[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:07 AM, Cheif Operations Director said:

Does this still work in KSP 1.4? and when using sandbox is it possible to disable life support?

Click the icon in the space center view,A screen is going to appear where you can change what each life support does when depleted,Select none on all option and you will not have to deal with life support

Edit:Any tips for building a small colony on minmus?Im planing to combine rancher technology with Duna tech

Edited by KerbolExplorer

56 minutes ago, Jhaxxar said:

Got a real cool station complex with a Wheel Habitat. Noticed that the Wheel Habitat is BLACK when I look inside it. Am I missing something to make the interior show up? 

Yep, an IVA :)  Which does not exist for that model

Can the seconds between each "recharge" of the powercouplers be shortened? In my Mun and Minmus bases I have just two miners around the base, each with just one MEU-500-A drill with all three heads operating and one Ranger thermal control system active and even with 4000 EC in their batteries, they end up running out of power and shutting down because they can't recharge quickly enough

I am sure there was a way to use both MKS and simple construction but only need rocket parts from ground construction to build with but I cant seem to find the patch/cfg info to do so. has any one else done this? (turn of MKS crafting system and enable the simpler ore to metal to rocket parts of ground construction)

Edited by wenth

11 hours ago, juanml82 said:

Can the seconds between each "recharge" of the powercouplers be shortened? In my Mun and Minmus bases I have just two miners around the base, each with just one MEU-500-A drill with all three heads operating and one Ranger thermal control system active and even with 4000 EC in their batteries, they end up running out of power and shutting down because they can't recharge quickly enough

In lieu of a shorter interval, add more storage at both ends to transfer more power per operation.

1 hour ago, KerbolExplorer said:

It directed me to a Minecraft wiki:/

Whoops, my bad with the wrong copypaste. Here's the page.

5 hours ago, voicey99 said:

In lieu of a shorter interval, add more storage at both ends to transfer more power per operation.

But is it a matter of electric storage capacity or fuel flow? If I read the stats correctly, each drill head consumes 85.81 Ec/sec and the thermal thing consumes 2.5, for a total of 259,93 ec/sec (for all three heads working at once). So if over 5 seconds the coupler doesn't deliver 1300 ec, then it will eventually run out of power anyway.

Otoh, now that I'm checking the numbers, are the powercouplers designed to power those drills? They consume a lot of power

Otoh2: I'm not reading the electric consumption in the VAB right, am I? A single 1.25m reactor, which delivers 200 Ec/sec can power that small rig

Edited by juanml82

1 hour ago, juanml82 said:

But is it a matter of electric storage capacity or fuel flow? If I read the stats correctly, each drill head consumes 85.81 Ec/sec and the thermal thing consumes 2.5, for a total of 259,93 ec/sec (for all three heads working at once). So if over 5 seconds the coupler doesn't deliver 1300 ec, then it will eventually run out of power anyway.

Otoh, now that I'm checking the numbers, are the powercouplers designed to power those drills? They consume a lot of power

Power couplers are just to transmit energy from ship to ship for whatever reason. The reason adding more storage increases the transfer rate is because whenever a transfer instance takes place up to 10% of the storage capacity of the smallest vessel can be transferred in one go, so if you needed 1.2kEC/s you would need a minimum of 1,200 * [however many seconds between transfers] worth of EC storage.

Edited by voicey99

On 8/11/2018 at 8:26 PM, Shoryuken said:

Hi there, im having a little issue with the Status Screen, if im on a vessel for a little longer than the other vessels what are flying around showing up in the screen as out of EC and until i switch to them they will countdown... they still have plently of EC though can i solve that somehow ?

It took a while but i solved that problem by myself....

56 minutes ago, Jhaxxar said:

I assume that someone has told them about this problem. If not I will

The "them" in this case is RoverDude, the guy who answered your question and who also made this mod.  :P

Many/most of his crewed parts don't have IVAs; he's said before that he doesn't like making them.  (Many modders don't, because they're a pain and people don't look at them much anyway.)

Hi.

I'm sorry for asking this because I'm sure it has been asked before although searching and trawling through 3000+ posts is proving quite difficult.

But can someone please answer this simple question for me: does MKS work on version 1.4.5? I notice it's not on ckan and github / spacedock are showing it for version 1.3.x

Thanks

G

43 minutes ago, garbfink said:

Hi.

I'm sorry for asking this because I'm sure it has been asked before although searching and trawling through 3000+ posts is proving quite difficult.

But can someone please answer this simple question for me: does MKS work on version 1.4.5? I notice it's not on ckan and github / spacedock are showing it for version 1.3.x

Thanks

G

Yes, and the USI mods are definitely on CKAN.  Have you allowed CKAN to see 1.4.5 compatible mods (under CKAN > Settings > Compatible KSP versions)?

On 8/13/2018 at 4:28 PM, Johould said:

Strange, an MEU-100 it definitely lost the engineer skill bonus when I separated my test rover. What did you test? I just tested a little two-part rover on the runway, with drills and a non-engineer kerbal on one side of the separator, and the engineer on the other. Drill load was 85% with them docked (3-star engineer), only 5% undocked.

A bootstrapping base already on the Mun.  I went and did some more testing (I'm unhooking to go get more substrate anyway) until I broke it, and it seems that when I have both the engineer and the miner in the rover there's no manned bonus, but if I have one in each the manned bonus stays the same (less the loss of the radiator on the rover).  So I will need on miner per drill rig, but they'll benefit all rigs.

More worryingly is the stuff that came up about remote power while I was away.  Half the reason I'm doing this is the terrible thermals caused by hooking the reactor to the drill rig.:huh: