[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

Hi there

I'm not sure if this comes from MKS because I lately installed several mods. When I recruit new Kerbonauts I don't get a random selection anymore, instead there is a design tool that lets me create new recruits.

If this is a feature of MKS is there a way to deactivate it and get a random choice like in vanilla? I've looked into some config files of MKS and other mods, but I couldn't find anything related to it.

EDIT: Also, if this feature is related to MKS, can Kerbonauts received through rescue contracts have the new classes as well, or are they always Pilot, Scientist or Engineer?

Edited by Sepone

26 minutes ago, Sepone said:

Hi there

I'm not sure if this comes from MKS because I lately installed several mods. When I recruit new Kerbonauts I don't get a random selection anymore, instead there is a design tool that lets me create new recruits.

If this is a feature of MKS is there a way to deactivate it and get a random choice like in vanilla? I've looked into some config files of MKS and other mods, but I couldn't find anything related to it.

EDIT: Also, if this feature is related to MKS, can Kerbonauts received through rescue contracts have the new classes as well, or are they always Pilot, Scientist or Engineer?

Yes, this is a feature of MKS and yes it is configurable under your Kolonization settings.  There's even options for changing how rescue Kerbals work.

57 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Yes, this is a feature of MKS and yes it is configurable under your Kolonization settings.  There's even options for changing how rescue Kerbals work.

Sorry to bother you again, but I can't find the Kolonization settings in UmbraSpaceIndustries config files or the Kolonization Dashboard in-game. Can you show me the way, please? :prograde::unsure:

1 minute ago, Sepone said:

Sorry to bother you again, but I can't find the Kolonization settings in UmbraSpaceIndustries config files or the Kolonization Dashboard in-game. Can you show me the way, please? :prograde::unsure:

Look in your game settings (same place you do your easy/normal/hard and custom settings).  It is a new section there.,

6 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Look in your game settings (same place you do your easy/normal/hard and custom settings).  It is a new section there.,

Found it, thanks a lot. Perfect timing, I was about to start a new game anyway. :lol:

Awesome mod btw! This one and USI LS add so much to the gaming experience.

Best regards

Hi

I love MKS pretty much but i have a massive bug that i am not able to fix. all processing plants are not configurable that means they dont work. And without them making a self supplying base is impossible. (samilliar bug with drills)  Maybe this bug is known or it is a new one. Anyway please help me! btw. how can i post a log?

Edited by JajajTec
added the drill part

28 minutes ago, JajajTec said:

Hi

I love MKS pretty much but i have a massive bug that i am not able to fix. all processing plants are not configurable that means they dont work. And without them making a self supplying base is impossible. (samilliar bug with drills)  Maybe this bug is known or it is a new one. Anyway please help me! btw. how can i post a log?

Instructions for getting/posting your logs are here:

I would be helpful if you also indicated:

1) what other mods do you have installed  (some have conflicts)

2) How did you install the mods(manual, CKAN, other?  CKAN will occasionally mess up, so uninstall/reinstall of the mod may help)

3) what steps have you take thus far to allieviate the issue(uninstall/reinstall, fresh copy of  KSP with MKS as the only mod, etc)

hi

1) many others link to list below (ksp 1.3.1)

2)i installed every mod with ckan

3)reinstalled EVERYTHING (took 5 houres)/fresh copy with only this mod is on the way (in wich folder is the mks mod stored (game data))/asked around/partially learned how to read logs/tryed changing the code.

(yet everything is back to original)

The log is here: (with screenshots of the bug)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ocb32s1jwzmluej/AABIdYvVKw3M_Rtp12CYXg7Ha?dl=0

(please say when it doesent work)

Edited by JajajTec
corrected some text

I've just started using your mod and I've been loving it, however I've been having problems with ground construction. There's very little reference in the wiki other than it uses another mod. 

As far as I can tell it's supposed to be bundled with MKS, but I've been unable to find the DIY kit or other tools to build on the surface. 

So I went and installed it separately, and it seemed to be working for the most part. (some issues with construction process while warping other ships)

But now there's no connection between the USI MKS workshops and the regular GC ones. With the weird exception of the Scout landing legs.

Did I miss an additional mod to install? is it no longer supported? or does this sound like something odd happening on my end?

Thanks for any help

The only mods I've got installed are:

Kerbal Alarm clock

Chatterer

Kerbal Engineer

USI life support

USI MKS

and now Global Construction

2 hours ago, JajajTec said:

hi

1) many others link to list below (ksp 1.3.1)

I don't think you can use CKAN with older versions of KSP.  It will get the latest version of each mod and apply those on your current KSP, meaning you are using a MKS version built for 1.8 or 1.9 on 1.3.1 which would have compatibility problems.

If you want to play on an older version on KSP, you probably need to go to RoverDude's git repository and find the MKS version released for 1.3.1 and install that.

Looking in a 1.3.1 instance I was using 3 years ago, I had MKS 0.53.2 installed (from 2017.03.06; 0.53.x looks like the 1.3.1 versions)

7 hours ago, serneth said:

I've just started using your mod and I've been loving it, however I've been having problems with ground construction. There's very little reference in the wiki other than it uses another mod. 

As far as I can tell it's supposed to be bundled with MKS, but I've been unable to find the DIY kit or other tools to build on the surface. 

So I went and installed it separately, and it seemed to be working for the most part. (some issues with construction process while warping other ships)

But now there's no connection between the USI MKS workshops and the regular GC ones. With the weird exception of the Scout landing legs.

Did I miss an additional mod to install? is it no longer supported? or does this sound like something odd happening on my end?

Thanks for any help

The only mods I've got installed are:

Kerbal Alarm clock

Chatterer

Kerbal Engineer

USI life support

USI MKS

and now Global Construction

I'm currently running the newest (1.9.1) Version of KSP.

EDIT:

A clean install of (1.8.1)  with MKS and with GC installed along side seems to have fixed the problem. But as far as I can tell GC is no longer bundled with MKS

Edited by serneth
Solution?

7 hours ago, JajajTec said:

that is the god part of ckan:

it checks the current ksp version and then applys the latest version of the mod COMPATIBLE with the ksp version.

Yes based off whatever the mod authors may have put in the CKAN file.  It doesn't mean that it's perfect, nor if it grabbed the right versions of each mod that are also compatible with each other.

When it works it's great, but it is far from perfect.

I'm using Nertea's Stockalike station parts, and have a cargo container set for MaterialKits.

However, when I have an engineer disassemble as part, the resulting MaterialKits are lost.

xddEaIQ.png

I tried to make an MM patch after looking through the cfg files, but it didn't work:

@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[USI_ModuleRecycleBin],MODULE[ModuleB9DisableTransform],@RESOURCE[MaterialKits]]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = USI_ModuleRecycleBin
    }
}

I'm guessing it's not picking up the @Resource due to the B9 handling.

The actual part is "sspx-cargo-container-25-1" , but I would like to support all related containers.

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Solved it myself after digging though the StationParts included patch collection.  For anyone else:

@PART[sspx-cargo-container-*]:NEEDS[USITools]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = USI_ModuleRecycleBin
    }    
}

Edited by TheAnswerIsIsaacNewton
duplicate image

To my problem i found out that the problem is somewhere in the module switching script. These problems occur at these Parts: Alge agrigulture container/Material processing units/Sometimes drills(drills are VERY SUPER DUPER laggy while deploying, retracting, loading simulation). Is there a way i can check the module switching script? And when yes how? (dropbox with a few information in post abouve)

Thanks for the help.

This used to be a much longer post, but most of it was irrelevant. Here's the important bit:

I think I remember, once upon a time, that for MKS parts that could be enhanced by productivity boosters, their specific type and weighted booster consumption were listed as a module on the part in-game. Today, however, I find that while the inflatable habitation parts and the Ranger agriculture part all say they boost  "Greenhouse" converters, none of the Tundra modules explicitly state that they are boosted by greenhouses. The same goes for Crushers, Smelters, and Workshops. Am I simply misremembering the way such data used to be displayed, or do I perhaps need to re-download MKS, or is it because some part of MKS was broken by KSP going up a version?

