[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

12 hours ago, tsaven said:

Thanks man, glad to see you're still active around here.

I'll have to dig back into the threads to see how the KPBS/MKS/USI-LS compatibility project turned out.

Compared to before, I'm probably semi-active.  :wink:  And one of these days I should finish up that pack - it's really at a 'needs a balance pass' point for the last stage.  Anyway, there's a release in a working state and links here:

11 hours ago, Mukita12 said:

ok then i guess i have too INSTALL MORE LS MOD!!!

If you want Habitation with TAC-LS resources, I think you can install both LS mods and then turn off the USILS penalties for lack of Supplies and EC in the USI-LS settings.

11 hours ago, Mukita12 said:

ok then i guess i have too INSTALL MORE LS MOD!!!

Let me give you an alternative suggestion, as a relatively recent convert - don't. Yeah, TACLS has the extra resources, but what does that add? You try and pack the same endurance in all of them (and parts conveniently come offering just that) - they might as well be one resource. TACLS kills kerbals - so does USI-LS if configured to do so. TACLS has recyclers - USI-LS with MKS has a wide range of options. TACLS looks challenging, but kerbals just don't eat that much so one easily just oversupply; the habitation requirements on USI-LS offer a much deeper challenge, and one that varies more with length of voyage than just slapping on another TACLS can does.

I miss the hydrogen-oxygen fuel cells one got with TACLS - split water in daylight to bank solar energy for later - but you know what? That only works because KSP solar is absurdly, impossibly, good. It just wouldn't make sense in reality to carry the electrolyser's mass to recover a tiny handful of joules.

4 hours ago, DStaal said:

Compared to before, I'm probably semi-active.  :wink:  And one of these days I should finish up that pack - it's really at a 'needs a balance pass' point for the last stage.  Anyway, there's a release in a working state and links here:

Cool, I might have a crack at that balance pass myself if you wouldn't mind.  Being fUnemployed will give me some time to dig into that again.

3 hours ago, damerell said:

Let me give you an alternative suggestion, as a relatively recent convert - don't. Yeah, TACLS has the extra resources, but what does that add? You try and pack the same endurance in all of them (and parts conveniently come offering just that) - they might as well be one resource. TACLS kills kerbals - so does USI-LS if configured to do so. TACLS has recyclers - USI-LS with MKS has a wide range of options. TACLS looks challenging, but kerbals just don't eat that much so one easily just oversupply; the habitation requirements on USI-LS offer a much deeper challenge, and one that varies more with length of voyage than just slapping on another TACLS can does.

I miss the hydrogen-oxygen fuel cells one got with TACLS - split water in daylight to bank solar energy for later - but you know what? That only works because KSP solar is absurdly, impossibly, good. It just wouldn't make sense in reality to carry the electrolyser's mass to recover a tiny handful of joules.

That was another complaint I had about TAC-LS, that the consumption rates of supplies were so incredibly low that supplying multi-year missions still wasn't hard.  There was barely a reason to actually use recyclers, when you could just slap on another half-ton of food/water/o2 and call it good for a decade.

I think some aspects of TAC offer a deeper challenge, such as all the different possible converter/recycler types, but USI offers a vastly broader experience.  And really, the Hab mechanics of USI are what sold me on it.  In my mind I was always mentally envisioning the little guys having to have enough room on a big ship to run around, but now there was a game mechanic to require it.

1 hour ago, tsaven said:

Cool, I might have a crack at that balance pass myself if you wouldn't mind.  Being fUnemployed will give me some time to dig into that again.

Feel free.  Note that I went a bit more complicated than most on the branching strategy: The 'active' branch with changes that need to be looked at is the 'feature/Industry-and-Efficiency' branch.  'Development' is basically a 'beta to release' branch, though it has a couple of changes I've made that aren't in the active branch.  (Mostly minor packaging things which I've tweaked as needed.)  Oh, and the 'Promo-Images' branch is basically a separate repository.  :wink:

19 hours ago, aredrek said:

hey seems to be a great mod but I don't have the parts of ground construction. Instead I have a folder called DIYkit. I really want to play your mod please respond ty

For GC, you just have the DIY Kit.  The rest of the parts are covered by MKS functionality.

