[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

4 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

PS imgur is down (at least for me) so that link above doesn't work right now

Seems to be up for me, basically it shows my station on the launchpad, doing a test transfer of jeb from the interstellar expanded lab through a truss into an karibu module and it wont let me.  CLS popup says the module is full or internally unreachable and the mks truss is not highlighted at all.  CLS highlights parts based on what they can do, no highlighting means they dont effect crew.  I tried enabling the optional things in CLS and restarted my game but no change.

4 minutes ago, dboi88 said:

Both parts have CLS configs so they should be showing as being passable.

Maybe its my install then because mine shows no configs for CLS (dont get the cls info in the VAB).  Wanted to see if it was me/intended/accident before leaving something on git.  Thank you!

Edited by Temeriki
added a "Thank you"

Add the following to the config files of any parts that are impassable but should be:

Spoiler

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
        passable = true
    }

Edited by voicey99

8 minutes ago, Temeriki said:

Maybe its my install then because mine shows no configs for CLS (dont get the cls info in the VAB).  Wanted to see if it was me/intended/accident before leaving something on git.  Thank you!

The configs are there so it might be a CLS issue. The parts in question have multiple attachment nodes so it might be that CLS is not properly dealing with that.

6 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

Add the following to the config files of any parts that are impassable but should be:

Hide contents

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleConnectedLivingSpace
        passable = true
    }

As i said MKS ships with those configs included and they are there for the parts in question so this won't do anything to help.

Thank you! I looked up the CLS module manager configs and found that, but now im wondering if that module is intended to be surface attachable transfer and whatnot as well, which would be awsome if it is.  Basically im making the frame and base of my Kerbin Space Science station/fuel depot/materials storage depot (gonna store materials shipped in from minmus to transfer to ground and fuel up vehicles heading out).  Gonna try a fresh install of the usi suite and CLS and see if that fixes it cause my install doesnt have the CLS configs for lots of MKS modules.  I like to keep my mods "stock" makes updating easier, really sucks when you make mods to a mod and the mod updates and you forget what you specifically modified.....  

UPDATE 1: Alright, so I have both USI constellation and CLS unzipped in a folder by themselves, the truss only shows passable.  I wonder if the multinodes are effecting it, gonna try adding surface attach passable as well and see what happens.

UPDATE 2: So a fresh install of USI constellation (deleted all the folders), CLS, AND wiping my MM cache fixed it.  The truss now allows pass through from the end nodes, it allows pass through for the truss nodes for ranger modules (airlock, hab, ect), it did not allow pass through for docking nodes, it doesnt seem like they can snap to the truss nodes.  Any thoughts on maybe changing the trusses to allow surface attachment or adding other nodes to the truss nodes?

Edited by Temeriki
Update 2

5 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Konstruction is pretty integral to MKS since it is how you construct bases :)  It will also be where the Ground Construction integration takes place.  Trust me tho... you want Konstruction :D  For ground bases it's going to make it a lot easier to move things around and build harvesting rigs.  For orbital bases it's going to make station assembly a lot easier.

Thanks for the response. I love most of your mods, I just don't like the interdependencies. If I want to use one, I have to grab all of them.

USI life support (my favorite of the LS mods) is the only one I can use because it doesn't have many dependencies (just on Tools).

I am just personally not a fan of either USI Core or Konstruction. They don't fit my play style, but I really like the look of the parts in MKS.

I'll come back if I'm looking for something different. :-)

This is where I put my obligatory response.

I make these for me, and for my playstyle.  And while I am happy to share, I am going to optimize for my personal convenience (which includes interdependencies and bundling).  

Peace out.

1 minute ago, RoverDude said:

This is where I put my obligatory response.

I make these for me, and for my playstyle.  And while I am happy to share, I am going to optimize for my personal convenience (which includes interdependencies and bundling).  

Peace out.

Oh I understand that totally. I'm a modder for Space Engineers, and I make my mods for me first and foremost.

I meant no disrespect.

I'm having some issues with planetary logistics, and I'm not entirely sure what's a bug vs what's working as intended.

The main problem is that I'm trying to deploy a ranger habitat on a new Minmus mining base (my first disconnected expansion from my main base), and I can't get access to the 8000 material kits to do it.  I have plenty available (about 11k between local storage and planetary logistics, and I can shuffle things so that there's more than 8k in planetary logistics alone).  I'm reasonably certain that in the past I've been able to inflate modules using kits in planetary logistics, but I'm not sure on that (I've searched extensively, and been unable to find any documentation one way or the other).  In any event, I definitely can't do it now.  When I try, I just get the "missing resources, 8000 material kits" message.

