[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

2 hours ago, Tabris said:

i'm still not convinced that  @goldenpsp isn't your ALT @RoverDude

I'm definitely not.  I've just been around here for about forever.  I still scan and keep up on my favorite KSP threads daily.  And I know how busy @RoverDude is with all of his mods, and everything else with his life.  So anytime I can help answer a question and save him time it's more time he can spend on the mods or whatever :D

So, it looks like i'm not quite as as outdated as i thought. still on 1.3

Anyways, I have a bug. maybe?

Life Support (EC mainly) and other stuff doesn't update in the background.

For example, I sent some kerbals to Duna. they would regularly run out of electricity, despite having more than enough EC generation on board.

once i switch to In Flight,  everything would update, and the kerbals would return to work.

Is there a way to make the Life Support Status thing update crafts that aren't in focus? Or should that be happening, and my stuff is broken?

Edited by CaribouGone

57 minutes ago, CaribouGone said:

So, it looks like i'm not quite as as outdated as i thought. still on 1.3

Anyways, I have a bug. maybe?

Life Support (EC mainly) and other stuff doesn't update in the background.

For example, I sent some kerbals to Duna. they would regularly run out of electricity, despite having more than enough EC generation on board.

once i switch to In Flight,  everything would update, and the kerbals would return to work.

Is there a way to make the Life Support Status thing update crafts that aren't in focus? Or should that be happening, and my stuff is broken?

This is normal.  KSP doesn't process crafts in the background at all, once they're loaded it uses a "catch-up" mechanic in six hour chunks at a time.  You can see this in effect if you quickly open the resources tab just after loading the vessel.

14 hours ago, tsaven said:

This is normal.  KSP doesn't process crafts in the background at all, once they're loaded it uses a "catch-up" mechanic in six hour chunks at a time.  You can see this in effect if you quickly open the resources tab just after loading the vessel.

Ok, that makes sense.

Do you know how that interacts with the lethal options? Does this catch-up happen before checking to see if they should be dead?

As it is now, they are turning into tourists, and then returning to work once everything is updated. Because of this, i'm worried they'll be killed in-the-background/immediately-on-load before the script updates and sees they should be alive.

8 minutes ago, CaribouGone said:

Ok, that makes sense.

Do you know how that interacts with the lethal options? Does this catch-up happen before checking to see if they should be dead?

As it is now, they are turning into tourists, and then returning to work once everything is updated. Because of this, i'm worried they'll be killed in-the-background/immediately-on-load before the script updates and sees they should be alive.

Both of those should happen after the catch-up...  However there is a gotcha on the catch-up: It happens in 6-hour chunks.  If you don't have storage for everything for at least 6 hours (and I recommend 13 if you're using the logistics distribution), then you'll run out and recover repeatedly during the catch up.  So add some bigger batteries if EC's the problem.

37 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Both of those should happen after the catch-up...  However there is a gotcha on the catch-up: It happens in 6-hour chunks.  If you don't have storage for everything for at least 6 hours (and I recommend 13 if you're using the logistics distribution), then you'll run out and recover repeatedly during the catch up.  So add some bigger batteries if EC's the problem.

Thanks.

I think most of my crafts should be safe. i'll keep that in mind though.

This might be just something on my part, but for some reason, I have the option to deploy certain parts (ex. the ranger habitat but still need the resources) outside my base, but when I get inside the base, it doesn't give me the option.  I don't know what to do from here, but is it because of KIS or KAS? I attached it via KIS, but still allows the option to deploy outside of base, but not inside.

Edited by Shad_The_Knight

4 hours ago, Shad_The_Knight said:

This might be just something on my part, but for some reason, I have the option to deploy certain parts (ex. the ranger habitat but still need the resources) outside my base, but when I get inside the base, it doesn't give me the option.  I don't know what to do from here, but is it because of KIS or KAS? I attached it via KIS, but still allows the option to deploy outside of base, but not inside.

By design.

On 12/31/2018 at 4:10 PM, RookFett said:

If your going to use the Constellation install - remove the CKAN version of MKS/USI (which should erase all the folders it installed) - then do a fresh install with Constellation - you should almost never install on top of mods - some things do not get removed when you do that - and can cause weird errors - as you noted per "normal procedure".

Good advice and I've run into complications that I'm unsure how to handle efficiently.

If I use CKAN to remove all installed RoverDude's mods that are also present in the Constellation download, CKAN also plans to remove other mods which depend on USI, such as the Near Future collection.  Do I now have to note and then reinstall those mods after manually dropping the Constellation\GameData into my GameData?  Is there a better way to do this?

Also, there is no one "MKS/USI" mod to uninstall but 14 separate ones.

I know that RoverDude maintains his own CKAN compatibility, but it would be so much appreciated if it could be updated for KSP 1.5.1.

16 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Good advice and I've run into complications that I'm unsure how to handle efficiently.

If I use CKAN to remove all installed RoverDude's mods that are also present in the Constellation download, CKAN also plans to remove other mods which depend on USI, such as the Near Future collection.  Do I now have to note and then reinstall those mods after manually dropping the Constellation\GameData into my GameData?  Is there a better way to do this?

Also, there is no one "MKS/USI" mod to uninstall but 14 separate ones.

I know that RoverDude maintains his own CKAN compatibility, but it would be so much appreciated if it could be updated for KSP 1.5.1.

I used to use CKAN - but I had too many issues waiting for updates and cross connections.   Since I am pretty capable of manually installing zips, that is what I do.     Now I use the KSP-AVC and get the updates as soon as the modder changes them.

In your case, I would install all the mods you want via CKAN - then manually install the constellation pack - you may have to review the CKAN mods if they need to add a MM script for USI/MKS compatibility though.  (usually you just drop that cfg in the folder)

4 hours ago, Sylvira said:

I installed it on 1.6.1 and it works well so war. only the UIS, lifesupport system dont work. and no greenhouses and life support objects available to build. will there be an update for that?

LS looks fine to me on 1.6.1.  It is functioning and all of the parts show in the tree.

30 minutes ago, Sylvira said:

it says

https://i.gyazo.com/0fc3d09b74e4de8f2ac5aed7219b23a6.png

when i start it. moste parts are inside except the life support part. (category with the leafes icon)

You are not using the latest version.  For 1.6 use the latest constellation release.  It will still complain about the version (except it will reference 1.5) but it works.

https://github.com/BobPalmer/USI_Constellation/releases

8 hours ago, Sylvira said:

im using the "USI_Kolonization_Systems_MKS_OKS-0.55.0.0" downloadet here. whe could i find a newer version?

There's a small link on the USI page that links to the constellation page:

https://github.com/BobPalmer/USI_Constellation/releases

I've been using USI/MKS for years and never noticed it until just a few days ago when goldenpsp mentioned it.

I installed that on a brand new 1.6 install and I get many errors and some of the big drills don't load (a known issue with ksp 1.5+), but it seems like most of the other stuff still shows up and works

Honest think i would have got bored and stopped playing this game a long time ago if it wasnt for these mods. They really give a sense of purpose to the game!
Ive noticed habitation and Lifesupport (greenhouses) seem  to no longer be compatible with the habitation/supply recycling parts in the Stockalike Station Parts Redux mods? (V1.6) There's no option to start the greenhouses and even the largest hab parts provide practically no boost to habitation. Would I need to add something via a MM patch to correct this? or would it be better just to tweak the Hab settings in game? Any advice to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!