[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

5 hours ago, Kethevin said:

CKAN claims this mod is no longer compatible with KSP.  Is this temporary?  :-)

Thanks.

Sounds like the metadata file needs to be updated, as I do not beleve there are any problems with running the latest version of MKS on 1.7.2

I suggest setting your compatible versions to include 1.7 for your 1.7.1/2 game.

I know people are saying there isn't a problem with MKS on 1.7.2, so how are you all getting USI Tools to work properly with 1.7.2? When I load the game I get a "USI Tools - Unsupported KSP version... Please use 1.6" message.  Or is that just MiniAVC having a freak out? I only ask because it's not doing it for the other mods from USI

Edited by madindehead

8 minutes ago, madindehead said:

I know people are saying there isn't a problem with MKS on 1.7.2, so how are you all getting USI Tools to work properly with 1.7.2? When I load the game I get a "USI Tools - Unsupported KSP version... Please use 1.6" message. 

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/User-guide#choosing-compatible-game-versions

if it says it need 1.6, then add 1.6 as a compatible version

55 minutes ago, madindehead said:

I know people are saying there isn't a problem with MKS on 1.7.2, so how are you all getting USI Tools to work properly with 1.7.2? When I load the game I get a "USI Tools - Unsupported KSP version... Please use 1.6" message.  Or is that just MiniAVC having a freak out? I only ask because it's not doing it for the other mods from USI

If you’re getting mini AVC warnings, they can usually be ignored without worry. I have to click off of about a dozen of them every time my game loads. One of the unfortunate side effects of being stuck on KSP 1.4.3.

If you’re getting the dialogue box with yellow text that says “Incompatible mods detected” then you might have something serious to worry about.

4 minutes ago, Drtyhppy2 said:

If you’re getting mini AVC warnings, they can usually be ignored without worry. I have to click off of about a dozen of them every time my game loads. One of the unfortunate side effects of being stuck on KSP 1.4.3.

If you’re getting the dialogue box with yellow text that says “Incompatible mods detected” then you might have something serious to worry about.

OK thanks. It's not saying that, it's all still running fine. Will just have to deal with it I guess! 

9 hours ago, QuakeIV said:

so how is that WOLF thing going?

Every time someone asks, RoverDude delays the release by another week.

From what he's said, the release of 1.7 and the DLC kinda caught a lot of modders by surprise and has delayed a lot of releases.

So, guy, i have some problem with the flexotube. After installed it into 2 different module, i try to right-click on one of them to link it together, but it didn't work for some reason. When i right-click on them, it only say " disassemble part" without any link button. Plz tell me if i missin something 

1 hour ago, xlmt4567 said:

So, guy, i have some problem with the flexotube. After installed it into 2 different module, i try to right-click on one of them to link it together, but it didn't work for some reason. When i right-click on them, it only say " disassemble part" without any link button. Plz tell me if i missin something 

known issue but with KAS removing the functionality from the pipe connectors (flex-o-tubes are re-sized & re-skinned KAS pipes)

i think a fix/workaround was posted a couple of pages back.

On 7/6/2019 at 9:26 AM, infinite_monkey said:

I don't think RoverDude was surprised by 1.7, I guess he was rather busy working on it...

Curse him and his being too good at his job to devout attention to work that he does for free!  :huh:

I can't remember where I saw it but I seem to remember there being a config file to remove the ability to hire Kolonists (Technicians etc) from the Astronaut Complex at KSC. Or am I making that up? I want to use MKS and some of the mods but I'm not too bothered about having the new job traits. I did check the wiki, KSPedia and the config files but I couldn't find anything. Any help would be great :)

Update: I found the setting. It was in the main game difficulty settings. 

Edited by madindehead
Found what I needed.

18 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

I was thinking of finally starting and MKS/USI LS game, one question- does Wild Blue Pathfinder etc. conflict with this? I would think it does since it seems to use a slightly different resource set.

They are not designed to work together.  You could probably make them work together with some MM configs, but you'd be on your own to do that.

27 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

They are not designed to work together.  You could probably make them work together with some MM configs, but you'd be on your own to do that.

Yeah, that was my guess. Pity, they sure are easier than most to ship in and get up and working. Thanks for the quick answer.

3 minutes ago, vossiewulf said:

Yeah, that was my guess. Pity, they sure are easier than most to ship in and get up and working. Thanks for the quick answer.

I don't know how long it has been since trying MKS but it has a whole set of inflatable modules for setting up starter bases.

12 hours ago, goldenpsp said:

I don't know how long it has been since trying MKS but it has a whole set of inflatable modules for setting up starter bases.

