[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

8 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

It is already like that. Bases within 150m will share habitation.

So if I land a guy with the lightest possible lander, it should show up in logistics as having the same 'habitation' as someone in a module with a hab-ring 200m away?

2 minutes ago, Daveroski said:

Would the lander have to have local logistics ability in and of itself or some other specialized module?

That sentence doesn't make much sense, but any vessel will participate in LL as long as it has an LL-enabled kontainer (all USI kontainers) and a producer/consumer for the resource. For example, crewed kerbitats count as consumers for Supplies so they will initiate a pull request from a nearby kontainer into the one on the vessel.

1 minute ago, KERBAL WARS said:

I need download instructions.

Seriously!? Download it, extract the contents of the zip, and copy over everything in the container GameData folder into your GameData.

3 minutes ago, KERBAL WARS said:

I need download instructions.

you seem to know what you're doing can you tell me how to download the mod correctly?

If you had read from my first post you would see that I am ignorant of many things.

Which system are you using? manual or Ckan?

2 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

That sentence doesn't make much sense, but any vessel will participate in LL as long as it has an LL-enabled kontainer (all USI kontainers) and a producer/consumer for the resource. For example, crewed kerbitats count as consumers for Supplies so they will initiate a pull request from a nearby kontainer into the one on the vessel.

Ok for example....

I land within 150m of a base in a tin-can with no on-board L/S or habitation.

Will this craft share the L/S and habitation of the base?

5 minutes ago, Daveroski said:

If you have a local-logistics enabled kontainer for supplies, it will pull supplies from the main vessel into it, but they will not share recyclers. Habitation will also be shared.

Yes and yes, basically.

8 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

If you have a local-logistics enabled kontainer for supplies, it will pull supplies from the main vessel into it, but they will not share recyclers. Habitation will also be shared.

Yes and yes, basically.

So if I drop an unmanned Hitch-Hiker with a power coupler and then turn on the habitat, the 'habitation' it provides will be shared with the base?

17 minutes ago, Daveroski said:

If you had read from my first post you would see that I am ignorant of many things.

Which system are you using? manual or Ckan?

Ok for example....

I am using a manual download on a Mac. I have all the files included with this mod in my gamedata folder aside for the tools plugin which is the new plugin 10.1. I can see some of the parts but not all of them, specifically the inflatable and base building ones. 

5 minutes ago, KERBAL WARS said:

I am using a manual download on a Mac. I have all the files included with this mod in my gamedata folder aside for the tools plugin which is the new plugin 10.1. I can see some of the parts but not all of them, specifically the inflatable and base building ones. 

So you already have the files downloaded. A picture of your gamedata would probably help to troubleshoot installation issues

2 minutes ago, KERBAL WARS said:

Alas, as I have been fortunate enough not to experience this problem I can be of no help.
I seem to recall it being suggested in previous pages that the 'constellation' download is available on get-hub, that everything in it is current and up-to-date. I don't know if this is true for every incarnation of KSP but if there was a version of this 'constellation' for my version of KSP, I would probably try downloading that.

4 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

So you already have the files downloaded. A picture of your gamedata would probably help to troubleshoot installation issues

its fixed now thanks for the help!

7 minutes ago, Daveroski said:

Alas, as I have been fortunate enough not to experience this problem I can be of no help.
I seem to recall it being suggested in previous pages that the 'constellation' download is available on get-hub, that everything in it is current and up-to-date. I don't know if this is true for every incarnation of KSP but if there was a version of this 'constellation' for my version of KSP, I would probably try downloading that.

its fixed now thanks for the help!

22 minutes ago, Daveroski said:

So if I drop an unmanned Hitch-Hiker with a power coupler and then turn on the habitat, the 'habitation' it provides will be shared with the base?

Yes, although you will need a command module (manned or not) to turn it on and some form of battery to buffer against the "chunks" the coupler transfers in.

Hi!

