[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

I'm curious, is there anyone else using the latest release on a mac?  Tried a fresh install of ksp, fresh install of constellation from GitHub, and can replicate the error every time (pressing "b1 next bay" does nothing, pressing "b1 previous bay" causes instant crash).  Cleared the unity state from ~/library as well.  Any ideas?

Time Awake Since Boot: 500 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x00007fff5f3ffff8
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process:   exc handler [0]

VM Regions Near 0x7fff5f3ffff8:
    Stack                  000070000ca14000-000070000cc16000 [ 2056K] rw-/rwx SM=COW  thread 52
--> STACK GUARD            00007fff5bc00000-00007fff5f400000 [ 56.0M] ---/rwx SM=NUL  stack guard for thread 0
    Stack                  00007fff5f400000-00007fff5fc00000 [ 8192K] rw-/rwx SM=PRV  thread 0

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   ???                               0x00000001924f25de 0 + 6749627870
1   ???                               0x0000000122de6542 0 + 4879967554

..........continued

Edited by mavric1298

@mavric1298 can you upload logs?

1. The Logs
    These are text files that the game spits out for debugging purposes as it runs; if something broke horribly in-game, there will be something in here about it. You should upload the entire log as a file (i.e. not to pastebin); you can use dropbox or an equivalent host to upload the file. Make sure the entire file gets uploaded; you may have to zip it first, as logs can be very long. Here is where you can find the log:
    • Windows: KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt (32bit) or KSP_win64\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt (64bit)
    • Mac OS X: Open Console, on the left side of the window there is a menu that says 'files'. Scroll down the list and find the Unity drop down, under Unity there will be Player.log ( Files>~/Library/Logs>Unity>Player.log )
    • Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log

NOTE: These logs are not the same as KSP.log, which lacks valuable data. Do not upload KSP.log; do upload output_log.txt / Player.log

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

NOTE: These logs are not the same as KSP.log, which lacks valuable data. Do not upload KSP.log; do upload output_log.txt / Player.log

Can anybody point me to a information that is aviable in the output and not in the ksp.log? I have compared them 2 times, they are 99% identical. I see differences, however, I just didn't recognized which useful information is in the 1% difference.
I am just curious. :)

1 hour ago, mavric1298 said:

I'm curious, is there anyone else using the latest release on a mac?  Tried a fresh install of ksp, fresh install of constellation from GitHub, and can replicate the error every time (pressing "b1 next bay" does nothing, pressing "b1 previous bay" causes instant crash).  Cleared the unity state from ~/library as well.  Any ideas?

I'm on a Mac, but haven't been doing much besides designing ships recently.  I'll see if I can reproduce this.

2 hours ago, mavric1298 said:

Works for me on my MacBook, both with a clean install of the latest constellation (no other mods) and with my regular install from the individual component releases (plus a bunch of other mods).  I checked both the 2.75m and 4.25m expandable Tundra habs.  The "Next Bay" and "Prev. Bay" buttons don't actually do anything, because there's only one configuration you can change the bay to, but they don't crash the game either.

3 hours ago, Electrocutor said:

Take a look at my previous post. The first section shows the list of things that need to be copied over to fix them.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/154587-12x-temporary-mks-karbonite-support-thread/&do=findComment&comment=2926298

Yup, completely missed that one somehow.  There were a bunch of rapid fire releases lately, maybe some more stuff got missed?

For anyone interested, I enabled reflections on all of the USI parts that have glass meshed. In the future, I may darken some of the windows as some of them are very bright, like the Malemute.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_LTOcS7EtOyVEF6WUhPQzN6RzA

Requirements:

• TextureReplacer

As with my post on the TextureReplacer thread, I suggest using a reflectionInterval of 60 on it to avoid a performance hit.

5 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

I updated my MKS and I forgot to backup my folders, I am using blizzys toolbar, is there a way to get the icons for the toolbar back?  Someone had me copy some certain *.png files into a folder and the toolbar was able to still work,

Copy the 8 png's files inside the MKS folder into a Folder called Kolonization inside the UmbraSpaceIndustries folder.

Edited by Agustin

12 minutes ago, Agustin said:

Copy the 8 png's files inside the MKS folder into a Folder called Kolonization inside the UmbraSpaceIndustries folder.

That is what I thought it was, but they still are not showing up..  I also removed blizzy toolbar and the MKS icons are not showing up on the stock toolbar.

22 minutes ago, SSr48 said:

Is it possible to do orbital logistics in the 1.2.2 version for this mod. I have not used this for a long time.

Nope.  It's been a while since orbital logistics was a thing.  RoverDude says he has something in the works to replace it, but no details or ETA.

6 hours ago, Wyzard said:

Works for me on my MacBook, both with a clean install of the latest constellation (no other mods) and with my regular install from the individual component releases (plus a bunch of other mods).  I checked both the 2.75m and 4.25m expandable Tundra habs.  The "Next Bay" and "Prev. Bay" buttons don't actually do anything, because there's only one configuration you can change the bay to, but they don't crash the game either.

So strange.  Argh I want to start to move all my bases to be actual colonizations, then bring up LS. Into my game once I'm closer to being self sufficient 

10 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

I updated my MKS and I forgot to backup my folders, I am using blizzys toolbar, is there a way to get the icons for the toolbar back?  Someone had me copy some certain *.png files into a folder and the toolbar was able to still work,

In regards to my post above, I went back to the previous version of MKS and the MKS icons show up in both the stock and blizzys toolbar.  If there was a change that I missed, can someone point out to me what I might have done wrong?

Perhaps it wasn't MKS , but USI Tools? 0.8.9 I get the icons - my apologies if I didn't present the correct information before.

10 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

In regards to my post above, I went back to the previous version of MKS and the MKS icons show up in both the stock and blizzys toolbar.  If there was a change that I missed, can someone point out to me what I might have done wrong?
Perhaps it wasn't MKS , but USI Tools? 0.8.9 I get the icons - my apologies if I didn't present the correct information before.

I see in the Github changes, that it now should read the icons now from the MKS folder, when using blizzy's toolbar, so the old bug should be fixed. See this.
The "copy them into the Kolonization" workaround should not be needed anmyore / doesn't affect anything.
However, if they now don't shop up anymore, I have no idea why. ATM I don't know, if they show up in my installation.
Have you checked the "add icons" function in blizzys toolbar? Maybe they need to be added again.
Unfortunately the "some icons go to blizzys" and "some to stock" is not the most coherent thing.

Edited by Jebs_SY

8 minutes ago, Jebs_SY said:

I see in the Github changes, that it now should read the icons now from the MKS folder, when using blizzy's toolbar, so the old bug should be fixed. See this.
The "copy them into the Kolonization" workaround should not be needed anmyore / doesn't affect anything.
However, if they now don't shop up anymore, I have no idea why. ATM I don't know, if they show up in my installation.
Have you checked the "add icons" function in blizzys toolbar? Maybe they need to be added again.
Unfortunately the "some icons go to blizzys" and "some to stock" is not the most coherent thing.

I have checked the 'add icons' and there is no MKS icons , something between USI Core and USI Tools I think might be a little hinky?  Thanks for the assist @Jebs_SY

@gamerscircle

I checked my installation. Latest USI* from CKAN. I have one "USI Kolony" (exact name) icon in blizzys which has a menu that includes "Kolony Statistics, Recruit Kolonists, Local Logistics and Planetary Logistics". And a Servo Controller and a USI-LS icon in the stock toolbar.

EDIT: OH, wait, I still have the copied icons in the Kolonization folder... need to remove them...