This is from the github wiki, though I'm not 100% on which 'category' the various parts fall into.

Efficiency Parts

Some parts have the option to set their bays to providing a buff to other parts rather than processing anything themselves. All parts with efficiency modules (which are installed in place of processing bays) have a displayed 'boost power' stat and a category, and parts able to be boosted in this way also have a category and 'consumption' stat. The efficiency multiplier for a processor being boosted by an efficiency part is 1 + ((boost power * No of efficiency modules [calculated individually, this stacks across multiple efficiency parts]) / efficiency part consumption).

For example, an Agriculture Support Module belongs to the 'crusher' category and has a 'consumption' of 4.48. If the vessel has a 2.5m Material Processing Unit with both bays set to 'crusher' and a Ranger Crush-O-Matic set to 'crusher, the efficiency part multiplier is 1 + ((1.728 * 2) + (0.83 * 1) / 4.48) = 1.96

Efficiency parts will only boost parts with the same category as their efficiency module/s.

Wiki : https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/wiki

On 4/6/2020 at 2:17 AM, Repseki said:

This is from the github wiki, though I'm not 100% on which 'category' the various parts fall into.

Wiki : https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/wiki

How is the player supposed to know that the Agriculture Support Module uses Crusher efficiency parts without looking it up on the Github wiki? That's exactly my point. I'm reasonably sure it used to be displayed on the part in the VAB.

In other news, I tested a fresh download of MKS with a fresh install of KSP and no other mods. The various parts still do not display a module that declares which type of efficiency they "consume" nor how much. They do still work, though. An inflatable hab part successfully enhanced the output of an agroponics module on the launchpad.

Edited by OmniscientQ

13 hours ago, OmniscientQ said:

How is the player supposed to know that the Agriculture Support Module uses Crusher efficiency parts without looking it up on the Github wiki? That's exactly my point. I'm reasonably sure it used to be displayed on the part in the VAB.

In other news, I tested a fresh download of MKS with a fresh install of KSP and no other mods. The various parts still do not display a module that declares which type of efficiency they "consume" nor how much. They do still work, though. An inflatable hab part successfully enhanced the output of an agroponics module on the launchpad.

@RoverDude Takes pull requests.  I'm sure it is a ton of work just keeping the code up to date on all of his mods.  Documentation falls far down the priority list.  Even the Wiki is community maintained.

I have a probably-dumb question and I apologize for it in advance, but I've been searching and can't find any info on this. I remember a few years ago there were teasers for some really cool looking, large structural parts meant for late-game on planets, but I haven't been able to find them in-game now or even locate the original posts on here. I'm almost certain it was this mod though. Did those big parts get split off into a separate mod or never make it in, or am I just really confused?

1 hour ago, billybob579 said:

I have a probably-dumb question and I apologize for it in advance, but I've been searching and can't find any info on this. I remember a few years ago there were teasers for some really cool looking, large structural parts meant for late-game on planets, but I haven't been able to find them in-game now or even locate the original posts on here. I'm almost certain it was this mod though. Did those big parts get split off into a separate mod or never make it in, or am I just really confused?

still haven't been released, but also haven't been abandoned.  @RoverDude mentioned post 1.9 release, however he is also pretty busy.

Hey guys,

need help with an error i've been getting that hasn't been force crashing my game but it basically doesn't load and I have to close the game. Whenever I use MKS, the game always gets stuck when it gets to this file:

UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Tundra_PDU/Tundra_PDU

This is what it reads:

Warning: Part already contains resource 'ReservePower'

Partloader: Part UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Tundra_PDU/Tundra_PDU has no database record. Creating.

DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part "Tundra.PDU'

nullreferenceexception : object reference not set to an instance of an object

I am running ksp at 1.8.1

And have tried running the game without MKS, which works

And i have also tried running the game without the aforementioned file, which also works.

But it means sacrificing a module, anyone know an easy fix?

Edited by UnreadyCandy