[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

9 hours ago, LatiMacciato said:

@RoverDude Is there a chance to add a "remove empty resource entries" from the global warehouse listing? (either automaticly or manual, both works) .. empty resources seem to clutter up the GWH overview. I'M usually spending more time searching and find it very cool it's listed alphabeticly.

Github issue please :)

3 hours ago, schneida said:

Hey guys,

I'm new to MKS and I can't seem to figure out how to attach the Ranger type inflatable parts to my existing ship. E.g. I have a lander with a stock science lab horizontally on the surface of Minmus. I would like to add a small hab module on one side, however I can't figure out which parts I have to use to attach the inflatable hub. I tried using a MKS Ranger Attachment Point, I tried just putting a MKS Ranger Anchor Hub, I tried using the Flex O Tube (which I was able to surface attach to the science lab, but then I couldn't attach anything else to it.)

I also tried finding a suiteable YT video, but a lot of them come in with huge pre-assembled ships or skip the assembly part. I have not seen a single video where somebody actually inflates the KAS attached module on the surface of another planet :-(

Thanks for your help!

Make sure there's a node to attach to. (and use a drill).. maybe slap on one of the stock adapters first.  A Flex O Tube is basically a KAS pipe, so not the right tool for this job.  And to expand them is an EVA action.

16 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Always start with KSP version, MKS version, USITools version, and where you got the download.

Ksp version is current: 1.4.3.2152

I reverted back to the ckan release of USI Tools/etc after resolving my issue with orbital-logistics,

Installed mod list:

- AlcubierreStandalone 0.10.0.0
- AT-Utils v1.5.2
- B9-PWings-Fork 1:v0.50
- ClickThroughBlocker 0.1.6.5
- CommunityCategoryKit 3.0.0.0
- CommunityResourcePack 0.10.0.0
- CommunityTechTree 1:3.3.2
- ConfigurableContainers 2.4.3
- ConfigurableContainers-Core 2.4.3
- EasyVesselSwitch 1.6
- FirespitterCore v7.9.0
- GroundConstruction-Core 1.3.0
- HeatControl 0.4.5
- HideEmptyTechNodes 1.0.4
- InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core 3.6
- KAS 0.6.4.0
- KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.4.11
- KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems v1.6.3
- KIS 1.12
- Konstruction 0.5.0.0
- KSP-AVC 1.2.0.2
- MakingHistory-DLC 1.2.0 (unmanaged)
- MalemuteRover 0.6.0.0
- MechJeb2-dev 2.7.2.0-800
- Mk3Expansion 1.4.5
- ModuleManager 3.0.7
- OSEWorkShopCont 1.2.5
- RCSBuildAidCont 0.9.6.3
- SoundingRockets 0.9.0.0
- StageRecovery 1.8.0
- Toolbar 1.7.17.11
- ToolbarController 1:0.1.6.7
- UKS 1:0.55.0.0
- USI-ART 1:0.13.0.0
- USI-Core 0.7.0.0
- USI-EXP 0.11.0.0
- USI-FTT 0.10.0.0
- USI-LS 0.9.0.0
- USI-NuclearRockets 0.7.0.0
- USITools 0.12.0.0

[/spoiler]

MKS' EPL parts were depreciated over a year ago - their functionality was removed and they were kept as inaccessible parts for compatibility. You can import the configs from MKS 0.50.16 and before and replace "Ex" with "El" in the module names to restore functionality, but be aware the parts may be removed completely one day and I am not responsible for any damages you may incur as a result of this.

I may not have phrased my question clearly. Let me try again.

1. specialized parts.  A year or more ago, specialized parts could be manufactured at the inflatable workshop and the tundra mobile workshop. (IIRC) but those parts are not showing those converters.  Are we no longer able to manufacture spec. parts?  Or have they moved somewhere else?

2. the pioneer module used to have the EL "open UI" button.  This button is no longer there, even though the parts have the "EL Workshop" item in the VAB.  Is there a recommended method for enabling the UI?

Alternately, does GC offer in-situ builds yet?

2 minutes ago, Baladain said:

1. specialized parts.  A year or more ago, specialized parts could be manufactured at the inflatable workshop and the tundra mobile workshop. (IIRC) but those parts are not showing those converters.  Are we no longer able to manufacture spec. parts?  Or have they moved somewhere else?

2. the pioneer module used to have the EL "open UI" button.  This button is no longer there, even though the parts have the "EL Workshop" item in the VAB.  Is there a recommended method for enabling the UI?

I use the EL-Survey-station and the Stake from Extraplanetary LP to build stuff in-situ. I usually build the DIY-kits i save in VAB.

When i recycle stuff, i use MKS "disassemble part" so i get back mat kits.

