[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

8 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

We've found serious weirdness with Kopernicus in the past on an upgraded install.  If you have that, delete your settings file and see if it fixes it.

No joy for me - I've never installed Kopernicus.  I have these:

000_AT_Utils
000_USITools
BonVoyage
Chatterer
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
CommunityTechTree
ConfigurableContainers
Diazo
EasyBoard
EasyVesselSwitch
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
Firespitter
GPOSpeedFuelPump
GroundConstruction
KAS
KerbalEngineer
KIS
KSP-AVC
KSPRescuePodFix
LightsOut
MechJeb2
NavyFish
PlanetaryDomes
PreciseManeuver
QuickMods
REPOSoftTech
SCANsat
scatterer
Squad
StockVisualEnhancements
SurfaceLights
TakeCommand
TextureReplacer
Trajectories
TriggerTech
TweakScale
UmbraSpaceIndustries
UnmannedBeforeManned
[x] Science!

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

We've found serious weirdness with Kopernicus in the past on an upgraded install.  If you have that, delete your settings file and see if it fixes it.

Do you mean the Kopernicus settings, the MKS settings, or my personal game options settings?

This is my first post so im sorry if im not clear enough or anything. so im trying to build a mun colony but the inflatable habitation and greenhouse parts dont have a deploy option outside the VAB but i can deploy in the VAB.

i currently am running mechjeb, KAS, KIS, MKS, TAC and one other base parts mod ill get the name of when i get back to my computer.

im hoping this is a problem someone else has had and i dont need to post pictuers. i dont have time to figure out how to post a pic with it but if i need to i will figure it out tomorrow so let me know if you need any other detail or pictures

2 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

Anyone got a Kerbalism patch?

Incompatible.  Kerbalism overrides the stock converters and drops some necessary functionality.  The patch is to remove Kerbalism.

3 hours ago, IonMage said:

Do you mean the Kopernicus settings, the MKS settings, or my personal game options settings?

Your game options settings.

That seems to have partially done the trick, for now.  Still a little chugging, but within the realm of what I can tolerate.  Thanks for the help.

Edit:  Instant-tourist bug still occurs, though.

Edited by IonMage

17 hours ago, garwel said:

b7z3dKv.jpg

Nothing special: besides the Salamander pod and the solar panels, a few DMagic's scientific instruments (all disabled), the Klaw, a fuel tank, an engine, a heat shield, chutes and an antenna.

From the other side and with MKS dashboard:

H0rbmys.jpg

That ship looks fine, though your EC generation is marginal.

However: I notice from your list of resources you have 'ReservePower' - I can't recall off the top of my head which mod that is (it's not one I use), but I know that's a modded in resource related to EC management.  Could it be siphoning off EC when you get to 95% full, in order to fill the reserve batteries?

36 minutes ago, DStaal said:

However: I notice from your list of resources you have 'ReservePower' - I can't recall off the top of my head which mod that is (it's not one I use), but I know that's a modded in resource related to EC management.  Could it be siphoning off EC when you get to 95% full, in order to fill the reserve batteries?

Isn't that mod AmpYear?

5 hours ago, Hipponugz said:

This is my first post so im sorry if im not clear enough or anything. so im trying to build a mun colony but the inflatable habitation and greenhouse parts dont have a deploy option outside the VAB but i can deploy in the VAB.

i currently am running mechjeb, KAS, KIS, MKS, TAC and one other base parts mod ill get the name of when i get back to my computer.

im hoping this is a problem someone else has had and i dont need to post pictuers. i dont have time to figure out how to post a pic with it but if i need to i will figure it out tomorrow so let me know if you need any other detail or pictures

Deploy on Eva, and you need MaterialKits.

1 hour ago, DStaal said:

ReservePower is a resource from AmpYear. Indeed, it can be the cause of this. I'll try tinkering with its settings and see.

