[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

7 hours ago, ksp_colin said:

I am observing something similar. Testing on the launchpad with any of the three Material Processing Units. I cannot change their conversion type in the VAB so stuck with default. Every time click next/previous/install buttons nothing happens. And on the launchpad I deploy the Material Processing Unit and I just get a message that I am missing Ore for LFO conversion (I don't want to convert to LFO :(  ), since I dont think I ever correctly reconfigured the MPU for a non-default conversion.

Yes I am on 1.3.1, since they recently removed 1.3.0. Is there a simple fix? Many of my mods that I run are not 1.4.x compatible...

Even if I click on any of the configuration buttons in the VAB or SPH, regardless the part remains in the default configuration. This is true for at least all three Material Processing Units.

https://imgur.com/a/atyic

Edited by ksp_colin

43 minutes ago, jack gamer said:

Im so confused on how do I deploy, because it keeps saying missing resources.

Deploy what? Inflatable buildings? For that you need specific amount of MaterialKits and Kerbal on EVA to deploy them.

9 hours ago, jack gamer said:

Im so confused on how do I deploy, because it keeps saying missing resources.

I encourage you to check the Wiki, where your question is actually the second one on the FAQ. Some of the numbers on the Wiki are slightly out of date, but the concepts are still the same.

Have fun!

20 hours ago, ksp_colin said:

I am observing something similar. Testing on the launchpad with any of the three Material Processing Units. I cannot change their conversion type in the VAB so stuck with default. Every time click next/previous/install buttons nothing happens. And on the launchpad I deploy the Material Processing Unit and I just get a message that I am missing Ore for LFO conversion (I don't want to convert to LFO :(  ), since I dont think I ever correctly reconfigured the MPU for a non-default conversion.

Yes I am on 1.3.1, since they recently removed 1.3.0. Is there a simple fix? Many of my mods that I run are not 1.4.x compatible...

Even if I click on any of the configuration buttons in the VAB or SPH, regardless the part remains in the default configuration. This is true for at least all three Material Processing Units.

Edited by ksp_colin
imgur link was wrong

1 hour ago, ksp_colin said:

Hmm...

All I can say is - download the latest USI Tools, CCK and CRP, usually fixes quite a few issues.

48 minutes ago, TDplay said:
2 hours ago, ksp_colin said:

Hmm...

All I can say is - download the latest USI Tools, CCK and CRP, usually fixes quite a few issues.

Thanks! According to CKAN I think I am up to date? Have bugs ever been resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the mods through ckan?

USI-Tools: 0.10.2.0

Community Category Kit: 2.0.2.0

Community Resource Pack: 0.8.1.0

2 minutes ago, ksp_colin said:

Thanks! According to CKAN I think I am up to date? Have bugs ever been resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the mods through ckan?

Well, if you're using CKAN, I dunno... I installed via CKAN and I'm not having any trouble. Follow the steps in the post below and see if @RoverDude can help (it tells you how to fish out some logs, which are very handy, and also say EVERY reproduction step, then report the issue on Github).

4 minutes ago, TDplay said:
10 minutes ago, ksp_colin said:

Well, if you're using CKAN, I dunno... I installed via CKAN and I'm not having any trouble. Follow the steps in the post below and see if @RoverDude can help (it tells you how to fish out some logs, which are very handy, and also say EVERY reproduction step, then report the issue on Github).

Thanks again for the pointer. It looks like two of the links in the guide might need to be updated (are pointing to 'page does not exist') 

Check the stock help sticky and stock known issues sticky: you might be running up against a known issue in KSP itself. Self Help, Reporting Guide.

Is there a particular directory that I could zip up and attach that might be useful for logs/vesions/etc. Or all of GameData and a few others?

Just now, ksp_colin said:

Thanks again for the pointer. It looks like two of the links in the guide might need to be updated (are pointing to 'page does not exist') 

Check the stock help sticky and stock known issues sticky: you might be running up against a known issue in KSP itself. Self Help, Reporting Guide.

Is there a particular directory that I could zip up and attach that might be useful for logs/vesions/etc. Or all of GameData and a few others?

Stick [install directory]/KSP.txt into a zip, that is the log. As for versions and mods installed - if you have AVC then open its mod list and copy it to clipboard.

20 minutes ago, TDplay said:
23 minutes ago, ksp_colin said:

Stick [install directory]/KSP.txt into a zip, that is the log. As for versions and mods installed - if you have AVC then open its mod list and copy it to clipboard.

AVC looks like something I should have had for over a year. In fact after booting with it for the first time (confirming that the Mat Proc Unit issue is still present for low hanging fruit) and the mod quickly informed me of a few known compatibility issues. Thanks for another pointer.

I still think I have CKAN mods completely up to date, but should I download those two mod updates through the AVC window like it is suggesting? 

A screenshot of the AVC notice: https://imgur.com/a/YImjh

Sorry for two very dumb questions.. How do you attach a .ZIP here, and where is the AVC-modlist that I need to copy to clipboard? 

Edited by ksp_colin
long -> low* hanging fruit. MPU issue still present after simply installing new AVC mod

24 minutes ago, ksp_colin said:

AVC looks like something I should have had for over a year. In fact after booting with it for the first time (confirming that the Mat Proc Unit issue is still present for low hanging fruit) and the mod quickly informed me of a few known compatibility issues. Thanks for another pointer.

I still think I have CKAN mods completely up to date, but should I download those two mod updates through the AVC window like it is suggesting? 

Sorry for two very dumb questions.. How do you attach a .ZIP here, and where is the AVC-modlist that I need to copy to clipboard? 

Mod list: You see the little thing in the top-left on the loading and title screens? See the check box? Check it and your mod list will appear. There is also a convenient copy button that copies it in a format perfect for dumping in a spoiler. AT Utils and GC being out of date shouldn't break anything, but go in CKAN and check that you can't ask for an update for AT Utils and Ground Construction Core. I dunno.

To attatch a zip, stick it on a file uploading service like Dropbox and post a link to it.

Edited by TDplay

8 minutes ago, TDplay said:
32 minutes ago, ksp_colin said:

Mod list: You see the little thing in the top-left on the loading and title screens? See the check box? Check it and your mod list will appear. There is also a convenient copy button that copies it in a format perfect for dumping in a spoiler. AT Utils and GC being out of date shouldn't break anything, but go in CKAN and check that you can't ask for an update for AT Utils and Ground Construction Core. I dunno.

To attatch a zip, stick it on a file uploading service like Dropbox and post a link to it.

Does pastebin work for the KSP.TXT contents?

https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/H6Y8kPp98Z/

AVC List

KSP: 1.3.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
000_AT_Utils - 1.5
Toolbar - 1.7.16.5
USI Tools - 0.10.2
B9 Part Switch - 2.1.1
Chatterer - 0.9.93.1804
Community Category Kit - 2.0.2
Community Resource Pack - 0.8.1
CommunityTechTree - 3.2.1
Contract Configurator - 1.23.3
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations - 3.7.0.1
CryoEngines - 0.5.11
CryoTanks - 0.4.9
DistantObjectEnhancement - 1.9.1
DynamicBatteryStorage - 1.2
Easy Vessel Switch - 1.5.6471.31118
Firespitter - 7.6
GroundConstruction - 1.2.1
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes - 1.0.1
HullcamVDSContinued - 0.1.8
RasterPropMonitor - 0.29.3
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.3
KerbalAtomics - 0.4.11
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.3
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.3.3
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.9.6571.274
<b><color=#CA7B3C>Kopernicus</color></b> - 1.3.1.7
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.5
NearFutureConstruction - 0.8.4
NearFutureElectrical - 0.9.8
NearFutureLaunchVehicles - 1.1.4
NearFutureProps - 0.3
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.9.6
NearFutureSolar - 0.8.8
NearFutureSpacecraft - 0.7.7
PlanetShine - 0.2.5.2
ReentryParticleEffect - 1.2.0.1
SCANsat - 1.1.8.4
StationPartsExpansion - 0.5.2
Stock Visual Enhancements - 1.3.0.1
Stock Visual Terrain - 2.1.3
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.5
USI Core - 0.5.1
Asteroid Recycling Tech - 0.11.1
USI Exploration Pack - 0.9
Freight Transport Tech - 0.8.1
Karbonite - 0.10.1
Konstruction - 0.3.1
USI-LS - 0.7.1
Malemute Rover - 0.4.1
MKS - 0.53.2
NuclearRockets - 0.5.1
Sounding Rockets - 0.7.1
USI Alcubierre Drive - 0.8
[x] Science! - 5.11

16 minutes ago, ksp_colin said:

Does pastebin work for the KSP.TXT contents?

https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/H6Y8kPp98Z/

Spoiler

AVC List

KSP: 1.3.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
000_AT_Utils - 1.5
Toolbar - 1.7.16.5
USI Tools - 0.10.2
B9 Part Switch - 2.1.1
Chatterer - 0.9.93.1804
Community Category Kit - 2.0.2
Community Resource Pack - 0.8.1
CommunityTechTree - 3.2.1
Contract Configurator - 1.23.3
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations - 3.7.0.1
CryoEngines - 0.5.11
CryoTanks - 0.4.9
DistantObjectEnhancement - 1.9.1
DynamicBatteryStorage - 1.2
Easy Vessel Switch - 1.5.6471.31118
Firespitter - 7.6
GroundConstruction - 1.2.1
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes - 1.0.1
HullcamVDSContinued - 0.1.8
RasterPropMonitor - 0.29.3
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.3
KerbalAtomics - 0.4.11
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.3
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.3.3
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.9.6571.274
<b><color=#CA7B3C>Kopernicus</color></b> - 1.3.1.7
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.5
NearFutureConstruction - 0.8.4
NearFutureElectrical - 0.9.8
NearFutureLaunchVehicles - 1.1.4
NearFutureProps - 0.3
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.9.6
NearFutureSolar - 0.8.8
NearFutureSpacecraft - 0.7.7
PlanetShine - 0.2.5.2
ReentryParticleEffect - 1.2.0.1
SCANsat - 1.1.8.4
StationPartsExpansion - 0.5.2
Stock Visual Enhancements - 1.3.0.1
Stock Visual Terrain - 2.1.3
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.5
USI Core - 0.5.1
Asteroid Recycling Tech - 0.11.1
USI Exploration Pack - 0.9
Freight Transport Tech - 0.8.1
Karbonite - 0.10.1
Konstruction - 0.3.1
USI-LS - 0.7.1
Malemute Rover - 0.4.1
MKS - 0.53.2
NuclearRockets - 0.5.1
Sounding Rockets - 0.7.1
USI Alcubierre Drive - 0.8
[x] Science! - 5.11

What interests me there is these 2 lines that keep recurring:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object 
	USITools.ModuleSwappableConverter.FixedUpdate ()

It seems there is an issue with the 1.3.1 version (your AVC report told me that) or a mod incompatibility that means the engine is trying to locate 'ModuleSwappableConverter', what RoverDude uses for the reconfiguration of modules, and not finding it. Very strange...

Tell CKAN to uninstall USI Tools then tell it to reinstall USI Tools, see if that fixes it. If not - update KSP. 1.4 MKS is very much working fine.

Edited by TDplay

43 minutes ago, TDplay said:

What interests me there is these 2 lines that keep recurring:

It seems there is an issue with the 1.3.1 version (your AVC report told me that) or a mod incompatibility that means the engine is trying to locate 'ModuleSwappableConverter', what RoverDude uses for the reconfiguration of modules, and not finding it. Very strange...

Tell CKAN to uninstall USI Tools then tell it to reinstall USI Tools, see if that fixes it. If not - update KSP. 1.4 MKS is very much working fine.

Hmm it looks like reinstalling the USI mods in ckan did not change the issue :/.

My latest log still has the same messages

https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/Hkv22hp9t7/

Unfortunately if I migrate to 1.4, the Near Future mods are not compatible (according to ckan) so my bases and stations with parts from that mod will break and fail to load. I think I am stuck.

3 minutes ago, ksp_colin said:

Hmm it looks like reinstalling the USI mods in ckan did not change the issue :/.

My latest log still has the same messages

https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/Hkv22hp9t7/

Unfortunately if I migrate to 1.4, the Near Future mods are not compatible (according to ckan) so my bases and stations with parts from that mod will break and fail to load. I think I am stuck.