EDIT2: Removed them, have back the pink icons. So maybe my cited github changed didnt made it into the release or maybe CKAN isn't up2date. My installed versions are: USI: ART(0970), Core(0370), Exploration Pack(0720), Freight Transport(0660), KolonizationMKS (0.50.14.0), LifeSupport(0.5.19.0), Survival Pack(0630) and Tools(0.8.11.0).

Edited by Jebs_SY

Found something strange here. Downloaded the latest MKS 0.50.14 release from Github and searched for Kolony24. Found a reference to the old path ( "UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kolonization/Kolony24" ) however, according this commit, it should now be the new path.

Doesn't this commit made it into the release or is the build/release chain maybe a little bit broken anywhere, maybe?

Edited by Jebs_SY

20 minutes ago, Jebs_SY said:

@gamerscircle

I checked my installation. Latest USI* from CKAN. I have one "USI Kolony" (exact name) icon in blizzys which has a menu that includes "Kolony Statistics, Recruit Kolonists, Local Logistics and Planetary Logistics". And a Servo Controller and a USI-LS icon in the stock toolbar.

EDIT: OH, wait, I still have the copied icons in the Kolonization folder... need to remove them...

EDIT2: Removed them, have back the pink icons. So maybe my cited github changed didnt made it into the release or maybe CKAN isn't up2date. My installed versions are: USI: ART(0970), Core(0370), Exploration Pack(0720), Freight Transport(0660), KolonizationMKS (0.50.14.0), LifeSupport(0.5.19.0), Survival Pack(0630) and Tools(0.8.11.0).

[toss up his arms]  Well, i have the latest installations of USI via KSP-AVC

I have removed blizzy toolbar

USI Tools - 0.8.11
CCK - 1.2.1
CRP - 0.6.5
FireSpitter 7.5.1
USI Core- 0.1.10
Konstruction - 0.1.10
USI-LS - 0.5.19
UKS - 0.50.8

I only see the SERVO, LS buttons on the stock bar.

I have most likely messed something up.

6 minutes ago, Jebs_SY said:

Found something strange here. Downloaded the latest MKS 0.50.14 release from Github and searched for Kolony24. Found a reference to the old path ( "UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kolonization/Kolony24" ) however, according this commit, it should now be the new path.

Doesn't this commit made it into the release or is the build/release chain maybe a little bit broken anywhere, maybe?

In regards to the icon issues

On 1/16/2017 at 6:16 PM, RoverDude said:

hrm... well if those two did not make it in it will be a future release, going to let things settle in for now.  

Here's something I noticed about the Agriculture converter of the Tundra Ag module.

tl;dr version: Lock the organics resource of the Ag module once it's full.

The Agriculture converter is kinda weird in that it requires 400 Organics for maximum load, and also uses some for both input and produces more of them. So to have useful production at max load you need another Organics container once it's full.

However if you also have an Organics consumer (like ColonySupplies), it will take organics from all containers including the Ag module, so if your Organics production is just about enough to satisfy the consumers, the organics supply of the Ag module would drop continuously because its organics get stolen, rather than taking from the other containers first. And the more this goes on, the more its load drops and consequently organics drops even faster.

Or ever worse, what happened to me then was that the Substrate drill lost ground contact, but I didn't notice until the Organics were down to some 50 units, so it only had 12% load and it took forever to get the organics back up to full and I had to turn off ColonySupplies for a few months. My Kerbals were not happy.

However I have found a way to fix this: once the Organics is full at 400 units, you can "lock" the resource by clicking the green arrow. That way neither the Ag module not the ColonySupplies will remove Organics from it, and they only take them from the other containers until those are empty.

This means that if you have a temporary problem with fertilizer production or substrate for the Agriculture, at most the extra organics from other containers will get used up but the Ag module will keep its 400 units, so when the problems are fixed it can resume at full load right away.

@jd284 Out of curiosity does the AG module respect flow priorities? if it did a better solution would be to fill up the Ag module then decrease the priority so it can still be sued when required but only when the other kontainer is full.

Sorry I meant the other kontainers empty