RoverDude

[1.7.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

Recommended Posts

Would need to check the code, but as I recall it was 150m for sharing hab, etc. - local logistics within 2km with a rover.  Planetary logistics for an entire planet, OrbLog if you want it in the same SOI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, what's the formula for calculating expected output of a drill if you know the percentage of the resource you're on? 

I can find the converter outputs and how it figures in engineer/miner experience, but not how it factors in for resource saturation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tsaven said:

Guys, what's the formula for calculating expected output of a drill if you know the percentage of the resource you're on? 

I can find the converter outputs and how it figures in engineer/miner experience, but not how it factors in for resource saturation.

https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/wiki/Functions-(Mining)

Quote

Drill output is determined by taking the percentage of the planetary efficiency multiplied by the local planetary percentage of that resource, multiplied by one per second, or 3600 per hour.

For example, if a MEU-100 Pulse Drill is configured for Gypsum in a biome with 2.5%, it will produce

100% * 3600 units per hour * 0.025 = 90 units of Gypsum per hour

 

Edited by adgriff2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LS/Efficiency part question:

I have an orbital base with 14? Kerbals on it. I have Agroponics running in the 3.75m Tundra Agriculture module. I have [Greenhouse] running in a hab ring. The hab ring is showing 99.99% load (not sure what this means) and the Agroponics is showing 69.**% load with both parts unmanned.

There is no change in the Agroponics load when i try these things:

  • Move a 4 star scientist into the agriculture module
  • Move a 4 star scientist into the hab ring
  • Turn off [Greenhouse] in the hab ring

Shouldn't the overall capacity of the agroponics increase (and the load % go down) when i do these things?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, adgriff2 said:

LS/Efficiency part question:

I have an orbital base with 14? Kerbals on it. I have Agroponics running in the 3.75m Tundra Agriculture module. I have [Greenhouse] running in a hab ring. The hab ring is showing 99.99% load (not sure what this means) and the Agroponics is showing 69.**% load with both parts unmanned.

There is no change in the Agroponics load when i try these things:

  • Move a 4 star scientist into the agriculture module
  • Move a 4 star scientist into the hab ring
  • Turn off [Greenhouse] in the hab ring

Shouldn't the overall capacity of the agroponics increase (and the load % go down) when i do these things?

I believe these checks only check to see if the kerbals are in the *ship*, not the part.  (Since there are some parts with those processes that don't have seats for Kerbals, and it reduces the total number of Kerbals required for large bases.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DStaal said:

I believe these checks only check to see if the kerbals are in the *ship*, not the part.  (Since there are some parts with those processes that don't have seats for Kerbals, and it reduces the total number of Kerbals required for large bases.)

That could explain moving the scientist around, but shouldn't turning off the [Greenhouse] in the hab ring affect agroponics load %?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, tsaven said:

Is there no more elegant way to accomplish this? 

It might not require every resource, but I haven't tested this yet. You could also place the distributor-enabled parts on all your bases if you wanted to take that approach.

48 minutes ago, adgriff2 said:

That could explain moving the scientist around, but shouldn't turning off the [Greenhouse] in the hab ring affect agroponics load %?

For an breakdown of what's currently influencing your load, you could try this MKS addon:

Edited by voicey99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

For an breakdown of what's currently influencing your load, you could try this MKS addon:

I was actually just looking at that. I'll try it out this evening.

 

Edit: Actually, it just occurred to me what might be going on. I was thinking that as efficiency/capacity increased then the definition of "100% loaded" changed with that capacity. But 100% isn't relative to current capacity, but relative to stock/reference capacity. The addition of an efficiency module doesn't change the definition of what 100% means, it just allows it to exceed 100%. Therefore, if I'm material limited, just because the module went from a max capacity of 100% to 200% doesn't mean my material limited usage of 69% will change... I need to confirm all this later by removing the material limitation.

Edited by adgriff2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, adgriff2 said:

Edit: Actually, it just occurred to me what might be going on. I was thinking that as efficiency/capacity increased then the definition of "100% loaded" changed with that capacity. But 100% isn't relative to current capacity, but relative to stock/reference capacity. The addition of an efficiency module doesn't change the definition of what 100% means, it just allows it to exceed 100%. Therefore, if I'm material limited, just because the module went from a max capacity of 100% to 200% doesn't mean my material limited usage of 69% will change... I need to confirm all this later by removing the material limitation.

