The Optimist

Stock KV-2 Heavy Tank (With 2-part full traverse turret)

Recommended Posts

Are you ready to defend the Volga? Of course, you are! But in addition to your normal military gear, you need something else. 

"What is it?" You ask, curious.

It's big. Very big.

"Huh?" You say, looking around you. You are promptly relegated to mess hall duty, as shortsightedness is not a good attribute in a soldier.

_______________

231Av1W.png

Bam! dtx2b5G.png

The KV-2 is a development of the Kliment Voroshilov heavy tank. Unlike its more modest brother, this monstrosity features a massive, fridge-sized turret housing a massive gun (not included). But its most unique feature is that it, unlike many stock tanks, has TWO different control axes for the turret. That's right: You have a vertical gun traverse and a horizontal one which rotates the entire turret. But do not let its huge size faze you: The KV-2 features a 5-star safety rating, owing to the fact that it can't go faster than around 25 kph, rendering any sort of accident nearly impossible.This particular replica has all the quirks of the original, such as the fact the turret can't rotate on a slope, the fact that it handles like a brick and the fact that it is a shining example of Soviet wartime engineering.

Featuring:

-5-star safety rating!

-Functional turret!

-Functional gun traverse!

-Stalinium-infused shellproof armor!

-8.4 percent Russian Bias Paint!

-Funny looking machine gun port!

-Rubber wheels!

Not Featuring:

-An actual working gun

-Internal seating (Just sit on the roof!)

-Capitalism

OBTAIN YOURS TODAY!

https://kerbalx.com/WorkaroundIndustries/Kliment-Voroshikov-Tank-2

If KSP is being naughty, go into the craft file and change the line saying "1.2.1" to "1.2.2". User manual is on the KerbalX page.

Edited by The Optimist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is of replica of glorious Soviet KV-2 worthy of Motherland? 

(Translation: Can it annihilate anything in its path blocked only by its long reload time? :P)

A more serious question: What model of KV-2 is it? It has a more elevated gun position but seems to be a bit shorter... Just wanna say, it would be harder for the loader to lift the 9999999ton shell (from ammo racks from the bottom!) onto that gun breach pressed against the roof. :wink:

838aca398b3d87ee017ed5a26cceced7.jpg

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Spacetraindriver said:

Is of replica of glorious Soviet KV-2 worthy of Motherland? 

(Translation: Can it annihilate anything in its path blocked only by its long reload time? :P)

A more serious question: What model of KV-2 is it? It has a more elevated gun position but seems to be a bit shorter... Just wanna say, it would be harder for the loader to lift the 9999999ton shell (from ammo racks from the bottom!) onto that gun breach pressed against the roof. :wink:

838aca398b3d87ee017ed5a26cceced7.jpg

 

 

 

 

I based it off a blueprint of the Model 1939, but it probably has some glaring differences I couldn't see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Majorjim! said:

These things are the bane of my WT life.. Where do you shoot them?

Have you tried hitting the side cheeks of the turret, between the gun mantelet and the edge of the turret?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Majorjim! said:

These things are the bane of my WT life.. Where do you shoot them?

World Of Tanks' HP system doesn't care where you shoot.

Anyway, happy to see someone making the stronk KV-2! @The Optimist I think you put the machine-gun port on the wrong place (if its the model 1940) but if its the model 1939 there's no rear machine-gun port as I know.

Edited by The Space Dino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, The Space Dino said:

World Of Tanks' HP system doesn't care where you shoot.

Anyway, happy to see someone making the stronk KV-2! @The Optimist I think you put the machine-gun port on the wrong place (if its the model 1940) but if its the model 1939 there's no rear machine-gun port as I know.

 

WT is War Thunder, not World of Tanks, which is abbreviated as WoT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Optimist said:

WT is War Thunder, not World of Tanks, which is abbreviated as WoT.

I know, I am referring to World of Tanks as it has a HP-based system, unlike War Thunder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, The Space Dino said:

I know, I am referring to World of Tanks as it has a HP-based system, unlike War Thunder.

I think that WoT calculates armor, but any penetration does the same amount of damage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Saturday, January 07, 2017 at 3:32 AM, The Optimist said:

This particular replica has all the quirks of the original, such as the fact the turret can't rotate on a slope, the fact that it handles like a brick and the fact that it is a shining example of Soviet Featuring:

-5-star safety rating!

-Functional turret!

-Functional gun traverse!

-Stalinium-infused shellproof armor!

-8.4 percent Russian Bias Paint!

-Funny looking machine gun port!

-Rubber wheels!

Not Featuring:

-An actual working gun

-Internal seating (Just sit on the roof!)

-Capitalism

OBTAIN YOURS TODAY!

I smell a WOT player in the mist. Good read. The tank is soviet bias garbage. Your model is funny. Now make a T95 for extra sluggishness.

 

In Soviet Russia tank drive you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mystik said:

I smell a WOT player in the mist. Good read. The tank is soviet bias garbage. Your model is funny. Now make a T95 for extra sluggishness.

 

In Soviet Russia tank drive you.

 

WoT? No way, you heathen! (jokes)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2017 at 9:34 AM, Majorjim! said:

Where do you shoot them?

Big flat driver hull part is a good bet with the F2s. They also always have ammo in their turret rear side, so that's an instakill spot unless Gaijin goes "black amo )))))" on you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.