[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

7 hours ago, Johould said:

Ok, so basically go with the dedicated ISRU part for LFO production at low kolonization bonus. I'm mostly surprised the larger stock ISRU turns 1kg ore into 1kg LFO when everything else needs 10kg ore per 1kg LFO. The USI wiki claims the MPU also converts 100% of the mass of Ore into LFO.

Yep...

I have noticed that the large stock ISRU is the best to use in most situations. Based on feedback in the forums, the small stock ISRU was not well received by the players and only useful in rare cases. Also, there are some MM patches that change the behavior of the small ISRU to eliminate the overheating part that made it a bit more useful.

Using a MPU for LFO also is a very specialized scenario. The fact that is consumes Machinery means that you have to have a scenario to replenish the Machinery when it runs out. I used a MPU for LFO for the first time when I made an orbital logistics base to produce items to replenish my station in orbit, since OL needs LFO. That base also produced Machinery, so I had no issues with running out, and the lower ore conversion rate was not a problem.

@RoverDude  I've been chasing some ExtraPlanetary Launchpad issues, and in doing so, I found that your support for this mod is out of date.  In v6.0.0 of EL, he renamed things from Ex~ to El~ and shortened the needs name to just Launchpad.

I thought I'd mention it since I ran across it.

Thanks for the great mods!

35 minutes ago, Critter79606 said:

@RoverDude  I've been chasing some ExtraPlanetary Launchpad issues, and in doing so, I found that your support for this mod is out of date.  In v6.0.0 of EL, he renamed things from Ex~ to El~ and shortened the needs name to just Launchpad.

FYI, RD isn't actively supporting EL anymore.  The configs still mostly work but he won't be updating or maintaining active compatibility.

The USInivers has switched to Ground Construction to provide build-in-place functionality.

Hi all,

First of all, I would like to thank the KSP community for being so helpful on the forums, and I would also like to thank all the guys like Roverdude for making great game-changing mods such as MKS.

I would also like to ask for help: I am using MKS (alongside all other USI mods except Karbonite), and I don’t know if I’m experiencing a bug, or if I’m doing something wrong. (I've played KSP a lot so far, but I'm fairly new to MKS). 

TLDR: It’s about the USI/MKS Tanks– they don’t seem to get filled up by my ISRU + drills on their own. The stock fuel tanks work just fine, they are all filled up by the ISRU at the same time. I can transfer fuel from the stock tanks into the USI/MKS Tanks, but they don’t get filled up by themselves.

The context:

-          I have a mining rover (stock drills + ISRU) landed on Minmus.

-          I also built a large tanker using the 5m Tanks (USI/MKS), which is meant to land on Minmus, dock/klaw with the mining rover, get refueled, and finally ferry the fuel back to LKO.

The problem in brief:

-          The ISRU doesn’t refill the USI/MKS 5m Tanks by itself – it only refuels the stock fuel tanks on the ship. I then have to manually transfer the fuel from the stock fuel tanks into the big 5m MKS Tanks

A bit more detail:

-          To clarify, this setup works with my stock ships, i.e. the ships that use the stock fuel tanks. I land the ship, dock/claw the rover, start the ISRU, and then all the (stock) fuel tanks on the ship get filled up simultaneously, at the same rate.

-          I’ve also tried messing with fuel flow priority, and couldn’t get anywhere.

-          Yes, the USI/MKS tanks were properly configured to hold Lf+Ox in the VBA.

-          And no, the fuel tank itself is not disabled via the green arrow/triangle thing next to the fuel level (when you right-click the fuel tank).

-          I also tried various combinations of checking/unchecking the local/planetary warehouse on the 5m Tanks

Could you guys please help me? Is there something I’m doing wrong with the 5m MKS Tanks? Or is it just a bug?

If I can't solve it, I would scrap my current mining setup, as constantly transferring fuel from a small capacity (stock) tank into a gigantic MKS 5m Tank is so unpractical that I'd rather just fly my fuel from Kerbin than waste two real-life hours repetitively clicking the same thing.

Thanks a lot!

I am now confused how multiple bays work.I thought a part with multiple available bays would be more productive if several bays were configured for the same conversion, but that doesn't seem to be true at all.

I made a vessel for on-pad testing in a new sandbox game (ksp 1.4.4), which had 2 2.5m MPUs and 2 Tundra Assembly Plants, with one MPU configured both bays for LFO and the other one for LFO and one for Monoprop, and one assembly plant set up with three bays for MaterialKits and the other with one bay for MaterialKits and two others on other conversions. There was one 5-star engineer and plenty of input resources and space for outputs.

Both MPUs had just one "Start LFO" button, and ran up to 100% load if activated. Checking production rate in inventory the Kolonization dashboard showed the same output rate whether I was running LFO production in the one-LFO-bay MPU or the two-LFO-bay MPU. Also, when running LFO production in the mixed MPU, starting the monopropellant converter did not change the production rate of LFO. I expected the two-LFO-bay MPU would produce LFO twice as fast, or if not then at least that multiple running converters would split productivity.

The assembly plants similarly showed the same MaterialKit production whether I was running the converter in the assembly plant with three bays configured for MaterialKits, or the one with only one converter configured for it. The latest MKS Explainer also agreed with the output rates and didn't show any factor in the equations for number of running bays.

Is this working as expected, or should I be looking for mod conflicts?

6 hours ago, emyshore said:

The context:-          I also built a large tanker using the 5m Tanks (USI/MKS), which is meant to land on Minmus, dock/klaw with the mining rover, get refueled, and finally ferry the fuel back to LKO.

The problem in brief:

-          The ISRU doesn’t refill the USI/MKS 5m Tanks by itself – it only refuels the stock fuel tanks on the ship. I then have to manually transfer the fuel from the stock fuel tanks into the big 5m MKS Tanks

There is one more stock thing to try - is crossfeed enabled on the docking port? I think ISRU production of LFO probably respects ordinary fuel flow limitations. The Klaw may not support crossfeed at all.

The inflatable storage modules are probably the easiest way to add capacity to the rover. The Ranger ISM is much smaller when undeployed, the Tundra ISM has a bit more capacity for the same mass, but is much bulkier (it also has the LF to Ox ratio backwards, you'll need to edit the file).

13 hours ago, Critter79606 said:

In addition to what tsaven said above - There is a PR in which fixes the issue, which is expected to be part of the next MKS release.

Hello all,

As always thank you so much for this mod, after KER and KIS/KAS the USI suite is always the next one added.

I recently made a battery only craft to complete a one week orbit of Kerbin.  It has been awhile since I made such a craft and I noticed that the electrics were not 'catching up' like the supplies were.  I know that stock does not calculate electrical charge on an unloaded vessel, but I was sure that MKS did add some code to do this, just like the supplies do.  Am I mis-remembering?

To confirm it was not a mod conflict, I tested on a clean 1.4.4 install and a 1.3.1 install...I could be this was never a feature.  It is rare that my craft do not have some form of electrical generation.  

1 hour ago, gunt3rgam3r said:

Hello all,

As always thank you so much for this mod, after KER and KIS/KAS the USI suite is always the next one added.

I recently made a battery only craft to complete a one week orbit of Kerbin.  It has been awhile since I made such a craft and I noticed that the electrics were not 'catching up' like the supplies were.  I know that stock does not calculate electrical charge on an unloaded vessel, but I was sure that MKS did add some code to do this, just like the supplies do.  Am I mis-remembering?

To confirm it was not a mod conflict, I tested on a clean 1.4.4 install and a 1.3.1 install...I could be this was never a feature.  It is rare that my craft do not have some form of electrical generation.  

Do you have Kopernicus installed by chance?  1.4.4 made a change that made Solar Panels not charge if this mod is installed.

You may also want to look at Dynamic Battery Storage in CKAN.

32 minutes ago, Critter79606 said:

Do you have Kopernicus installed by chance?  1.4.4 made a change that made Solar Panels not charge if this mod is installed.

You may also want to look at Dynamic Battery Storage in CKAN.

Thx for the response, nope I don't have kopernicus installed, but that is good to know...some of my other saves do.

Dynamic battery storage was my first thought, that's why I tried the clean installs without and still got the bug.  

