[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

28 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Huh??

Intended line: I believe that nothing in the timers accounts for processes that consume resources or receive inputs, so both supplies and electricity will go down, even though the vessel itself never gets below full.

I think I may have accidentally left out an o making part of 'accounts' a word that got replaced by the language filter.

19 hours ago, AngrybobH said:

Huh. I thought that there was something in USI-LS for background processes. So, I guess that part is working as intended.

Keralism actually does scaled-down background processing, but in doing so changes the stock mechanics(which MKS relies on) and that is why Kerbalism and USI-LS/MKS are not compatible.  I would suspect that it also puts a limit on how much stuff you can have outside the KSC, but I have never used Kerbalism, so I would not know.

I believe that RoverDude is actually the one that implemented the catch-up processing in stock(for ISRU) which could be how he is able to leverage it so effectively.

I have a dumb question.. I am using the construction Docking Ports to build a station.. in particular the Sr. ones.  I seem to have issues from time to time with the modules wanting to repel each other instead of magnetizing like normal.  

The modules I am trying to dock together, have been docked successfully around kerbin.. but this second set that is around minmus is exhibiting this issue. 

Is there a way to fix / workaround this issue so I wouldn't have to rebuild the station from scratch?  Or is this more of a game bug than a mod bug?

3 hours ago, brohande said:

I have a dumb question.. I am using the construction Docking Ports to build a station.. in particular the Sr. ones.  I seem to have issues from time to time with the modules wanting to repel each other instead of magnetizing like normal.  

The modules I am trying to dock together, have been docked successfully around kerbin.. but this second set that is around minmus is exhibiting this issue. 

Is there a way to fix / workaround this issue so I wouldn't have to rebuild the station from scratch?  Or is this more of a game bug than a mod bug?

If qickload/quicksave doesn't fix the issue then check if you have snap activated on both ports and if you did make sure the angle is the same on both ports or they will repel each other.

Does anyone know what happened to the large harvesters and dome parts that were teased quite a while ago? 

Since Roverdude hasn't been very active lately I suppose he's busy with other stuff right now (which he totally deserves :)) but I was wondering if those parts are still in the pipeline for a soonTM release.

Cheers

Hello, I'm playing ksp 1.4.3 and I have encountered a strange thing while testing some MKS bases recently with only MKS installed. The MaterialKits production is becoming strange while a 3.75 assembly line or a 2.5 workshop is paired with a converter set to "Worshop".
When you have only one converter set to worshop everything is fine, it boosts correctly the MK production according to the maths but when I had another converter set to "Workshop" , it starts to become odd
the MK production when the "Workshop" bays are off is divided by 2, it's still consumming resources normaly but the MK output is divided by 2. And when I am starting the "Workshops" the comsumption rate is boosted according to the maths but
not the MK production, only the divided production is boosted which means two "Worshop" are way less efficient than one which seems a bit buggy since this means you can't have 2 assembly line and 2 worshops in one vessel .
Here's a screenshot showing the issue and I will post the log if it's needed.
https://imgur.com/gallery/8j5haPB
Cheers
Edited by El Tardos

On 9/12/2018 at 2:34 PM, El Tardos said:
Hello, I'm playing ksp 1.4.3 and I have encountered a strange thing while testing some MKS bases recently with only MKS installed. The MaterialKits production is becoming strange while a 3.75 assembly line or a 2.5 workshop is paired with a converter set to "Worshop".
When you have only one converter set to worshop everything is fine, it boosts correctly the MK production according to the maths but when I had another converter set to "Workshop" , it starts to become odd :

It's a bug. I have some earlier posts about it.

Basically, RoverDude had to rework the code for multiple converters to work with 1.4, and also added a second nicer way to define parts with multiple converters (but it doesn't work if bays can become efficiency parts or recyclers). Along the way the bit of code was lost that added a multiplier for number of running bays to parts in the old style.

(In the old style the part has a full converter module definition and the bay settings change which of those are running, and are supposed to add a multipler when multiple bays are on the same setting. So, KSP always sees like 8 converters or whatever, most of which are disabled. In the new style there are only as many converter modules as there are bays, and bay switching actually changes the recipe of the converter, so KSP only sees as many converters as there are bays).

1 hour ago, Johould said:

It's a bug. I have some earlier posts about it.

Basically, RoverDude had to rework the code for multiple converters to work with 1.4, and also added a second nicer way to define parts with multiple converters (but it doesn't work if bays can become efficiency parts or recyclers). Along the way the bit of code was lost that added a multiplier for number of running bays to parts in the old style.

(In the old style the part has a full converter module definition and the bay settings change which of those are running, and are supposed to add a multipler when multiple bays are on the same setting. So, KSP always sees like 8 converters or whatever, most of which are disabled. In the new style there are only as many converter modules as there are bays, and bay switching actually changes the recipe of the converter, so KSP only sees as many converters as there are bays).

I'm wondering if this is related to my issue, I have 2 industrial refineries.  The first has 2 bays for metals, 1 bay chemical the second has 2 bays polymers, 1 bay chemicals.

Chemicals are producing at a much higher rate than metals or polymers, and minerals are being consumed at twice the rate of metallic ore or substrate.

No efficiency parts are involved.

6 hours ago, Baladain said:

I'm wondering if this is related to my issue, I have 2 industrial refineries.  The first has 2 bays for metals, 1 bay chemical the second has 2 bays polymers, 1 bay chemicals.

Chemicals are producing at a much higher rate than metals or polymers, and minerals are being consumed at twice the rate of metallic ore or substrate.

As Roverdude has stated some post ago, try to install USI_Tools from GitHub manually.

6 minutes ago, I likeOxidizerrfuel said:

When is this mod going to be updated to 1.4.5? The github says that it's for KSP 1.4.1. Is RoverDude working on something for these mods cause they all say in their github repo 1.4.1.

It works well for the 1.4.5, so I don't think there is a reason for such an update.

14 hours ago, El Tardos said:

As Roverdude has stated some post ago, try to install USI_Tools from GitHub manually.

Did that.

Version I had is the same as the one that was in the MKS repo.  Is there a more up to date version in a different repo?

On 9/15/2018 at 7:24 PM, Baladain said:

Yeah, that's the same thing. Drills switched to ModuleSwappableConverterNew and should work fine, but with any other configurable part it will be a waste to have multiple bays on the same setting until this bug is fixed.

16 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Yes... the USI Tools Repo ;)

The 0.12.0.0 release from https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/UmbraSpaceIndustries has the bug with multiple converters. Multiple bays stopped helping on parts using ModuleSwappableConverter when commit 800d15d deleted the SetEfficiencyBonus("SwapBay",...) call  along with ModuleSwapConverterUpdate.cs, and didn't move the calculation elsewhere.

On 2/4/2017 at 8:30 AM, RoverDude said:

It's the latter bit (manufacturing DIY kits in-situ) that I want to work with @allista on.  Tho I need to do my part of the bargain and wrap up models :)

On 6/16/2018 at 3:12 AM, allista said:

There's already a PR with GC2 that is ready for merge into MKS repo.

Just wait for the next MKS release.

Did this never happen? Did I just spend 2 hours trying to figure out how to build off-world to no end except "install EPL"?

3 hours ago, Johould said:

Yeah, that's the same thing. Drills switched to ModuleSwappableConverterNew and should work fine, but with any other configurable part it will be a waste to have multiple bays on the same setting until this bug is fixed.

The 0.12.0.0 release from https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/UmbraSpaceIndustries has the bug with multiple converters. Multiple bays stopped helping on parts using ModuleSwappableConverter when commit 800d15d deleted the SetEfficiencyBonus("SwapBay",...) call  along with ModuleSwapConverterUpdate.cs, and didn't move the calculation elsewhere.

Confirmed, downloaded USI tools from https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/UmbraSpaceIndustries/releases

Installed, version was the same as previously installed.  Did not resolve issue.

13 minutes ago, Howdidigethere said:

I think I’m late on this, but is it updated/ updating to the new(ish) 1.4 and onwards?

welcome to the forums...piece of advice...Modders aren't supposed to be asked about when an update will occur updates...it's against forum rules because they are players too and working for free.

You can always start by reading back in the thread because it's really likely others have commented on its status before. Many 1.3.x mods work just fine without an update and someone has probably already tried it and talked about it.

Edited by Tyko

11 minutes ago, Howdidigethere said:

I think I’m late on this, but is it updated/ updating to the new(ish) 1.4 and onwards?

Yes. It's not against the rules to ask if something works in the latest version. It's against the rules to say "update this right now to 1.4!""

sufficient time has passed and update is neither announced, nor already asked by someone -  a polite inquiry about an update is OK. Pestering is NOT OK,

Edited by dlrk

1 minute ago, dlrk said:

Yes. It's not against the rules to ask if something works in the latest version. It's against the rules to say "update this right now to 1.4!""

That's a really good clarification. I updated my posting above to reflect that. Thanks!

54 minutes ago, dlrk said:

That said, I kinda wonder why the OP hasn't been update.

LIkely because.

1. @RoverDude has always been busy, so updating the OP is way down on the list.

2. Anyone can click on the release notes in the OP to actually see what is going on

I thought I had a third, but I can't remember now.