So, assuming that not being able to inflate using planetary logistics is WAI, the problem is that there's no way for me to tell my local warehouses to pull in 8k kits, even though I have the space.  I even tried cheating them in with hyperedit, but when they get up to about 7k they just immediately dump the excess to planetary logistics, leaving me with 4.5k again.  I actually tried disconnecting the logistics module from the rest of the base first, but somehow the warehouses were still dumping to planetary logistics (Are they supposed to be able to do this within 150m?  I thought it required a direct connection to the logistics module.).

My base has:

1 duna pioneer/logistics module (piloted - and I've confirmed that I CAN draw from planetary logistics - just only up to 50% full).

1 ranger agriculture module (now deployed)

1 ranger hab module (not deployed)

2 2.5m stockalike kontainers set to material kits (so 9000 kit storage capacity)

plenty of electric charge

Edited by cthulhum
clarifying

39 minutes ago, realHuman said:

What would you say is the best way to get construction equipment like large cranes onto different planetary bodies? Is it more sensible to assemble once you're there or launch the whole thing pre-built?

It really depends on your play style. I always send things like that in the KIS Kontainers and assemble onsite.

48 minutes ago, cthulhum said:

I'm having some issues with planetary logistics, and I'm not entirely sure what's a bug vs what's working as intended.

The main problem is that I'm trying to deploy a ranger habitat on a new Minmus mining base (my first disconnected expansion from my main base), and I can't get access to the 8000 material kits to do it.  I have plenty available (about 11k between local storage and planetary logistics, and I can shuffle things so that there's more than 8k in planetary logistics alone).  I'm reasonably certain that in the past I've been able to inflate modules using kits in planetary logistics, but I'm not sure on that (I've searched extensively, and been unable to find any documentation one way or the other).  In any event, I definitely can't do it now.  When I try, I just get the "missing resources, 8000 material kits" message.

So, assuming that not being able to inflate using planetary logistics is WAI, the problem is that there's no way for me to tell my local warehouses to pull in 8k kits, even though I have the space.  I even tried cheating them in with hyperedit, but when they get up to about 7k they just immediately dump the excess to planetary logistics, leaving me with 4.5k again.  I actually tried disconnecting the logistics module from the rest of the base first, but somehow the warehouses were still dumping to planetary logistics (Are they supposed to be able to do this within 150m?  I thought it required a direct connection to the logistics module.).

My base has:

1 duna pioneer/logistics module (piloted - and I've confirmed that I CAN draw from planetary logistics - just only up to 50% full).

1 ranger agriculture module (now deployed)

1 ranger hab module (not deployed)

2 2.5m stockalike kontainers set to material kits (so 9000 kit storage capacity)

plenty of electric charge

You need to have 8000 material Kits available across any number of craft within 150m range in warehouse enabled storage. MaterialKits in PL don't count.

49 minutes ago, cthulhum said:

What do you mean by stockalike? are you using roverdudes Kontainers? if not they are probably not warehouse enabled and therefore cannot be used be the engineer. 

If they are you basically need to find a way of using the logistics rules to get 8000 kits out of PL.

If you can only get 8000 across two kontainers then you are going to need a small 3rd. You can disable warehouse on the two large kontainers and then transfer out of the small one into the two large ones. The small one will keep filling up from PL and the large ones won't dump with warehouse disabled.

@RoverDude I've just been running some tests on the runway with a pioneer module two and two empty kontainer modules for materialkits. If i decouple one and then hyperedit in materialkits they dissapear in chunks every 10 seconds into the kontainer still attached to the pioneer module until they are both 50% full.

Seems warehousing is turned on. . . . 

Re: cranes etc: On-site assembly can be handy, though I find attaching wheels and such a bit annoying (always seem to get something the wrong way 'round). I like to ship in the vehicle part fully-assembled so I can test it on the runway and be sure I'm sending something that can drive. If you're using the Konstruction parts, the PAL wheels will fold up rather nicely so it's not too difficult a launch package.

For magnets, winches, or klaws, you might as well just launch the whole thing. If it's a crane/forklift/grabber, dboi's KIS-assembly suggestion is excellent. Much easier to ship in a truck chassis and then put the crane on top than to try and ship a whole crane.

It's not resource leveling. It only does it with materialkits. No other resources i tested with the same set up transferred.

Here's a USI + Stock only save, There is a Kontainer on it's own on the runway full of material kits. There's a pioneer module with a Kontainer attached next to it. The material kits will slowly transfer over to the pioneer module kontainer until 50/50.

RoverDude,

Small feature request: Would it be possible to get some alternate textures for the LS containers that fit in better with an ISS-style station, and/or an MKS base? The current ones look like containers that would be stored inside a spacecraft, rather than compose part of the outside of one