So it is a thing, electrical charge catch-up, I didn't remember it wrong?

Edited by gunt3rgam3r

7 hours ago, Johould said:

I am now confused how multiple bays work.I thought a part with multiple available bays would be more productive if several bays were configured for the same conversion, but that doesn't seem to be true at all.

I made a vessel for on-pad testing in a new sandbox game (ksp 1.4.4), which had 2 2.5m MPUs and 2 Tundra Assembly Plants, with one MPU configured both bays for LFO and the other one for LFO and one for Monoprop, and one assembly plant set up with three bays for MaterialKits and the other with one bay for MaterialKits and two others on other conversions. There was one 5-star engineer and plenty of input resources and space for outputs.

Both MPUs had just one "Start LFO" button, and ran up to 100% load if activated. Checking production rate in inventory the Kolonization dashboard showed the same output rate whether I was running LFO production in the one-LFO-bay MPU or the two-LFO-bay MPU. Also, when running LFO production in the mixed MPU, starting the monopropellant converter did not change the production rate of LFO. I expected the two-LFO-bay MPU would produce LFO twice as fast, or if not then at least that multiple running converters would split productivity.

The assembly plants similarly showed the same MaterialKit production whether I was running the converter in the assembly plant with three bays configured for MaterialKits, or the one with only one converter configured for it. The latest MKS Explainer also agreed with the output rates and didn't show any factor in the equations for number of running bays.

Is this working as expected, or should I be looking for mod conflicts?

Hi, read through this a few times and I think I know what you were getting at.

There was a very old bug that would only give one bays worth of output, even though there were multiple bays defined, but that has been fixed for a while. It is normal to have only one button that says "Start resource" even when more than one bay is configured, it just starts all of the bays together and you should see that in the percent load. If you have 2 bays configured the same and they run at 100%, you should see a 200% load. I'm not sure what you mean by splitting productivity, but each bay will run at its defined rate regardless if other bays are also running.

I dont always trust launch pad tests because things on Kerbin sometimes get treated differently. Maybe run it up to Minmus and see how it behaves. I just looked at my 1.3.1 MKS save (I dont have one for 1.4.x) and my multi bay Tundras are working OK.

3 hours ago, Gilph said:

It is normal to have only one button that says "Start resource" even when more than one bay is configured, it just starts all of the bays together and you should see that in the percent load. If you have 2 bays configured the same and they run at 100%, you should see a 200% load. I'm not sure what you mean by splitting productivity, but each bay will run at its defined rate regardless if other bays are also running.

That's what I expected to see. I tried my 1.3.1 copy of KSP and that's what I do see there. In 1.4.4 it only runs up to 100% no matter how many or few bays are configured the same.

Looks like I need to try a minimal MKS-only install. Until I do, here's my mod list. Anything look suspicious?

Spoiler

KSP: 1.4.4 (Unix) - Unity: 2017.1.3p1 - OS: Linux 4.9 Debian 9.4 64bit
ClickThroughBlocker - 0.1.6.5
USI Tools - 0.12
000_AT_Utils - 1.6
USI Tools - 0.12
ToolbarControl - 0.1.6.10
Analog Control Continued - 2.1.3.141
Color Coded Canisters - 2.0.1
Community Category Kit - 3.0
Community Resource Pack - 0.10
CommunityTechTree - 3.3.2
ConfigurableContainers - 2.4.3.1
Connected Living Space - 1.2.6.2
CorrectCOL - 1.6.4.1
Easy Vessel Switch - 1.6.6640.41793
Firespitter - 7.9
Fuel Tanks Plus - 2.0.2
GroundConstruction - 2.0.1
RasterPropMonitor - 0.30.5
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.4
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.12.6700.37736
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.2.0.2
KSPRescuePodFix - 1.3.2.11
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.5.2
Modular Rocket Systems - 1.13.2
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.8.2
Precise Node - 1.2.9.1
RCS Build Aid - 0.9.7.1
SCANsat - 1.1.8.6
ShipManifest - 5.2.1
SpaceY Expanded - 1.4
SpaceY Lifters - 1.17.2
StageRecovery - 1.8
Surface Mounted Lights - 1.7.6641.38911
ThrottleControlledAvionics - 3.5.2.1
Trajectories - 2.2.1
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.9.1
Transfer Window Planner - 1.6.3
USI Core - 0.7
Asteroid Recycling Tech - 0.13
USI Exploration Pack - 0.11
Freight Transport Tech - 0.10
Karbonite - 0.12
Konstruction - 0.5
USI-LS - 0.9
MKS - 0.55
Malemute Rover - 0.6
NuclearRockets - 0.7
Sounding Rockets - 0.9
USI Alcubierre Drive - 0.10
Waypoint Manager - 2.7.2
OSE Workshop - 1.2.4
[x] Science! - 5.16
kOS - 1.1.5.2
kRPC - 0.4.6

Could someone explain the relation between the number of active drill bays in a mining drill and its power consumption / heat generation ?

Is it just the base rate as seen in the VAB info * number of active drills?

9 hours ago, invultri said:

Could someone explain the relation between the number of active drill bays in a mining drill and its power consumption / heat generation ?

Is it just the base rate as seen in the VAB info * number of active drills?

That's basically how it's supposed to work, though multiple bays seem to be broken in my 1.4.4 game.

The base rate seen in the VAB is actually supposed to be the amount at 100% load, so it will be multiplied by the number of bays as you expect, but also will increase with Kolonization bonus, or is decreased if you lower the governor. (I also seem to see a bug where the listed power consumption in the VAB is wrong, but it scales that way and the power in the cfg file is correct).

Edited by Johould

Production with multiple bays is not working, now in a clean KSP 1.4.4 with only MKS_0.55.0.0.zip installed. I'm getting the same load and production rate from parts with one bay or multiple bays configured for a product.

This screenshot shows the test set up - an MPU with two bays set to LFO shows the same 100% LFO load and produces exactly as much LFO as an MPU with one bay set to LFO (and whether or not the second MPU's other bay is making Monoprop). The assembly plants are similarly set up so one has three bays configured for MaterialKits and the other just one, but they also show the same load and have the same production rate (the craft has 4 5-star engineers, two in each assembly plant, plus Bob in the hub).

Spoiler

jR3jJwZ.jpg

On 7/20/2018 at 11:33 PM, adgriff2 said:

Try installing MKS Explainer to see if it agrees with the numbers you're seeing:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/157755-143-mks-explainer/

It only shows a single line in the 1.4.4 game:

Converters: MKS.Processor250

In the 1.3.1 save it shows the expected results (including a line "Bays: 2").

In the MKS Explainer thread TauPharim said the multiple-bay code has changed in MKS, but a fix might be included in the 0.9.2 Explainer that I'm using.

Here a craft file showing the problem with just a pair of MPUs. It looks like it has an ModuleResourceConverter_USI module for each possible conversion, with at most two saying "isEnabled = True", and two "ModuleSwappableConverter" modules with a "currentLoadout" field saying which converters are active.

Spoiler

ship = Manufacturing Test 2
version = 1.4.4
description = 
type = VAB
size = 9.00000191,5.15200043,4.55891562
steamPublishedFileId = 0
persistentId = 1685083695
rot = 0,0,0,0
missionFlag = Squad/Flags/default
vesselType = Debris
PART
{
	part = C3.Kontainer.02_4294515210
	partName = Part
	persistentId = 3185986573
	pos = -0.343578398,14.9283485,0.599583745
	attPos = 0,0,0
	attPos0 = -0.343578398,14.9283485,0.599583745
	rot = 0.707106769,0,0,-0.707106769
	attRot = 0.707106709,0,0,-0.707106709
	attRot0 = 0,0,0,1
	mir = 1,1,1
	symMethod = Radial
	autostrutMode = Off
	rigidAttachment = False
	istg = -1
	resPri = 0
	dstg = 0
	sidx = -1
	sqor = -1
	sepI = -1
	attm = 0
	modCost = 64
	modMass = 0
	modSize = 0,0,0
	link = Ranger.ISM_4294530154
	link = MKS.Processor250_4294467564
	link = MKS.Processor250_4294467310
	link = probeStackSmall_4294398006
	attN = side,probeStackSmall_4294398006_0|0|1
	attN = side,MKS.Processor250_4294467310_-1|0|0
	attN = side,MKS.Processor250_4294467564_1|0|0
	attN = top,Ranger.ISM_4294530154_0|2|0
	EVENTS
	{
	}
	ACTIONS
	{
	}
	PARTDATA
	{
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = FStextureSwitch2
		isEnabled = True
		selectedTexture = 10
		selectedTextureURL = UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Assets/Kontainer_11
		selectedMapURL = 
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = FSfuelSwitch
		isEnabled = True
		selectedTankSetup = 10
		hasLaunched = False
		configLoaded = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = USI_ModuleResourceWarehouse
		isEnabled = True
		soiTransferEnabled = False
		localTransferEnabled = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = USI_ModuleRecycleBin
		isEnabled = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = USI_ModuleRecycleablePart
		isEnabled = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Ore
		amount = 3200
		maxAmount = 3200
		flowState = True
		isTweakable = True
		hideFlow = False
		isVisible = True
		flowMode = Both
	}
}
PART
{
	part = Ranger.ISM_4294530154
	partName = Part
	persistentId = 4203912848
	pos = -0.343578398,14.9283485,-1.40041566
	attPos = 0,0,0
	attPos0 = 0,1.99999976,-1.1920929E-07
	rot = 0,0,0,1
	attRot = 0,0,0,1
	attRot0 = -0.707106829,0,0,-0.707106829
	mir = 1,1,1
	symMethod = Radial
	autostrutMode = Off
	rigidAttachment = False
	istg = -1
	resPri = 0
	dstg = 0
	sidx = -1
	sqor = -1
	sepI = -1
	attm = 0
	modCost = 3500
	modMass = 0
	modSize = 0,0,0
	attN = pod,C3.Kontainer.02_4294515210_0|0|0
	EVENTS
	{
	}
	ACTIONS
	{
	}
	PARTDATA
	{
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = USIAnimation
		isEnabled = True
		isDeployed = False
		partialDeployCostPaid = 0
		inflatedCost = 0
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			DeployAction
			{
				actionGroup = Custom01
			}
			RetractAction
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			ToggleAction
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = FStextureSwitch2
		isEnabled = True
		selectedTexture = 10
		selectedTextureURL = UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Assets/SW_11
		selectedMapURL = 
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = FSfuelSwitch
		isEnabled = True
		selectedTankSetup = 10
		hasLaunched = False
		configLoaded = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = USI_ModuleResourceWarehouse
		isEnabled = True
		soiTransferEnabled = False
		localTransferEnabled = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = USI_ModuleRecycleBin
		isEnabled = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleLight
		isEnabled = True
		isOn = False
		uiWriteLock = False
		lightR = 1
		lightG = 1
		lightB = 1
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			ToggleLightAction
			{
				actionGroup = Light
			}
			LightOnAction
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			LightOffAction
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleWeightDistributableCargo
		isEnabled = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = USI_InertialDampener
		isEnabled = True
		isActive = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Ore
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 55
		flowState = True
		isTweakable = True
		hideFlow = False
		isVisible = True
		flowMode = Both
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = LiquidFuel
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 4.9500000000000002
		flowState = True
		isTweakable = True
		hideFlow = False
		isVisible = True
		flowMode = Both
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Oxidizer
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 6.0499999999999998
		flowState = True
		isTweakable = True
		hideFlow = False
		isVisible = True
		flowMode = Both
	}
}
PART
{
	part = MKS.Processor250_4294467564
	partName = Part
	persistentId = 1470274443
	pos = 2.40642142,14.9283485,0.599583745
	attPos = 0,0,0
	attPos0 = 2.74999976,0,0
	rot = 0.5,-0.5,0.5,0.5
	attRot = 0.49999997,-0.49999997,0.49999997,0.49999997
	attRot0 = -0.707106829,0.707106829,0,0
	mir = 1,1,1
	symMethod = Radial
	autostrutMode = Off
	rigidAttachment = False
	istg = -1
	resPri = 0
	dstg = 0
	sidx = -1
	sqor = -1
	sepI = -1
	attm = 0
	modCost = 0
	modMass = 0
	modSize = 0,0,0
	attN = top,C3.Kontainer.02_4294515210_0|1.75|0
	EVENTS
	{
	}
	ACTIONS
	{
	}
	PARTDATA
	{
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleOverheatDisplay
		isEnabled = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleResourceConverter_USI
		isEnabled = True
		EfficiencyBonus = 1
		IsActivated = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		lastUpdateTime = 0
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			StopResourceConverterAction
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			StartResourceConverterAction
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			ToggleResourceConverterAction
			{
				actionGroup = Custom01
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = True
		EfficiencyBonus = 1
