[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

38 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

I see, but the first language in schools was still German, right?

I guess so.

27 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

Having not used the 1.3 version, I have to go off what other people are saying. Maybe I'm not sceptical enough.

beeing sceptical is every base of every scientific thing. for myself I'm not very urged to try out. Nevertheless its always recommend to check for a broken install of the core game first before reporting issues of a modification to that game.

its most likely to blame the driver for a broken motor. (unless a tree was the cause, or else :P)

3 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

Install manually from github. CKAN is such a support issue generator.

I know what you mean with regards to CKAN.

I always check the dependency's and conflicts first before installing anything via CKAN and/or Manually in order to avoid breaking things.

As long as it is OK to install on KSP 1.3 I have no problem doing a manual installation.

Thanks for the Help on quick response :)

Not sure whether it would be better to leave MKS on CKAN and put up with people who can't be bothered to search the thread for their problems or pull MKS from CKAN while the GC issue is being dealt with and put up with the floods of people who can't be bothered to search the thread for why MKS isn't on CKAN.

1 hour ago, sh1pman said:

Why did you go to Russian-only school if your native language is German?

XD because i was born in UdSSR to a family of german emigrants back in 1700ish. Peter the 1 has a crack on german culture and has presented land claims to every european who would emigrate to Russia. And after WW2 germans would be not realy be loved there. 

@voicey99 this one would be a additon of big and clumsy hands with small smartphone and a german T9 :D

Urses

Just now, Urses said:

XD because i was born in UdSSR to a family of german emigrants back in 1700ish. Peter the 1 has a crack on german culture and has presented land claims to every european who would emigrate to Russia. And after WW2 germans would be not realy be loved there. 

Yeah, I heard there was a German village somewhere in Moscow that Peter the Great used to visit regularly. Or something like that.

Just now, sh1pman said:

Yeah, I heard there was a German village somewhere in Moscow that Peter the Great used to visit regularly. Or something like that.

It was more like a german enklave in Moskow and great claims in what is Ukraina and Whiterussia today. His metresse (later known as Ekatherina) was in the named enklave, why it is more known.

Urses

1 hour ago, Urses said:

It was more like a German enclave in Moscow and great claims in what is Ukraine and _____Russia today. His mistress[?] (later known as Ekat_erina[?]) was in the named enclave, which is why it is more known.

Hm. Germantown doesn't quite have the same ring as Chinatown.

41 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

Hm. Germantown doesn't quite have the same ring as Chinatown.

Thus enclaves are named mostly Small....

In this example Smallgermany.

And for your information it is NOT Russia. It is belorussia and dirket translation is Whiterussia, english is like i found belarus.

7 minutes ago, Urses said:

And for your information it is NOT Russia. It is belorussia and direct translation is Whiterussia, english is like i found belarus.

Wikipedia sums this up: 'After the Bolshevik Revolution in 1917, the term "White Russia" caused some confusion, as it was also the name of the military force that opposed the red Bolsheviks'. I was assuming the latter.

6 minutes ago, billkerbinsky said:

It's a common place name in the US (list here); about 15% of the US population is of German ancestry.

Common? It's got nothing on Springfield. Real original place names are hard come by in America, since they always seem to be either ripoffs of european cities or somethingtown/ville/city etc.

We should probably stop talking about this before the thread gets any more derailed.

8 minutes ago, That_Other_Guy said:

How do i make ELP use its old resources instead? 

go into GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Patches/ and open the file called MKS_EL.cfg. Delete lines 19-60 (all the blocks that begin with EL_DefaultStructureRecipe,  EL_ResourceRecipe, @EL_ResourceRecipe or @EL_TransferRecipe)

On 6/2/2017 at 6:33 AM, canisin said:

Hey all,

I don't understand the kolonist hiring costs setting. Regardless of whether "Alternate Kolonist Costs" is checked or not, whatever value I specify for "Kolonist Cost", in the Astronaut Complex, the hiring of a Kolonist or any of the other specialties is the same as hiring a Pilot or Engineer or Scientist. Am I misunderstanding something?

"Alternate Core Kerbonaut Costs" and "Core Kerbonaut Cost" settings appear to be working as advertised.

Any help is appreciated :)

I have the same thing. Could it be to do with SETI Rebalance. I think that is supposed to lock down hire prices, and might be over-riding the cheap kolonist price function?

26 minutes ago, strudo76 said:

I have the same thing. Could it be to do with SETI Rebalance. I think that is supposed to lock down hire prices, and might be over-riding the cheap kolonist price function?

Nope, don't have SETI. It must be something else. I have haven't been able to determine the source of this one. 

Edited by canisin
have -> haven't

19 minutes ago, canisin said:

Nope, don't have SETI. It must be something else. I have been able to determine the source of this one. 

You have? Can you tell me as it might be the same thing?

