[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

On 8/17/2020 at 4:05 AM, siderr said:

Quick question, is there any way to autoupdate the planetary stockpile without the need to switch to every extractor/producer on a surface?

Not in the current and prior versions. The new WOLF version is supposed to address that, but it's not ready yet.

Also, it's best to visit all of the things that produce, like drills, first to fill up the PL storage, then visit the things that consume it.

Hey @Roverdude,

Just FYI for 1.10.1. The reactor control panel does not appear in the toolbar, however this may be a NFE tool I can't remember. In any event, I can start the reactor, but the core temperature never changes and it never produces electricity. Also, there are no sliders to control the output.

I've tested it in my KSP test instance (KSP 1.10.1 and USI mods only see below) so there shouldn't be any conflicts with other mods.

mlqpD0i.png

AT Utils (AT-Utils v1.9.6)
Breaking Ground (BreakingGround-DLC 1.5.1)
Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit 5.1.0.0)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 1.3.0.0)
Firespitter Core (FirespitterCore v7.15)
Global Construction Core (GroundConstruction-Core 2.6.4.1)
Konstruction (Konstruction 1.3.0.0)
Making History (MakingHistory-DLC 1.10.1)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.1.4)
USI Asteroid Recycling Technologies (USI-ART 1:1.3.0.0)
USI Core (USI-Core 1.3.0.0)
USI Exploration Pack (USI-EXP 1.3.0.0)
USI Freight Transport Technologies (USI-FTT 1.3.0.0)
USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS) (UKS 1:1.3.0.0)
USI Life Support (USI-LS 1.3.0.0)
USI Tools (USITools 1.3.0.0)

2 hours ago, Shaman said:

Hey @Roverdude,

Just FYI for 1.10.1. The reactor control panel does not appear in the toolbar, however this may be a NFE tool I can't remember. In any event, I can start the reactor, but the core temperature never changes and it never produces electricity. Also, there are no sliders to control the output.

The reactor control panel is NFE, and your reactor is not doing anything because, as it says in the paw: 'output cap 95%'

MKS reactors do not run unless they are needed, and that is determined by having available EC below 95% of max EC.

Try adding something that drains EC and you should see the rector kick-in when the available EC goes below 95%

(this is one of the parts of MKS reactors that I much prefer over NFE reactors: no wasting fuel when it is not needed)

15 minutes ago, 某事不过三兄 said:

When will it be updated ?

Considering that modders do this all in their free time, it is generally considered impolite/demanding/bad taste to ask for delivery dates.

It will be ready when it is ready and making demands of the volunteers tends to be counter-productive at best.

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get a rather -large- modded install (223 mods accounted) with Kolonisation as centerpiece, but I'm stuck at loading screen on the part UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/LightGlobe/MKS_LightGlobe. I installed from CKAN but Github version seems to be the same.

When I uncheck MKS in CKAN (it uninstall Global Construction Core and Konstruction), the game ran through the loading screen and works, as soon as I re-check MKS it get stuck again. It's not a memory issue I believe as the task manager indicate it tops à 9.5 Go from 16 Go total.

Have someone encountered same kind of problem ? Is there a way to solve that ?

7 minutes ago, Cassin said:

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get a rather -large- modded install (223 mods accounted) with Kolonisation as centerpiece, but I'm stuck at loading screen on the part UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/LightGlobe/MKS_LightGlobe. I installed from CKAN but Github version seems to be the same.

When I uncheck MKS in CKAN (it uninstall Global Construction Core and Konstruction), the game ran through the loading screen and works, as soon as I re-check MKS it get stuck again. It's not a memory issue I believe as the task manager indicate it tops à 9.5 Go from 16 Go total.

MKS is not yet updated to 1.10, so for the time being you will need to remove the mks lightglobe from the mod if you want it to work.

25 minutes ago, Cassin said:

Hi guys,

17 minutes ago, Terwin said:

MKS is not yet updated to 1.10, so for the time being you will need to remove the mks lightglobe from the mod if you want it to work.

Literally came here to ask the same thing. I've JUST done a clean install of USI-MKS and in the Parts folder what is probably SUPPOSED to be MKS_LightGlobe.cfg is just LightGlobe.cfg

And upon testing, changing the name to MKS_LightGlobe.cfg didn't help. Removing it from the queue by giving it a _old at the end did though.

@RoverDude

I'm wondering how the CTT tree for this mod was chosen. As is, both the Duna and Tundra parts (with the exception of the Akademy and Habitation Ring) are in long term habitation. I think it might make a bit more sense to put the Tundra parts in Colonization and possibly, but not necessarily put the  Akademy and Habitation ring in advanced colonization. 

Edited by dlrk

7 hours ago, dlrk said:

@RoverDude

I'm wondering how the CTT tree for this mod was chosen. As is, both the Duna and Tundra parts (with the exception of the Akademy and Habitation Ring) are in long term habitation. I think it might make a bit more sense to put the Tundra parts in Colonization and possibly, but not necessarily put the  Akademy and Habitation ring in advanced colonization. 

There are other bits that go in those nodes that are in the next release :)

I can't wait for the next release, this is tied with another mod for first place on my list of favorite mods!

Patiently waiting and appreciating the good work.

The little tiny box that extends a bright light and little solar panels is my hands down favorite part of all time. It goes on every single craft I can stick them on (Which is like most of them)

Thanks for all the hard work man, I'm excited to see what the future holds!

3 hours ago, xTheCanadian said:

I can't wait for the next release, this is tied with another mod for first place on my list of favorite mods!

Patiently waiting and appreciating the good work.

The little tiny box that extends a bright light and little solar panels is my hands down favorite part of all time. It goes on every single craft I can stick them on (Which is like most of them)

Thanks for all the hard work man, I'm excited to see what the future holds!

All good - sorry for the delays, juggling a lot of Kerbal work :)

16 hours ago, RoverDude said:

All good - sorry for the delays, juggling a lot of Kerbal work :)

No worries. You don't owe us anything. We're just lucky to have the cool stuff that you make. :)

Edited by Tokamak

Regarding distributing machinery: I've gotten the workaround working, where you use a rover with a container of machinery and a grabber claw to move machinery around. It's cool that there is a workaround, but I'm still trying to determine what I am *supposed* to do. Is MKS just bugged, or is there some other mechanism I haven't found? Again, I know you can work around it, but I am still hoping to find out how the mod was designed for you to deal with machinery, since the "maintenance" option is not present.

2 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

@RoverDude I cannot seem to use kontainers, I cannot set the resource in the VAB, I am in 1.7.3, with after kerbin installed.

Ok so you are on KSP 1.7.3.  What version of MKS?  If you make a copy of your game and remove all the other mods except the USI ones do the kontainers work?

6 hours ago, Wave_rider91 said:

is this going to be updated to work on 1.10, mod isnt letting the game load.

gets stuck loading the light globe of the umbraspaceindustries files, then the game closes.

Did you bother taking a minute to read back a page or two?  If you had you could have saved yourself having to post at all.

I have an orbital station with a Training Akademy and I have a 5 star pilot, engineer, and scientist onboard as well as 2 star mechanics, and scientists. However, when I click the "Conduct Training" button, absolutely nothing happens. I don't get a dialog box or message or anything and all of the kerbals have the same level. What is going wrong here?

10 minutes ago, ski23 said:

I have an orbital station with a Training Akademy and I have a 5 star pilot, engineer, and scientist onboard as well as 2 star mechanics, and scientists. However, when I click the "Conduct Training" button, absolutely nothing happens. I don't get a dialog box or message or anything and all of the kerbals have the same level. What is going wrong here?

If I remember correctly, the Training Academy has a level cap based on where it is.  I think Kerbn orbit is 1 or 2, then orbit around a different body is 2 or 3, and landed on a different body is 3.

So try landing your training facility on the Mun or Minmus and try training again, I think you will be able to get your mechanics and scientists up to level 3(possibly even in orbit).

https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/wiki/Parts-(Tundra-Series)#mks-tundra-training-akademy

Nope, need to be landed to get 3 stars: " Up to one star when used on Kerbin, two stars while in orbit, and three stars if training takes place landed on another planet or moon. "