[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

10 minutes ago, Gurki said:

I didn't see the button on Duna or Tundra logistics modules :/

Having KSP 1.4.1 + MKS 0.54.1

Is there any other prerequisites ? I'm trying this from KSC, but I don't think that should make any difference ...

I'm getting the same results as Gurki, same set up config he mentions.  

Hw7hHQv.png
7mNpL6B.png

I'm running a sandbox mission. Would that make a difference for Orbital Logistics?

Edited by notthebobo

3 minutes ago, Gilph said:

I checked all of the vessels in the picture I posted earlier. All have the Start TC button, even on bases that dont have lf/ox and MK. I think maybe OL is not enabled on the home planet.

if OL is disabled on Kerbin then that should be togglable in future or for debugging/testing purposes at least, I'm yet confused about the new feature.

1 hour ago, Gurki said:

Is there any other prerequisites ? I'm trying this from KSC, but I don't think that should make any difference ...

Probably because this isnt updated to 1.4.1

On 3/17/2018 at 8:46 PM, Gilph said:

Have a decent 1.3.1 MKS install using the USI Tools 10.1 version with MKS 0.53.2. Didn't think OL would work, but it seems to be OK.

Made a test base to generate T-Credits. It consumes .23 MK per second? That's 10 Ranger Workshops at 100% load for MK only. I can see the logic of having it high, but this will be interesting.

Consider T-Creds more about rapid assembly and storage vs. production.   hence the speed.

20 hours ago, AtilaElari said:

Either it's a bug or I'm missing something: I deploy the Material Processing Unit (on the launchpad for now), right-click on it and I see all the conversion options. But then 5 seconds later they all disappear, leaving only the option for LFO. What's going on?

Sorted in a later release, I assume you are on 1.3.1?

18 hours ago, failurecascade said:

Just a heads-up to anyone having problems...

In testing KSP 1.4.1 with MKS, I noticed that Windows Defender quarantined RD's KolonyTools.dll.  Malwarebytes had no problem with it, so it's likely a false positive, but that would presumably break things if it went unnoticed.

Yay :/

17 hours ago, fragzilla17 said:

yeah that just started happening to me today, too. I think a recent update to Defender started the problem because I haven't changed KolonyTools.dll in a few days.

I unquarantine it and it seems to work OK for a few launches and then "detects" it again. Seems to happen every other or every third launch of ksp or so.

Thanks Microsoft :P

4 hours ago, LatiMacciato said:

I believe the orbital logistics feature is possibly new and sort of unfinnished yet, correct me if I'm wrong!
So far I could not transfer anything to anywhere yet, haven't figured out anything and yes, there is a lack of explaination on the wiki.

regardless I totally love that feature!

Should be working, I will have to poke around and see why not.

2 hours ago, Gurki said:

Yeah should be there...

51 minutes ago, korniton said:

Probably because this isnt updated to 1.4.1

This is incorrect.

Just now, korniton said:

@RoverDude Is this for 1.4.1? 

As I was also having a problem with deploying the extender tube. There was no button for "deploy"

See above... it is 1.4.1 compatible (assuming you are using a 1.4.x compatible version of course).

What extender tube are you talking about?

5 hours ago, notthebobo said:

First new point: Orbital Logistics occurs from one Logistics module to another.  It's unclear if one, both, or neither logistics center needs to be manned, and if so, with what skill (pilot?).

Second, transfers require Transfer Credits (TC). 1 material kit + 2.25 LF + 2.75 Ox yields 5 TC.  They do not require separate storage but I can't figure out how they're created in the first place.

Third, there is an new Orbital Logistics transfer window on the Kolonization Dashboard, and Orbital Logistics is a new menu item for the Logistics modules.  New transfers are initiated from the Orbital Logistics window by clicking "New Transfer" which opens a different window where you choose the target Logistics module and the type and amount of resources to transfer.  Doing this shows three calculated values: Total Mass (which seems to be for information only), Total Cost (in TCs), and Transit Time.  Whenever I attempt to transfer something, I get the message "The transfer exceeds the available payload capacity. Remove some items or increase payload capacity."  What capacity is this referring to?  It's not the storage on the receiving vessel in the test cases I've built as they have plenty of available storage. I've tried it with the "Planetary Warehouse" option turned on and off for both the sender and receiver, but I get the same message.

Any other points that need to be made for the Wiki? Is there any restriction on what can be transferred (e.g., no enriched Uranium?) Is there a set calculation for the TC cost based on mass and distance?

Oh, and @RoverDude, I realize you're *really* busy, but if you could create a nifty little image like the other logistics images, that would be sweet.  They have a certain charm.

Hey man - I expect to be using orbital logistics a *lot* over the next week and will hopefully have more info, but here are some quick answers:

• Neither logistics module needs to be manned (unlike pulling from planetary)
  • There's a little button on the logistics module menu that says "Start TC creation" or something similar.
  • That error message shows up if you don't have enough TC to make the transfer.  Probably just a standard error message cut/paste placeholder until RoverDude has some time to fix the system up a bit.

As for costs and whatnot, it appears that sending anything from planet-> orbit is *very* expensive.  From ship to ship seems pretty cheap, but again, I have a lot of testing to do.  I'll try to keep you posed as I learn more.

1 hour ago, korniton said:

@Roverdude KAS/KIS? Im sorry but I dont know what that is.

Also another question to you, if you dont mind, good Sir. Is ground construction updated for this? :D

I love this mod, I just have no idea where to start :(

You could google it. (hint:ksp kis)

1 hour ago, korniton said:

@Roverdude KAS/KIS? Im sorry but I dont know what that is.

Also another question to you, if you dont mind, good Sir. Is ground construction updated for this? :D

I love this mod, I just have no idea where to start :(

@korniton,

Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) and Kerbal Attachment System (KIS) are used to store things and allow attaching things together.  The flex tubes are essentially KAS pipes, so you'll need that mod.

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

See above... it is 1.4.1 compatible (assuming you are using a 1.4.x compatible version of course).

What extender tube are you talking about?

I think the fact that the OP thread title still says 1.3 might contribute to people's confusion... :)

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

5 hours ago, Gurki said:

Sounds legit ... It will be too easy to use the orbital logistic to refuel our spacecraft once on orbit :)

If you can use orbital logistics to refuel your spacecraft you obviously could easily build a tanker to do it.  Orbital logistics simply keeps you from having to fly those tanker and supply missions.

11 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Consider T-Creds more about rapid assembly and storage vs. production.   hence the speed.

Understand...I like the challenge. In my 1.3.1 GPP save, I have an incredibly good biome in Iota (for a change) for manufacturing. I just landed a base with 5 refineries and 3 Ranger workshops for MK only. Will land another just like it, and that will give me about 65% of full prod capacity because my bonuses are only 120% at the moment. Need to send more Kolonists.

11 hours ago, Chilkoot said:

Hey man - I expect to be using orbital logistics a *lot* over the next week and will hopefully have more info, but here are some quick answers:

• Neither logistics module needs to be manned (unlike pulling from planetary)
  • There's a little button on the logistics module menu that says "Start TC creation" or something similar.
  • That error message shows up if you don't have enough TC to make the transfer.  Probably just a standard error message cut/paste placeholder until RoverDude has some time to fix the system up a bit.

As for costs and whatnot, it appears that sending anything from planet-> orbit is *very* expensive.  From ship to ship seems pretty cheap, but again, I have a lot of testing to do.  I'll try to keep you posed as I learn more.

As a test, I transferred fertilizer from the surface to a station in orbit around the same body. Got that error message and had to reduce the mass until it was happy. Took 2 days for the transfer and the fertilizer appeared on the station.  The Kerbals are back to full rations again.

I hope it stays expensive. It's quite a powerful function, it should be expensive.

In the next few weeks, will be sending two large stations; one to a fairly close inner moon (Eve) and one to a medium far outer moon (Loki). It will be interesting to see the costs for them.

4 minutes ago, Gilph said:

In the next few weeks, will be sending two large stations; one to a fairly close inner moon (Eve) and one to a medium far outer moon (Loki). It will be interesting to see the costs for them.

I don't think that will work unless both sender and recipient are in the same primary SOI.  As far as I can tell, you can't send between Eve orbit and Loki orbit, but I'd be interested to hear if this works. 

1 minute ago, Chilkoot said:

I don't think that will work unless both sender and recipient are in the same primary SOI.  As far as I can tell, you can't send between Eve orbit and Loki orbit, but I'd be interested to hear if this works. 

Ahhh...you may be right. I had forgotten that. It's Planetary Logistics, not Interplanetary Logistics, which I recall is listed as a future feature.

No matter. PL will be really helpful for those bodies in GPP that have fairly high gravity moons around medium to high primary bodies. Just have to figure out a smaller MK base to land it easier on larger moons.

1 minute ago, Gilph said:

No matter. PL will be really helpful for those bodies in GPP that have fairly high gravity moons around medium to high primary bodies. Just have to figure out a smaller MK base to land it easier on larger moons.

Hoping to use it to ship Karborundum off the surface of Thalia in GPP rather than futz around with shuttles...  I should have some results in a day or two, provided everything doesn't explode on landing :wink: