[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

1 hour ago, the_real_Fluttershy said:

I did. and it still crashed. I even pulled out all my mods and just had that and still crashed. I followed install instructions but am I doing something wrong or ?

MKS works flawlessly on my 1.3.1 install. I did migrate my save from 1.3 though. I suspect a destructive mod interference of some kind. Does it work with just MKS?

How do you add the ground tethering function to other parts? I tried the following to add it to command pods:

Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]

{

%MODULE

{

name = USI_InertialDampener

}

{

What is wrong with that patch? I also tried it with :[FINAl] and putting it in a folder that loads before USITools, and neither would make it work.

10 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

[schnip]

Add tether to any command part that doesn't already have it.

The % in my patch is an add-or-replace, meaning it effectively only adds it to modules that don't have it already.

It might be more crude than your way but even if it didn't have it, it should still add the module to all non-MKS cmd pods (and duplicate on MKS ones?).

12 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

The % in my patch is an add-or-replace, meaning it effectively only adds it to modules that don't have it already.

It might be more crude than your way but even if it didn't have it, it should still add the module to all non-MKS cmd pods (and duplicate on MKS ones?).

But the %MODULE line has no HAS clause (implicit or otherwise) to tell MM what module it's supposed to conditionally edit/insert

An alternative syntax that's closer to your original would be:

Spoiler

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:FINAL
{
	&MODULE[USI_InertialDampener] {}
}

16 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

But the %MODULE line has no HAS clause (implicit or otherwise) to tell MM what module it's supposed to conditionally edit/insert

An alternative syntax that's closer to your original would be:

[schnip]

Hm, I'll try it out tomorrow. Also, I've never seen an ampersand in MM syntax before. Is it new?

41 minutes ago, DrDino said:

Can tac life support work

Yes it can.

Maybe try to ask more precisly what you want to know or better, search in this thread. There's a lot about MKS and TAC-LS "compatibility" here.

If you want full integration, then use USI-LS not TAC-LS.

Hi, I just downloaded the mod on my 1.3.1 install.

In the VAB I have a new tab with rovers and several parts (like Nuclear Reactors) are showing up where they should, but to see most of the MKS stuff itself (Duna Series, Tundra Series, Ranger Series, the constructor docking ports...) I have to view in filters like for resources (electrical), which makes it very inconvenient. I downloaded the mod again but the issue remains; I also tried to put the MKS folder unziped directly in my Gamedata folder, then put the gamedata folder in the gamedata folder and then merged it; only the last option showed parts in the filter, the others didn't work at all.

Any suggestions in how to make all the USI parts go where they should be?

Edited by Faustmouse

@Faustmouse Welcome to the forums. You need to get the latest version of USI Tools. It's slightly newer than the version bundled with MKS and fixes the missing custom categories problem.

When installing copy the files and folders from a mod zip's GameData folder into your KSP GameData folder (i.e. mks.zip/GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries folder becomes <KSP>/GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries)

I apologize.  Apparently I hadn't updated KSP in a few days and it caught the 1.3.1 update.  I guess even though the CKAN section says good up to 1.3.9 it was still limiting me to 1.3.0 for updates.  I just updated via steam and now CKAN is updating my mod list. 

Sorry to be a n00b user.. :)

Hmm, I've descovered that my log is being spammed by this thing:

(Filename:  Line: 97)

DragCubeSystem: Rendering procedural drag for PAL.Cradle250

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Starting the Dispatcher

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

It REALLY tanks my framerate when the base is loaded. 13 or so fps, almost unplayable. 

Output log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/apkjccr5gu5jdx5/output_log.txt?dl=0

Now I'm stuck with the Lifesupport System. Is USI-LS included in the MKS download? I have containers with supplies but my kerbals aren't consuming any. Also I don't see a button to check my kerbals Hab time etc. 

Solved! :) 

Edited by Faustmouse

1 hour ago, Faustmouse said:

Now I'm stuck with the Lifesupport System. Is USI-LS included in the MKS download? I have containers with supplies but my kerbals aren't consuming any. Also I don't see a button to check my kerbals Hab time etc. 

No

Can I have someone check something for me please?  I have an interaction I'd report as a possible bug, but I haven't gotten 1.3.1 to successfully load for me yet so I'm not sure if it's still an issue in the most recent versions.  It's also an interaction between two mods, which may or may not be something that matters long-term.  (Though note it likely affects Scott Manly's Galileo Conquest, as he's using both of the mods involved...)

With both MKS and Strategia installed, in Career mode activate one of the high-level profession focuses.  (I noticed it using Scientist III.)  Then go into the astronaut complex and you won't be able to see any Kerbals, or hire anyone.  I believe this is because both MKS and Strategia are trying to modify hiring at that point - the high-level profession bonuses mean that new Kerbals come in with more stars.