3 hours ago, garwel said:

ReservePower is a resource from AmpYear. Indeed, it can be the cause of this. I'll try tinkering with its settings and see.

I might also not be, because I don't see RP filling in the 2nd SS.

4 hours ago, garwel said:

Looks like it was really AmpYear's fault. The ReservePower storage didn't fill up because I'd disabled it, but EC generation stopped. Sorry for bothering!

17 minutes ago, larkvi said:

Does this mean that the Regolith Sifter is useless if we are not using ART?

Regolith sifter gives you resources, based on planetary averages. Rock is just a byproduct.

Edited by sh1pman

Hey all, I'm having a bit of a weird problem(?) that I'm hoping can be worked out. I'm not sure if it's something I did, a mod conflict, or some kind of weird bug (possibly the thing mentioned above with Kopernicus, though I'm not sure where/how/what effect deleting the game option settings would have)...

Basically for some reason Minmus has 100% in Geology, Botany, and Kolonization in the Kolonization Dashboard. While this doesn't seem bad, the issue is that I've really done nothing that should contribute to this. In fact, due to how close it is, The Mun is further ahead in things like Resource/SCANSat scans and crewed landings (I've only landed on Minmus once). However The Mun isn't listed at all in my Kolonization Dashboard. The only thing different about Minmus is I have a contract from the Bases and Station contract pack to scan for a base location on Minmus and I've already looked at potential sites with the resource overlay and used Waypoint Manager to mark one.

At the end of the day a headstart like that may not be the worse thing for learning the ropes and production chains, but it still feels like I should fix it somehow and prevent it from happening again.

2 hours ago, Cynor said:

Hey all, I'm having a bit of a weird problem(?) that I'm hoping can be worked out. I'm not sure if it's something I did, a mod conflict, or some kind of weird bug (possibly the thing mentioned above with Kopernicus, though I'm not sure where/how/what effect deleting the game option settings would have)...

Basically for some reason Minmus has 100% in Geology, Botany, and Kolonization in the Kolonization Dashboard. While this doesn't seem bad, the issue is that I've really done nothing that should contribute to this. In fact, due to how close it is, The Mun is further ahead in things like Resource/SCANSat scans and crewed landings (I've only landed on Minmus once). However The Mun isn't listed at all in my Kolonization Dashboard. The only thing different about Minmus is I have a contract from the Bases and Station contract pack to scan for a base location on Minmus and I've already looked at potential sites with the resource overlay and used Waypoint Manager to mark one.

At the end of the day a headstart like that may not be the worse thing for learning the ropes and production chains, but it still feels like I should fix it somehow and prevent it from happening again.

.All bodies start at 100% by default, since USI parts use them as a multiplier-check this wikipage. I do believe the bonuses will only be gained by having a kerbal in an MKS part (all kolony parts and the Salamander). If you've landed on the Mun with vanilla or other mod parts but gone into Minmus' SOI in a crewed MKS module, that would explain it.

16 hours ago, sh1pman said:

Regolith sifter gives you resources, based on planetary averages. Rock is just a byproduct.

I was testing it on the runway, and all I seemed to be generating was the amount of recyclables directly corresponding to the amount of machinery used, and lots of rocks. This was with abundant dirt and a large crusher attached, as well as storage for a variety of resources. What should I be looking for? Is the runway too low in resources to test? (I thought it was normally fine for figuring out if things work.)

Just now, larkvi said:

I was testing it on the runway, and all I seemed to be generating was the amount of recyclables directly corresponding to the amount of machinery used, and lots of rocks. This was with abundant dirt and a large crusher attached, as well as storage for a variety of resources. What should I be looking for? Is the runway too low in resources to test? (I thought it was normally fine for figuring out if things work.)

Doesn't matter where you use it: the amount of resources you get is determined by their planetary averages. Make sure you have storage for the resources that are present on Kerbin. It's also fairly slow, so having a skilled engineer nearby will help a lot.