[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

1 minute ago, Laythe Dweller said:

So only that huge thing can produce water? Wow.

You can mine it directly with the MKS drills, provided it's present. You can also get it with the Ventral Ocean Extractor from Karbonite and maybe some of the atmo extractors.

Edited by voicey99

7 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Obvious questions... what KSP version, what MKS version, and does it replicate in a clean MKS install where it is installed from GitHub?  

KSP 1.2.2

MKS 0.50.17

NO replication

In fact RCS Sounds mod was in my GameData folder, even though I spent an hour looking through every mod back-up I have and cannot find it bundled with any of them and I'm sure I didn't download it - not my kind of mod - not in my back-up folder either. 

Still unsure why it would be spamming under these conditions, but removing it seems to have fixed the issue, and potentially a few more.

Thanks for everyone's polite assistance.

1 minute ago, Laythe Dweller said:

So only that huge thing can produce water? Wow.

To add to what @voicey99 said.  Readily available captive water (And by that, we're not talking lakes and streams of the stuff...)  can be retrieved with just a drill.   To extract trace amounts out of rocks is a more involved and advanced process.

2 minutes ago, Laythe Dweller said:

There's 0% water on Duna except for at the poles... Bug?

Nope. It only has a 20% chance of being present in each biome and even then in small amounts, but the Dunaean poles are deliberately set to have tonnes of the stuff.

I am trying to look into how Kolony Growth works, but I cannot seem to find anything more than the button on the 3.75m Colonization module.

Is there somewhere I should look, or is this something that has not yet been described in detail?

Note: I have 3 of the modules on a base with over 20 Kolonists (most 3 stars) , a Scientist, Engineer, and Pilot(all 3 stars).

I also have plenty of Colony supplies(14 years of hab-time) being produced and an Akademy, so any kerblings should be well provided for, but I have no idea how/when they will be coming.

Also, it seems like the Akademy does not work for Kolonists.  It worked fine for the Engineers I sent up, but those 1 star Kolonists do not seem interested in training(they are loaded into the academy along with a 3 star)  Is this intentional?  Is it the same for other types?

9 minutes ago, Terwin said:

I am trying to look into how Kolony Growth works, but I cannot seem to find anything more than the button on the 3.75m Colonization module.

Is there somewhere I should look, or is this something that has not yet been described in detail?

Note: I have 3 of the modules on a base with over 20 Kolonists (most 3 stars) , a Scientist, Engineer, and Pilot(all 3 stars).

I also have plenty of Colony supplies(14 years of hab-time) being produced and an Akademy, so any kerblings should be well provided for, but I have no idea how/when they will be coming.

Also, it seems like the Akademy does not work for Kolonists.  It worked fine for the Engineers I sent up, but those 1 star Kolonists do not seem interested in training(they are loaded into the academy along with a 3 star)  Is this intentional?  Is it the same for other types?

- Enable Kolony Growth.
- Activate the module.
- Ensure there's crew capacity available in the module.
- Ensure you have at least one male and one female Kerbal in your base.
- Wait 450 days.

6 minutes ago, Laythe Dweller said:

So after I 3D print something in the Ranger Workshop (using the OSE workshop mod), where does the part appear? I've checked all inventory parts on my base, but I don't see the drill I made.

It will pop up in attached KIS storage.  If it is not, check in the OSE Workshop thread

1 hour ago, TauPhraim said:

This would free some room/name in the interface, should a governor be added for converters. (though I must say "governor" is not the best of names to me, it makes me think of a person :) But I'm not native english speaker).

A "governor" is also a kind of device. They were first used on early steam engines; here is a typical one.

http://files.ozblogistan.com.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2012/05/17115905/opfocus_v12_s6_p1_750.jpeg

This is a centrifugal governor (although the word describes the device's purpose, not its method of operation); the central shaft spins with the engine, and as it spins faster the balls move outwards and upwards from centrifugal force overcoming gravity. As they do so, the other end of rocking shaft off to the left moves down restricting the flow of steam to the engine, and it cannot thrash itself to death because as revolutions rise input power falls.

The mechanical sense of the word is derived from the word for people who govern, of course.

31 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

- Enable Kolony Growth.
- Activate the module.
- Ensure there's crew capacity available in the module.
- Ensure you have at least one male and one female Kerbal in your base.
- Wait 450 days.

Thanks, Added to Tundra Parts (https://github.com/BobPalmer/MKS/wiki/Parts-(Tundra-Series) ) and FAQ (https://github.com/BobPalmer/MKS/wiki/FAQ ) pages.

Not sure if there is anywhere else that is appropriate.

5 minutes ago, maranble14 said:

Quick question regarding the tundra habitat module. I just started a Mun base, and I have landed a module with the hab attached to it, but I cannot full deploy the hab ring (it won't expand). Attached is an image of what shows up with I right click on the module. Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks!

http://imgur.com/a/3HXcP

You have to go on EVA and have a Kerbal deploy it (keep in mind it will cost a poop ton of MaterialKits)

On 3/4/2017 at 6:31 AM, Kobymaru said:

Yes, there is a bug report about that: https://github.com/BobPalmer/Konstruction/issues/35

However, it seems that RoverDude has different priorities at the moment.

ps.: You're in the wrong thread. There's a dedicated Konstruction thread :wink:

Crap, so many mods had been merged, I thought konstruction got merged into MKS main.

34 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

You have to go on EVA and have a Kerbal deploy it (keep in mind it will cost a poop ton of MaterialKits)

Poop ton = 48000 to be exact. And they have to be within scavenging range, no pulling from PL directly.  I had to land an empty 3.75 MK Kontainer, use local logistics to fill it (local tanks to Kontainer, PL to local tanks), and then it inflated.

Edited by Gilph

3 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

I have a random question, was there a way that an ISRU [or another part] could convert ore to Material Kits?

This is kind of what the mod Simple Construction does. But it doesn't use material kits, just rocket parts. You could probably alter the recipes yourself though if you wanted