[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

2 minutes ago, tonimark said:

yeah befor i install it the game loaded normally but after i install it the game crashed

yeah that's about as helpful as your previous posts.  you would need to provide far more detail to have any hope of getting help.  Logs, picture of your gamedata, versions at a minimum.

Recently start playing my old save in KSP on 1.4.3 and noticed now that the pulse drill for my Minmus base and all the USI drills in the SPH and VAB only show them as being able to produce dirt. My base relied on mining Gypsum but I can only mine dirt now for some reason. Is this this an intended change since I built this base in 1.3 or am I missing something? I have latest version of all USI mods according to CKAN and couldn't find any info here when I searched so I'm a little puzzled. Any help?

28 minutes ago, tonimark said:

ok here the last crash log :https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmtezlvs8l3s1ce/error.log?dl=0

the normal ksp.log display something else after i remove mks it , i restart it normally again 

@goldenpsp

Well that's a start.  Your RAM usage is high.  try running KSP with only MKS.  Beyond that it is hard to know as you still have given very little useful information to help.

4 hours ago, DougS2K said:

Recently start playing my old save in KSP on 1.4.3 and noticed now that the pulse drill for my Minmus base and all the USI drills in the SPH and VAB only show them as being able to produce dirt. My base relied on mining Gypsum but I can only mine dirt now for some reason. Is this this an intended change since I built this base in 1.3 or am I missing something? I have latest version of all USI mods according to CKAN and couldn't find any info here when I searched so I'm a little puzzled. Any help?

I believe the modules shown in the VAB are just the default material. You can change them in the VAB to mine whatever you want. If you launched the drills in the dirt config, you'll need a few material kits and specialized parts to let an engineer change the config of the drill on EVA.

5 hours ago, DougS2K said:

You need to deploy the drills in the VAB before you can change the resource on them for free in the VAB.

1 hour ago, adgriff2 said:

I believe the modules shown in the VAB are just the default material. You can change them in the VAB to mine whatever you want. If you launched the drills in the dirt config, you'll need a few material kits and specialized parts to let an engineer change the config of the drill on EVA.

57 minutes ago, Kaa253 said:

You need to deploy the drills in the VAB before you can change the resource on them for free in the VAB.

Well don't I feel foolish now. :blush: haha  I totally forgot about changing resource type in VAB and when it's deployed. Guess I've been away from the game too long. I still wonder why it got reverted to dirt on Minmus in the first place but at least it's back to Gypsum now. Thanks for the help guys. 

I have been out of the loop on my 1.3.1 career , as I was waiting for a chance to get to the latest version.

Now, since my career is using Kopernicus , I wasn't able to start with the latest 1.4.4, but I was able to get all the mods to load with no errors and the career to load with no errors.

[yeah, I know nice.. story, but what does this have to do MKS]

My career has been using MKS for a little over a year and it would seem that I missed something?  When I visited the drills, [the automated ones] they are no longer set to what they should be , but instead they are now set to dirt.

Can I get a little advise please?

Thanks,
GamersCircle

19 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

I have been out of the loop on my 1.3.1 career , as I was waiting for a chance to get to the latest version.

Now, since my career is using Kopernicus , I wasn't able to start with the latest 1.4.4, but I was able to get all the mods to load with no errors and the career to load with no errors.

[yeah, I know nice.. story, but what does this have to do MKS]

My career has been using MKS for a little over a year and it would seem that I missed something?  When I visited the drills, [the automated ones] they are no longer set to what they should be , but instead they are now set to dirt.

Can I get a little advise please?

Thanks,
GamersCircle

A good start would be to read back a little.  Your exact situation was just discussed above.

1 hour ago, goldenpsp said:

A good start would be to read back a little.  Your exact situation was just discussed above.

I see where they are talking about the drills in the editors .. The drills that were in my 1.3.1 save, were already on the MUN and DUNA , so I didn't see a solution?  Unless I need to retract and then redeploy them?

EDIT: I thought I was reading too much into it and did try to retract and re-deploy and that didn't work.  I do know that a drill along with an engineer can reconfig, but that is lots of drills.

Unless I didn't read back far enough?

Edited by gamerscircle

7 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

On 7/6/2018 at 8:52 PM, adgriff2 said:

...you'll need a few material kits and specialized parts to let an engineer change the config of the drill on EVA.