Either make a new save without NF, or wait until Nertea has finished updating them then. Nertea says this for the 1.4 status:

1.4.1 Update Status Breakdown

NF Propulsion

• In the process of working on some 0.625m and radial Li tanks. Update whenever that's done ( > 2 weeks)

NF Electrical

• Testing a number of heat fixes and tunings, as well as code improvements. Update whenever I'm satisfied ( ~2 weeks)

NF Solar

• Recompile needed but otherwise no problems, update SoonTM

NF Construction

• In the middle of some major work on new and revised parts, not updating until done (> 3 weeks)

NF Spacecraft

• Seems good right now, needs a few tests, update SoonTM
  • Also needs NF Props update, not a huge problem. 

NF Launch Vehicles

• No major issues found, update SoonTM

So I think you'll get NF updates SoonTM.

Just now, TDplay said:

So I think you'll get NF updates SoonTM.

Sir/Ma'am-

You've introduced me to a useful mod, a few debugging techniques, the culture here of how to contribute more effectively in this forum, and a reason for optimism in the ... 'near future' (Ill see my self out).

How do I say thank you properly? In the spirit of the Easter holiday, you have certainly done your annual 'teach a man to fish' routine. 

1 hour ago, TDplay said:

What interests me there is these 2 lines that keep recurring

I am getting this too, on 1.3.1.

And no, I'm not remotely interested in updating KSP to 1.4.anything. Not until the bugs in the base game are sorted out and the rest of the mods I use are updated. This is an in-progress save, and I would loose most of my vessels, not to mention the use of my joystick.

Are any of the previous 1.3.1 compatible releases not broken in some way?

I'd backport the fix myself, but I can't make heads or tails out of the github commits, I see a binary diff against USITools.dll, where's the source diff at?

Edited by steve_v

18 minutes ago, ksp_colin said:

Sir/Ma'am-

You've introduced me to a useful mod, a few debugging techniques, the culture here of how to contribute more effectively in this forum, and a reason for optimism in the ... 'near future' (Ill see my self out).

How do I say thank you properly? In the spirit of the Easter holiday, you have certainly done your annual 'teach a man to fish' routine. 

You're welcome. You can always turn to the forums for help. I have honestly just been pulling things out of the top of my head - I'm sure there are more in-depth debugging techniques I'm not aware of, these are just the basic ones that any modder will be very grateful for. I am fine with helping a fellow forum user though stuff, and you'll find a lot of other forum users like me hanging about. As for how to say 'thank you' - literally saying 'thank you' or dropping likes (as you have) is fine.

18 minutes ago, steve_v said:

I am getting this too, on 1.3.1.

And no, I'm not remotely interested in updating KSP to 1.4.anything. Not until the bugs in the base game are sorted out and the rest of the mods I use are updated. This is an in-progress save, and I would loose most of my vessels, not to mention the use of my joystick.

Try an MKS upgrade? I dunno. The changelog for 0.54.1.0 says "Swappable Converter Fixes" and it's before 0.55.0.0 (1.4) so ensure you're v0.54.1.0 - might just work. Same for @ksp_colin - check you're on v0.54.1.0 too. Oh just realised that's 1.4.0, my bad.

Edited by TDplay

3 minutes ago, TDplay said:

The changelog for 0.54.1.0 says "Swappable Converter Fixes" and it's before 0.55.0.0 (1.4) so ensure you're v0.54.1.0 - might just work.

0.53.2.0 is the last version for KSP 1.3.1 (and that's what I'm running), so this is no use to me whatsoever.
I'm aware of what the changelog says, that's why I mentioned backporting the fix. But I can't find squat in the repo.

Edited by steve_v

2 minutes ago, steve_v said:

0.53.2.0 is the last version for KSP 1.3.1 (and that's what I'm running), so this is no use to me whatsoever.
I'm aware of what the changelog says, that's why I mentioned backporting the fix. But I can't find squat in the repo.

Well, I'd suggest what @Gilph just said - USI Tools 10.1. Would suggest trying that but have not tested it myself as I was trying out Wild Blue Industries between the release of 1.3 MKS and 1.4 MKS.