[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

20 minutes ago, Mun_Man said:

Every time I try to manually try to install this mod something goes wrong and I have no idea what. Could someone please help me?

Could we get a pic of your GameData folder after you tried to install it?

19 minutes ago, Mun_Man said:

Every time I try to manually try to install this mod something goes wrong and I have no idea what. Could someone please help me?

Hey, Mun_Man! For starters, something goes wrong how? Also, posting a log might help figure out what went wrong, read this thread to get instructions:

NEW RELEASE IS UP!

0.52.2 - 2017.08.15
---------------
Dependency Updates (including updating Ground Construction)
Mechanics can now swap converters (not just engineers)
Better Weight Distribution mechanics (thanks Dboi88!)
Restore class name as default display title in the VAB for converters
Fixed some potential nullref spam
Fixed an issue where Karibou legs started as deployed
A new Kolony Inventory screen that will help you get a better handle on net colony production values

Just tried installing, during loading game gets to Squad/scansat file then crashes every time, Upon removing USI and umbra from game data folder, it launches normally. I can upload logs if you want Roverdude

On second though, forget it, most likely a bad download I'll retry

Edit 2: Looks good, been so long since I last played KSP, apparently Nobody updates curse mods (which is fine because I hate curse)

Edited by Crim1

11 minutes ago, Gilph said:

Everything looks good here.  Kolony stats screen is really nice

Thanks :)  This is essentially the replacement for the old kolony statistics screen that I deprecated.  Hopefully this one is a bit easier to work with :)

1 hour ago, strudo76 said:

And kolonist hire cost is fixed too?

Should be :)  I expect a few other bug fixes snuck in this update.

14 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Should be :)  I expect a few other bug fixes snuck in this update.

I don't see any change in kolonist hire cost. Still 50k regardless of a profession. Also, that bug, that kerbal hire form is not changing it's size depending on global UI scale, is there again. I can raise GitHub issue, if you want.

1 hour ago, maja said:

I don't see any change in kolonist hire cost. Still 50k regardless of a profession. Also, that bug, that kerbal hire form is not changing it's size depending on global UI scale, is there again. I can raise GitHub issue, if you want.

Did you load a save from the previous version of MKS or start a new save?

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place Rover, but I have MKS and tac installed, on a short flight to Minmus, on day 7 my jeb refuses to work due to home sickness. yet the wiki states Mk1 pod has 30 6hour days worth of habitation.

14 minutes ago, Crim1 said:

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place Rover, but I have MKS and tac installed, on a short flight to Minmus, on day 7 my jeb refuses to work due to home sickness. yet the wiki states Mk1 pod has 30 6hour days worth of habitation.

sounds like you are running both tac-ls and usi-ls. just choose one.

2 minutes ago, Crim1 said:

Actually, I just realized I do not have tac ls. I thought I did but I don't

ok. I'm sitting on the beach with the family so I can't check but iirc you won't make it to minmus with the mk1 capsule alone. But that's usi-ls and not mks.

2 minutes ago, Crim1 said:

okay, gonna try and mess with the save and see if I can get Jeb back to work and finish out this misson before modifying anything. Golden, you need to enjoy that family and beach bud =D

oh I am. Just resting from some epic boogie boarding

A question to you, fellow kerbonauts. How do you stabilize your planetary bases? It happens to me, time an again, that mining stations and bases tend to lift up whe I deply a drill (the larger the worse) and mover around like a bug on the back as soon as I start drilling. Especially on Minmus you can take the bug on the back quite literally ...

So what's your experience with that phenomenon, an how do you cope with it? I went back to an older save (career mode), before building bases and now I'm looking for a way to do it better this time. Any hints are appreciated.

Cheers

SchrottBot

I'm playing in science mode and the MKS recruitment screen forces level 5 kerbals on me but I enjoy playing with leveling on in science/sandbox mode. I also prefer the stock list style and being able to see a list of random kerbals as opposed to having to customise a kerbal and then getting a random name. It just seems like it was more balanced around career so my playing of science mode makes it a downgrade to stock.

Also of I uninstall MKS it just gives me 1 kerbal with a name and no values to recruit and glitches out the astronaut complex.

On 18.8.2017 at 5:47 PM, RoverDude said:

Is your drill too low, i.e. is the drillhead colliding with the ground?

Beyond that - use ground tethering.  It's tied to all MKS modules.

Hmm. Thanks for pointing me to that. Well, the shaft of the drillhead did indeed touch the ground an started lifting the base. In this case the ground tether had no effect, everything moved under drilling in progress. Lifting the mounting point of the drill up a little changed it. Everything stayed in place even without tether. I learned something new today. Thanks Roverdude!

Cheers

SchrottBot 

I downloaded the new version, but it generates 2 loading errors, but does not specify what it is about, the file that generates them is StockTweaks.cfg I do not even know if the game works the same because I also have a problem with the Mod galileo plante pack, as long as I do not solve that problem I do not know if this mod may work the same. So much I wanted to report it and maybe if it's a known problem it can be solved :wink: