Hypothetical worlds

ModerndayLink

[1.3] Hypothetical Worlds: will add planets to the Kerbol system that represent some objects scientist think (or used to think) might exist.

This mod is compatible with OPM!

982457242.png

Changelog:

Spoiler

V0.1

-initial release

V0.1.1

-Made Planet K more orange in color
-made a new detail texture that doesn't have a seam
-made the sun clouds node unelectable
-small tweaks to clouds.

Red: Basic idea, not started

Orange: Buggy and/or just started

Yellow: Prototype finished

Light Green: Almost done (description/science defs)

Green: Completely finished

unnamed: lava planet close to the sun half the size of kerbin

Moradus: second moon of eve, purple, 50km radius.

Planet K: Planet X analogue

Kyche: Very high orbit

(Planned)Special features:

-Large nebula surrounding the kerbol system

-Force field that is actually hazardous

-Animated star surfaces (currently implemented)

Want to help?

Just ask and I will reply :) 

suggestions gladly accepted

DOWNLOAD V0.1.1 HERE AT SPACEDOCK

Downloads-icon.png

Installation- Put the HW file into your gamedata folder.

Includes configurations for EVE. Download it here

This mod requires Kopernicus, get it here

Pics:

http://imgur.com/a/1RGr2

Special thanks; 
@Gameslinx for giving me some tips on creating planets.
Edited by ModerndayLink

• 2 weeks later...

if it helps for reference / code, @Elowiny did a Kopernicus pack mod (Chani Planet Pack) that included a planet (PIGGE) like the Vulcan you described located in a one million kilometer orbit from the sun (Moho is at around five millions kilometers at the time)

> Moon of Jool: need ideas

An Io analog! Planet Cyran has Infernas, a moon half-destroyed by tidal forces. The Io analog (tentatively named Oy) doesn't have to be so extreme, but it should have volcanic craters and lava lakes. It has to be located inside Laythe's orbit. Landing in a caldera, near the lava, should give extreme science benefits.

Planet K should also have a "gas dwarf" as the outermost moon. A Kerbin - or Duna-sized object with crushingly thick atmosphere.

A moon of Jool you say? Well then. How about adding a small Duna sized moon with a super thick atmosphere. But one hemisphere is bulged like Tharsis on Mars. The bulge would be so high that it extends easily out of the atmosphere. Dotting the bulge are numerous massive volcanoes with peaks high enough to be a risk for orbiting spacecraft. The gravity level would be 0.33g and the atmospheric pressure would be twice that of Eve on the lowest areas. On the opposite hemisphere the altitudes would plunge down to 5km above sea level with temperatures cozily warm. It would be nearly impossible to take off from the low altitudes due to the pressure, The lower hemisphere would also be covered in thin canyons descending all the way down to sea level where a lava ocean awaits with a few interspersed islands to land on. The atmosphere would be nearly pure oxygen and a bright yellow.

This moon would be extremely distant from Jool, And it would orbit in retrograde.

If you accept this idea but need assistance I would be happy to help. I've been modding planets on this forum since 2014.

22 hours ago, ave369 said:

> Moon of Jool: need ideas

An Io analog! Planet Cyran has Infernas, a moon half-destroyed by tidal forces. The Io analog (tentatively named Oy) doesn't have to be so extreme, but it should have volcanic craters and lava lakes. It has to be located inside Laythe's orbit. Landing in a caldera, near the lava, should give extreme science benefits.

Planet K should also have a "gas dwarf" as the outermost moon. A Kerbin - or Duna-sized object with crushingly thick atmosphere.

10 hours ago, daniel l. said:

A moon of Jool you say? Well then. How about adding a small Duna sized moon with a super thick atmosphere. But one hemisphere is bulged like Tharsis on Mars. The bulge would be so high that it extends easily out of the atmosphere. Dotting the bulge are numerous massive volcanoes with peaks high enough to be a risk for orbiting spacecraft. The gravity level would be 0.33g and the atmospheric pressure would be twice that of Eve on the lowest areas. On the opposite hemisphere the altitudes would plunge down to 5km above sea level with temperatures cozily warm. It would be nearly impossible to take off from the low altitudes due to the pressure, The lower hemisphere would also be covered in thin canyons descending all the way down to sea level where a lava ocean awaits with a few interspersed islands to land on. The atmosphere would be nearly pure oxygen and a bright yellow.

This moon would be extremely distant from Jool, And it would orbit in retrograde.

If you accept this idea but need assistance I would be happy to help. I've been modding planets on this forum since 2014.

I  love both of your ideas, so much so that I will add both of them in. :D

"If you accept this idea but need assistance I would be happy to help. I've been modding planets on this forum since 2014."

I am still fairly new to kopernicus so I would love some help with making the planet.:) thanks

• 2 months later...

Alright so I have decided that I am going to be adding my own version of the outer planets but don't worry, there will be two releases (in the distant future once I finish some planets), one will have the outer planets (my version) included and the other will not have them.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.