[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

1 minute ago, gamerscircle said:

I have a simple question, on the 1st page of the his forum thread, the 2nd image from the left has a cab/module [the one with the hab ring] I haven't seen in my MKS.  Is it another USI mod or did I install my MKS wrong..?  again? :)

That's from USI FTT

4 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

I have a simple question, on the 1st page of the his forum thread, the 2nd image from the left has a cab/module [the one with the hab ring] I haven't seen in my MKS.  Is it another USI mod or did I install my MKS wrong..?  again? :)

That is Orca Command Module from Freight Transport Tech:

Edited by maja

8 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

Not quite sure if I got it right, but I believe you mean the Orca module from Freight Transfer Technologies (FTT), which is separate from MKS.

Hi,

I am noticing that MKS throws a number or errors during start up related to textures not found and i observe that there is allready a ticket opened for this for some time now.

Can you please, please plan to include the fix in an upcoming release of yours.

I understand that this is not impacting the game or anything though would be nice if you can update so as to avoid errors in start up.

This will help in identifying issues with other mods/core ksp :):)

Many thanks,

Tsuvekio

Speaking of errors, attempting to switch a part bay in flight will also throw a nullref and not work at all. Repainting kontainers works, though.

Spoiler

[EXC 18:46:25.115] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	USITools.ModuleSwappableConverter.HasResource (ResourceRatio resInfo)
	USITools.ModuleSwappableConverter.CheckResources ()
	USITools.ModuleSwappableConverter.LoadSetup ()
	BaseEvent.Invoke ()
	UIPartActionButton.OnClick ()
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args)
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Edited by voicey99
ooh, coloured code!

6 hours ago, Liquid5n0w said:

@RoverDude I have searched this thread for this problem and haven't seen anyone else with it.  

I recently started making some adjustments to my moonbase, but now I can't switch the drills to a different type? So I started doing some testing and I can no longer change anything that you can switch modes while on EVA for drills, smelt-o-matics or the tundra modules or the inflatable modules.  It appears there are no exceptions thrown, it just fails silently.  Repaint on the ISM works. The parts work as they are configured, but cannot be changed from EVA.

In this screenshot, the "B1 Refined Exotics => Polymers" button does nothing.  It does work in the VAB, which is how I switched it from the default. The Next Bay buttons do work and cycle the choice correctly, but I can't actually change it.

Here is a link to my KSP log of the game I took this screenshot in:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0STyNDHlUuyUVhXVk1jTE54bHc

I am also experiencing this issue.  Can you post or PM me your mod list for comparison?

7 hours ago, allista said:

Everyone concerned about Configurable Containers.

In CKAN: CC is not a strict dependency of GC anymore, but rather a recommendation.

MKS bundled version will also be stripped of the CC.

Installing USI kolonization system shows these dependencies.

Ground Construction

AT Utils

Configurable Containers Core.

Is that as expected after this change?

3 minutes ago, Baladain said:

I am also experiencing this issue.  Can you post or PM me your mod list for comparison?

Ground Construction

AT Utils

I had that but then I restarted CKAN again to force an update, the way it updates is odd.

Also, whats the best way to get a list of my mods? My gamedata has 130 folders.

4 minutes ago, Liquid5n0w said:

I had that but then I restarted CKAN again to force an update, the way it updates is odd.

Also, whats the best way to get a list of my mods? My gamedata has 130 folders.

in ckan you can go to file, export installed mods and it will generate a txt file

5 hours ago, voicey99 said:

Speaking of errors, attempting to switch a part bay in flight will also throw a nullref and not work at all. Repainting kontainers works, though.