		IsActivated = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		lastUpdateTime = 0
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = False
		EfficiencyBonus = 1
		IsActivated = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		lastUpdateTime = 0
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = False
		EfficiencyBonus = 1
		IsActivated = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		lastUpdateTime = 0
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = False
		EfficiencyBonus = 1
		IsActivated = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		lastUpdateTime = 0
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = False
		EfficiencyBonus = 1
		IsActivated = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		lastUpdateTime = 0
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = False
		EfficiencyBonus = 1
		IsActivated = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		lastUpdateTime = 0
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = False
		EfficiencyBonus = 1
		IsActivated = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		lastUpdateTime = 0
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleEfficiencyPart
		isEnabled = False
		EfficiencyBonus = 1
		IsActivated = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		lastUpdateTime = 0
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = False
		EfficiencyBonus = 1
		IsActivated = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		lastUpdateTime = 0
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = False
		EfficiencyBonus = 1
		IsActivated = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		lastUpdateTime = 0
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = USI_ModuleFieldRepair
		isEnabled = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = MKSModule
		isEnabled = True
		Governor = 1
		lastCheck = -1
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleCoreHeat
		isEnabled = True
		CoreTempGoalAdjustment = 0
		CoreThermalEnergy = 0
		stagingEnabled = True
		lastUpdateTime = 0
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleSwappableConverter
		isEnabled = True
		currentLoadout = 0
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = True
		currentLoadout = 1
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = True
		isActive = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModulePlanetaryLogistics
		isEnabled = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleLogisticsConsumer
		isEnabled = True
		lastCheck = -1
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = PartExplainerModule
		isEnabled = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Machinery
		amount = 650
		maxAmount = 650
		flowState = True
		isTweakable = True
		hideFlow = False
		isVisible = True
		flowMode = Both
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Recyclables
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 650
		flowState = True
		isTweakable = True
		hideFlow = False
		isVisible = True
		flowMode = Both
	}
}
PART
{
	part = MKS.Processor250_4294467310
	partName = Part
	persistentId = 504768055
	pos = -3.09357786,14.9283485,0.599583745
	attPos = 0,0,0
	attPos0 = -2.74999952,0,0
	rot = -0.5,-0.5,0.5,-0.5
	attRot = -0.49999994,-0.49999994,0.49999994,-0.49999994
	attRot0 = 0.707106829,0.707106829,0,0
	mir = 1,1,1
	symMethod = Radial
	autostrutMode = Off
	rigidAttachment = False
	istg = -1
	resPri = 0
	dstg = 0
	sidx = -1
	sqor = -1
	sepI = -1
	attm = 0
	modCost = 0
	modMass = 0
	modSize = 0,0,0
	attN = top,C3.Kontainer.02_4294515210_0|1.75|0
	EVENTS
	{
	}
	ACTIONS
	{
	}
	PARTDATA
	{
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = True
		EfficiencyBonus = 1
		IsActivated = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		lastUpdateTime = 0
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = Custom01
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = False
		EfficiencyBonus = 1
		IsActivated = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		lastUpdateTime = 0
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = False
		EfficiencyBonus = 1
		IsActivated = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		lastUpdateTime = 0
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = False
		EfficiencyBonus = 1
		IsActivated = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		lastUpdateTime = 0
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = False
		EfficiencyBonus = 1
		IsActivated = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		lastUpdateTime = 0
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = False
		EfficiencyBonus = 1
		IsActivated = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		lastUpdateTime = 0
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = False
		EfficiencyBonus = 1
		IsActivated = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		lastUpdateTime = 0
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = False
		EfficiencyBonus = 1
		IsActivated = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		lastUpdateTime = 0
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = False
		EfficiencyBonus = 1
		IsActivated = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		lastUpdateTime = 0
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = False
		EfficiencyBonus = 1
		IsActivated = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		lastUpdateTime = 0
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = False
		EfficiencyBonus = 1
		IsActivated = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		lastUpdateTime = 0
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = MKSModule
		isEnabled = True
		Governor = 1
		lastCheck = -1
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleCoreHeat
		isEnabled = True
		CoreThermalEnergy = 0
		stagingEnabled = True
		lastUpdateTime = 0
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = True
		currentLoadout = 0
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = True
		currentLoadout = 0
