RoverDude

[1.7.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

Recommended Posts

Hey all, I'm relatively new to game modding and only been playing ksp a few months. I'm having an issue with USI-LS or USI-MKS. Ive spent the last week of my free time removing mods one by one and reloading the game trying to figure out whats going on.    the issue I'm having is USI-LS is not working. all the parts are present but no supplies are consumed or mulch produced. when I load into the VAB or SPH I see the Icon for the mod load in and then vanish as the other icons load on that tool bar. I have gone through and re-downloaded the latest versions and manually put them in the game data folder and gone as far as re downloading ksp from scratch 3 times so far. I'm starting to wonder if 1.7.2 or 1.7.3 have a compatibility issue that wont let them run some of the USI stuff.  Any thoughts?

PS: A reminder that I am new to modding and I am unsure what I will need to do to pull up a 'game log' or anything else to show data. So you will need to provide a simple walk-through on how to pull up what data you need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@PistolPete2525 Start simple, have you turned all the modules on if I remember correctly all the life support parts start off on launch pad to save in EC. 

You need to right click on each part and turn them on for them to work. 

Mans further to that once they are on you need enough EC for them to keep

running 

Edited by Kwarazi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

with global construction and this mod - what part do you use to create the DIY kits in SITU? Specifically which part adds the "assembly line" functionality. 

Edited by halx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, halx said:

with global construction and this mod - what part do you use to create the DIY kits in SITU? Specifically which part adds the "assembly line" functionality. 

There is a specific assembly line part in Global construction, RD saw no need to duplicate it when Allista has made a perfectly good model for this functionality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Terwin said:

There is a specific assembly line part in Global construction, RD saw no need to duplicate it when Allista has made a perfectly good model for this functionality.

so its ok to install Global Construction alongside MKS - there will be no conflicts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, halx said:

so its ok to install Global Construction alongside MKS - there will be no conflicts?

There should not be any conflicts between Roverdude's USI collection and Allista's Ground construction.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i noticed that when using the DIY kits only material kits are required. Specialized parts are not is this normal whilst having global construction installed? (my main goal is to be able to make the DIY kits in-situ)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, halx said:

i noticed that when using the DIY kits only material kits are required. Specialized parts are not is this normal whilst having global construction installed? (my main goal is to be able to make the DIY kits in-situ)

IIRC, creating a DIYkit offworld requires SpecializedParts.  Once you have the DIYKit, assembling it into the actual spacecraft requires only MaterialKits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Terwin said:

There should not be any conflicts between Roverdude's USI collection and Allista's Ground construction.

In fact, GC-Core is a USI-MKS dependency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought this was good advice for what is my first MKS-USI/LS game:

I feel overwhelmed... I try to make a base, and it seems I just need so many different parts!
Start small.  Start with just a habitation module or two and ship in supplies.  Then add some agroponics and ship in fertilizer.

Oops.

Spoiler

I had a contract that said launch a space station at Kerbin, saying to have room for four Kerbals and a science module.

I misread that to say "room for 209 Kerbals, every science module made, massive resources, full orbital Construction facility, 6 workshops, 2000EC in solar panels and 8 nuclear reactors."

It was an honest mistake.

2E7D2YK.png

90a8UL2.png

lyff9JD.png

Actually not quite done, the workshops and the Construction Orbital Assembly Line go up next, and then she'll be full operational.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, now is it just me or it is not possible to connect flex-o-tubes together? I don't see a "link" option where it was couple of versions ago. I've applied a patch for electric sockets (for SEP) and those work fine. (Tested on KSP 1.7.0)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a patch in the MKS develop branch that should sort this.  Compiling stuff for release by the weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RoverDude said:

There's a patch in the MKS develop branch that should sort this.  Compiling stuff for release by the weekend.

Might this be the long awaited WOLF and domes release, or primarily a hot-fix for changes to other mods?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2019 at 9:38 AM, Terwin said:

Might this be the long awaited WOLF and domes release, or primarily a hot-fix for changes to other mods?

God i hope its WOLF, i will throw every other mod i use out an airlock to get my hands on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/6/2019 at 1:50 AM, RoverDude said:

There's a patch in the MKS develop branch that should sort this.  Compiling stuff for release by the weekend.

I was planning on being productive and doing useful adult things this weekend, but you may have thwarted that.

Edited by tsaven

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This one will be a patch mostly to get the KAS stuff in, with wolf pre release to follow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I set out to make a home-time setter that could take a crew of 50 and set their home time to around four years. Oops. Meet the RK-I Hometimerizer.

I'm very amused at this, I have a functional rover with a hab time of 1200 years :)

0HZoalTl.png

 

After testing, there seems to be an upper limit, I tested it with 15 crew and all of them said their home time was infinite. I don't remember seeing that in the docs, what is the rollover value?

Edited by vossiewulf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vossiewulf said:

After testing, there seems to be an upper limit, I tested it with 15 crew and all of them said their home time was infinite. I don't remember seeing that in the docs, what is the rollover value?

If I remember correctly, when kerbals are on kerbin or in a hab that provides 50+ years of hab-time for the current crew, they will not grow home-sick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep!  Past 50 years and you won the habitation lottery :D

Also in case you guys did not notice, everything is 1.7.x now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Except the thread title :sticktongue:

*nudge nudge*

If I did that, people would run out of things to complain about :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Poodmund said:

Except the thread title :sticktongue:

*nudge nudge*

True USI fans monitor the github and don't even pay attention to the thread titles. :sticktongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite is that he updated the mod on SpaceDock - but *didn't* update the version it's for.  So unless the current version runs under 1.3, *everything* on the version is wrong on SpaceDock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, DStaal said:

My favorite is that he updated the mod on SpaceDock - but *didn't* update the version it's for.  So unless the current version runs under 1.3, *everything* on the version is wrong on SpaceDock.

Whoops!

My updates are all done via a bunch of Python, the rub being that sometimes new versions of KSP are out before the sites update their dropdown lists so I have to do these manually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.