I'm struggling to work out how to use the medical bay (trying with the 2.5m one). I'm using latest (0.55.0) version of MKS and have USI LS installed. KSP 1.4.4 64-bit Linux.

So, once my kerbals' hab and home timers run out, I transfer them to the medical bay and turn it on. Colony supplies are being consumed, but nothing happens to their hab and home timers, still expired, no matter how long I leave it running. I've tried with just two kerbals, which should work according to the docs. Does it not work when the home timer is expired? Does a non-tourist scientist have to be present or something?

To be clear -

I have had a self-sustaining colonization save since Sept of 2016, the MKS structures on been on the surface of the Mun, Minmus and Duna were all setup/configured  in the SPH/VAB - launched and deployed in specific configurations [ExoticMinerals, Gypsum, RareMetals, Silicates, etc] based on ScanSat and local scans.

Am I having to send a kerbal to each drill site on each planet with SpecializedParts & MaterialKits to re-configure them all?

https://i.imgur.com/2oMpA3z.jpg

That is a lot of work to do and before I set out to do this, I would like to know why I am having to do this and should I plan ahead for this again?

Regards,
GamersCircle

Edited by gamerscircle

31 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

To be clear -

I have had a self-sustaining colonization save since Sept of 2016, the MKS structures on been on the surface of the Mun, Minmus and Duna were all setup/configured  in the SPH/VAB - launched and deployed in specific configurations [ExoticMinerals, Gypsum, RareMetals, Silicates, etc] based on ScanSat and local scans.

Am I having to send a kerbal to each drill site on each planet with SpecializedParts & MaterialKits to re-configure them all?

https://i.imgur.com/2oMpA3z.jpg

That is a lot of work to do and before I set out to do this, I would like to know why I am having to do this and should I plan ahead for this again?

Regards,
GamersCircle

Because the mod changed from 1.3.1 to 1.4.x?  It is pretty standard that @RoverDude saves major changes to the mod for the big point releases of KSP, often having some save breaking features.  That's the risk you incur if you want to do a major upgrade in the middle of a saved game.

You could probably, with a little poking around, update the drills in your save file rather than manually in game.

@gamerscircle If you have a backup of that 2016 persistence file you may be able to take a look inside and see how the drills are configured to help you edit your current persistence file. Always keep good backups when installing new major versions of KSP & mods. Weird stuff can crop up when using old saves with new versions.

What I like to do with some major revisions is start a new save and use HyperEdit to quickly replace crafts & bases that act funky.

1 hour ago, adgriff2 said:

@gamerscircle If you have a backup of that 2016 persistence file you may be able to take a look inside and see how the drills are configured to help you edit your current persistence file. Always keep good backups when installing new major versions of KSP & mods. Weird stuff can crop up when using old saves with new versions.

What I like to do with some major revisions is start a new save and use HyperEdit to quickly replace crafts & bases that act funky.

Okay.. that is an idea. , never did anything like that before.  Check for the ship name in both the 1.3.1 and the 1.4.3 and see where the seperators are and make the changes on the 1.4.3 file?

One question regarding Orbital Logistics: which are the parts that enable a ship to receive it? Let's say I have a base at the surface with all the stuff to produce transport credits, including a logistical module, and I want a refuel station in orbit. Does the station needs to include a Tundra or Duna logistics module or are there any other parts I can use for the station?

1 hour ago, juanml82 said:

One question regarding Orbital Logistics: which are the parts that enable a ship to receive it? Let's say I have a base at the surface with all the stuff to produce transport credits, including a logistical module, and I want a refuel station in orbit. Does the station needs to include a Tundra or Duna logistics module or are there any other parts I can use for the station?

@juanml82, one useful but less obvious place to look for the answer is the Logistics section of the Modules page of the MKS Wiki. The entry for "ModuleOrbitalLogistics" shows its used by the MKS Duna Logistics Center and MKS Tundra Pioneer + Logistics Module.

5 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

Okay.. that is an idea. , never did anything like that before.  Check for the ship name in both the 1.3.1 and the 1.4.3 and see where the seperators are and make the changes on the 1.4.3 file?

Yeah, you'll need to open the file in a text editor and get a feel for the structure of the file. Use something like notepad++ so you can collapse the bracketed sections and make browsing easier.