[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

1 minute ago, gamerscircle said:

Last time I used the stakes, the Pioneer module was needed, is it still just that module?

Yep.  Either of the Pioneer modules - there's one in both the Duna and Tundra form factors.

I'm starting a new 1.3 career game with MKS, and I decided that I don't want to do any "rescue stranded kerbal" contracts, because they're kinda cheaty (limitless supply of free kerbals) and not really needed with MKS (since hiring prices are reasonable).  So I made a little MM patch to disable them, and thought I'd share in case any other MKS players are interested:

@Contracts
{
	@Recovery
	{
		@AllowKerbalRescue = False
		@AllowCompoundRecovery = False
	}
}

This should* suppress the stock recovery contracts that generate kerbals — both the ones where you rescue just the kerbal, and the "compound" ones where you have to retrieve the derelict spacecraft too.  You can still get recovery contracts for parts that don't have kerbals in them.

(This also means that you don't need Rescue Pod Validator, which hasn't been updated for 1.3 yet.)

*Note that I haven't fully tested this — I'm not yet at the point in career where I'd actually get rescue contracts, so I can't say for certain that they don't appear.  But the comments in the stock Contracts.cfg make it pretty clear what these flags are meant to do, and I've checked ModuleManager.ConfigCache to make sure the patch really does change their values.

7 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

FYI the 1.3 version of MKS comes with a 1.3 compatible version of ground construction.   Just don't use CKAN...

I didn't use CKAN and I completely over looked the folder, thank you.     The "Patches" folder, will those work?

1 minute ago, gamerscircle said:

I didn't use CKAN and I completely over looked the folder, thank you.     The "Patches" folder, will those work?

What do you mean by that? All the .cfgs in the Patches folder work and provide compatibility with various other mods.

19 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

What do you mean by that? All the .cfgs in the Patches folder work and provide compatibility with various other mods.

That is what I meant, I know the patches come from the GC mod direct vs the MKS version of GC. I have been using the ISRU to help with Mat Kit creation before the kerbals arrive.

update: When I add in the patches , KSP crashes - When I remove them, KSP loads okay.

Edited by gamerscircle

26 minutes ago, KerbolExplorer said:

the game is crashing om loading

Ok, to help the guys on here will need to see your logs and also does this happen with only MKS loaded or do you have lots of other mods as well

Also... if you're asking for support, you really need to start including KSP version, MKS version, and where you got it.  100% of the crash issues I have seen are people trying to use 1.2.x stuff on 1.3 (or vice versa).  Don't do this.

Hey @RoverDude I have noticed that the Manufacturers for the launch pads in MKS are set to "USI - * LEGACY *". Does that mean that they have been depreciated? That they are going away? They are very pretty models and I would like to use them to attach my DIY Kits to those. Any suggestions or plans?

But safe to include in my vessels for the near distant future? That is, are you planning to drop them or keep them?

Actually does DIY Kits require specific parts to attach to or not? I assumed that they did not.

Edited by canisin

2 minutes ago, FrontLineFodder said:

Mr RoverDude,

If I get the Constellation from your GitHub Repo (I like FTT, Srv pack & Construction) I should also use the updated USI Tools v0.9.2.0 from the USI GitHub repo

The latest USITools comes bundled with the Constellation.

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

DIY kits do not require a special part to attach to.  And those parts are going to eventually vanish.

If i may ask. Do you work on a integrated solution for USI to build insitu? 

Urses 

30 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

Ground Construction is basically integrated into MKS already.

The question was because of:

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

And those parts are going to eventually vanish.

Not native english talker trys to understand.

Urses

18 minutes ago, Urses said:

The question was because of:

Not native english talker trys to understand.

Urses

The parts in question are for EL(Extra-planetary launch pads) which was used prior to GC(Ground Construction).

EL was not as good of a fit to RoverDude's vision for in-situ construction, so it was always a temporary addition.

Ground Construction is pretty much exactly what RD planned to create, so you can expect it to be supported at least as long as the rest of MKS.

1 hour ago, voicey99 said:

The latest USITools comes bundled with the Constellation.

I am not sure if this is correct, the latest constellation release is from before the USI_Tools update. For my own installation I did a separate update.

3 minutes ago, Urses said:

@Terwin thanks i was not aware thar it goes for EL again. I feared that RD was to drop GC suppprt too.

Urses

Considering Ground Construction is actually in the Constellation zip I don't see that being an issue anytime soon :sticktongue:

Speaking of which, since Ground Construction is actually part of the latest constellation release, yet the main GC is not yet updated to 1.3 that I can tell @RoverDude do you know if it works?  IE did you by chance recompile the DLL yourself for the one you are bundling in the USI constellation release?

Edited by goldenpsp

18 hours ago, notthebobo said:

Slightly off-topic for MKS (but not really given the past two pages) any pointers to threads on best practices for version control of the installed game, not the source?  I'm thinking of some sort of Git for the save games and Gamesdata folders.

Just make a copy or two, I usually keep a "clean" copy and then a modded version of the game in a different location from the steamapps folder. That way, Steam can update the game all they want and they won't break my play through. This also allows you to mod/update mess with new versions of the game without breaking what you all ready have working.

6 hours ago, Kwarazi said:

Ok, to help the guys on here will need to see your logs and also does this happen with only MKS loaded or do you have lots of other mods as well

I had the same issue, posted about 2 pages back. If you're using CKAN to install MKS.... don't. Remove the CKAN version and do a direct download. That should solve your problem. :wink: