Recording Software

Bidule

What do you use to EDIT your videos, recording in the first place is the easy bit!

Adobe Premiere Elements 11. I bought it a couple of years ago in the bundle together with Photoshop Elements, and I think I got some kind of deal. There is a bit of a learning curve, like most video editors, but once you get the hang of it it seems quite powerful.

• 1 year later...

If you have a newer Windows 10 based computer, there is a recorder built in. All you have to do is hit the <windows key> + <G> at the same time while you are in your game.

It saves it to your default video folder and is pretty high quality.

Edited by adsii1970

Another vote for OBS. It's got a bit of a learning curve but anybody who can play enough KSP knows how to get over that sort of thing :D

I've paid for FRAPS and Bandicam, and use the free OBS exclusively.

6 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

All you have to do is hit the <windows key> + <G> at the same time while you are in your game.

I did this once and my computer did a whole bunch of stuff trying to initialize Windows Games or something and I got mad at it (Like I often do when programs try to overstep their bounds) and cancelled it all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

OBS is Linux also.. awesome...  had to do a little upgrading first. OBS requires OpenGL v3.30 or higher. Linux Mint 20 installed....   v3.29...  easy enough...  Have a NVidia GeForce GTX  installed..  now OpenGL 4.60.  Will play with it later.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.