[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

21 hours ago, Sassenach said:

Got a bit of an odd problem in that I have a base which has landed nearby (<150m) two vessels with the 4500 unit cylindrical containers filled with machinery.  The base itself has 2000 machinery in one of the modules. Having my single engineer go outside and perform maintenance on a module causes the 2000 machinery belonging to the base to shuffle to the appropriate module, but it takes it from other base modules rather than the landed containers nearby. I've had a few searches to see if their is some common error I am missing. I could directly attach the landers using KAS, but I'd prefer not to have to.

Here's a picture, if that helps elucidate my description:

<schnip>

The machinery is in the two identical landers with solar panels. The large structure in the foreground is where I want it to go. One's in front of the vessel with ISMs in the top right, so it's hard to see. Apologies if I'm being dense.

The recent integration of Ground Construction with MKS completely borked the maintenance and bay switch mechanics. The latest USITools fixes maintenance and bay switching, but not the resultant nullrefs (not sure about machinery being drawn from other parts, that's not supposed to happen).

Edited by voicey99

Since CC is now bundled with MKS, I think it's ok if I post this here. Basically, CC breaks all stock fuel tanks, so that they can't hold anything. In VAB they are empty, and cannot be filled with LF/O or anything else. When I deleted the CC folder, everything went back to normal. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I'm using the latest version of MKS.

Just now, RoverDude said:

CC is being removed as a hard dependency, along with a lot of the overrides from GC itself (basically with MKS you will just get the DIYKit, with the workshop capability limited to specific modules).

So I can safely remove CC, and nothing will break? 

6 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

CC is being removed as a hard dependency, along with a lot of the overrides from GC itself (basically with MKS you will just get the DIYKit, with the workshop capability limited to specific modules).

Your new avatar threw me off. I was confused as to who was speaking with such authority on matters that really only you should. Until I realized you were you.

Anyway, has there been any sort of road map mentioned with regard to USI/MKS and GC integration? Or is it still very much a WIP with no real firm plan?

I've caught bits and pieces of it since its recent integration, such as GC being about 90% of what you intended to do anyway, possibly creating your own (USI) workshops and limiting specific modules etc. I checked the dev thread and didn't see anything like a road map.

Just curious.

Cheers,

You covered most of it :wink:

The short term plan is that I am working with @allista on the integration points (the latest cut that goes out tonight removes some parts, configs, and CC for example - but I believe Allista still has to handle the CKAN side).

We're also discussing off-world DIYKit creation as the next step.  It's still a WIP, but making progress :)

1 minute ago, RoverDude said:

You covered most of it :wink:

The short term plan is that I am working with @allista on the integration points (the latest cut that goes out tonight removes some parts, configs, and CC for example - but I believe Allista still has to handle the CKAN side).

We're also discussing off-world DIYKit creation as the next step.  It's still a WIP, but making progress :)

No worries. As busy as you probably are and how quickly this thread moves, I wouldn't have been surprised if I had missed it. No doubt having to answer the same questions over and over slows down progress, so I just wanted to see if it had been covered previously as opposed to you having to re explain it. Again..

I thought i understood scavenging logistics, but It doesn't seem to be working as I thought. I have a large Kontainer full of material kits with local and planetary warehouse turned on.

Spoiler

fvrwisP.jpg

Next to that, I have a GC workshop without any material kits but it is manned and has the 'logistics consumer' module.

Spoiler

7C74ab0.jpg

I thought when a manned logistics consumer was within 150m of a full logistics warehouse that stuff (other than machinery and EC) would transfer from the warehouse to the consumer. That doesn't seem to be happening. Is my assumption wrong or is this not working correctly?

1.2.2 on Windows 7. My agri and hab inflatable modules won't deploy/inflate. Says they require a certain number of material kits (like a thousand). That can't be right. Running latest releases.

MKS 'Ranger' Inflatable Storage Module - deployed without issue

MKS 'Ranger' Agriculture module - no deploy option in right-click menu, EVA kerbalnaut tries to deploy and gets "Missing resources to assemble module: 1000 Material Kits

MKS 'Ranger' Habitation module - no deploy option in right-click menu, EVA kerbalnaut tries to deploy and gets "Missing resources to assemble module: 8000 Material Kits

Nothing is showing up in the KSP.log when I try to do deploy, I just have this line spamming:

[LOG 01:18:10.030] IN: edited EnrichedUranium ratio to 1.08599998327463E-07

Maybe one of my fission reactions isn't set properly but I have 12 of the small ones at the base...I'll have to check them:

Edited by Starfire70

4 minutes ago, Starfire70 said:

1.2.2 on Windows 7. My agri and hab inflatable modules won't deploy/inflate. Says they require a certain number of material kits (like a thousand). That can't be right. Running latest releases.

MKS 'Ranger' Inflatable Storage Module - deployed without issue

MKS 'Ranger' Agriculture module - no deploy option in right-click menu, EVA kerbalnaut tries to deploy and gets "Missing resources to assemble module: 1000 Material Kits

MKS 'Ranger' Habitation module - no deploy option in right-click menu, EVA kerbalnaut tries to deploy and gets "Missing resources to assemble module: 8000 Material Kits

Nothing is showing up in the KSP.log when I try to do deploy, I just have this line spamming:

[LOG 01:18:10.030] IN: edited EnrichedUranium ratio to 1.08599998327463E-07

Maybe one of my fission reactions isn't set properly but I have 12 of the small ones at the base...I'll have to check them:

The storage modules can inflate without any cost, but the other stuff require material kits and sometimes specialized parts

3 minutes ago, adgriff2 said:

The storage modules can inflate without any cost, but the other stuff require material kits and sometimes specialized parts

Ah, that's new. It's been a while since I've used Kolonization. Thanks. Time for a cargo run.

Edited by Starfire70

Anyone else not able to reconfig the drills since the last release?

The menu is there, but it doesn't change my substrate drill to a water drill (or any other to any other)

Heaps of Matkits and Spec parts, but no error, or any yellow text at all. This is the in the field reconfig obviously, the in hanger one works just fine.

Edit: Yeah the new USI tools fixed everything, thanks forums!

Edited by Admac

On 2/9/2017 at 5:44 PM, DStaal said:

Working as intended.  If Machinery auto-pushed, bad things would happen as converters/etc. suddenly wouldn't work correctly.

How can I force push machinery? I tried putting it in its ISM with planetary logistics then disable the tank.  Normally that pushes the contents into the planet but it isn't working.  Also happens with supplies and fertilizer?

1 hour ago, Liquid5n0w said:

How can I force push machinery? I tried putting it in its ISM with planetary logistics then disable the tank.  Normally that pushes the contents into the planet but it isn't working.  Also happens with supplies and fertilizer?

I have seen the 'disabling flow does not push to planetary storage' on occasion as well, but it is generally something that I do not currently have in PS, so my suspicion is that the 'disable flow push' only works if the resource is already present in planetary storage.  (and from reading this thread, Machinery may not work at all, currently.)

44 minutes ago, Terwin said:

I have seen the 'disabling flow does not push to planetary storage' on occasion as well, but it is generally something that I do not currently have in PS, so my suspicion is that the 'disable flow push' only works if the resource is already present in planetary storage.  (and from reading this thread, Machinery may not work at all, currently.)

Well I did accidentally put some things into planetary storage on Gael (the home planet in the GPP pack), including machinery.  So it must be possible to get machinery into the planet somehow...