[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

10 minutes ago, erik84 said:

I know but unfortunately it only tells me that that file generates 2 errors this is a screen of the message https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2z17PNbvZXeX2tkZWozdm5keEU, I can not say anything else at the moment because the game does not start yet, I have problems with the new version of the mod Galileo Planet 

Linux KDE Plasma desktop. Nice, same here, so consequently, just a hunch. If you are attempting Galileo's pack with any thing less than 16 Gb RAM you are most likely running out of memory. Unless there is a "lite" version of GPP available now for Linux.

19 minutes ago, erik84 said:

I know but unfortunately it only tells me that that file generates 2 errors this is a screen of the message https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2z17PNbvZXeX2tkZWozdm5keEU, I can not say anything else at the moment because the game does not start yet, I have problems with the new version of the mod Galileo Planet 

MM writes the details of the errors into your log file. That file also contains lots of other useful information for anyone trying to debug your issue:

25 minutes ago, Kaa253 said:

Linux KDE Plasma desktop. Nice, same here, so consequently, just a hunch. If you are attempting Galileo's pack with any thing less than 16 Gb RAM you are most likely running out of memory. Unless there is a "lite" version of GPP available now for Linux.

If I have read I have 8GB of Ram and I have to fix the problem for the galileo because it started without problems, now I add the mod one at a time to see if there are any more... Then if you say that UKS conflicts with kebalism I will not put one of the 2, is that I did not understand if kerbalism has a management of food, water and dispersing for colonization ... or it is not that you can make a compatibility between both ? I'm repetitive, however, with version 1.2.2 I had both and worked excellently

1 hour ago, erik84 said:

If I have read I have 8GB of Ram and I have to fix the problem for the galileo because it started without problems, now I add the mod one at a time to see if there are any more... Then if you say that UKS conflicts with kebalism I will not put one of the 2, is that I did not understand if kerbalism has a management of food, water and dispersing for colonization ... or it is not that you can make a compatibility between both ? I'm repetitive, however, with version 1.2.2 I had both and worked excellently

Kerbalism breaks MKS mechanics.  Always had.  Will it load?  sure.  Will MKS actually work?  No.

Now do your steps in reverse...  add GPP last :wink:  And yeah... look at your log file on the link above.  

23 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Kerbalism breaks MKS mechanics.  Always had.  Will it load?  sure.  Will MKS actually work?  No.

Shouldn't this be in the OP given just how many people ask the same question and make the same tickets again and again?

32 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

Shouldn't this be in the OP given just how many people ask the same question and make the same tickets again and again?

I hope they will someday learn that the "search" button is there for a reason...

Edited by sh1pman

I am sorry I do not have a screen shot at the moment as I am at work... However I am having an issue on a minmus farming colony where all resources are being shared through the parts with the exception of water. There is a water container that on my colony hub that is being used by my recyclers but the Tundra Ag Support module trying to create water from hydrates states water full and the Tundra Ag module states missing water. I added a inflatable module with the mode Water Hyd and it began to fill with hyd and the same condition as before with water. This storage module was attached to a ranger anchor which was then connected to the rest of the colony via the inflatable tubes *not sure the name off the top of my head the ones that can light up.* I then attached an inflatable storage mod directly to the tundra module and the water began to flow. There seems to be some sort of blocker of water through either the inflatable tubes or the ranger anchors. Any advice or maybe something I am doing wrong would greatly appreciate!!!!

4 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

@Markus Barak - start by making sure warehousing is turned on

They are turned on. I also verified that crosslink was turned on via connections however flextubes did not have this option. Also other materials are flowing just not water. If I remember correctly there was a flow on option for the anchor hub but I do not recall one on the flextubes. I am debating not using flex tubes and looking for another option but its going to be more difficult. I also tried connecting the parts via the fuel connections with the same result.

Edited by Markus Barak

17 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

I hope they will someday learn the the "search" button is there for a reason...

Those are not the ones posting with these problems, and even if every other post started with 'kerbalism is not compatible with MKS,' there would still be some few who still post asking about it.

At best putting a note about 'Kerbalism changes core functionalities such that MKS will no longer work' on the first post will only reduce and not eliminate those asking about it.

It is just a question of at what point is the effort spent on keeping people from making those same mistakes better put to other purposes due to diminishing returns. 

3 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

I thought KAS had an option to turn flow on?

Yea, but for some reason water didn't obey that option. I solved it by placing another tiny water tank on the other side of a flex-o-tube and enabling the warehousing on both tanks.

