[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

Maybe, since LF/OX doesn't really have a use within USI. I tend to judge a suitable conversion rate as something that is able to supply enough fuel cells to power it.

A justification for using the super-slow MPUs over the stock ISRUs would be if MKS could modify the stock ISRU so that it doesn't work at all without the presence of crew (though this will likely form a pretty major noob bridge for those who don't RTFM)

Edited by voicey99

19 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

Last thing before I start on this tomorrow-what is the significance of the TemperatureModifier key values?

They define a Unity "float curve" (example of how it looks here). But then I'm not sure how the game uses that. Maybe you already know that much :)

Funnily, I was trying to understand TemperatureModifier today too. My guess was that it tells how fast the temperature increases (ex: it would grow faster when at zero), but I think that's opposite to the few observations I made (temperature seems to grow slower at the beginning).

9 minutes ago, gowthamn said:

Will be in CKAN by tomorrow? Waiting from yesterday :( .

If you go look at the last page of the CKAN sticky, someone opened a git issue for it. Just keep your eye on that till they get it fixed.

EDIT: Hehe Rover, I think people prefer using CKAN to help them keep track of alot of mods. I run over 100 and if i get too many (especially the ones with pre-reqs) manually installed I start losing track of the versions. Which just causes me more headaches later :)

Edited by ExavierMacbeth

12 minutes ago, ExavierMacbeth said:

If you go look at the last page of the CKAN sticky, someone opened a git issue for it. Just keep your eye on that till they get it fixed.

EDIT: Hehe Rover, I think people prefer using CKAN to help them keep track of alot of mods. I run over 100 and if i get too many (especially the ones with pre-reqs) manually installed I start losing track of the versions. Which just causes me more headaches later :)

Sigh.  Do we really need to open that can of worms again?

14 minutes ago, ExavierMacbeth said:

I don't care what people prefer... (I prefer manual installations for a multitude of reasons).  What I do care about is when people keep asking the same question and clogging the thread due to a CKAN issue (in this case, a pull request that has been sitting around for days....), and also care when people can't be bothered to spend a minute to manually install a mod.

Just now, RoverDude said:

I don't care what people prefer... (I prefer manual installations for a multitude of reasons).  What I do care about is when people keep asking the same question and clogging the thread due to a CKAN issue (in this case, a pull request that has been sitting around for days....), and also care when people can't be bothered to spend a minute to manually install a mod.

True. I've run enough mods for other games myself to know that annoyance.

Maybe add an FAQ to the main page about taking up CKAN issues with CKAN? You list it as a download option but don't actually tell people you don't troubleshoot CKAN issues with your mods like many other modders do. Sadly, common sense is not very common on the internet lol

54 minutes ago, ExavierMacbeth said:

True. I've run enough mods for other games myself to know that annoyance.

Maybe add an FAQ to the main page about taking up CKAN issues with CKAN? You list it as a download option but don't actually tell people you don't troubleshoot CKAN issues with your mods like many other modders do. Sadly, common sense is not very common on the internet lol

While it probably wouldn't hurt, given the nature of the people who clog the threads already I doubt they bother checking the OP for answers first...

3 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

While it probably wouldn't hurt, given the nature of the people who clog the threads already I doubt they bother checking the OP for answers first...

Just put a big, red notice at the top of the OP that's unmissable to anyone looking at it:

MKS IS NOT CURRENTLY ON CKAN.

You will always get people who don't bother to find out the answer to an FAQ, so it's best to just stick in in their faces where they can't miss it. It's taking a lot of willpower not to just say RTFM to all of them.

Is there a cheaty, persistence file editing way to set the Kolozination statistics?  I was looking to set it very high in a test sandbox install to test things like power and cooling on new designs, so I know they will work in the career save?

1 hour ago, Gilph said:

Is there a cheaty, persistence file editing way to set the Kolozination statistics?  I was looking to set it very high in a test sandbox install to test things like power and cooling on new designs, so I know they will work in the career save?

There's some numbers under KolonizationScenario in the persistence, not sure what they mean (they might be how much each vessel has contributed to the ratings) but try tinkering with them. You might need to visit the planet first.

So the Karbonite/K+ thread died in the purge, yes?

I'm having an issue with mining Karborundum on Eve, since the abundance is so low, my drills are running into the problem of it being too low to mine - even when I manually edit the abundance in the CRP files.

Is there a way of editing the minimum amount for the drills to mine? I imagine I won't find an abundance much higher than this anywhere else on Eve.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask for help, maybe there will be a new Karbonite/K+ thread up soon.

My miner:

Spoiler

E471F8581908632395833AD1F10824839B99A195

Edited by Shawarmakriger
Wrong screenshot.

3 minutes ago, Shawarmakriger said:

So the Karbonite/K+ thread died in the purge, yes?

I'm having an issue with mining Karborundum on Eve, since the abundance is so low, my drills are running into the problem of it being too low to mine - even when I manually edit the abundance in the CRP files.

Is there a way of editing the minimum amount for the drills to mine? I imagine I won't find an abundance much higher than this anywhere else on Eve.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask for help, maybe there will be a new Karbonite/K+ thread up soon.

My miner:
<schnip>

I believe resource abundance is tied to your save's resource seed, and I think the only way to change abundance is to change the resource seed (which will change all resources). If you want to go ahead, it's the GameSeed parameter under RESOURCE_SETTINGS. From the lack of a relevant parameter in the cfg, I don't think you can change the min abundance the drills can mine-but even if you could, when there isn't any, there isn't any.