[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

1 minute ago, ss8913 said:

starting today, I'm seeing an error starting CKAN/updating CKAN that says, "Skipping installation of UKS due to relationship error" - I've never seen this before... is this a problem with MKS/UKS metadata or is this something I should ask about on the CKAN thread?

I'm getting the same, probably nothing but wouldn't harm asking over there.

I've been seeing the same thing. My theory is Roverdude may have updated the CKAN data to look for ground construction core instead of ground construction now, in preparation for the new version of MKS likely coming tomorrow. But, the new ground construction version with the separate core option isn't on CKAN yet.

Post in CKAN.  I just now looked at CKAN on my comp, and MKS is nowhere to be seen for 1.2+.  Seems CKAN has gotten amnesia.

EDIT: oops, didn't know there was already a response.

Edited by Murdabenne
That will teach me to refresh the thread befor posting

3 hours ago, ss8913 said:

starting today, I'm seeing an error starting CKAN/updating CKAN that says, "Skipping installation of UKS due to relationship error" - I've never seen this before... is this a problem with MKS/UKS metadata or is this something I should ask about on the CKAN thread?

Yeah, this is because @allista divided "ConfigurableContainers" into "ConfigurableContainers and "ConfigurableContainers-Core".
If I see this correct, @RoverDude needs to update the MKS netkan for this change. Hope he gets to this soon. Maybe someone can assist with a pull request for him.

I uninstalled both mods, to reinstall them clean, but now I am stuck, cause MKS (atm still) wants CC, which now conflicts with Interstellar Fuel Switch, which is needed for Interstellar in my case. So I can not reinstall atm. So don't make the same error like me. :)

57 minutes ago, Jebs_SY said:

If I see this correct, @RoverDude needs to update the MKS netkan for this change. Hope he gets to this soon. Maybe someone can assist with a pull request for him.

No, he doesn't. MKS doesn't directly depend on  ConfigurableContainers (or -core), but instead dependED on Ground Construction (which pulled in ConfigurableContainers). However, two things happened in the meantime: GroundConstruction doesn't have a dependency on ConfigurableContainers anymore (instead ConfigurableContainers -core), and also RoverDude changed MKS to depend on GroundConstruction-core instead of GroundConstruction.

So just sitting and waiting for the next MKS release (and then maybe uninstalling and reinstalling) should fix most of the CKAN troubles.

Edited by Kobymaru

Hi everyone. 

This is the first time for me to add a question to the thread.  So I hope I'm doing it in the right place.

I've got some issues that I can't find answers to. 

1st: I've just started mining while using mks. I found these resources lodes so I just went down to find out more. I found a big rock that was bobbing up and down.  I think I'm supposed to mine the rock itself but it keeps blowing up when i get close. And boom, no more rock. I'm guessing that is not supposed to happen. 

What's going on here?

I allsow lost Bill. YES, I know! Just Terrible!

Anyway, he is right there with the rest but he has become a permanent tourist. I've taken him no several trips but i can't seem to gat him back to work? And here I thought I  was beeing a good boss.

Any ideas anyone? 

While I'm here:

I F#*@$G LOVE THIS GAME! 

So a big thank you to all of you for making it and adding to it with all those great mods!

Gr Max

Nothing precludes the use of EL, but I would not recommend removing GC since it's as much a part of MKS now as Firespitter and CRP, and going forward, more of the mechanics will assume that it is installed.  Note that I only use GC-Core, not the full mod, now that this has been released.

27 minutes ago, ZachariahJG said:

Can I still use this mod with Extraplanatary launch pads and remove the Ground construction mod?

1. Yes.
  2. Currently yes, but that's expected to change - it's a dependency moving forward, but hasn't been integrated enough to actually cause problems if removed yet.

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

Correct, I only depend on GroundConstruction-Core not the full GroundConstruction package.
And FYI - it is ok to manually install things if you need to :wink:  

Ah, thx for pointing that out. :) So MKS is invisible at the moment cause GroundConstruction-Core is not yet in the system.

Yes, I will install it manually. No problem for me. I just think about other people, who have a hard time _correctly_ extracting the ZIPs. I know it's not hard, if you know what you do, but I have the feeling, still much people have problems with that. For these cases I think an automatic way is the more safe way for both sides. Just click and go. But if I see this correct, as soon as GroundConstruction-Core is in the system, everything should be running well, again. :)

@RoverDude

Hi Roverdude.

Oke. Good to hear I can fix bill.

What is a persistence file? :rolleyes:

I know very little about a lot of stuff I read here but I'm trying and learning.

I managed to change what an engeneer can carry  and how far away he can work from his location through the KIS file. Is it like that? And where can i find this persistence file?

I just noticed that the dust plume comming of my MEU-100 pulse dril is very very low res. Like white squares as big as bob's head. The drill o matic dust is fine.

Allsow, you can't repack a hab module and deploy again later because the material kit's don't repack. Maybe someting to look at? Kind of like stuffing a caravan full of stuff so you can make the attachable tent like home later but take it all back home again after. Just a thought.

17 minutes ago, Jebs_SY said:

Thx. :) Is this the live location?

Exactly. But please note that CKAN installation of MKS is broken, because the GroundConstruction-core dependency is not yet accepted into CKAN. You can track the progress here: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/5282 This needs to merged by a human, so I'm afraid we'll have to wait until the CKAN folk gets around to that.

3 hours ago, Maximveen84 said:

Hi Roverdude.

Oke. Good to hear I can fix bill.

What is a persistence file? :rolleyes:

I know very little about a lot of stuff I read here but I'm trying and learning.

I managed to change what an engineer can carry  and how far away he can work from his location through the KIS file. Is it like that? And where can i find this persistence file?

Assuming you know where your Kerbal Space Program folder is (if you installed MKS through CKAN and didn't have to find your KSP folder it to install it, CKAN will open if for you under the "file" tab in the top right), there should be a file inside that called "saves". Inside that folder should be files for all your savegames-look for the relevant one and open in. Inside that folder should be the file "persistent.sfs"-open that with notepad. Use control-F to bring up the search box, and now search for "grouchy" and click "next" with the typing cursor at the top of the page-this will bring you to a list of your kerbals (inc. applicants, KIA/MIA kerbs and those from non-accepted tourism and rescue contracts) and their lifesupport status. Now find Bill (name = Bill Kerman) and change the field "OldTrait" from "Tourist" to "Engineer". Now, go to almost the very bottom of the file and you will again find a list of all the kerbals, this time containing their core attributes. Find Bill again on this second list and change the "trait" field from "Tourist" to "Engineer". Bill should now be fixed after reloading the save (only the persistence mind you, if you want this to apply to quicksaves etc made before you fixed it then you will have to edit their .sfs files (in the same folder) in the same manner).

Ok, I've tried searching for this, but not finding anything. Somewhere I missed when the RGB sliders were added to the MKS modules and moving them seems to have no effect on the appearance of my modules. Is there something else I need to do to make those useful?

Edited by Parmenio

6 minutes ago, Parmenio said:

Ok, I've tried searching for this, but not finding anything. Somewhere I missed when the RGB sliders were added to the MKS modules and moving them seems to have no effect on the appearance of my modules. Is there something else I need to do to make those useful?

I believe they come with the stock lights, and they may not actually do anything in this case.