Here's my log for anyone who'd like to look at it. Don't spend too much time though, as this is KSP 1.3 and I have a few mods that still only have 1.2.x. I also don't have a slider on the bulk buy option. I haven't upgraded the astronaut complex so I don't know if that's a factor? I installed all the USI mods from the USI catalog link.

Log File

No slider screen shot

Just now, strudo76 said:

You have? Can you tell me as it might be the same thing?

Here's my log for anyone who'd like to look at it. Don't spend too much time though, as this is KSP 1.3 and I have a few mods that still only have 1.2.x. I also don't have a slider on the bulk buy option. I haven't upgraded the astronaut complex so I don't know if that's a factor? I installed all the USI mods from the USI catalog link.

Log File

No slider screen shot

Damn, how did I mistype that? :(

Fixed my previous post. I had intended to mean that I couldn't figure it out.

On 6/1/2017 at 2:03 PM, canisin said:

Hey all,

I don't understand the kolonist hiring costs setting. Regardless of whether "Alternate Kolonist Costs" is checked or not, whatever value I specify for "Kolonist Cost", in the Astronaut Complex, the hiring of a Kolonist or any of the other specialties is the same as hiring a Pilot or Engineer or Scientist. Am I misunderstanding something?

"Alternate Core Kerbonaut Costs" and "Core Kerbonaut Cost" settings appear to be working as advertised.

Any help is appreciated :)

Forgive me for being dumb, but where in god's name are these settings located? All of my Kerbal costs are the same in the Astronaut complex UI. Is there another UI I'm supposed to use for recruiting?

There is a Kolonization tab in the game difficulty settings (this is accessible both before and after starting a game), among these settings there is a setting to set the price of hiring kolonists differently than the price of kerbonauts, and by default, kolonists are supposed to be cheaper. But as you have observed yourself, they have the same price in the astronaut complex.

So out of interest I started a 1.3 game with only MKS installed (only MKS, no additional components), then overwritten with the updated USI Tools. All Kerbals still cost the same amount regardless of the settings. MKS and updated USI tools both downloaded from Github using the Catalog link. Have attached some screenshots and a log. Hope that helps someone track it down.

New Log

Settings Screenshot

Astronaut Complex Screenshot

As an aside, I'm only wanting to use MKS, LS, FTT and Konstruction. Does it matter which order they get installed in? Currently I've been installing MKS, then the additional parts without overwriting files, then overwriting with the updated USI Tools. Is that correct or should I be overwriting on every component?

Edited by strudo76
Added aside question.

6 hours ago, strudo76 said:

So out of interest I started a 1.3 game with only MKS installed (only MKS, no additional components), then overwritten with the updated USI Tools. All Kerbals still cost the same amount regardless of the settings. MKS and updated USI tools both downloaded from Github using the Catalog link. Have attached some screenshots and a log. Hope that helps someone track it down.

New Log

Settings Screenshot

Astronaut Complex Screenshot

As an aside, I'm only wanting to use MKS, LS, FTT and Konstruction. Does it matter which order they get installed in? Currently I've been installing MKS, then the additional parts without overwriting files, then overwriting with the updated USI Tools. Is that correct or should I be overwriting on every component?

RD probably just made a typo when writing/copypasting the AC code, put that lot into an issue ticket on github.

Also, you shouldn't be overwriting with any mod. EVER. Always delete the old mod folders. I don't know think the order makes any difference, they're probably all sorted alphabetically in your folder anyway.

1 hour ago, voicey99 said:

I don't know think the order makes any difference

Order of installation shouldn't matter as long as everything is using the newest version.  The only time I can see order of install being an issue is if one of the bundled dependencies like USI Tools is an older release and letting it overwrite the new one.  And yes, always delete the old mod folders first.

Edited by Nergal8617

3 hours ago, voicey99 said:

RD probably just made a typo when writing/copypasting the AC code, put that lot into an issue ticket on github.

Also, you shouldn't be overwriting with any mod. EVER. Always delete the old mod folders. I don't know think the order makes any difference, they're probably all sorted alphabetically in your folder anyway.

Only asked as a lot of the USI mods contain the same folders. Assumed all were updated together, but just wanted to be specific in case there was something in my methods that was causing an issue.

Hopefully that makes sense. Half a carton down at this point, so probably dribbling :)

41 minutes ago, strudo76 said:

Only asked as a lot of the USI mods contain the same folders. Assumed all were updated together, but just wanted to be specific in case there was something in my methods that was causing an issue.

Hopefully that makes sense. Half a carton down at this point, so probably dribbling :)

Normally they are.  However sometimes, like now during a new release there may be times where quick patches to one piece is put out to fix something that doesn't make it into new releases for everything right away.

I don't like T.R.P... and you had to add to merge it in the code -_-

Unless there's a way to disable it and I'm just stupid. (aren't I always stupid? How do you people not hate me?!?)

Edited by Potato3478