Lack of Machinery could also be providing some limits(especially if the hab-ring did not have any).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Confirmed, agroponics was limited to 69% due to mulch generation rate & my misunderstanding that 100% load is relative to base capacity and not current capacity. My potential load with [greenhouse] off is 105% due to a lvl 4 scientist onboard, and ~2400% with [greenhouse] on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2018 at 10:29 PM, Goferek5 said:

Roverdude, I think you've messed up Ground construction files a bit. Using that blunded Ground Construction files DIY kits do not work but when i downloaded it from ground construstion site on this forum it worked.

P.S. Sorry for my english but it is not my native language. I hope you understand what I said.

That would be me who messed things up; it's my pull-request with these files. It's strange, though, as I put there the exact same files from the archive from SpaceDock as you have downloaded.

What exactly is not working? And could you please share the output-log.txt file (Player.log on linux/mac).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, williamhall531@gmail.com said:

I am wondering what mod a certain part is from. I don't exactly remember the name, But Its the large spacecraft command pod 

Giant pod is probably the Orca from FTT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question 1: Wiki comments on Scientist:

Quote

However, with a scientist on board i'm only getting ~5% load. MKS Explainer says the Ranger smelter benefits from the ConverterSkill, not the ScienceSkill as the wiki says. Which is correct?

Question 2: I have 2 disconnected drilling platforms less than 150m apart. One has an engineer and one is has a scientist. The engineer one has a much higher load than the scientist one. However, when I connect them they both seem to benefit from the engineer. Is this working as intended? I thought crew efficiency bonuses should work within 150m for disconnected structures.

Edit: Question 3: I've got 2 Duna Kerbitat modules both manned. Whenever I reload a save or switch out and back to something outside simulation range the habitat's stop running. Recyclers stay running. Habitat on a nearby ranger mini-hab stays running. Switching to nearby hulls doesn't turn them off. But hit F5 then F9 and they turn off. Is this a bug? Hab time says ~170 days with running then ~60 days after reloading. Turning them back on goes back to ~170 days.

Edited by adgriff2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@adgriff2 I am no expert but I will give you my best guess answers to your questions. Perhaps someone else will be able to be a bit more definitive in answering you?

Q1. I think the wiki should be saying that ScienceSkill is only a bonus for Crushers and Smelters when they are configured specifically as an efficiency module (i.e. [Smelter] & [Crusher] modes) for use only in assisting a more advanced Crusher/Smelter/s. When they are actually crushing or smelting some resource then it doesn't apply and you need an Engineer (or - not sure now - maybe a Technician?). 

Q2. I think habitation and efficiency parts work disconnected but not crew skill bonuses. I love the idea however and have long time wished for it. I tend to build small science outposts rather than big efforts at Kolonization. The mod is really aimed at big crews with lots of skills mix available (and more kerbal offspring on the way).

Q3. I am guessing a bug but it likely is not an MKS bug. I am going crazy at the moment with a bug that causes a bizarre switching of the local biome identity whenever I reload a save or switch out and back to something outside simulation range, as you describe. Upon loading my Duna base it reports being in the highlands, lowlands, midlands all in very rapid succession until finally it recognises that it is really in the polar region and settles. What?!?! Meanwhile most of my drills seem to be deciding the resource is not present in some biomes or not landed or something and they stop :mad:.  - I am fairly sure its not MKS and before someone says it, the WorldStabilizer mod doesn't help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kaa253 Thanks!

That makes sense regarding Q1 albeit a bit confusing wording on the wiki.

That's also disappointing regarding Q2 that crew composition depends on connectedness of the base. It seems like MKS is going for zero penalty for disconnected (but nearby) base structures. I hope the skills of nearby kerbals gets counted in a future update to keep with the spirit of disconnected bases.

Regarding Q3, I would agree your issue doesn't seem to be MKS related. But I think (some) habitats turning off on reload (while recyclers/drills/converters stay running) seems more like an MKS (or at least USI-LS) issue because it's limited to the habitation mechanic. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Edited by adgriff2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an issue where the game freezes, not crashing, when I come within simulation range of my minmus base. Few seconds of KSP.log leading up to the freeze:

Spoiler

[LOG 20:10:38.771] [MechJeb2] Loading Mechjeb 2.7.3
[LOG 20:10:38.782] ScaleModList: listSize 779 maxListSize 1119
[LOG 20:10:38.901] [MechJeb2] Loading Mechjeb 2.7.3
[LOG 20:10:39.468] [MinerMetals]: landed - waiting for ground contact to resume physics...
[LOG 20:10:39.795] [EngineLight] Detected and activating for engine: (MKS.SkyCrane)
[LOG 20:10:40.075] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:40.102] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:40.130] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:40.157] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:40.322] Vessel situation changed, refreshing life support
[LOG 20:10:40.389] ScaleModList: listSize 779 maxListSize 1119
[LOG 20:10:40.460] [MechJeb2] Loading Mechjeb 2.7.3
[LOG 20:10:40.471] ScaleModList: listSize 779 maxListSize 1119
[LOG 20:10:40.669] [MinerFert]: landed - waiting for ground contact to resume physics...
[LOG 20:10:40.739] [MechJeb2] Loading Mechjeb 2.7.3
[LOG 20:10:40.963] [MinerChemicals]: landed - waiting for ground contact to resume physics...
[LOG 20:10:40.979] [DIY Debris]: landed - waiting for ground contact to resume physics...
[LOG 20:10:41.523] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:41.552] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:41.580] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:41.608] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:42.229] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:42.256] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:42.284] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:42.311] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:42.338] [EngineLight] Detected and activating for engine: (TPdecoupler2m (DIY Debris))
[LOG 20:10:42.605] Vessel situation changed, refreshing life support
[EXC 20:10:42.605] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    USITools.ModuleStabilization.FixedUpdate ()
[LOG 20:10:42.605] Vessel situation changed, refreshing life support
[EXC 20:10:42.605] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    USITools.ModuleStabilization.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 20:10:42.724] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    USITools.ModuleStabilization.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 20:10:42.724] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    USITools.ModuleStabilization.FixedUpdate ()
[LOG 20:10:42.734] ScaleModList: listSize 779 maxListSize 1119
[LOG 20:10:42.932] DragCubeSystem: Rendering procedural drag for Duna.Kerbitat
[LOG 20:10:43.010] [FlightIntegrator]: Vessel MinerMetals has been unloaded 12385.2835428659, applying analytic temperature 271.651487817658
[LOG 20:10:43.390] [MechJeb2] Loading Mechjeb 2.7.3
[LOG 20:10:43.401] ScaleModList: listSize 779 maxListSize 1119
[LOG 20:10:43.619] OnLoad(Core) Loading docked info from save...
[LOG 20:10:43.622] OnLoad(Core) Loading docked info from save...
[LOG 20:10:43.780] OnLoad(Core) Loading docked info from save...
[LOG 20:10:43.783] OnLoad(Core) Loading docked info from save...
[LOG 20:10:43.871] [Hub]: landed - waiting for ground contact to resume physics...
[LOG 20:10:43.933] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:43.962] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:43.989] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:44.017] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:44.088] Found 5 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:44.224] OnLoad(Core) Part already docked to MKS Kerbitrail(tm) FlexOTube
[LOG 20:10:44.224] OnStart(strut) Docked strut detected from save, relinking...
[LOG 20:10:44.253] OnLoad(Core) Part already docked to MKS Kerbitrail(tm) FlexOTube
[LOG 20:10:44.593] [OSE] - KIS is available - Initialize Workshop
[LOG 20:10:44.593] [OSE] - 3 inventories found on this vessel!
[LOG 20:10:44.593] [OSE] - Max volume is: 500 liters
[LOG 20:10:44.608] OnLoad(Core) Part already docked to MKS Kerbitrail(tm) FlexOTube
[LOG 20:10:44.608] OnStart(strut) Docked strut detected from save, relinking...
[LOG 20:10:44.635] OnLoad(Core) Part already docked to MKS Kerbitrail(tm) FlexOTube
[LOG 20:10:44.870] Vessel situation changed, refreshing life support
[LOG 20:10:44.934] Swapping Resources..
[LOG 20:10:44.934] Swapping Resources..
[LOG 20:10:44.935] Swapping Resources..

@RoverDude Are those null reference exceptions in USITools critical or is something else causing it?

Edited by adgriff2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, adgriff2 said:

I have an issue where the game freezes, not crashing, when I come within simulation range of my minmus base. Few seconds of KSP.log leading up to the freeze:

  Reveal hidden contents

[LOG 20:10:38.771] [MechJeb2] Loading Mechjeb 2.7.3
[LOG 20:10:38.782] ScaleModList: listSize 779 maxListSize 1119
[LOG 20:10:38.901] [MechJeb2] Loading Mechjeb 2.7.3
[LOG 20:10:39.468] [MinerMetals]: landed - waiting for ground contact to resume physics...
[LOG 20:10:39.795] [EngineLight] Detected and activating for engine: (MKS.SkyCrane)
[LOG 20:10:40.075] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:40.102] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:40.130] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:40.157] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:40.322] Vessel situation changed, refreshing life support
[LOG 20:10:40.389] ScaleModList: listSize 779 maxListSize 1119
[LOG 20:10:40.460] [MechJeb2] Loading Mechjeb 2.7.3
[LOG 20:10:40.471] ScaleModList: listSize 779 maxListSize 1119
[LOG 20:10:40.669] [MinerFert]: landed - waiting for ground contact to resume physics...
[LOG 20:10:40.739] [MechJeb2] Loading Mechjeb 2.7.3
[LOG 20:10:40.963] [MinerChemicals]: landed - waiting for ground contact to resume physics...
[LOG 20:10:40.979] [DIY Debris]: landed - waiting for ground contact to resume physics...
[LOG 20:10:41.523] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:41.552] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:41.580] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:41.608] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:42.229] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:42.256] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:42.284] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:42.311] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:42.338] [EngineLight] Detected and activating for engine: (TPdecoupler2m (DIY Debris))
[LOG 20:10:42.605] Vessel situation changed, refreshing life support
[EXC 20:10:42.605] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    USITools.ModuleStabilization.FixedUpdate ()
[LOG 20:10:42.605] Vessel situation changed, refreshing life support
[EXC 20:10:42.605] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    USITools.ModuleStabilization.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 20:10:42.724] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    USITools.ModuleStabilization.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 20:10:42.724] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    USITools.ModuleStabilization.FixedUpdate ()
[LOG 20:10:42.734] ScaleModList: listSize 779 maxListSize 1119
[LOG 20:10:42.932] DragCubeSystem: Rendering procedural drag for Duna.Kerbitat
[LOG 20:10:43.010] [FlightIntegrator]: Vessel MinerMetals has been unloaded 12385.2835428659, applying analytic temperature 271.651487817658
[LOG 20:10:43.390] [MechJeb2] Loading Mechjeb 2.7.3
[LOG 20:10:43.401] ScaleModList: listSize 779 maxListSize 1119
[LOG 20:10:43.619] OnLoad(Core) Loading docked info from save...
[LOG 20:10:43.622] OnLoad(Core) Loading docked info from save...
[LOG 20:10:43.780] OnLoad(Core) Loading docked info from save...
[LOG 20:10:43.783] OnLoad(Core) Loading docked info from save...
[LOG 20:10:43.871] [Hub]: landed - waiting for ground contact to resume physics...
[LOG 20:10:43.933] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:43.962] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:43.989] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:44.017] Found 1 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:44.088] Found 5 overheatable modules
[LOG 20:10:44.224] OnLoad(Core) Part already docked to MKS Kerbitrail(tm) FlexOTube
[LOG 20:10:44.224] OnStart(strut) Docked strut detected from save, relinking...
[LOG 20:10:44.253] OnLoad(Core) Part already docked to MKS Kerbitrail(tm) FlexOTube
[LOG 20:10:44.593] [OSE] - KIS is available - Initialize Workshop
[LOG 20:10:44.593] [OSE] - 3 inventories found on this vessel!
[LOG 20:10:44.593] [OSE] - Max volume is: 500 liters
[LOG 20:10:44.608] OnLoad(Core) Part already docked to MKS Kerbitrail(tm) FlexOTube
[LOG 20:10:44.608] OnStart(strut) Docked strut detected from save, relinking...
[LOG 20:10:44.635] OnLoad(Core) Part already docked to MKS Kerbitrail(tm) FlexOTube
[LOG 20:10:44.870] Vessel situation changed, refreshing life support
[LOG 20:10:44.934] Swapping Resources..
[LOG 20:10:44.934] Swapping Resources..
[LOG 20:10:44.935] Swapping Resources..

@RoverDude Are those null reference exceptions in USITools critical or is something else causing it?

You haven't giving much to go on so it may be hard to answer your question without seeing the entire log because, for example, no one knows what mods and versions you have installed.  I suggest you post the whole file and a screen shot of your GameData directory to a sharing service, such as Dropbox or Google Drive, and post the link(s) here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2018 at 12:13 PM, adgriff2 said:

That's also disappointing regarding Q2 that crew composition depends on connectedness of the base. It seems like MKS is going for zero penalty for disconnected (but nearby) base structures. I hope the skills of nearby kerbals gets counted in a future update to keep with the spirit of disconnected bases.

Remember that Pilots skills are applicable to all vessels within the 150m range and bigger with rovers, without consideration of connectivity

With the other crew skills, I'm kinda glad they don't apply to anything other than the current vessel. Things can get out of control really easily when you start earning crew and Kolonization bonuses. So I'll move crew out of vessels where they boost output to vessels where they don't, just to prevent power and heat issues. Also, I believe another objective is to give the kerbals something to do, for people who like having a large kerbal population.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone clear up the mystery of auto-leveling local warehouses.

As far as I know I just need 2 warehouses with the same type of content and a rover (testing with Karibou cockpit) with a pilot. This should balance out all warehouses in range, in my testing on the launchsite this seems to no longer work. Test setup:

Fhe8IYOt.png BokNtOtt.png yL0NN9Gt.png

What is the magic clue that I am missing ?

Edited by invultri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Brigadier said:

You haven't giving much to go on so it may be hard to answer your question without seeing the entire log because, for example, no one knows what mods and versions you have installed.  I suggest you post the whole file and a screen shot of your GameData directory to a sharing service, such as Dropbox or Google Drive, and post the link(s) here.

It happened 3 times having to alt-f4 the game 3 times. I started collecting the data you suggested, but I thought of trying a full reboot. This seems to have resolved the issue for now. If it crops up again, I'll collect this data before posting. Thanks!

5 hours ago, Gilph said:

Remember that Pilots skills are applicable to all vessels within the 150m range and bigger with rovers, without consideration of connectivity

With the other crew skills, I'm kinda glad they don't apply to anything other than the current vessel. Things can get out of control really easily when you start earning crew and Kolonization bonuses. So I'll move crew out of vessels where they boost output to vessels where they don't, just to prevent power and heat issues. Also, I believe another objective is to give the kerbals something to do, for people who like having a large kerbal population.

Good point about just giving kerbals something to do if you prefer that playstyle. But if you're just doing it to reduce heat and power consumption, isn't lowering the governor a more direct way of doing the same thing?

Edited by adgriff2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, invultri said:

Could someone clear up the mystery of auto-leveling local warehouses.

As far as I know I just need 2 warehouses with the same type of content and a rover (testing with Karibou cockpit) with a pilot. This should balance out all warehouses in range, in my testing on the launchsite this seems to no longer work. Test setup:

Fhe8IYOt.png BokNtOtt.png yL0NN9Gt.png

What is the magic clue that I am missing ?

First off, it doesn't balance out all warehouses in range - it fills them as needed, but nothing says they'll all have equal amounts.

And the clue you're missing is that something has to *need* the resource.  It's pull, not push.  The only consumers you have there are the Kerbals themselves, so the only thing that would get pulled is Supplies.  (And Supplies follows a slightly different mechanic.)  If you have a converter, it should pull what it needs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DStaal said:

First off, it doesn't balance out all warehouses in range - it fills them as needed, but nothing says they'll all have equal amounts.

And the clue you're missing is that something has to *need* the resource.  It's pull, not push.  The only consumers you have there are the Kerbals themselves, so the only thing that would get pulled is Supplies.  (And Supplies follows a slightly different mechanic.)  If you have a converter, it should pull what it needs. 

Ok that makes sense. Is there a way to load up a landed vessel with the exotics without actively docking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.