[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

1 hour ago, Kwarazi said:

Big reason why dispite over 70 mods I don't CKAN, it always seem to mess up an install in some way or another. 

Well, on digging into the registry it does look like ksp_version_min is set correctly:

"ksp_version_max": "1.3.9",
"ksp_version_min": "1.2.9",
"ksp_version_strict": false,

Perhaps it needs ksp_version_strict set too?
I'm leaning towards "CKAN bug" right now, I would expect ksp_version_min to be respected across major versions...

Ed. Ok, for some bizarre reason having "1.2" (or anything else, for that matter) listed as an additional compatible version completely breaks ksp_version_min checks... CKAN bug it is.

Edited by steve_v

51 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

Is MKS 0.52 backwards compatible with KSP 1.2? I'm not going to be updating until the 1.2->1.3 mod lag subsides, so that would be nice (but nonessential).

No the individual releases are not backwards compatible but you can get a 1.2.2 version of MKS 0.52 from the last 1.2.2 constellation release https://github.com/BobPalmer/USI_Constellation/releases/tag/2017.05.19.01.

3 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

No the individual releases are not backwards compatible but you can get a 1.2.2 version of MKS 0.52 from the last 1.2.2 constellation release https://github.com/BobPalmer/USI_Constellation/releases/tag/2017.05.19.01.

Already got it-looks like I might have to wait a while for new features. Oh well.

Hop to it, modders!

Edited by voicey99

32 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

<schnip>

Rock is not shown but is prepared for.

Cool showcase, but kinda cryptic :P. Rock is already included in the latest release.

1 minute ago, notthebobo said:

Is there an updated 1.3 Constellation bundle on the way?

MKS has updated to 1.3, but I'm not sure as to the status of the other USI mods. RD might be updating them first.

5 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

Cool showcase, but kinda cryptic :P. Rock is already included in the latest release.

The point of the picture is not on the left side but the right side. :ph34r:

Spoiler

Resource icons...

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

The point of the picture is not on the left side but the right side. :ph34r:

Oh, the custom icons next to the resource bars? That doesn't look line the stock resource overview, so I'm guessing this is a AlternateResourcePanel (or whatever mod) patch?

Just now, voicey99 said:

AlternateResourcePanel (or whatever mod) patch?

Yep. The Alternate Resource Panel is pretty naked and messy with truncated names when it's visible in screenshots of highly developed MKS bases.

2 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Yep. The Alternate Resource Panel is pretty naked and messy with truncated names when it's visible in screenshots of highly developed MKS bases.

Is this in a 1.2-compatible version of ARP? if yes, I'll get it. If no, damn.

@voicey99 Once ARP works (in whatever game version) everyone will get to enjoy these icons. I'm still in KSP 1.2.

I might make an alternate icon style. The kontainer "shooting star" symbol is rather busy when there's a lot of them in the panel imo. :/ 

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

The Karbonite icon in my picture is much older and was inspired by that same mod @DStaal whereas the rest were made this morning. I've been sad that it's not widely popular.

Any ETA on them being added to the mod?

I think it's just a visibility thing: The pack just works, rarely needs updates, etc. so it doesn't get talked about much. (Heck, the thread right now has a necro warning - for a mod that works in 1.2.2!)  Therefore it doesn't get pulled up to the top of the threads list, and therefore people don't see it.

I mostly just don't want you stepping on it, as I like their icons better - and you have icons for some of the same things. :wink: 

I'm not going to bother its dev for those very reasons @DStaal. It barely updates (due to being effectively complete as a software). And I don't want to step on anyone's preferences so this icon pack will only be presented as a separate option tailored for MKS-users, not the wider ARP fanbase. But it would work just as well if it was integrated into CRP.

I do wish, though, that I would have thought about the Ka and K+ icons alone and to ask RD's permission to slip them into the Karbonite and CRP updates.

0.52.1 - KSP 1.3
-------------------
KSP 1.3 Compatibility
Fix local logistics vessel list not being updated
Sifters now use the geology bonus
Allow incremental payment of inflatables deployment cost
Fix recruitement of various kolonist classes
Updated TAC-LS config
Added rock production to various drills, as well as residual rock output to different converters (Thanks voicey99!)
Removed hard coded references to the EXConstructionSkill (these are handled via MM) - thanks theRagingIrishman!
The Pioneer Modules and Logistics Centers are now probe control points (thanks DanStaal!)
Fix for AC Recruitment and planet packs (Thanks Gnurfos!)!
Fore and aft attachment nodes for the Karibou hub roof rack (Thanks Wyzard256!)
Removed OSE's extra harvesters from stock drills when MKS is installed (Thanks Qyzard256!)
Stock Fuel cells now produce water as a byproduct (Thanks Boiler1!)
Custom settings via the stock settings dialog have been added:
* You may now disable machinery consumption for MKS.  The default is on.  This setting effectively puts this mod very close to where MKS-Lite was, and is a good starting point if you want to avoid most of the core resource chain.
Extensive changes to the Astronaut Complex.  You can now:
* Toggle the ability to customize Kerbonauts.  If enabled, you can change bravery/stupidity and choose a starting level.  If disabled, these options will not be available.
* Enable / disable the hiring of Kolonist Kerbonauts (i.e. combined with the option below, you can disable MKS extended classes altogether).
* Enable / disable Kolonist Kerbonauts being available in rescue contracts (if disabled, only base kerbonauts appear as rescue kerbals).  
* Use either the stock calculated cost or a custom price for your Kerbals.  This setting is independent for base vs kolonists, so you could use standard pricing for your pilots, engineers, and scientists - but still get cheap pricing for Kolonists.
* Enable/disable and configure a custom price cap for all hires.  i.e. you could decide to use the stock hiring scheme, but with a specific max cap so it does not rise to unreasonable exponential numbers.

22 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Stock Fuel cells now produce water as a byproduct (Thanks Boiler1!)

Wasn't that one sitting around for months? Good to see it finally made it in.

Also in this patch: MKS drills can now harvest Karbonite, the files have been reorganised and the Ka->H20 converter now requires the Karbonite mod.

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

* You may now disable machinery consumption for MKS.  The default is on.  This setting effectively puts this mod very close to where MKS-Lite was, and is a good starting point if you want to avoid most of the core resource chain.

WOHOO, I'm going to play again! Thanks dude