[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

20 hours ago, aer71 said:

Send an engineer on EVA over to the part, right click it and select "Disassemble Part". But this can only be done in order of attachment, one part at a time, which can get pretty tedious for larger ships.

This is the best way to do it in MKS and I don't find it tedious. Long EVAs are good :)
If you want faster then I believe you can set the demolition charge on destroy the entire vessel mode! I never do that.
If you are in space with a big job then you may need big materials kits storage such as a couple of Kontainer (05.0m) at 128000 MKT storage each. If you are landed then you can have a piloted logistics module standing nearby (<150m?) and turn on planetary storage for an attached MKT container (= infinite storage). https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/wiki/Functions-(Logistics)

I don't use K&K, not even sure what it is, but from your description it sounds like it uses the EL recycle mechanic so your questions on that most likely will only be answered in the K&K or EL thread?  

Edited by Kaa253

On 2/18/2018 at 4:53 AM, aer71 said:

It's looking for nearby vessels which have parts that have the "USI_ModuleRecycleBin" feature, and support the particular resource that it's trying to recycle (in this case "MaterialKits"). There are only two parts that I can find anywhere in any mod that do this: Ranger Workshop and Tundra Workshop.

You're trying way too hard.

All of the Kontainers should also work, just make sure they're properly configured for the right type of storage in the VAB.  There are also some EVA explosives available for taking out whole ships in a single go - you'll need KIS & KAS, so that you can pack the explosives in your ship and then attach them during EVA.

https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/USI_Core/blob/master/FOR_RELEASE/GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kontainers/Kontainer_01.cfg

Edited by mcortez

23 hours ago, Terwin said:

Thanks @Krakatoa, I'll try spamming fixed radiators and see if that works.

Edit: about 50 radiators later(6 3m reactors needing 8 each and having a total of 10 to start with, plus a couple for each of the 4 modules with drills hanging off of them, plus a pair for the module between the drills and the reactors so the drills don't cause the reactors to shut down when coming out of time warp), and I can now safely go to 1000x without dangerous heating or losing reactor efficiency.(things start heating up at 10kx however)

I must admit I did not realize I needed > 20% radiator panels(base now has 271 parts), hopefully this issue will be fixed in 1.4.

Yeah... You can try Heat Control by Nertea to see if those radiators help your problem. It does seem to be exacerbated by multiple very hot heat sources (like multiple reactors). Not much to be done about it until 1.4, though. 

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:25 PM, TheEnderman said:

Im just used to snacks :P

It would be hard to switch, as everything ever made is built with snacks in mind

yeah...but that's the fun part of MKS. It's like playing a whole new game.

USI-LS has a very similar vibe to Snacks. Instead of Snacks, you have Supplies. It does not have the individual resource complexity that TAC has, with respect to feeding Kerbals. Both MKS and USI-LS have ways to deal with Supplies management, from the simple to the complex. Also, configuration changes can be made to tailor it even further to your liking.

1 hour ago, jofwu said:

Can drill separators be swapped out in the VAB? Either I'm blind or it wasn't giving me the option last night. Assuming my eyes work, I'm curious if this was a bug or just not an option built into the mod.

Yep!  Screenshot?

4 hours ago, jofwu said:

Can drill separators be swapped out in the VAB? Either I'm blind or it wasn't giving me the option last night. Assuming my eyes work, I'm curious if this was a bug or just not an option built into the mod.

Try extending the drills.  :wink:  (You can retract them once the separators have been swapped, and the new ones will be saved.)

3 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Yep!  Screenshot?

Somebody on Discord told me the same thing DStaal. Turns out I didn't think to try that. :) Not sure if this is a bug, a mod conflict, or intended/normal behavior... Considering others are aware, I assume it's the latter. If that's not the case and pictures are helpful I can post some.

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

I expect that's by design, with @Nertea (or one of the pull request elves) respecting MKS balance requirements for mass/volume.

OK, Can I disable the requirement in a config file somewhere? I really just want to keep the Orca command pod and use like any other command pod.

Edited by mostlydave

The patch is provided by SSPXR, so it is probably more proper to ask for help there. However, there is a config SSPXR-MKS-Extras.cfg. Contained within are patches for each part that reads like:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDeployableCentrifuge]]:NEEDS[MKS]
{
	DeployedMass = #$mass$
	@mass *= 0.4

@MODULE[ModuleDeployableCentrifuge]
	{
		DeployResource = MaterialKits
		DeployResourceAmount = #$../DeployedMass$
		@DeployResourceAmount *= 600
		%DeployedMassModifier = #$../DeployedMass$
		@DeployedMassModifier *= 0.6
	}
}

I believe removing these entries (ModuleDeployableHabitat and ModuleDeployableCentrifuge) should achieve the effect you want.

Just bear in mind it makes it wildly unbalanced for USI-LS - the point of the deployment cost is to reflect the mass cost involved with the really large life support parts.

(If you're not using USI-LS then the point is moot... or just remove the corresponding USI-LS capabilities if you want it for aesthetics).

Edited by RoverDude

20 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

Just bear in mind it makes it wildly unbalanced for USI-LS - the point of the deployment cost is to reflect the mass cost involved with the really large life support parts.

(If you're not using USI-LS then the point is moot... or just remove the corresponding USI-LS capabilities if you want it for aesthetics).

Looking at that patch, I think removing it wouldn't be unbalanced - as long as you removed the whole thing.  It looks like the total deployed mass is constant with or without the patch - it's just that with the patch 60% of that mass will be in MaterialKits.  Without it, you'll have the whole mass at launch.

32 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Looking at that patch, I think removing it wouldn't be unbalanced - as long as you removed the whole thing.  It looks like the total deployed mass is constant with or without the patch - it's just that with the patch 60% of that mass will be in MaterialKits.  Without it, you'll have the whole mass at launch.

Ahh good deal, so just looks like he's leveraging the mass offset stuff :)

Hi RoverDude!  I have a potential bug report/oversight unless I am missing something.  I was going over my options in the research lab and while looking at resource converters, I noticed something fairly odd.  The resource converters for ore to LFO seems to be off by a factor of 10 if we're comparing it to the ISRU which it appears to be based off of.  The current conversion in all 3 sizes of MPUs is  1 ore = 0.09 LF / 0.11 Ox compared to the  ISRU's 1 ore = 0.9 LF / 1.1 Ox.  It is however more in line with the MiniISRU at 1 ore = 0.088 LF / 0.112 Ox.  Given that the speed of the MiniISRU is x25 the speed of the largest MPU, and x250 that of the smallest MPU, and the largest MPU weighs 2.46x that of the ISRU, these numbers seem really off.  I would completely understand if the small MPU had a conversion ratio comparable to that of the MiniISRU, but the large MPU should be more in line with the ISRU.  I'm not quite sure where the mid size MPU fits in just yet as it is comparable in weight to the ISRU, but is slower and less efficient but has more options.

I went into the config and changed the number for the large MPU myself and it has corrected this, there was simply one too many 0's.  That extra 0 also has the side effect of displaying some confusing time intervals at first glance which is not very pleasant.

Before

ixE0ViA.png

After

u6cWYNC.png

Vanilla

Az5rrrK.png

If this is an intentional design decision then please forgive me, but I would like to know your thought process behind it.

Hey! I'm recently having a problem since I just installed the mod. I've tried everything: reinstalling the game, make sure every mod I have is up-to-date...

I don't know how to exactly explain this but in short terms I have the mod installed, and it seems the game detects it as the investigations are correctly placed on the science tree, but there is no part unlockable on that investigations.

I'm posting a screenshot too.

nkfR8BM.png

I have blizzys toolbar installed just to put all the mechjeb buttons on for easy access.  I would prefer if everything else used the stock toolbar.   The USI Kolony button only shows up on blizzys toolbar and the life support status only shows up on the stock toolbar.  I see no options for changing either of them. 

6 hours ago, Yaddon said:

I don't know how to exactly explain this but in short terms I have the mod installed, and it seems the game detects it as the investigations are correctly placed on the science tree, but there is no part unlockable on that investigations.

I'm posting a screenshot too.

nkfR8BM.png

It's also weird that most of those tech nodes near the bottom have the same icon, with the three gears.  They should all have different icons.  I suspect there may be something wrong with your CTT installation.

On 2/23/2018 at 12:39 AM, Elysium said:

If this is an intentional design decision then please forgive me, but I would like to know your thought process behind it.

Remember those have multiple separators that are cumulative, and also do not require engineers.  in other words, balancing is afoot :)

10 hours ago, Yaddon said:

Hey! I'm recently having a problem since I just installed the mod. I've tried everything: reinstalling the game, make sure every mod I have is up-to-date...

Check your CTT installation, also make sure you have the latest USI Tools.

8 hours ago, eberkain said:

I have blizzys toolbar installed just to put all the mechjeb buttons on for easy access.  I would prefer if everything else used the stock toolbar.   The USI Kolony button only shows up on blizzys toolbar and the life support status only shows up on the stock toolbar.  I see no options for changing either of them. 

MKS uses Blizzy if it is installed.  USI-LS has no Blizzy toolbar support.

17 hours ago, Wyzard said:

It's also weird that most of those tech nodes near the bottom have the same icon, with the three gears.  They should all have different icons.  I suspect there may be something wrong with your CTT installation.

Thank you for the help!

I've updated the CTT and it seems that it is solved, or at least part of it XD. 

Now I have the tech tree without the three gears, and some of them unlock parts too, but there are still some of them that.

Here's more screenshots:

qFmGEYi.png

NLXdSQv.png