[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

15 hours ago, Kaa253 said:

First I am going to say that I don't really know the answer to your question! I have not yet got around to playing with realism overhaul.

However, if I was to give it a try I would go to the Github releases page from the OP and then grab the last version of MKS for your KSP version. For KSP 1.3.1 that looks like MKS v0.53.2.0 or else for KSP 1.3.0 I would try  MKS v0.52.2.0.

Good plan, thanks

14 hours ago, voicey99 said:

As far as I know, there are no mods in RO that conflict with MKS (unless you have Kerbalism) and it can be added just fine. It has support for TAC-LS as well.

Is TAC-LS part of the RO install? Do you think I could I leave out TAC-LS and use USI-LS, or does RO have mods with TAC-LS hard dependencies? Not that I really have a preference for USI-LS, just that they seem to go together.

Thanks

19 minutes ago, I likeOxidizerrfuel said:

How to properly install USI mods? I keep having this problem when copying the USI folder and when I go into the SPH/VAB and or scanning for resources I have the same name and category and it annoys me. 

Same way you install any mods.  Make sure if the zip file has a gamedata folder you copy the contents into gamedata.  IE you should never have  a situation with your gamedata folder looking like gamedata\gamedata

17 hours ago, strudo76 said:

Is TAC-LS part of the RO install? Do you think I could I leave out TAC-LS and use USI-LS, or does RO have mods with TAC-LS hard dependencies? Not that I really have a preference for USI-LS, just that they seem to go together.

TAC-LS is an optional RO mod, and it's recommended for use with RO since it's more realistic while not breaking things like Kerbalism. There's nothing stopping you from using USI-LS (which MKS is indeed designed to go with) though.

Does someone know where is located the efficiency code in a MKS install ? I may try to copy the code from a working 1.3.1 version to a 1.4.x one and then rework it for 1.4.x. It may not be as good as the RoverDude code but if it works it will be a good fix.

Cheers.

On 10/8/2018 at 1:30 PM, Blasty McBlastblast said:

Is there a way to disable the "disassemble part" right click option, or add a second "are you sure?!" step?

I've ruined several missions lately by accidentally disassembling critical parts :/

Delete the UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Patches/ScrapParts.cfg file to remove the option across all parts.

44 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

Are there any containers for ColonySupplies? As far as I can tell none of the parts that use ColonySupplies have storage space for them, which makes it rather difficult to store them.

MKS Ranger and Tundra inflatable storage module, MK-V supply readi-pac, all the Kontainers

29 minutes ago, Baladain said:

MKS Ranger and Tundra inflatable storage module, MK-V supply readi-pac, all the Kontainers

Ah, that makes sense.

Other question: The wiki claims that there's a resource called "Transport Credits" which can be produced in logistics modules. However, I've checked the cfg files for all of the logistics modules, and they have orbital logistics modules but no converters. As far as I can tell, there is no Transport Credits resource added. Is the wiki out of date, or have I missed it?

12 hours ago, RocketSquid said:

Ah, that makes sense.

Other question: The wiki claims that there's a resource called "Transport Credits" which can be produced in logistics modules. However, I've checked the cfg files for all of the logistics modules, and they have orbital logistics modules but no converters. As far as I can tell, there is no Transport Credits resource added. Is the wiki out of date, or have I missed it?

From what I understand, they are produced, stored and used in the logistics module.  Generally in a  just-in-time type approach as they are fast to make but take lots of resources.

9 minutes ago, Terwin said:

From what I understand, they are produced, stored and used in the logistics module.  Generally in a  just-in-time type approach as they are fast to make but take lots of resources.

Ah, okay. How much fuel per kilogram of cargo does it work out to? More expensive than flying rockets yourself?

So I realized I haven't actually asked a question in a long time, but suddenly I do.  I'm dusting off KSP and playing again and ran into a situation that I realized I wasn't sure the answer.  I will test it if nobody knows but I figured I would ask first.

Basically, will the academy work properly if a rescued Kerbal is used as a trainer?  I guess I've never been this lucky but I recently in my career playthrough rescued a 5 star pilot.  I thought great she will be a perfect trainer in my academy.  But IIRC the academy "trains" other Kerbals by passing along XP from things they had done, aside from flag planting.  So in the case of a rescued Kerbal she is 5 star Kerbal but her XP history is blank. So it seems she would not have any XP items to "pass" along to the trainees.

Hopefully this makes sense.  If nobody knows I'll test when I'm back home and post my results here if anyone is interested.

Ok so I went ahead and tested in career.  I took my rescued Level 5 pilot, and put an akademy on Minmus along with 3 newly hired level 0 pilots.  All got trained to level 5, which actually was better than expected, as I thought in the past on minmus the best I could get would be level 3.

Either way it looks like what I was wanting to test worked.

Anyone else having trouble with orbital logistics under linux? A recent system update (debian unstable) has apparently messed something up, and now trying to select orbital logistics gives me a blank grey window with a bit of garbled text in the upper left -- looks like multiple lines of text written over each other. Once this happens I have to close down ksp and restart, since there's no way to get rid of the window or access other kolonization interfaces. I'm running the latest mks (0.55.0.0) via ckan.