Hide contents

[EXC 18:46:25.115] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	USITools.ModuleSwappableConverter.HasResource (ResourceRatio resInfo)
	USITools.ModuleSwappableConverter.CheckResources ()
	USITools.ModuleSwappableConverter.LoadSetup ()
	BaseEvent.Invoke ()
	UIPartActionButton.OnClick ()
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args)
	UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()
	UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)
	UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

2 hours ago, Baladain said:

Similar issue, not able to switch drill seperators here or part bays here.  Tested with a fresh install and no other mods except the USI ones+dependencies, and same NullReferenceException error.  Looks to be related to USITools.dll, as I can switch that for an older one and switching works again (although that probably breaks *other* things so I wouldn't recommend it as a fix)

Edited by mthomason

6 hours ago, dboi88 said:

That's from USI FTT

Ahh, it got updated.. thank you @dboi88

I think I ran into a problem.

I have this base on the Mun and I got the resources the working warehouse infrastructure and I just got the inflatable workshop setup, plugged in, but I can't deploy it because I don't have 2000 material kits, when I fact I have 17k of kits.

I thought I was doing good up until this point, but now I am stumped.  Suggestions?

@RoverDude Further testing reveals:

The convert-o-tron issue only affects parts that were already in play before the upgrade.  Newly launched work fine.

Not being able to EVA convert drills is still broken

@Liquid5n0w Could not find any common elements between our mods.

Does anyone know how to edit in-flight vessels back to the fuel setup they had prior to this update?  my probes on NERV just got their TWRs wrecked by carrying the wrong fuel now.

8 hours ago, Baladain said:

Does anyone know how to edit in-flight vessels back to the fuel setup they had prior to this update?  my probes on NERV just got their TWRs wrecked by carrying the wrong fuel now.

Cheats menu - Infinite propellant? I know, not exactly what you asked but it's all I got.

5 minutes ago, Kaa253 said:

Cheats menu - Infinite propellant? I know, not exactly what you asked but it's all I got.

That, plus the jettison fuel MM patches we talked about a few pages back if there's an issue with the fuel they're carrying now being much denser or something.

Could also edit persistent.sfs if you really, really had to, but that's dodgy at the best of times.

Or hyperedit a replacement probe into position.

11 hours ago, Baladain said:

Ground Construction

AT Utils

Yes, that is exactly as it should be.

The ConfigurabelContainers-Core is not what was breaking the game. It's just a .dll and internal config files that are still required for GC. But it will not change any parts, or do anything at all in the game.

Edited by allista

Heads up - there will be a full release later today, but there will be a USI Tools release up shortly to fix the nullref issues folks are seeing

(More heads up) the release today will be the new USI Tools, but also the update to the hard GC dependency to resolve the issues folks are seeing, and to also roll in GC functionality to only specific MKS modules

10 minutes ago, Stikkychaos said:

so, we have Ground Construction bundled up - does that mean that EPL is absolutely obsolete?

Also, if i have it installed, do i remove it along with USI, then reinstall USI - or do i just get rid of it and not care?

GC can't currently build in orbit, but that's being worked on. So if you build in space a lot then EL is still your way to do that.

Just to clarify for you and everyone else. EL won't be supported any more but that won't mean you can't use EL anymore i just means that RoverDude will be removing the EL specific parts and configs in the future and he won't write new ones when making new mod packs. But there is no reason you cannot continue to use EL as you always have, you can even use the same parts from Rover you always have. they just won't be included in the official download.

I'm also certain that when EL support is completely removed then there will be a patch kit available to add it all back in. I am certain because I use EL and i will make one if no one else does.

You can just remove EL without any issues.

4 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Heads up - there will be a full release later today, but there will be a USI Tools release up shortly to fix the nullref issues folks are seeing

Thank you very much for the quick response!

It seems there is one more nullref with 0.8.15: If you have more than one field repair resource (for example both Machinery and EnrichedUranium) in a single USI_ModuleResourceWarehouse container, a nullref will occur if an auto repair is attempted. 

This situation would not happen with a default MKS install because as far as I know there aren't any default containers configured with multiple field repair resources, but someone might encounter the same nullref with a custom CFG or welded part, so I am leaving this nullref report as a FYI.

I watched a mod review and a presentation, and a question comes up  - metals.

