[1.12.x] - Modular Kolonization System (MKS)

RoverDude

On that topic, what is the overall formula for production efficiency? I have a Tundra refinery with 1 Chemicals bay and 2 Refined Exotics bays, with chems running at 125.2% efficiency and REX at 500.9% with 1888/2000 machinery, surplus minerals/chems (and storage) available and a 1-star engineer on board. How does that work?

And then, after writing this, it arbitrarily shot up to chem: 446.7% and REX: 1786.9% and the 3xChem refinery next to it to 4020.5%-what is going on?

13 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

On that topic, what is the overall formula for production efficiency? I have a Tundra refinery with 1 Chemicals bay and 2 Refined Exotics bays, with chems running at 125.2% efficiency and REX at 500.9% with 1888/2000 machinery, surplus minerals/chems (and storage) available and a 1-star engineer on board. How does that work?

And then, after writing this, it arbitrarily shot up to chem: 446.7% and REX: 1786.9% and the 3xChem refinery next to it to 4020.5%-what is going on?

What's your Kolonization bonus?

I don't know the exact formula, but things taken into account are the parts themselves, efficiency parts, machinery availability, Kolonization bonuses, and what Kerbals are available.  Resource availability will also limit load.  I'm not sure if there are thermal effects, and it's quite possible I missed one.

1 minute ago, DStaal said:

I don't know the exact formula, but things taken into account are the parts themselves, efficiency parts, machinery availability, Kolonization bonuses, and what Kerbals are available.  Resource availability will also limit load.  I'm not sure if there are thermal effects, and it's quite possible I missed one.

Is the Kolonization bonus simply the value you see when opening the Kolonization tab?

If by efficiency parts you mean workshops etc., then I have nothing that would increase production at all, let alone to levels like Henry Ford had taken over. The three kolony bonuses are (in order) 160%, 140% and 155%.

As for thermal efficiency, MKS processing modules don't produce or account for heat. The only heating parts on the base are the PDU reactor (which doesn't even produce enough to sustain its own core temperature) and the drills (which utilise barely 20% if cooling capacity).

I don't see any reason for the production to skyrocket like that, either (not complaining, though :cool:). Nothing at all had changed, apart from the machinery level ticking down one and the kolony stats increasing by a tiny amount each.

37 minutes ago, Rehpic said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but even a week on orbit with ample supplies did not cure them.

--Rehpic

On a side note, if they won't switch back, try editing your persistence file (change IsGrouchy for that kerbal to false if it's stuck on).

EDIT: I've had that bug as well from time to time where getting below the homeweeerld altitude (cfgable in KSC screen) will not revive them and they are recovered as tourists. It might be a mod conflict, but this has only happened once for me and was fixed by reverting to a save just before reentry.

Edited by voicey99

3 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

On a side note, if they won't switch back, try editing your persistence file (change IsGrouchy for that kerbal to false if it's stuck on).

Thanks for the suggestion! I think what I found is proof of a bug. They all look like this:

IsGrouchy = False
                OldTrait = Tourist

--Rehpic

25 minutes ago, Parmenio said:

Is the Kolonization bonus simply the value you see when opening the Kolonization tab?

Yep that's the one.

33 minutes ago, Rehpic said:

Thanks for the suggestion, but even a week on orbit with ample supplies did not cure them.

--Rehpic

3 minutes ago, Rehpic said:

Thanks for the suggestion! I think what I found is proof of a bug. They all look like this:

IsGrouchy = False
                OldTrait = Tourist

--Rehpic

These should be on the USI-LS page as Home and Hab timers are part of LS not strictly MKS.

I responded over there earlier today to confirm that the only other person to report confirmed that for them it was a mod conflict. So if you could reproduce in a USI+Stock only game and put a save onto the USI-LS page/github bug tracker that would be great.

1 hour ago, dboi88 said:

I responded over there earlier today to confirm that the only other person to report confirmed that for them it was a mod conflict. So if you could reproduce in a USI+Stock only game and put a save onto the USI-LS page/github bug tracker that would be great.

I'd like to add to that the following: clearly the bug is that somehow the OldTrait is incorrectly changed to "Tourist" after thy get grouchy.

However you will only notice this after recovery when they don't turn back. But at this time the bug has already happened long ago and a save at that point wouldn't help finding the actual cause.

So you would also need to keep checking the persistence file for the OldTrait changing, and then submitting a save just before that happens and with instructions how to reproduce it.

(Please note, I'm not trying to give you extra work to do, just trying to save you from doing work to reproduce it and then only having a savegame where it's too late.)

So, I thought I understood Planetary Logistics, but apparently I'm missing a trick.  My understanding is:

• A vessel with a (powered?) "logistics" module can always push to Planetary Storage, even without a crew.  I use this just fine for my surface miner landers.
  • A vessel / base with a crewed (Pilot) "logistics" module can pull from Planetary Storage and feed anything on the same vessel (or any vessels within Local Logistics or Scavenging range).
  • A container, with the warehouse function, where the warehouse is enabled, can be drawn from (via local logistics or scavenging).

That should mean that my ASM (agriculture support module) attached to the same base as the "logistics" module with a pilot inside should be able to pull raw materials out of Planetary Storage and process them, right?  Do I need non-warehouse storage on the vessel to hold the inputs? Or does it need to be warehouse-enabled storage for the inputs?

Will the ASM not function unless it is staffed by a Technician?  It's reading "no X" (where X is the input material, which exists in Planetary Storage).

2 minutes ago, WuphonsReach said:

So, I thought I understood Planetary Logistics, but apparently I'm missing a trick.  My understanding is:

• A vessel with a (powered?) "logistics" module can always push to Planetary Storage, even without a crew.  I use this just fine for my surface miner landers.
  • A vessel / base with a crewed (Pilot) "logistics" module can pull from Planetary Storage and feed anything on the same vessel (or any vessels within Local Logistics or Scavenging range).
  • A container, with the warehouse function, where the warehouse is enabled, can be drawn from (via local logistics or scavenging).

That should mean that my ASM (agriculture support module) attached to the same base as the "logistics" module with a pilot inside should be able to pull raw materials out of Planetary Storage and process them, right?  Do I need non-warehouse storage on the vessel to hold the inputs? Or does it need to be warehouse-enabled storage for the inputs?

Will the ASM not function unless it is staffed by a Technician?  It's reading "no X" (where X is the input material, which exists in Planetary Storage).

Ok what you're missing is that you don't 'scavange' from PL. PL is just a pull and push to and from warehouse enabled Kontainers to stop them getting full or empty. So you put an empty warehouse enabled kontainer on your base and it will pull from PL for no other reason than it is empty. There are no logistics consumers involved with PL. So it's telling you it has not X to take, because you have none in storage ON your base.

Hope that helps :D

There appears to be a couple of rogue USITools dlls and pdbs in the MKS and LS folders of the "latest" Constellation release that look to be causing part category duplication issues (judging from the fact that the duplicate categories disappeared after deleting the extra files).

Also in the same release, Kontainers is missing a Parts folder, so all the part cfgs are dumped in the main mod folder (is this intentional?).

16 minutes ago, dboi88 said:

Ok what you're missing is that you don't 'scavange' from PL. PL is just a pull and push to and from warehouse enabled Kontainers to stop them getting full or empty. So you put an empty warehouse enabled kontainer on your base and it will pull from PL for no other reason than it is empty. There are no logistics consumers involved with PL. So it's telling you it has not X to take, because you have none in storage ON your base.

Hope that helps :D

I'll have to check my setup again, I have:

• 'Duna' Logistics module with a pilot inside (not just anywhere on the base, actually in the part... I think).
  • Kontainer 2.5m (white) container set to hold the input material
  • Kontainer has logistics enabled
  • ASM is connected to the same vessel (via flex-o-tubes) as the Kontainer and Logistics module

Ah... it worked after scene change.  Except that I forgot to hookup a warehouse-enabled part to hold one of the outputs (oops).

8 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

There appears to be a couple of rogue USITools dlls and pdbs in the MKS and LS folders of the "latest" Constellation release that look to be causing part category duplication issues (judging from the fact that the duplicate categories disappeared after deleting the extra files).

Also in the same release, Kontainers is missing a Parts folder, so all the part cfgs are dumped in the main mod folder (is this intentional?).

That is odd (the mutliple DLL's)

That is normal for Kontainers.  It is just parts so no real need to have a separate parts subfolder.  

Just noting that the assets are all in their own folder (within Kontainers), but parts are not. Back to the DLL issue, looking at that someone has filed a ticket on the git about duplicate categories (specifically, two sets of extra categories-corresponding to two extra DLLs), the spare DLLs are indeed causing problems.

Edited by voicey99

5 minutes ago, voicey99 said:

Just noting that the assets are all in their own folder (within Kontainers), but parts are not. Back to the DLL issue, looking at that someone has filed a ticket on the git about duplicate categories (specifically, two sets of extra categories-corresponding to two extra DLLs), the spare DLLs are indeed causing problems.

Yea that isn't unusual if its just parts (a separate parts folder isn't needed).

10 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Normally though they have a separate 'Kontainers' folder.

They are in their own Konrainers folder.

7 hours ago, voicey99 said:

Hi, can I ask if you have updated to at least 0.50.13? There were some fixes to deal with that issue.  When I updated, the problem of huge loads went away.

But, I still have some pretty good numbers.  My crusher as an efficiency part runs at 356%. My ASM runs at 324.66% per bay with a two 3 star engineers. My Kolonization bonus is 150.8%.

11 hours ago, voicey99 said:

I think this was fixed after v0.50.13.0. Version v0.50.14.0 is in fact the latest MKS release. I think that both of these came after the last Constellation release. I don't know how you survive without the full version of AVC. A year ago I found very quickly that CKAN will leave you out of date every time.

For some reason I can't change the contents of modules in the VAB. I click the "next config" button and nothing happens but I get log spam of

[EXC 09:23:24.488] StackOverflowException: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.
	USITools.ModuleSwappableConverter.PrevSetup ()

with the last line repeated almost a thousand times.

Will try reinstalling. Installed it via CKAN the first time if that matters. Am running a whole bunch of mods so could be some sort of conflict?

On 1/22/2017 at 8:24 PM, Baladain said:

Request for clarification:

Assuming a smelt-o-matic produces X amount of metal

When converted to an efficiency part on a vessel with a three bay refinery, does the smelter add 1/3X to each bay, or does it add X to each bay?

Efficiency parts provide a total bonus of EfficiencyPartsMass/ActiveProducersMass

Meaning if you have 10 tons of efficiency parts and 5 tons of producers you will get a +200% boost

As such, if you go from 1 producing bay to 3 producing bays, the per-bay bonus will drop to 1/3 for each bay.

The primary utility of the efficiency part setting is letting you keep using your older parts with less functionality to perform more advanced processes.

So unless you are using ranger parts and producing most of your mass on-site with material kit production, you are generally better off just shipping in the heaviest parts you can when you want to improve production(to save on part-count).