[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

10 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

I believe resource abundance is tied to your save's resource seed, and I think the only way to change abundance is to change the resource seed (which will change all resources). If you want to go ahead, it's the GameSeed parameter under RESOURCE_SETTINGS. From the lack of a relevant parameter in the cfg, I don't think you can change the min abundance the drills can mine-but even if you could, when there isn't any, there isn't any.

In my head, that means I won't be able to mine Karborundum anywhere on Eve, which doesn't seem believable. I'd very much prefer not to change anything, and just find the right spot on the planet, but if anywhere I go, I'll be met with "nothing to harvest", there doesn't seem to be much of a point to it.

4 hours ago, Gilph said:

Is there a cheaty, persistence file editing way to set the Kolozination statistics?  I was looking to set it very high in a test sandbox install to test things like power and cooling on new designs, so I know they will work in the career save?

Yes you can add an entry:

SCENARIO
        {
                name = KolonizationScenario
                scene = 5, 7, 6
                KOLONIZATION
                {
                        KOLONY_ENTRY
                        {
                                BodyIndex = 5
                                VesselId = e1d897bb-fe70-46df-8868-ad2065f4e9b4
                                LastUpdate = 2653597.2152637248
                                KolonyDate = 2653346.3856445421
                                GeologyResearch = 25000000
                                BotanyResearch = 4000000
                                KolonizationResearch = 1000000
                                Science = 0
                                Rep = 0
                                Funds = 0
                        }
                }
        }

Use a random prerefably non-existing vessel ID. The body index of course has to be the one you want to boost.

Then, the game calculates, for example (assuming unchanged settings): 25000000 ==square_root==> 5000 ==divide_by_10000 ==> 0.5 ==add_1==> 1.5 = 150% Geology research

Do the obvious inverse to find out how much you need to write to get a given % research.

15 hours ago, RoverDude said:

I don't care what people prefer... (I prefer manual installations for a multitude of reasons).  What I do care about is when people keep asking the same question and clogging the thread due to a CKAN issue (in this case, a pull request that has been sitting around for days....), and also care when people can't be bothered to spend a minute to manually install a mod.

Just say in the OP:

Spoiler

CKAN IS NOT SUPPORTED. DO NOT PESTER ME ABOUT CKAN NOT WORKING. IF CKAN ISN'T WORKING, INSTALL IT MANUALLY FOLKS! ASKING FOR CKAN WILL BE MET WITH DISPLEASURE AND GENERAL NOT-BEING-LIKED-NESS.

And yes, it's HUGE (like your giant habitation rings!).

Anyways, I love this kolony/planetbase mod and I hope to see more (and the Karibou is awesome, despite not fitting in cargo bays) One feature that'd be great is a duna-series uraninite centrifuge!

So... today was a design day.

Some new code in the works, including full support for automated interplanetary transfers.

So you could have a mining operation on Ike that fed resources to a factory on Duna, and have both supplied with machinery from Minmus.  Without ever having to swap vessels to play catch-up.

We'll see how quickly I can knock this out :D

2 minutes ago, TDplay said:

Anyways, I love this kolony/planetbase mod and I hope to see more (and the Karibou is awesome, despite not fitting in cargo bays) One feature that'd be great is a duna-series uraninite centrifuge!

Log a Github issue :)

Just now, RoverDude said:

So... today was a design day.

Some new code in the works, including full support for automated interplanetary transfers.

So you could have a mining operation on Ike that fed resources to a factory on Duna, and have both supplied with machinery from Minmus.  Without ever having to swap vessels to play catch-up.

We'll see how quickly I can knock this out :D

I am lost for words. It's amazing. I never imagined that possible!

Just a heads up tho... such goodies are going to be tied directly to achieving appropriate kolony reward levels :wink:

So a rehash of the plan I covered months ago is that you start small (life support, shipping in stuff).  Build up to a certain level of self sufficiency (optional... your other choice is lots of launches), and your capstone reward is a highly automated colony.

On 2/27/2017 at 7:30 PM, RoverDude said:

Log a Github issue

Ok. I'll make a GitHub account and log an issue to request duna-series nuke processing plants. I'm still all confused about how you can make automated interplanetary ships, but hey - you're from Squad, you know what you're doing, I'm the level 1 modder, you're the level 9001 modder! (it's over 9000 is overused :blush:)

Edit: I suggested processing plants, not reactors!

Edited by TDplay

tbh, as much as I want to see new featured things inside MKS I'd love to see bugfixes prior to new stuffs, but regardless of that I'm sorta intimidated by the current update-hell and can't properly play so I paused my career game while waiting on things settled

nonetheless ty for your work

The MPU additions are nearly done as well, but there's one issue with the 3.75m I can't seem to work out-it's loading ModuleCoreHeat properly, but doesn't seem to be loading the TemperatureModifer/ThermalEfficiency sections. This is puzzling, since they're just raised versions of the numbers for the functional 2.5m, the heating part on which works just fine. This makes me wish the output_log still worked, since I can't find anything in the main log to explain why it wouldn't be working.

Just now, LatiMacciato said:

tbh, as much as I want to see new featured things inside MKS I'd love to see bugfixes prior to new stuffs, but regardless of that I'm sorta intimidated by the current update-hell and can't properly play so I paused my career game while waiting on things settled

nonetheless ty for your work

The best way to see bugfixes is to log a github issue and attach a save.

1 minute ago, voicey99 said:

The MPU additions are nearly done as well, but there's one issue with the 3.75m I can't seem to work out-it's loading ModuleCoreHeat properly, but doesn't seem to be loading the TemperatureModifer/ThermalEfficiency sections. This is puzzling, since they're just raised versions of the numbers for the functional 2.5m, the heating part on which works just fine. This makes me wish the output_log still worked, since I can't find anything in the main log to explain why it wouldn't be working.

What exactly is it doing?

13 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

What exactly is it doing?

...I just realised. I forgot to put GeneratesHeat = true in. Derp.:blush:

...And ModuleOverheatDisplay. I really need to proofread my syntax more. It's also why I test stuff before PRing it.

Edited by voicey99

1 hour ago, LatiMacciato said:

that's totally correct and I did that already here, here and here

.. as I said already --> ty for your work regardless!

I must admit I'm a bit afraid of updating too, but the issues you linked to are hardly game breaking :) 

What are the known (big) problems with current release ?

And now the heat key curve on the 2.5m is behaving pretty strangely. If I have a curve of:

Spoiler

TemperatureModifier
        {
            key = 0 50000
            key = 500 25000
            key = 1000 5000
            key = 1500 2500
            key = 2000 500
            key = 3000 0
        }

then it heats up as expected, but as it climbs it instead suddenly grinds to a halt and stops rising altogether at 564.24K-not even putting it into extremely low orbit around Kerbol makes the temperature go above that. However, if the second key is set to 10000 instead of 25000:

Spoiler

TemperatureModifier
        {
            key = 0 50000
            key = 500 10000
            key = 1000 5000
            key = 1500 2500
            key = 2000 500
            key = 3000 0
        }

then it's much slower to start up but does not jam at that critical temperature and heats as normal until cooling kicks in at 1kK. If the 2.5m heating up slowly is fine by you, then its done.

6 minutes ago, TauPhraim said:

I must admit I'm a bit afraid of updating too, but the issues you linked to are hardly game breaking :) 

What are the known (big) problems with current release ?

mostly understanding and figuring everything. especially if english is not your main language you really have a hard time figuring explict slang and/or specific science babble.

i just wanted to point out there are still issues that need to be fixed, but new stuff is beeing implented prior to fixing which is sad.

anyways .. that's just my 2 cents and nvm me if you don't like my opinion.

MKS is a great mod, I just don't want it to become a serious hell instead of having fun with it.

cheers

EDIT: oh and @RoverDude I'm not a guinea-pig, neither a native that is restless. (I might just don't get your sense of humor)

Edited by LatiMacciato

19 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

mostly understanding and figuring everything. especially if english is not your main language you really have a hard time figuring explict slang and/or specific science babble.

i just wanted to point out there are still issues that need to be fixed, but new stuff is beeing implented prior to fixing which is sad.

anyways .. that's just my 2 cents and nvm me if you don't like my opinion.

MKS is a great mod, I just don't want it to become a serious hell instead of having fun with it.

cheers

EDIT: oh and @RoverDude I'm not a guinea-pig, neither a native that is restless. (I might just don't get your sense of humor)

To be fair, it is entirely possible issues have been fixed, just not flagged as such in github.  Or in some cases no longer matter.  For example your first issue linked deals with EL config stuff and since Roverdude is/has depricated that it may not be something he would bother fixing at this point.

2 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

To be fair, it is entirely possible issues have been fixed, just not flagged as such in github.  Or in some cases no longer matter.  For example your first issue linked deals with EL config stuff and since Roverdude is/has depricated that it may not be something he would bother fixing at this point.

MKS v0.50.17 still contains EL cfg's .. also I doubt the Tundra refinery is beeing depreciated, neither the silicon production (incl. button).
ok it's functioning tho, so fair enough.

This shouldn't sound like a complaint .. it's rather critics.

As I said already, I'm kinda intimidated to update, unsure how to handle things because MKS is giving me more a hard time rather than having fun (including suggesting/discussing/reporting bugs) except manual updating and take things as they float/come.

I really wish MKS is becoming a set of things that speads fun using it for anyone who enjoys having things easy in KSP (yes I mean the disconected bases idea, really enjoy building these!).

Nuclear fuel and nuclear waste containers:

I can't seem to transfer the contents of these items anymore.  Vessel selected, engineer on board, cant' transfer through right click menu like normal fuel.

engineer on eva gets no right click options on the tanks.

What am I missing?

I have not updated to the release from a few days ago, in case that's relevant.

41 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

@Baladain - You don't right click on the tanks, you right click on the place you want the contents to go (i.e. to perform maintenance on - in this case, a reactor).

@RoverDude If I want to take enriched uranium from a nuclear processor, put it on a vessel, and then transport it to a distant base, is there no way to do that?  Do I have to KAS move a full canister onto my transport vessel?

Same goes for bringing depleted fuel back from said remote base for reprocessing?