So, MKS is changing the Kerbal Hireing/Generation System right?
Well, i just started back into my Old KSP Modpack together with an friend.

But we are unable to generate an DarkMultiplayer Universe, because generating new Kerbals is throwing errors.
We are also unable to Hire Kerbals normaly in a Carreer/Science/Sandbox game.

So any ideas how to fix this? (And am i right that MKS is doing that?)

PS: The Error Refers to .GetRandomName(Gender g ....)

My Current Mods (Setup CKAN) (Exported with CKAN)

Spoiler

AT Utils (AT-Utils v1.5.0)
Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit 2.0.2.0)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 0.8.0.0)
Configurable Containers Core (ConfigurableContainers-Core 2.4.1.1)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.23.3)
DarkMultiPlayer (DarkMultiPlayer v0.2.4.5)
Extraplanetary Launchpads (ExtraPlanetaryLaunchpads 5.9.0.0)
Firespitter Core (FirespitterCore v7.6.0)
Ground Construction Core (GroundConstruction-Core 1.2.1)
Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 0.6.3.0)
Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.7)
Konstruction (Konstruction 0.3.0.0)
Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics (InfernalRobotics v2.0.14)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 2.8.1)
RasterPropMonitor (RasterPropMonitor 1:v0.29.2)
RasterPropMonitor Core (RasterPropMonitor-Core 1:v0.29.2)
SCANsat (SCANsat v18.1)
Toolbar (Toolbar 1.7.15)
TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (TweakScale v2.3.7)
USI Core (USI-Core 0.5.0.0)
USI Freight Transport Technologies (USI-FTT 0.8.0.0)
USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS) (UKS 1:0.53.0.0)
USI Life Support (USI-LS 0.7.0.0)
USI Tools (USITools 0.10.1.0)

Edited by HurricanKai

1 minute ago, HurricanKai said:

Hi!

So, MKS is changing the Kerbal Hireing/Generation System right?
Well, i just started back into my Old KSP Modpack together with an friend.

But we are unable to generate an DarkMultiplayer Universe, because generating new Kerbals is throwing errors.
We are also unable to Hire Kerbals normaly in a Carreer/Science/Sandbox game.

So any ideas how to fix this? (And am i right that MKS is doing that?)

PS: The Error Refers to .GetRandomName(Gender g ....)

You can try opening Difficulty Options -> Kolonisation and disabling Customised Kerbonauts, although this will make hiring kolonists harder.

1 minute ago, voicey99 said:

You can try opening Difficulty Options -> Kolonisation and disabling Customised Kerbonauts, although this will make hiring kolonists harder.

Nope, Still Throws NullReferenceException

Also, Theres only once kerbal thats generating when creating a new world, Jebediah Kerman. No idea why.

Just now, HurricanKai said:

Nope, Still Throws NullReferenceException

Also, Theres only once kerbal thats generating when creating a new world, Jebediah Kerman. No idea why.

Well, you can't remove the AC part of the mod unless you downdate to KSP 1.2.2 and MKS before 0.50.17.

OK Enabled instant Flush, So here is the Log since i Opened The AstronautComplex:

Spoiler

[EXC 17:21:34.557] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    CrewGenerator.GetRandomName (Gender g, System.Random generator)
    CrewGenerator.RandomCrewMemberPrototype (KerbalType type)
    KerbalRoster.AddApplicant (Double UT)
    KerbalRoster.Update (Double UT)
    KSP.UI.Screens.AstronautComplex.InitiateGUI ()
    KSP.UI.Screens.AstronautComplex.Start ()
[LOG 17:21:34.561] Debugging dimensions
[LOG 17:21:34.561] Corner: (-507.0, -595.0, 450.0)
[LOG 17:21:34.562] Corner: (-507.0, 530.2, 450.0)
[LOG 17:21:34.562] Corner: (-3.9, 530.2, 450.0)
[LOG 17:21:34.563] Corner: (-3.9, -595.0, 450.0)
[LOG 17:21:34.563] Transformed corner: (453.0, 5.0, 450.0)
[LOG 17:21:34.564] Transformed corner: (453.0, 1130.2, 450.0)
[LOG 17:21:34.564] Transformed corner: (956.1, 1130.2, 450.0)
[LOG 17:21:34.565] Transformed corner: (956.1, 5.0, 450.0)
[LOG 17:21:37.918] [SCANsat] Height Map Of [Kerbin] Completed...
[LOG 17:21:37.951] [SCANsat] All Height Maps Generated
[EXC 17:21:41.921] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    KerbalRoster.GetNewKerbal (KerbalType type)
    KolonyTools.AC.CustomAstronautComplexUI.SpawnKerbal (Nullable`1 chosenGender)
    KolonyTools.AC.CustomAstronautComplexUI.kHire ()
    KolonyTools.AC.CustomAstronautComplexUI.OnGUI ()
[EXC 17:23:21.873] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[LOG 17:23:46.571] Launcher here(in write): False
[LOG 17:23:50.211] Launcher here(in write): False
[LOG 17:23:50.826] Launcher here(in write): False
[LOG 17:23:51.942] Launcher here(in write): False
[EXC 17:24:00.678] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

So, as fas as i see, it throws errors every time:
a) The AstronautComplex is opened

or b) kHire() is called, and with that CrewGenerator.GetRandomName(Gender g, System.Random generator)

The error is "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" which object that is i coud not yet see.

@voicey99 ? What "AC Part"

Edited by HurricanKai

@voicey99 I know, i can not remove code from the Mod (at least no easy enought to be worth here).

EDIT 1&2: Ill have a look into Configs - Well, thats not a lot there. Stuck again.

EDIT 3: Ok, so Funny that i didnt recognize that before. But, No mod loaded at all. The Tabs and stuff are there, but not a single Part.

EDIT 4: Ok... Parts are loading now, but after i first Caused the Error, and THEN opened my console, the game seems to be in an unshure state, and isnt loading the console, science trees or anything else anymore. The Parts havent loaded because of the same problem.

EDIT 5: Errors Has to Come from KolonyTools.AC.CustomAstronautComplexUI.SpawnKerbal() (obvious) which is ~ line 200 and looks something like this:

var kerb = HighLogic.CurrentGame.CrewRoster.GetNewKerbal(0);

and i think, the error is caused because said line (see above) has an value (kerb.Gender) which is tested against. but if that gender is null ....
Ill edit the DLL maybe, but the Function is not provided by the Mod Right? Thats a Game Value right? Why is that returning null? maybe because of the "0" ? 

EDIT 6: The 0 Refers to ProtoCrewMember.KerbalType.Crew, So Actualy the Code is:
ProtoCrewMember kerb = HighLogic.CurrentGame.CrewRoster.GetNewKerbal(ProtoCrewMember.KerbalType.Crew);

Edited by HurricanKai

3 hours ago, ErevanGaming said:

Oh wow =D sorry my mistake ="> been seeing alot of "x"s on worksheets at the office which meant disabled =D =">

Thanks for pointing that out =D

The default state of the kontainers for planetary logistics was changed fairly recently from 'enabled' to 'disabled' - this prevents problems where you launch a full container, and the moment it hits the launchpad it empties itself into PL.  Just get the container in place and click the button in the action menu to enable it.

Hi, Again, after Some More Research, i woud say that the ACTUAL error is not an nullreference, but instead an Access Violation, Using The VS17 Debugger, i was able to get this:

Ausnahme ausgelöst bei 0x236B593E in KSP.exe: 0xC0000005: Zugriffsverletzung beim Lesen an Position 0x0000000C.

Which in English means something like:

Execption Thrown at 0x236B593E in KSP.exe: 0xC0000005: Access Violation while Reading from 0x0000000C.

Ill just Open An Issue On Github from here, because the Problem doesnt seems to have an fast soloution.

Edited by HurricanKai