[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

17 minutes ago, BRAAAP_STUTUTU said:

hte main ship doesnt have a water tank but i have one attached with a flex o tube and another with the claw

There's an issue where water in particular doesn't flow through flex-o-tubes - it's a bug.  Not sure who's responsibility it is.  I also know the flex-o-tube (and the KAS pipe it's based on) has a bad habit of occasionally breaking on scene load.  It wouldn't surprise me if the claw occasionally does the same.

I'd recommend bringing in a dock and attaching it (the dock) via KIS, and then docking the tanks, assuming you can't just attach the tanks via KIS.

2 minutes ago, DStaal said:

There's an issue where water in particular doesn't flow through flex-o-tubes - it's a bug.  Not sure who's responsibility it is.  I also know the flex-o-tube (and the KAS pipe it's based on) has a bad habit of occasionally breaking on scene load.  It wouldn't surprise me if the claw occasionally does the same.

I'd recommend bringing in a dock and attaching it (the dock) via KIS, and then docking the tanks, assuming you can't just attach the tanks via KIS.

I did say that originally. The klaw should work, since water's flow mode is ALL_VESSEL, meaning it ignores crossfeed rules.

10 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

I did say that originally. The klaw should work, since water's flow mode is ALL_VESSEL, meaning it ignores crossfeed rules.

True - I just wanted to re-emphasize that part if they'd missed it.  The only reason I can think of the klaw not working would be because of how KSP models it - I know it's a special case, and I don't know if that case is re-attached on physics load or if it's considered already attached.  Either way it would work fine most of the time, but it's possible it could 'break' if you leave the area and come back, depending on how KSP handles it.

2 hours ago, DStaal said:

what do you mean by a dock exactly?

9 hours ago, nedreow said:

Is there a way to access the planetary warehouse from orbit, so that a surface base can supply a orbital shipyard?

Not currently.  You have to load up a ship on the surface and launch it to the station to resupply.  As far as I know there are plans in the works for automated orbital resupply of some sort but I haven't heard much about it recently.

19 minutes ago, Nergal8617 said:

As far as I know there are plans in the works for automated orbital resupply of some sort but I haven't heard much about it recently.

It's a WIP, and by the sounds of it it'll be released soonTM. Keep your eye on the Constellation for the upcoming pre-rel.

On 02/12/2017 at 12:25 AM, RoverDude said:

Yep - I have some things to do, and @DoktorKrogg  has the updated Orbital Logistics code to check in, then there will be a constellation pre-release

Does this mean OL will be returning in the next update?

48 minutes ago, Nergal8617 said:

Not currently.  You have to load up a ship on the surface and launch it to the station to resupply.  As far as I know there are plans in the works for automated orbital resupply of some sort but I haven't heard much about it recently.

If you really want something right now, Pathfinder has railguns that can shoot resources to orbit.  (Or from orbit-to-orbit, or surface-to-surface.  *Not* from orbit-to-surface.)

1 hour ago, voicey99 said:

It's a WIP, and by the sounds of it it'll be released soonTM. Keep your eye on the Constellation for the upcoming pre-rel.

Does this mean OL will be returning in the next update?

Yep!  Just finished a couple of bug fixes

2 hours ago, Nergal8617 said:

This is probably a good thing; I can totally see Jeb blasting a surface base from orbit.  I'm not sure I'd want kerbals playing with railguns at all :)

Both Orbit to Surface and Surface to Orbit are supported in MKS, expect a pre-release of the constellation tomorrow.

(Also probably better to keep the discussion to this mod to avoid confusion).

Edited by RoverDude

Constellation Pre-Release is up.  

This is a pre-release, and includes a large number of bug fixes for USI-LS, MKS, etc., as well as the new warp drive update, orbital logistics, and other goodness.  New models are not included but will be ready for the final date.  Tossing this out so folks can have a chance to kick the tires, and let us know if we managed to break anything else while making this :)

Some highlights..