Seems to be the only resource required to create ships and other things with Ground Construction - does that mean that MKS will put less pressure on exotic mineral and rare metal extraction? Will those only be used to produce machinery and such, and not construction materials? How will GC affect converters? Will there be a USI-specific way to build things on-site without delivering the box? Is earth really round?

The mod and it's resource requirements seem MUCH easier than previous material requirements. Unless i'm horribly wrong.

Hello friends! Is there any problem with machinery and planetary logistics? I have an industrial base where I produce machinery and I want to supply the various bases I have in the planet from there. However, when the containers are filled they don't push any into planetary storage. I have tried with infltables and flat containers. As far as I can tell, planetary logistics works fine with the other resources. Am I missing something?

8 hours ago, Stikkychaos said:

so, we have Ground Construction bundled up - does that mean that EPL is absolutely obsolete?

Also, if i have it installed, do i remove it along with USI, then reinstall USI - or do i just get rid of it and not care?

EPL just moves from being the defacto construction mod to being something you can use if you want, but not something I bundle support for.

8 hours ago, dboi88 said:

GC can't currently build in orbit, but that's being worked on. So if you build in space a lot then EL is still your way to do that.

Just to clarify for you and everyone else. EL won't be supported any more but that won't mean you can't use EL anymore i just means that RoverDude will be removing the EL specific parts and configs in the future and he won't write new ones when making new mod packs. But there is no reason you cannot continue to use EL as you always have, you can even use the same parts from Rover you always have. they just won't be included in the official download.

I'm also certain that when EL support is completely removed then there will be a patch kit available to add it all back in. I am certain because I use EL and i will make one if no one else does.

You can just remove EL without any issues.

Provided that patch takes the form of configs only to EL, that works (i.e. base it off the current one and patch the EL parts if you're so inclined) and I'd likely leave it up as a separate (official) download.  But not bundled, i.e. purely opt-in, and I will be retiring the models for now.

6 hours ago, Fury1SOG said:

Thank you very much for the quick response!

It seems there is one more nullref with 0.8.15: If you have more than one field repair resource (for example both Machinery and EnrichedUranium) in a single USI_ModuleResourceWarehouse container, a nullref will occur if an auto repair is attempted. 

This situation would not happen with a default MKS install because as far as I know there aren't any default containers configured with multiple field repair resources, but someone might encounter the same nullref with a custom CFG or welded part, so I am leaving this nullref report as a FYI.

Thanks - I will take a look

5 hours ago, Stikkychaos said:

I watched a mod review and a presentation, and a question comes up  - metals.

Seems to be the only resource required to create ships and other things with Ground Construction - does that mean that MKS will put less pressure on exotic mineral and rare metal extraction? Will those only be used to produce machinery and such, and not construction materials? How will GC affect converters? Will there be a USI-specific way to build things on-site without delivering the box? Is earth really round?

The mod and it's resource requirements seem MUCH easier than previous material requirements. Unless i'm horribly wrong.

Ground Construction converted over to MaterialKits recently, which solves this issue :)

Until orbital is in place (and that timing is up to @allista, it works just like GC does (ground only, requires the DIYKit, etc). but using MKS extractors and the MKS path to MaterialKits.  I expect that the DIYKit mass will be made up of SpecializedParts once that expansion to GC is complete, thus preserving the traditional MKS resource path for construction.

4 hours ago, Perringo said:

Hello friends! Is there any problem with machinery and planetary logistics? I have an industrial base where I produce machinery and I want to supply the various bases I have in the planet from there. However, when the containers are filled they don't push any into planetary storage. I have tried with infltables and flat containers. As far as I can tell, planetary logistics works fine with the other resources. Am I missing something?

Machinery may be on the blacklist - I'll take a look.  It should be on the blacklist only for local transfers, not for planetary.

4 hours ago, ISE said:

Ever thought about using ASET Props in your IVAs? :wink: 

Nope :D