[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

5 hours ago, Bionic bulldog said:

Simple question... im told that installing a mod and removing parts which you would never use would save loading time and ram (ie. Only keeping the stakes in EL when used with this mod). Could this also apply to the usi mods. There are Lot of parts in this mod which i neve use. two examlles examples would be.

I Dont use the life support function anymore only the manufactruing and mining side, so could i delete all the agriculture stuff etc.related to that side of production.

Only ever use the construction ports from the konstruction mod.

Or would this break the mod and cause problems.

Yes and no.  @RoverDude does a pretty stellar job of reusing/sharing assets when he builds his mods, so I haven't found any meaningful reductions in RAM by removing parts.

I hate to be that guy who needs help, but I need help.

The 'kolonization' tab is missing from the VAB menu and thus I can't really access the content from this mod. I'm playing on the old 1.3.1 version for mod compatability with other mods that I use which never got updated.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

26 minutes ago, Sturm_Krahe said:

I hate to be that guy who needs help, but I need help.

The 'kolonization' tab is missing from the VAB menu and thus I can't really access the content from this mod. I'm playing on the old 1.3.1 version for mod compatability with other mods that I use which never got updated.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Get the second to most recent USI Tools

One thing I'm having trouble finding is a good list of what different materials can be stored in and how that works. I'm trying to put together a space station with the torus rings but I'm not sure how to get the Material Kits needed to deploy the rings. I see some tanks where the description says it can hold them but then there's no option to actually chose the payload. Is there such a list somewhere on the wiki?

Or am I missing something when the description says 'FSFuelSwitch'?

Edit: I've spent the last couple hours trying to fix this, watched tutorials, downloaded various versions of the Interstellar Fuel Switch mod but it's not helping. I simply can't put anything in the cargo containers added by this mod, so I can't really use a lot of the content here. Am I just really missing something?

Edited by Sturm_Krahe

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Yeah, unfortunately 1.3.x support is going to get exponentially more sketchy and mostly be you fine folks helping you out as I have to focus up on 1.4.1 goodness

If I may ask...does any of your USI MKS support team have the ability to compile the latest USI Tools code base in a 1.3.1 configuration? It may be as simple as that. I'd be happy to test it out.

Seems like all the Duna series parts are missing from my VAB in 1.3.1 and 1.4.1. I have tried to reinstall all mods a few times now and still 'no joy.' any help would be great.

Edited by cgibsonmm
added versioning

16 hours ago, Sturm_Krahe said:

One thing I'm having trouble finding is a good list of what different materials can be stored in and how that works. I'm trying to put together a space station with the torus rings but I'm not sure how to get the Material Kits needed to deploy the rings. I see some tanks where the description says it can hold them but then there's no option to actually chose the payload. Is there such a list somewhere on the wiki?

Edit: I've spent the last couple hours trying to fix this, watched tutorials, downloaded various versions of the Interstellar Fuel Switch mod but it's not helping. I simply can't put anything in the cargo containers added by this mod, so I can't really use a lot of the content here. Am I just really missing something?

If everything is working as expected, you should have a series of containers under the logistics tab(the ones I prefer for transport look like shipping crates and range from 1.25m to 5m, but inflatable ones are very useful for landed bases).

All of the MKS containers(except fuel/nuclear fuel) should have a repaint option that will cycle through the possible payloads(shipping crates) or payload combinations(inflatable).  You should also be able to fill the containers in the VAB.

If you cannot do this, please try updating to a newer version of USITools and possibly reinstalling the mod.

18 hours ago, Sturm_Krahe said:

FSFuelSwitch is the Firespitter DLL that allows for switching the contents tanks. It is bundled with MKS.

4 hours ago, Terwin said:

If you cannot do this, please try updating to a newer version of USITools and possibly reinstalling the mod.

Just reinstalled the MKS mod wholesale and it introduced a game breaking bug where now I can't enter any of the buildings and none of the menu buttons work. The only way I could figure out how to fix this before was to do a complete reinstall of the entire game and all my mods and it looks like I'm going to have to do this again as I've no idea what specific interaction is causing this problem.

Edited by Sturm_Krahe

2 hours ago, Sturm_Krahe said:

Just reinstalled the MKS mod wholesale and it introduced a game breaking bug where now I can't enter any of the buildings and none of the menu buttons work. The only way I could figure out how to fix this before was to do a complete reinstall of the entire game and all my mods and it looks like I'm going to have to do this again as I've no idea what specific interaction is causing this problem.

Keep in mind, in case you missed it above, that none of @RoverDude's mods use interstellar fuel switch.  I'm not sure what conflicts there might be between that mod and firespitters fuel switch functions.

1 hour ago, goldenpsp said:

Keep in mind, in case you missed it above, that none of @RoverDude's mods use interstellar fuel switch.  I'm not sure what conflicts there might be between that mod and firespitters fuel switch functions.

Well I just did a complete uninstall of everything, then reinstalled MKS as normal out of the box, and the kontainers are still non functional, with that as my only mod. I cannot put anything in them. I can change the texture in the VAB but it doesn't stay when I send the vehicle to the pad, just reverts to normal.

Edit: I leave these previous comments as an enduring monument to my own stupidity, in that I had the wrong version of the mod installed. I eventually found the backlog of old versions and lo and behold after installing the one built for 1.3.1 on my 1.3.1 version game it now lets me load cargo as intended. I am a dunce, let me put on my cap now.

Edited by Sturm_Krahe

18 minutes ago, Sturm_Krahe said:

Well I just did a complete uninstall of everything, then reinstalled MKS as normal out of the box, and the kontainers are still non functional, with that as my only mod. I cannot put anything in them. I can change the texture in the VAB but it doesn't stay when I send the vehicle to the pad, just reverts to normal.

I'm on 1.4.1 + making history with latest release USI everything and Kontainers are working.  The larger drills are not working and the DIY Ground Construction stuff is not working and a few other things, but in general most of the stuff is working.

44 minutes ago, Sturm_Krahe said:

Picture of your gamedata folder?

On 13.3.2018 at 1:13 PM, RoverDude said:

I'll take a look at that and make sure it's sorted in the next update (which will be dropping with the DLC)

If that's (missing bigger drills) not already solved, that's why they not loaded on my installation and I would work around it by commenting out the texture line in the model section of the drill CFG...

[LOG 23:18:27.340] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'MKS.Drill.01A'
[LOG 23:18:27.387] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/MKS_Drill_02/MKS_Drill_02'
[ERR 23:18:27.388] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartLoader.ReplaceTextures (UnityEngine.GameObject model, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 textureNames, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 newTextures) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.CompileModel (.UrlConfig cfg, .ConfigNode partCfg, Single scaleFactor, .AvailablePart partInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[ERR 23:18:27.388] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 23:18:27.388] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/MKS_Drill_02A/MKS_Drill_02A'
[ERR 23:18:27.389] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartLoader.ReplaceTextures (UnityEngine.GameObject model, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 textureNames, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 newTextures) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.CompileModel (.UrlConfig cfg, .ConfigNode partCfg, Single scaleFactor, .AvailablePart partInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[ERR 23:18:27.389] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 23:18:27.389] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/MKS_Drill_03/MKS_Drill_03'
[ERR 23:18:27.389] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

[LOG 23:18:27.389] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/MKS_Drill_03A/MKS_Drill_03A'

[LOG 23:18:27.389] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/MKS_EL_LaunchPad/MKS_EL_LaunchPad'
[LOG 23:18:27.407] PartLoader: Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/MKS_EL_LaunchPad/MKS_EL_LaunchPad' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 23:18:27.414] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'MKS.EL.LaunchPad'

Edited by Jebs_SY

A question - will Loads be generated on an old save if I install the game mid-play, or would I need to start anew?

Also, does this mod add some Kolonization-focused Contracts for career mode?

Edited by AtilaElari

It seems that after updating to 1.4.x, all my bases don't load anymore, and instead come up with an error saying "Cannot load vessel" as they contain a "MKS.drill part" - is this still being updated to 1.4 or am I missing something? 

7 hours ago, AtilaElari said:

A question - will Loads be generated on an old save if I install the game mid-play, or would I need to start anew?

Also, does this mod add some Kolonization-focused Contracts for career mode?

Everything will be generated anew, so your planetary ratings will start from 100%. There are no contracts in this mod, but the Contract Configurator pack Bases and Stations has MKS/USI-LS integration.

56 minutes ago, techgamer16 said:

It seems that after updating to 1.4.x, all my bases don't load anymore, and instead come up with an error saying "Cannot load vessel" as they contain a "MKS.drill part" - is this still being updated to 1.4 or am I missing something? 

I don't ever remember there being a part by that name, even in the pre-0.50 versions.

Another question, just trying to grasp MKS. I am sending up a storage segment.. what cargo should my first inflatable storage contain? So many options to choose from in editor I'm not sure which I should pick. Also, I'm having trouble getting the nuclear reactors to work.. what should I be doing?

Edited by Shiftend

57 minutes ago, Shiftend said:

Another question, just trying to grasp MKS. I am sending up a storage segment.. what cargo should my first inflatable storage contain? So many options to choose from in editor I'm not sure which I should pick. Also, I'm having trouble getting the nuclear reactors to work.. what should I be doing?

Nuclear reactors need radiators.  You can mostly test this on the launch pad but keep in mind on an airless moon heat transfer is much lower.

You need to figure out what you are going to use and what you intend to produce.  Mostly you will send things at the end of the supply chain and produce things at the beginning to middle.  The more advanced you get the more you can produce.  Machinery is at the end of the supply chain.  I produce all my supplies so I send up fertilizer as 1 fertilizer will produce 11 supplies.  A kerbal uses 10.5 supplies a day so you need 1 fertilizer per kerbal per day and enough production to sustain that.  I also use a lot of material kits and a little bit of specialized parts.  So those are the three things I send up most.  If I am just sending a supply ship, I also add supplies because what would a supply ship be without supplies.  It also adds to the supply buffer in case something bad happens.  

2 hours ago, techgamer16 said:

Of the three sizes of drills in MKS, the medium and large drill do not load in 1.4, or 1.4.1.  I updated using the USI_Constellation download.  I do not know if this issue has been resolved.  I hope you backed up your saved games before updating.  I run multiple directories of KSP, one for each version.  This way if I have an issue with a new version, I can go back and play an older version.  It also helps protect my save games in situations like this. 

Edited by Boiler1