[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

I THINK it's Kolony Rating and Pilot skill, so the difference is probably in the Kolony Rating. Basically, as time goes on, if my assumptions are correct, a single Kolonization Module can support more Kerbals, up to a hard limit of 375 Kerbals.

Having said that, I suspect that each iteration extends a Kerbal's LS timers by 1 month, so it's more accurate to say that each of your current Kolonization modules can grant 30 Kerbal-Months extension to the timers (though extending the timer's not quite accurate- it's more like it reduces the amount of time already used (to give an example, if you had 6 months habitation and have used 5, it can make it that you have used 0 out of 6 Hab time- and presumably Home time- but it can't make it that you have used 0 out of 7- that would require adding Hab modules.) so if you did maximise Kerbal numbers, then the module could only grant an extra month at a time.

As for why the ColonySupplies are consumed, since I assume each Kerbal is getting a longer extension to their timers than they otherwise would and ColonySupplies are mostly Organics, I suspect it's mostly that the Kerbals are getting greedy and coming back for more. As for it keeping your Kerbals happy even if you don't always have CS, presumably provided it had enough per month for each Kerbal to get at least a month's extension, but I'd keep a save from before any test of that just in case.

I wasn't offended, by the way- it wasn't an unreasonable assumption you made. I was just clarifying in case you were offended.

I am having a hard time replicating this.

I made a simple ship that only had CS storage, 2x 3.75m kolonization modules, 1.25m reactor and ranger thermal control pack.

Then I hyperedited it to mun and started everything up. Both kolonization modules had 100% load and used 3CS/h.

I tried with different amounts and different occupations of kerbals on board (including the exact same kerbals I had in my real munbase. No effect whatsoever. Still 100% load for both modules.

So I figured that it has to be some efficiency part. So I added one for each smelter/crusher/workshop/greenhouse and started them 1 by 1. Still nothing. 100% load for both modules.

I'm out of ideas here...

@RoverDude do you know what is going on? A bug or a mechanic we dont understand...

Edit: new observation. If I take on kerbal away from my munbase the load jumps from 516% to 620% for both modules. But if I take additional kerbals away it doesnt have any effect on the load.

I am starting to think this is bugged/not working as intended since I can not make any sense out of this...

I think I'll try if I can get governor to do itsthing with the tweak suggested earlier...

Edit2: nope. Governor slider is still completely useless. And tests shiw that it actually uses more CS/h while supporting 4 kerbals than while supporting 5 kerbals...

Edit3: and when I add more kerbals it uses less CS/h :D guess I'll just ship in more kerbals then :DD

But yeah @RoverDude there is definitely a bug there...

Edited by tseitsei89

I am having problems with the DIY Kit Container. It will not load the ship from the list. I click on "select vessel" from right click menu select a ship and press load but the select ship box just sits there. The "Load" button reacts as in it goes down and up but that's all that happens. I also can't change the loaded ship in kit containers I have saved in the VAB/Hanger previously but if I launch a ship with an old container I have loaded from the VAB when it gets deployed it works OK and the workshop can build it and "poof" it in to a functional ship. I just cant design any new ones.  I thought it might be something to do with the Extraplanetary  launchpads mod I also have since the survey stakes have stopped working also  in that mod (you can bang them in the ground but they don't show up in the launchpad selector as a pad to build on) The new "compass" build onto an existing ship thingys work fine. I decided to delete the game data folder delete the game and reinstall though steam then only add USI Kolonization,USI life support,Konstruction,Fright transport technology's,Malemute rover,USI exploration pack,Karbonite,Asteroid recycling technology's,Sounding rockets,Alcubierre warp drive,USI core,USI tools,Community category kit and Community resource pack. Only the Rover Dude set in other words and I did NOT add the Extraplanetary Launchpads mod. Or any other mods at the moment. But after all that I still cant load a ship in the DIY Kit Container. Has this happened to anyone else? Anyone got any ideas to fix it?

KSP 1.4.2.2110 MKS 0.55.0.0 USITools 0.12.0.0

Update...Fixed it I think.....Ground construction mod was out of date.Used ckan to install it so that might be the culprit or I am just an idiot anyway seems OK at the moment.

Edited by Choc113
update

21 hours ago, tseitsei89 said:

I am having a hard time replicating this.

I made a simple ship that only had CS storage, 2x 3.75m kolonization modules, 1.25m reactor and ranger thermal control pack.

Then I hyperedited it to mun and started everything up. Both kolonization modules had 100% load and used 3CS/h.

I tried with different amounts and different occupations of kerbals on board (including the exact same kerbals I had in my real munbase. No effect whatsoever. Still 100% load for both modules.

So I figured that it has to be some efficiency part. So I added one for each smelter/crusher/workshop/greenhouse and started them 1 by 1. Still nothing. 100% load for both modules.

I'm out of ideas here...

@RoverDude do you know what is going on? A bug or a mechanic we dont understand...

Edit: new observation. If I take on kerbal away from my munbase the load jumps from 516% to 620% for both modules. But if I take additional kerbals away it doesnt have any effect on the load.

I am starting to think this is bugged/not working as intended since I can not make any sense out of this...

I think I'll try if I can get governor to do itsthing with the tweak suggested earlier...

Edit2: nope. Governor slider is still completely useless. And tests shiw that it actually uses more CS/h while supporting 4 kerbals than while supporting 5 kerbals...

Edit3: and when I add more kerbals it uses less CS/h :D guess I'll just ship in more kerbals then :DD

But yeah @RoverDude there is definitely a bug there...

