERR 20:28:01.802] Invalid integer value! Field vectorAdjustment, value 0.1 on object of type USITools.USI_WiggleEngine

[LOG 20:28:01.819] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karbonite/Parts/KA_SRB_625_01/KA_SRB_625_01'
[ERR 20:28:01.828] Invalid integer value! Field vectorAdjustment, value 0.1 on object of type USITools.USI_WiggleEngine

[LOG 20:28:01.843] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karbonite/Parts/KA_SRB_625_02/KA_SRB_625_02'
[ERR 20:28:01.854] Invalid integer value! Field vectorAdjustment, value 0.1 on object of type USITools.USI_WiggleEngine

[LOG 20:28:05.660] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/MKS_Drill_01A/MKS_Drill_01A'
[ERR 20:28:05.683] Invalid integer value! Field HarvesterType, value 0.8 on object of type USITools.ModuleResourceHarvester_USI

[LOG 20:28:10.430] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'GCToolbarManager' from assembly 'GroundConstruction'
[LOG 20:28:10.669] [UIMasterController]: HideUI
[ERR 20:28:10.670] [Agent]: Is missing its 'title' value

[LOG 20:28:10.674] [Agent]: Found 19 agent mentality types
[ERR 20:28:10.674] [Agent]: Is missing its 'title' value

I found some other WRN instances:

[WRN 20:27:42.606] Cannot create config from file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\LifeSupport\Resources.cfg'.

[LOG 20:28:06.409] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Ranger_HabModule/Ranger_HabModule'
[WRN 20:28:06.416] [ShipConstruct for Ranger.HabModule]: part cost (3110.0) is less than the cost of its resources (3160.0)

[LOG 20:28:06.550] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Ranger_PowerPack/Ranger_PowerPack'
[WRN 20:28:06.556] [ShipConstruct for Ranger.PowerPack]: part cost (3500.0) is less than the cost of its resources (80000.0)

[LOG 20:28:02.752] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karibou/Parts/KER_Hub/KER_Hub'
[WRN 20:28:02.758] [ShipConstruct for KER.Hub]: part cost (2500.0) is less than the cost of its resources (1250.0)

[LOG 20:28:04.498] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Parts/Fert_125/Fert_Tank_125'
[WRN 20:28:04.508] [ShipConstruct for Fert.Tank.125]: part cost (500.0) is less than the cost of its resources (1000.0)
[LOG 20:28:04.527] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Parts/Fert_250/Fert_Tank_250'
[WRN 20:28:04.533] [ShipConstruct for Fert.Tank.250]: part cost (1000.0) is less than the cost of its resources (9000.0)
[LOG 20:28:04.549] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Parts/Fert_375/Fert_Tank_375'
[WRN 20:28:04.555] [ShipConstruct for Fert.Tank.375]: part cost (1500.0) is less than the cost of its resources (30000.0)

[LOG 20:28:04.663] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Parts/MiniPak_01/LifeSupportMiniPack'
[WRN 20:28:04.672] [ShipConstruct for LifeSupportMiniPack]: part cost (100.0) is less than the cost of its resources (250.0)
[LOG 20:28:04.688] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Parts/MiniPak_02/FertilizerMiniPack'
[WRN 20:28:04.694] [ShipConstruct for FertilizerMiniPack]: part cost (100.0) is less than the cost of its resources (200.0)

[LOG 20:28:04.782] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Parts/Tank_125/LS_Tank_125'
[WRN 20:28:04.789] [ShipConstruct for LS.Tank.125]: part cost (500.0) is less than the cost of its resources (1250.0)
[LOG 20:28:04.804] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Parts/Tank_250/LS_Tank_250'
[WRN 20:28:04.810] [ShipConstruct for LS.Tank.250]: part cost (1000.0) is less than the cost of its resources (11250.0)
[LOG 20:28:04.828] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport/Parts/Tank_375/LS_Tank_375'
[WRN 20:28:04.834] [ShipConstruct for LS.Tank.375]: part cost (1500.0) is less than the cost of its resources (37500.0)

[LOG 20:28:05.525] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Duna_Pioneer/Duna_Pioneer'
[WRN 20:28:05.532] [ShipConstruct for Duna.Pioneer]: part cost (5000.0) is less than the cost of its resources (6320.0)

[LOG 20:28:07.946] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Tundra_Workshop250/Tundra_Workshop250'
[WRN 20:28:07.952] [ShipConstruct for Tundra.Workshop250]: part cost (8000.0) is less than the cost of its resources (790.0)

[WRN 20:27:43.414] Texture resolution is not valid for compression: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\000_USITools\Logistics_N.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression
[LOG 20:27:43.414] Load(Texture): 000_USITools/Logistics_S
[WRN 20:27:43.415] Texture resolution is not valid for compression: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\000_USITools\Logistics_S.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression
[LOG 20:27:43.415] Load(Texture): 000_USITools/Manufacturing_N
[WRN 20:27:43.416] Texture resolution is not valid for compression: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\000_USITools\Manufacturing_N.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression
[LOG 20:27:43.416] Load(Texture): 000_USITools/Manufacturing_S
[WRN 20:27:43.417] Texture resolution is not valid for compression: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\000_USITools\Manufacturing_S.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression

[LOG 20:27:43.459] Load(Texture): GroundConstruction/Icons/applauncher-icon
[WRN 20:27:43.459] Texture resolution is not valid for compression: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\GroundConstruction\Icons\applauncher-icon.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression

[LOG 20:27:45.659] Load(Texture): UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karbonite/Assets/blank_a
[WRN 20:27:45.660] Texture resolution is not valid for compression: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\Karbonite\Assets\blank_a.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression

[LOG 20:27:45.761] Load(Texture): UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karbonite/Assets/rotorDisc
[WRN 20:27:45.761] Texture resolution is not valid for compression: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\Karbonite\Assets\rotorDisc.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression

[LOG 20:27:45.764] Load(Texture): UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karbonite/Assets/UHB_props_DIF
[WRN 20:27:45.765] Texture resolution is not valid for compression: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\Karbonite\Assets\UHB_props_DIF.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression
[LOG 20:27:45.765] Load(Texture): UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karbonite/Assets/UHB_props_EMI
[WRN 20:27:45.766] Texture resolution is not valid for compression: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\Karbonite\Assets\UHB_props_EMI.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression

[LOG 20:27:48.200] Load(Model): UmbraSpaceIndustries/Akita/Assets/Akita_Wheel
[WRN 20:27:48.201] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.
[WRN 20:27:48.201] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[LOG 20:27:48.467] Load(Model): UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karbonite/Assets/kaRadialLeg
[WRN 20:27:48.470] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.
[WRN 20:27:48.470] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[LOG 20:27:49.084] Load(Model): UmbraSpaceIndustries/Konstruction/Assets/PAL_MiniWheel
[WRN 20:27:49.087] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.
[WRN 20:27:49.087] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[LOG 20:27:49.096] Load(Model): UmbraSpaceIndustries/Konstruction/Assets/PAL_Wheel
[WRN 20:27:49.100] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.
[WRN 20:27:49.100] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.
[LOG 20:27:49.101] Load(Model): UmbraSpaceIndustries/Konstruction/Assets/PAL_Wheel_2
[WRN 20:27:49.104] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.
[WRN 20:27:49.104] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.
[LOG 20:27:49.107] Load(Model): UmbraSpaceIndustries/Konstruction/Assets/PAL_Wheel_3
[WRN 20:27:49.112] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.
[WRN 20:27:49.112] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[LOG 20:27:49.230] Load(Model): UmbraSpaceIndustries/Malemute/Assets/MiniWheel
[WRN 20:27:49.232] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.
[WRN 20:27:49.232] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[LOG 20:27:49.267] Load(Model): UmbraSpaceIndustries/Malemute/Assets/RoverWheel
[WRN 20:27:49.270] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.
[WRN 20:27:49.270] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

[LOG 20:27:49.388] Load(Model): UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/LandingWheel
[WRN 20:27:49.390] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.
[WRN 20:27:49.390] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.

Edited by fragzilla17
Added more log info

59 minutes ago, Falkenherz said:

Ah, well met. I  just checked for an issue and found your latest and last patch for 1.3.1.

Drills.

I despaired on a "get ore from Mun" mission. It will just not check "aquire fresh ore from Mun". Is this a known issue? If there is no quick answer, I will send another mission with drill-o-matics just to see if the bug is somewhere else in the mission creator.

As far as I can tell you need to use stock drills to get the ore missions(at least for the MKS version released in October 2017 running on KSP 1.3.1)

Dunno if this is MKS reactors specifically or.. or what. Only tried this with the 0.625m reactor. But: small note in 1.4 - if you have a small reactor recharging your EC on a rover, let's say, it will not recharge EC to full. I have 650 EC on my craft, and the reactor will only bring it to 617EC, but the reactor still reads as having a load on it. Solar panels, by contrast, will recharge the EC to 100%.

Dunno what's going on there, but it's easy to replicate the behavior (I think).

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly
the crossed out bit was a lie

10 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Dunno if this is MKS reactors specifically or.. or what. Only tried this with the 0.625m reactor. But: small note in 1.4 - if you have a small reactor recharging your EC on a rover, let's say, it will not recharge EC to full. I have 650 EC on my craft, and the reactor will only bring it to 617EC, but the reactor still reads as having a load on it. Solar panels, by contrast, will recharge the EC to 100%.

Dunno what's going on there, but it's easy to replicate the behavior (I think).

MKS reactors will only charge your batteries to 90% and then stop consuming EU.  This is to reduce wasting resources and is a design feature.

(lets you do things like only run your reactor at night if you have enough solar to power your base, and lets you conserve fuel by adding solar to your base)