• USI-LS containers now support USI warehouse logistics
  • Various Optimizations around swappable converters
  • Fixed an issue where habitation time would have unpredictable effects when entering/leaving shared life support range
  • Added antennas to the Karibou (Thanks Voicey99!)
  • Fixed the fuel cell water output patch (Thanks Wyzard256!)
  • Updated Kolonization Monitor to reflect crew count with booster traits (Thanks jd284!)
  • Normalized Tundra decal orientation (Thanks Doktorjet!)
  • Increased drill cost to balance with stock drills (Thanks Wyzard256!)
  • Added LH2 boiloff for Karibou tanks if CryoTanks is installed (Thanks Wyzard256!)
  • Removed duplicate resource from the Karibou short wheelbay (Thanks wile1411!)
  • Fixed the Habitation capability of the Karibou Crew Cab (Thanks voicey99!)
  • Orbital Logistics are back!
    • Both Tundra and Duna Logistics Modules can now initiate transfers.  
    • Both sending and receiving vessels require a logistics module to be present.
  • Major Changes to the Warp Drive thanks to Helaeon  (see the Warp Drive Updated changelog for details)
  • CryoTanks compatibility for better interop and consistency (Thanks Wyzard256!)
  • Multiple kontainer amount/cost fixes (Thanks Wyzard256!)
  • The Akita Cab now has ground tethering (Thanks sh1pman!)
  • Fixed a bug that caused inconsistencies in habitation bonus as vessels would enter or leave shared life support range of other vessels.

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

Constellation Pre-Release is up.  

This is a pre-release, and includes a large number of bug fixes for USI-LS, MKS, etc., as well as the new warp drive update, orbital logistics, and other goodness.  New models are not included but will be ready for the final date.  Tossing this out so folks can have a chance to kick the tires, and let us know if we managed to break anything else while making this :)

Some highlights..

• USI-LS containers now support USI warehouse logistics
  • Various Optimizations around swappable converters
  • Fixed an issue where habitation time would have unpredictable effects when entering/leaving shared life support range
  • Added antennas to the Karibou (Thanks Voicey99!)
  • Fixed the fuel cell water output patch (Thanks Wyzard256!)
  • Updated Kolonization Monitor to reflect crew count with booster traits (Thanks jd284!)
  • Normalized Tundra decal orientation (Thanks Doktorjet!)
  • Increased drill cost to balance with stock drills (Thanks Wyzard256!)
  • Added LH2 boiloff for Karibou tanks if CryoTanks is installed (Thanks Wyzard256!)
  • Removed duplicate resource from the Karibou short wheelbay (Thanks wile1411!)
  • Fixed the Habitation capability of the Karibou Crew Cab (Thanks voicey99!)
  • Orbital Logistics are back!
    • Both Tundra and Duna Logistics Modules can now initiate transfers.  
    • Both sending and receiving vessels require a logistics module to be present.
  • Major Changes to the Warp Drive thanks to Helaeon  (see the Warp Drive Updated changelog for details)
  • CryoTanks compatibility for better interop and consistency (Thanks Wyzard256!)
  • Multiple kontainer amount/cost fixes (Thanks Wyzard256!)
  • The Akita Cab now has ground tethering (Thanks sh1pman!)
  • Fixed a bug that caused inconsistencies in habitation bonus as vessels would enter or leave shared life support range of other vessels.

Is the pre-release publically avialble anywhere?

Edited by BRAAAP_STUTUTU

5 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Also the usual caveats.  If you use a pre-release, you are going to have to do manual updates when the final version comes out.  Also... this is a pre-release.  Report issues, and (more importantly) confirm nothing broke :D

Have never used CKAN anyway, installing mods on ksp is super easy to do manually anyway.

who knows, maybe the PR fixed the water issue that still confuses the heck out of me?

2 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Given the water issue is a KAS/KIS issue... probably not :wink:

i'm not sure tbh, my water tank attached with the claw seemed to fix my flex-o tube attached water tank for a while but the claws water tank wasnt being picked up by MKS modules (water could be transferred between the two tanks though, but that probably broke the FOT attached one in the process) , its weird anyhow...

14 minutes ago, techgamer16 said:

Is the Ground Construction mod part of MKS, if so is there any way to tell which way a vessel will be facing when it's deployed, as my base parts keep ending up the wrong way round. Thanks.

Ground Construction is its own mod (it's bundled with MKS with some minor integration changes) and has its own thread, where the people might know more. I believe DIYKits have arrows pertaining to orientation.

Edited by voicey99