/Rikard

3 hours ago, Baladain said:

Spec Parts can be manufactured via the assembly plant.  Not the lower tier parts.  Not sure on 2 as I don't maintain that patch.

21 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Make sure there's a node to attach to. (and use a drill).. maybe slap on one of the stock adapters first.  A Flex O Tube is basically a KAS pipe, so not the right tool for this job.  And to expand them is an EVA action.

Hello, I have similar problems, I cannot understand how to attach things to an anchor hub.

I would like to attach a MEU-100 Pulse Drill and an Inflatable Storage Module, to an anchor hub, I have an engineer on EVA equipped with his screw driver, I can attach the hub to the ground, but attaching the other items to the anchor hub simply does not work for me. The ISM does not attach when I press H + click, it simply falls down. The drill shows no attach possibility (it never gets green) (it also looks strangely dismembered when I take it out of the KIS inventory), 

Is there somewhere a video tutorial about how to attach items to an anchor hub ? And perhaps attaching tha anchor hub to a Scout lander via a Flex-o-Tube (which I haven't tried yet)?

Thanks

Maraz

Edited by Maraz

Hi @RoverDude Just wanted to check that the difference between the models used by resource lodes (Rock.mu & Rock2.mu) is that Rock2.mu only has half a collision mesh? I'm guessing it's deliberate as they are the same shape either way.

I've been playing with the resource lode models and code over the weekend for other uses and I've just checked using Sarbians Debugstuff to see what the collision meshes look like.

I found that the collision mesh used by UsiExplorationRock  (Rock.mu) looks fine and is close to the model. However, the collision mesh used by part UsiExplorationRock2 (Rock2.mu) is only half there. This causes it to be sunken halfway into the ground when spawned after a resourcelode scan.

I'm checking if this is deliberate is because I'm experimenting with spawning this rock2 model (using MKS methods) - but due to how KSP decides what to do with objects merged with the ground (I'm wildly guessing it's due to the half a collision mesh), I'm finding it often explodes after doing a little jump up and down dance trying to find a way to be ok in the world.

I fixed my specific issue by using rock.mu for all spawns via a change to the stock tweak MM patch. I set the lodePart back to UsiExplorationRock.

46 minutes ago, wile1411 said:

I found that the collision mesh used by UsiExplorationRock  (Rock.mu) looks fine and is close to the model. However, the collision mesh used by part UsiExplorationRock2 (Rock2.mu) is only half there. This causes it to be sunken halfway into the ground when spawned after a resourcelode scan.

I believe there are two types of resource lode, a small and a large, with the small one being spawned by pioneer module scanning and the large being found from orbit. If the large one is, well, large it would make sense for it to have a mesh that allows ground clipping so it doesn't balace in the air like a misplaced scatter and roll around.

@voicey99 @RoverDude

I have identified the problem with the EL UI and MKS parts.

The module ElSurveyStation is not present in part Duna_Pioneer or Tundra_PioneerLC

I updated my copy of MKS_EL_Integration.cfg to include this. (specifically changing ExSurveyStation to El)

@PART[Duna_Pioneer,Tundra_PioneerLC]:NEEDS[ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ElSurveyStation
	}
}

But after loading the game, the survey station module is still not added to those parts.

Am I missing something obvious?

2 hours ago, Baladain said:

@voicey99 @RoverDude

I have identified the problem with the EL UI and MKS parts.

The module ElSurveyStation is not present in part Duna_Pioneer or Tundra_PioneerLC

I updated my copy of MKS_EL_Integration.cfg to include this. (specifically changing ExSurveyStation to El)

@PART[Duna_Pioneer,Tundra_PioneerLC]:NEEDS[ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ElSurveyStation
	}
}

But after loading the game, the survey station module is still not added to those parts.

Am I missing something obvious?

check out this one: Issue 1401

I might be missing something simple here, but no matter what I do I cannot get my MPU to process fuel.  It just says "LFO: Liquid fuel full" when there is tons and tons of space.  I tried adding a port directly on it to a tank, no go.  Any ideas?

https://i.imgur.com/2nDWNb8.png

Also I might totally be misremembering this, but on the drills, didn't you get to switch between the two resources you set in the editor for free?  I thought you got a quick switch (the two in the editor) then all other changes would cost MK and MP, but that wasn't an option.  Am I totally making that up?

9 hours ago, mavric1298 said:

I might be missing something simple here, but no matter what I do I cannot get my MPU to process fuel.  It just says "LFO: Liquid fuel full" when there is tons and tons of space.  I tried adding a port directly on it to a tank, no go.  Any ideas?

https://i.imgur.com/2nDWNb8.png

Also I might totally be misremembering this, but on the drills, didn't you get to switch between the two resources you set in the editor for free?  I thought you got a quick switch (the two in the editor) then all other changes would cost MK and MP, but that wasn't an option.  Am I totally making that up?