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = True
		isActive = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModulePlanetaryLogistics
		isEnabled = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = True
		lastCheck = -1
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = PartExplainerModule
		isEnabled = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Machinery
		amount = 650
		maxAmount = 650
		flowState = True
		isTweakable = True
		hideFlow = False
		isVisible = True
		flowMode = Both
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Recyclables
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 650
		flowState = True
		isTweakable = True
		hideFlow = False
		isVisible = True
		flowMode = Both
	}
}
PART
{
	part = probeStackSmall_4294398006
	partName = Part
	persistentId = 1664642070
	pos = -0.343578398,16.0283489,0.599583745
	attPos = 0,0,0
	attPos0 = 0,1.1920929E-07,1.10000038
	rot = 0,0,0,1
	attRot = 0,0,0,1
	attRot0 = -0.707106829,0,0,-0.707106829
	mir = 1,1,1
	symMethod = Radial
	autostrutMode = Off
	rigidAttachment = False
	istg = -1
	resPri = 0
	dstg = 0
	sidx = -1
	sqor = -1
	sepI = -1
	attm = 0
	modCost = 0
	modMass = 0
	modSize = 0,0,0
	link = USI.Nuke.125_4294434188
	attN = bottom,C3.Kontainer.02_4294515210_0|-0.1|0
	attN = top,USI.Nuke.125_4294434188_0|0.1|0
	EVENTS
	{
	}
	ACTIONS
	{
	}
	PARTDATA
	{
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleProbeControlPoint
		isEnabled = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleCommand
		isEnabled = True
		hibernation = False
		hibernateOnWarp = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			MakeReferenceToggle
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			HibernateToggle
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleReactionWheel
		isEnabled = True
		actuatorModeCycle = 0
		authorityLimiter = 100
		stateString = Active
		stagingEnabled = True
		WheelState = Active
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			CycleAction
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			Activate
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			Deactivate
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			Toggle
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleSAS
		isEnabled = True
		standaloneToggle = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleKerbNetAccess
		isEnabled = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			OpenKerbNetAction
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleDataTransmitter
		isEnabled = True
		xmitIncomplete = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			StartTransmissionAction
			{
				actionGroup = None
				active = False
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleScienceContainer
		isEnabled = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			CollectAllAction
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = True
		lastCheck = -1
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleTripLogger
		isEnabled = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		Log
		{
			flight = 0
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = ElectricCharge
		amount = 15
		maxAmount = 15
		flowState = True
		isTweakable = True
		hideFlow = False
		isVisible = True
		flowMode = Both
	}
}
PART
{
	part = USI.Nuke.125_4294434188
	partName = Part
	persistentId = 1213916127
	pos = -0.343578398,17.1283493,0.599583745
	attPos = 0,0,0
	attPos0 = 0,1.10000026,-2.38418579E-07
	rot = 0,0,0,1
	attRot = 0,0,0,1
	attRot0 = 0,0,0,1
	mir = 1,1,1
	symMethod = Radial
	autostrutMode = Off
	rigidAttachment = False
	istg = -1
	resPri = 0
	dstg = 0
	sidx = -1
	sqor = -1
	sepI = -1
	attm = 0
	modCost = 0
	modMass = 0
	modSize = 0,0,0
	link = Ranger.HeatPump_4294422672
	attN = bottom,probeStackSmall_4294398006_0|-1|0
	attN = top,Ranger.HeatPump_4294422672_0|1|0
	EVENTS
	{
	}
	ACTIONS
	{
	}
	PARTDATA
	{
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleResourceConverter
		isEnabled = True
		EfficiencyBonus = 1
		IsActivated = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		lastUpdateTime = 0
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			{
				actionGroup = Custom01
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleCoreHeat
		isEnabled = True
		CoreThermalEnergy = 0
		stagingEnabled = True
		lastUpdateTime = 0
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = EnrichedUranium
		amount = 22
		maxAmount = 22
		flowState = True
		isTweakable = True
		hideFlow = False
		isVisible = True
		flowMode = Both
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = DepletedFuel
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 22
		flowState = True
		isTweakable = False
		hideFlow = False
		isVisible = True
		flowMode = Both
	}
}
PART
{
	part = Ranger.HeatPump_4294422672
	partName = Part
	persistentId = 2337758433
	pos = -0.343578398,18.1283493,0.599583983
	attPos = 0,0,0
	attPos0 = 0,0.999999881,0
	rot = 0.707106829,0,0,0.707106829
	attRot = 0.707106769,0,0,0.707106769
	attRot0 = 0.707106829,0,0,0.707106829
	mir = 1,1,1
	symMethod = Radial
	autostrutMode = Off
	rigidAttachment = False
	istg = -1
	resPri = 0
	dstg = 0
	sidx = -1
	sqor = -1
	sepI = -1
	attm = 0
	modCost = 0
	modMass = 0
	modSize = 0,0,0
	attN = pod,USI.Nuke.125_4294434188_0|0|0
	EVENTS
	{
	}
	ACTIONS
	{
	}
	PARTDATA
	{
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleHeatPump
		isEnabled = True
		IsCooling = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
			ToggleRadiatorAction
			{
				actionGroup = Custom01
			}
			ActivateAction
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
			ShutdownAction
			{
				actionGroup = None
			}
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleWeightDistributableCargo
		isEnabled = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = True
		isActive = False
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
	MODULE
	{
		isEnabled = True
		stagingEnabled = True
		EVENTS
		{
		}
		ACTIONS
		{
		}
		UPGRADESAPPLIED
		{
		}
	}
}