15 hours ago, Mine_Turtle said:

Have the problems with negative cost for MKS modules been fixed in the current release? Tundra mobile workshop(2.5m) has dry-mass cost of -20k.

No idea - let us know :D

On 8/24/2017 at 3:23 AM, Hipponugz said:

This is my first post so im sorry if im not clear enough or anything. so im trying to build a mun colony but the inflatable habitation and greenhouse parts dont have a deploy option outside the VAB but i can deploy in the VAB.

i currently am running mechjeb, KAS, KIS, MKS, TAC and one other base parts mod ill get the name of when i get back to my computer.

im hoping this is a problem someone else has had and i dont need to post pictuers. i dont have time to figure out how to post a pic with it but if i need to i will figure it out tomorrow so let me know if you need any other detail or pictures

@RoverDude can I poke you about this? I'm having this issue as well with neither the "Start Habitat" or "Start Greenhouse" options effecting the craft animations. There are kerbals present on the ship, it has a connection, has power but it isn't working. If you pre-deploy in the VAB or SPH and launch it, the animation is running with it deployed and spinning but you again don't have any option to deflate the hab ring.

Here are some logs:

KSP.log

output_log.txt

And some pictures if they help

Let me know if you need anything else :) This is KSP 1.3 by the way but I've noticed it happen on past versions.

Album a/CWIqn will appear when post is submitted

Edited by Nhawks17
Trying to fix imgur album???

10 hours ago, RoverDude said:

For GC, you just have the DIY Kit.  The rest of the parts are covered by MKS functionality.

No idea - let us know :D

I am not trying to mock anyone here. According to github there have been a couple of issues with negative part costs, which were fixed in previous releases.

However, I get negative cost for mobile workshop: https://imgur.com/4h8kGFr So, I was wondering if this is known issue or one of other mods is interfering. Also, cost for Tundra assembly plant seems to be incorrect. It is supposed to 55620, but  in reality it is only 10020, and reaches full cost of 55620, when fully loaded.

4 minutes ago, Mine_Turtle said:

I am not trying to mock anyone here. According to github there have been a couple of issues with negative part costs, which were fixed in previous releases.

However, I get negative cost for mobile workshop: https://imgur.com/4h8kGFr So, I was wondering if this is known issue or one of other mods is interfering. Also, cost for Tundra assembly plant seems to be incorrect. It is supposed to 55620, but  in reality it is only 10020, and reaches full cost of 55620, when fully loaded.

Put it in a GitHub issue. That's the best way to get a bug addressed.

On 23 ottobre 2017 at 5:21 PM, DrDino said:

Rover dude can you make a mod like the Coyote interstellar transport?  

You literally have all ingredients from Rover's mods to create a hull, strut it up, add Orion engine, and Voila! Interstellar transport

I've noticed that the game's stock mining contracts (ISRUContract) don't recognize mining done with the MKS drills.  I have a contract to "extract 500 units of Ore from Minmus", and I have an automated driller on Minmus with two MEU-100-A drills mining ore, but the contract hasn't been completed even after I've timewarped and watched the driller collect more than 500 ore.  The contract's PARAM block in my save file still says "totalHarvested = 0".

The PARAM block also says "modules = ModuleResourceHarvester", which seems to be the problem: the MKS drills use ModuleResourceHarvester_USI instead.  I found that if I manually change that line to "modules = ModuleResourceHarvester_USI", then the MKS drills are recognized — the "totalHarvested" value goes up.  But that'd presumably make it not recognize stock drills; ideally both should work.  Although the attribute is called "modules", it doesn't seem to recognize a comma-separated or space-separated list, nor multiple "modules" lines naming one module each.  And of course, future contracts would presumably still generate with just "modules = ModuleResourceHarvester", requiring hand-editing of the .sfs file to fix each one.

Is there a way to make MKS drills work properly with stock mining contracts?

I usually just download everything from the USI site, but found that there seems to be some overlap resulting from bundling.

I am not entirely sure what all is bundled in with this pack, Karibou, Konstruction, Kontainers, what else?  Is there a complete list somewhere?