One note: KAS pipes support fuel transfer, but not fuel flow, so fuel doesn't flow automatically through them.

On the second: Yep, you're totally making that up.  ;)  You can switch in the editor between resources for free, but out in the world they cost MK and SP.

Wearhousing (both local and planetary) for all the tanks - and the dashboard is seeing the excess dirt so it's at least partially working .  The MPU was attached I THINK with bz-52 radial nodes, so that would explain that, but do the ports attached with KAS/KIS not work on it?  The MPU however, IS pushing fertilizer to the inflatable tank and seems to see it just fine, and sees the gypsum that is being pulled from the drills.  I'll just fly another MPU with a tank on the end node out there at this point

1 hour ago, mavric1298 said:

Wearhousing (both local and planetary) for all the tanks - and the dashboard is seeing the excess dirt so it's at least partially working .  The MPU was attached I THINK with bz-52 radial nodes, so that would explain that, but do the ports attached with KAS/KIS not work on it?  The MPU however, IS pushing fertilizer to the inflatable tank and seems to see it just fine, and sees the gypsum that is being pulled from the drills.  I'll just fly another MPU with a tank on the end node out there at this point

Yep, that sounds like fuel flow/priority issues.  Fuel won't automatically flow through radial nodes, or KAS pipes.  Other resources might, depending on their settings.

I got one of those rescue contracts that puts a kerbal in a sealed module with no hatch.  

I managed to rendezvous, and I am trying to transfer the rescue kerbal using a FlexOtube, there is room in the destination module, but for whatever reason I cannot make the transfer.

Any help troubleshooting this?  FlexOtubes are passable for CLS, right?  If not, how do I MAKE it passable?

1 hour ago, Smurfalot said:

I got one of those rescue contracts that puts a kerbal in a sealed module with no hatch.  

I managed to rendezvous, and I am trying to transfer the rescue kerbal using a FlexOtube, there is room in the destination module, but for whatever reason I cannot make the transfer.

Any help troubleshooting this?  FlexOtubes are passable for CLS, right?  If not, how do I MAKE it passable?

FlexOTubes are intended to be passable for crew, and are set as such in the MKS CLS patch. Maybe try clicking quite a lot of times from a variety of angles, as I have found the crew transfer process can be very stubborn.

For future reference, you may wish to use this mod:

Edited by voicey99

4 hours ago, voicey99 said:

FlexOTubes are intended to be passable for crew, and are set as such in the MKS CLS patch. Maybe try clicking quite a lot of times from a variety of angles, as I have found the crew transfer process can be very stubborn.

For future reference, you may wish to use this mod:

I tried it a few different ways and none worked.  I ended up using the the tube to ghetto dock the two crafts and deorbit after redistributing some parachutes-- I am quite surprised to say it worked.

Thank you for the mod info, I found and added it as a result of this mission.  Hopefully this will be the last  to face this complication.

Edited by Smurfalot

Hello,

I saw earlier were the DIY kits would not allow the vessel to be loaded, but I didn't see any resolution. I have the same problem and others relating to Ground Construction,:

1. First the DIY kits do not allow vessels to be loaded, they have the button and it opens the dialog but does nothing when clicked so you just have to cancel. The same problem is on the GitHub bugs #1389.

2. The workshops do not allow the creation of small parts like I saw on Justin Brights videos, like solar panels, etc.

I have loaded the most up to date Ground Construction mod but then the icon disappears on the main page and while the DIY kit is in the VAB it doesn't have the load button anymore, other than that the game loads/runs fine. The current GC is 1.3 and the one in the MKS pack is 1.2.0 I believe. 

Any suggestions are welcome, thanks in advance for your help.

https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/issues/1389

On 6/2/2018 at 1:33 AM, mavric1298 said:

Different MKS drills have different numbers of separators which can all be used at the same time.

1 for small drills, 2 for medium drills 6(?) for the industrial strip-miner.

If you are only using one of them at a time on a medium drill, then you are only using half of your drilling capacity with that part.

Actually changing a separator to collect a different resource always costs mk/sp when outside of the VAB/SPH (and requires a space-walk)

2 hours ago, crypsis45 said:

Hello,

I saw earlier were the DIY kits would not allow the vessel to be loaded, but I didn't see any resolution. I have the same problem and others relating to Ground Construction,:

1. First the DIY kits do not allow vessels to be loaded, they have the button and it opens the dialog but does nothing when clicked so you just have to cancel. The same problem is on the GitHub bugs #1389.

2. The workshops do not allow the creation of small parts like I saw on Justin Brights videos, like solar panels, etc.

You should probably ask this in the Ground Construction thread. You might get an answer here, but over there they have a much higher chance of being able to help you.