That looks like exactly the way the parts are configured in the KSP 1.3.1 game - I there anywhere bits of an older MKS could survived deleting and redownloading the 1.4.1 GameData folder, installing into it only the latest MKS, and making a fresh save for this test?

I just completely uninstalled KSP 1.4.4 and reinstalled 1.4.3 from steam, and see the same problems.

Has anyone seen multiple-bay converters working properly with MKS 0.55 on 1.4.3 or 1.4.4?

Edited by Johould

1 hour ago, Johould said:

I just completely uninstalled KSP 1.4.4 and reinstalled 1.4.3 from steam, and see the same problems.

Has anyone seen multiple-bay converters working properly with MKS 0.55 on 1.4.3 or 1.4.4?

Manually install the latest USI-Tools via github 

5 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Manually install the latest USI-Tools via github 

I forgot that in the new 1.4.3 install, but nothing changes after adding https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/UmbraSpaceIndustries/releases/download/0.12.0.0/USITools_0.12.0.0.zip (md5 18ee76355dcc1a72ea81b9530a0c72e1).

I had already installed that manually in the modded 1.4.4 install where I first noticed this problem. Maybe you have been testing with a newer build?

Edited by Johould

hey, i found a resource lode from orbit, and when i went to switch to it, i was stuck in a spot where the node would fall to kerbin from 1-5 meter above the ground (the model was still clipping into the ground texture, though, so not too high) and as soon as it hit kerbin's surface, it would respawn above kerbin at the same height. i couldn't switch away from it or go back to space center, as i was moving over surface, and had to end up "recovering" the lode. is this a bug? idk what would be causign this, from others people comments it seems like the lode is just supposed to be resting on the planets surface, not moving. im using the latest version of MKS, 0.55, on 1.4.4. is it because im using 1.4.4 that i get this issue? 

Edited by 123nick