I'll try to do the same this weekend.

My vessel is part of a larger Hab base ( I call it my hotel). It's got recyclers, hab modules, inflatables, SSPRx pieces, etc. to allow for indefinite stay for as many as 7 kerbals. I had a version of this in a previous KSP version and reused the craft file. I can try to create from scratch as you did to see if it happens.

5 hours ago, Kaa253 said:

Sorry to re-post but is nobody seeing this on the Ranger Habitation Module?
It doesn't seem like intended behaviour to me.
Have I made a faulty install somehow?

BKRfiGa.png

Yeah I have noticed this but it doesnt bother me that much since I can just ignore it and keep using the part normally :) but yeah it is an issue. Not as annoying as the issue with kolonization modules above

Hi,

How can I make a part a Logistics Consumer?

I am trying to inflate an SSPXr habition ring. I only have a 4500 tank of MK and it meeds 4800. It does not scavenge like the MKS inflatables, and I think it's because the SSPRx part is not a Logistics Consumer. I looked through the MKS configs and I did not see anything that was an obvious choice to add.

Thanks

10 hours ago, Gilph said:

Hi,

How can I make a part a Logistics Consumer?

I am trying to inflate an SSPXr habition ring. I only have a 4500 tank of MK and it meeds 4800. It does not scavenge like the MKS inflatables, and I think it's because the SSPRx part is not a Logistics Consumer. I looked through the MKS configs and I did not see anything that was an obvious choice to add.

Thanks

What are you trying to do here? You can pay inflation costs incrementally, and iirc it was changed a few versions back so they can pull from non-MKS containers. I don't think the consumer module is relevant.

Actually, if you look at the SSPRx configs, they don't actually have a KerbalSeat or a ModuleCommand module, so they don't get Consumers added automatically. That's why most modules dont' need LogisticsComsumers added via a dedicated patch- they're usually added automatically. However, with SSPRx hab rings, they don't actually have the modules said patch looks for, so they can't scavenge.

2 hours ago, voicey99 said:

What are you trying to do here? You can pay inflation costs incrementally, and iirc it was changed a few versions back so they can pull from non-MKS containers. I don't think the consumer module is relevant.

The issue is: the SSPXr Coriolis hab ring could not inflate, said I needed 4800 MK to inflate. I have a USI tank with space for 4500 and it was about half full. There are a few tanks nearby with a lot of MK. I am able to inflate the MKS 4.25 hab inflatable on the same vessel because it scavenged the 8000 MK needed from the nearby tanks, but the SSPXr inflatable did not. I would like to add something to the SSPXr config file for MKS to allow the same behavior that the MKS inflatables have, to allow for scavenging to take MK from tanks in range.

2 hours ago, sstabeler said:

Actually, if you look at the SSPRx configs, they don't actually have a KerbalSeat or a ModuleCommand module, so they don't get Consumers added automatically. That's why most modules dont' need LogisticsComsumers added via a dedicated patch- they're usually added automatically. However, with SSPRx hab rings, they don't actually have the modules said patch looks for, so they can't scavenge.

Are these modules my only two choices? I'm not certain that if I add those modules that they would cause issues, as SSPXr already seems to have those functions defined in their own code.  I can test it out. If there was another way to add Consumers directly, that may be cleaner.

Thanks to both of you.

the Consumers are from a ModuleLogisticsConsumer module, so if you edit the part file to add one it should work. However, even cleaner would probably be modifying the AddConsumers file to add coinsumers if the part has a ModuleDeployableHabitat or ModuleDeployableCentrifuge, since then all of SSPRx's expandable ones would have it then.

I'm using MKS 0.55 with at utils 1.5 and usi tools 0.12 in KSP 1.4.2

There is no life support/habitation button in the toolbar, only the kolonization dashboard (which also appears in the KSC and VAB/SPH instead of the life support button). The configuration button at the KSC is missing as well.

17 minutes ago, juanml82 said:

I'm using MKS 0.55 with at utils 1.5 and usi tools 0.12 in KSP 1.4.2

There is no life support/habitation button in the toolbar, only the kolonization dashboard (which also appears in the KSC and VAB/SPH instead of the life support button). The configuration button at the KSC is missing as well.

Have you installed USI-LS?

USI-LS and USI-MKS are thoroughly integrated, but they are still distinct mods and unless you install the entire USI collection(I forget the name for this), you will need to install both MKS and LS if you want MKS bases to have life support and habitation functionalities.

2 hours ago, Terwin said:

Have you installed USI-LS?

USI-LS and USI-MKS are thoroughly integrated, but they are still distinct mods and unless you install the entire USI collection(I forget the name for this), you will need to install both MKS and LS if you want MKS bases to have life support and habitation functionalities.

I'm an idiot. I had MKS and LS installed in 1.3.1, then I've updated, downloaded MKS and never bothered with LS, thinking it was all in one pack. I guess I had deleted the USI folder before updating MKS. I've just downloaded USI-LS and is now working

MKS 0.50.18 indicate that the MPS processing rates for fuel were increased, however the configs don't appear to have actually changed. MPS still processes ore > LFO at a 5:1 ratio, not 1:2. Am I misunderstanding the patch notes or did a change that was intended to be made never actually made?

1 hour ago, tseitsei89 said:

That didnt help. But apparently it just didnt like being connected with those kis/kas pipes. When I changed one of the storage units directly connected to the logistics module to store LF+OX it started working

You have to set flow on pipes.