1 minute ago, sh1pman said:

Yea, but for some reason water didn't obey that option. I solved it by placing another tiny water tank on the other side of a flex-o-tube and enabling the warehousing on both tanks.

So if I place say the supply pack on both sides for water and turn the warehouse on that should correct or at least mitigate my issue. Cannot wait to try that out this way I will not have to trash my entire colony.

8 minutes ago, Markus Barak said:

So if I place say the supply pack on both sides for water and turn the warehouse on that should correct or at least mitigate my issue. Cannot wait to try that out this way I will not have to trash my entire colony.

-Sir, our water pump is malfunctioning!
-Abandon the colony! Trash everything! Activate the emergency self-destruct!

15 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

-Sir, our water pump is malfunctioning!
-Abandon the colony! Trash everything! Activate the emergency self-destruct!

Hah yeah was more gonna redesign the thing with different connections than destroy it outright. However, I would like to know why flex tubes are having so much of an issue with all of this.

Hey @RoverDude, I know it's technically part of a different pack, but I cannot for the life of me get the PackRat Rover to assemble in the field since like 1.0 or something like that.  I'm running 1.3, which is why I'm posting this here instead of in the 1.2 thread.

Basically, you plunk down a base, then are supposed to attach the front section to the base part.  Each part used to be able to "Store" on the front section, and it was somewhat self-assembling, then you picked up the base node, and the rover was free.  Now, because of some unknown issue in 1.3, the Front section bugs into the base part, and none of the other parts can be attached to the front section.  I've tried direct attachment, using Clamp-O-Tron Jr. as a coupler to the base node, and just dropping the front section on the ground and attempting to attach parts that way... Nothing I do works, and the PackRat, although it is old, is still my favorite little rover in the game.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to have a solution and maybe even an update - maybe true self-assembly of the rover if you carry all the parts - for the PackRat.  I find it far more versatile and useful than the Akita - which I also like very much - but sometimes you just want to be able to assemble a rover in the field.

Edited by icanhazurhp

1 hour ago, icanhazurhp said:

Hey @RoverDude, I know it's technically part of a different pack, but I cannot for the life of me get the PackRat Rover to assemble in the field since like 1.0 or something like that.  I'm running 1.3, which is why I'm posting this here instead of in the 1.2 thread.

Basically, you plunk down a base, then are supposed to attach the front section to the base part.  Each part used to be able to "Store" on the front section, and it was somewhat self-assembling, then you picked up the base node, and the rover was free.  Now, because of some unknown issue in 1.3, the Front section bugs into the base part, and none of the other parts can be attached to the front section.  I've tried direct attachment, using Clamp-O-Tron Jr. as a coupler to the base node, and just dropping the front section on the ground and attempting to attach parts that way... Nothing I do works, and the PackRat, although it is old, is still my favorite little rover in the game.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to have a solution and maybe even an update - maybe true self-assembly of the rover if you carry all the parts - for the PackRat.  I find it far more versatile and useful than the Akita - which I also like very much - but sometimes you just want to be able to assemble a rover in the field.

It can still be done, but it is different than before KIS.  I made a video that is ok.  There is someone else who made a much better video but his was private and I lost the link.  Hope this helps

10 hours ago, sh1pman said:

I think I had the same issue with water not flowing through flex-o-tubes.

10 hours ago, RoverDude said:

I thought KAS had an option to turn flow on?

Possibly related: KAS pipes don't work if the "resource transfers obey crossfeed rules" difficulty option is turned on.  You can attach the pipe, but the game apparently doesn't consider it eligible for crossfeed.  Workaround is to temporarily turn that option off.

I have a base on Duna, which has 4 kerbals, and over 2 years of hab time remaining.  I have a pressurized rover, with a mk1 cockpit, a mk1 crew compartment, and a dedicated airlock part that seats 1.  I am trying to take this thing out with a pilot and a scientist, to collect science from a long ways away.  The moment the rover leaves the area of the base, the scientist instantly goes tourist on me.  If I'm reading the habitation docs right, she ought to have 14 days hab time on the rover (4 seats total, 2 on board).  But this is not the case.  Am I misreading the wiki here, or is this a genuine bug?

While still in the vicinity of the base but still in the rover, the rover reports that she has 2 years left.  This matches the hab time for the 2 other kerbals still inside the base.  Its like the game is treating the rover as part of the base itself instead of another vehicle, despite the two having separate list in the life support panel.

Actually, come to think of it, this did not happen when I had an engineer take the rover out a ways to salvage some stuff from an old landing site, and that was not that long ago (that happened over 40 days since first entry into the base).