I've never tried MKS, wasn't aware it also had inflatables, thanks again. BTW I was reading the wiki last night and although there is a goodly amount of info there, the tutorials left a lot to the imagination. Is there a better tutorial anywhere?

Also, the docs say TAC LS is possible but not exactly seamless, requiring manual config work. Is that still the case?

2 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

I've never tried MKS, wasn't aware it also had inflatables, thanks again. BTW I was reading the wiki last night and although there is a goodly amount of info there, the tutorials left a lot to the imagination. Is there a better tutorial anywhere?

Also, the docs say TAC LS is possible but not exactly seamless, requiring manual config work. Is that still the case?

What I generally do (even though I have used MKS for years) when I haven't played in awhile is start a sandbox game and setup the modules at the KSC and play around to get a feel for how everything works together.

TAC-LS is unofficially supported.  This means there are community made configs for the integration.  @RoverDude is not opposed to including said configs, he just doesn't maintain them himself.  I haven't used TAC in years, since USI-LS came out so I don't have any idea how well it works these days.

I'd like to add a pull request for a variant of the multihub with points every 120 degrees instead of 90 degrees, but I'm having trouble understanding the part config, specifically the structure of the nodes.

The current multihub has the following. which indicates the first three points are x for node, z for node (height), and y for node. The following defines three sets of four nodes, each set at a different height (-.5, -.1, and .5)

node_stack_FA1=0,-.5,-1.375,0,0,-1,1
	node_stack_FA2=-1.375,-.5,0,-1,0,0,1
	node_stack_FA3=0,-.5,1.375,0,0,1,1
	node_stack_FA4=1.375,-.5,0,1,0,0,1

node_stack_FB1=0,-.1,-1.375,0,0,-1,1
	node_stack_FB2=-1.375,-.1,0,-1,0,0,1
	node_stack_FB3=0,-.1,1.375,0,0,1,1
	node_stack_FB4=1.375,-.1,0,1,0,0,1

node_stack_FC1=0,.5,-1.375,0,0,-1,1
	node_stack_FC2=-1.375,.5,0,-1,0,0,1
	node_stack_FC3=0,.5,1.375,0,0,1,1
	node_stack_FC4=1.375,.5,0,1,0,0,1

I'm able to use the following to put the points in the correct positions:

node_stack_FA2=-1.1908,-.5,.6875,-1,0,0,1
	node_stack_FA3=1.1908,-.5,.6875,0,0,1,1

node_stack_FB2=-1.1908,-.1,.6875,-1,0,0,1
	node_stack_FB3=1.1908,-.1,.6875,0,0,1,1

node_stack_FC2=-1.1908,.5,.6875,-1,0,0,1
	node_stack_FC3=1.1908,.5,.6875,0,0,1,1

However, the remaining four data points must define the normal for the point or something similar because the nodes don't attach correctly in the VAB.  Can someone help me understand the remaining points?

14 hours ago, notthebobo said:

However, the remaining four data points must define the normal for the point or something similar because the nodes don't attach correctly in the VAB.  Can someone help me understand the remaining points?

Further analysis indicates the node is defined as (node x, node z, node y, normal x, normal z, normal y, unknown). The following part file change places the nodes correctly.

node_stack_FA2=-1.1908,-.5,.6875,-1,0,0,1
	node_stack_FA3=1.1908,-.5,.6875,0,0,1,1

node_stack_FB2=-1.1908,-.1,.6875,-1,0,0,1
	node_stack_FB3=1.1908,-.1,.6875,0,0,1,1

node_stack_FC2=-1.1908,.5,.6875,-1,0,0,1
	node_stack_FC3=1.1908,.5,.6875,0,0,1,1

However, the shrouding appears to be programmatically aligned with 90 degree nodes (which is understandable. This picture shows some artifacts created when only one item is attached

VsbRnPV.png

When another item is attached, the shroud appears in the wrong place.

zNl2v8V.png

So I guess this can't be done with a simple part config change. Pity.

I'm just beginning with MKS, so having some basic questions. One, I apparently have a misunderstanding of hab time calculations, yeah shocking I know. I have an 8 seat vehicle, with a PTD-C Porthole cupola with a .7 hab multiplier. So I get that as 8 weeks hab time, one for each seat, plus the .7 multiplier should result in 13-14 weeks of hab time for the vehicle. I then put only four Kerbals in, I thought they would divide the available hab time between them, giving them about 3.5 weeks each. Instead, I launch them and they say they have 12 days of hab time, as if they're ignoring the available space. So they don't use all available hab time, they just get their one week per seat times the hab multiplier? That doesn't make sense to me. Could someone help me understand this?