[1.3] RealEnginesPack v1.8 OMS and Apollo engine release. 22/07/2017

Alcentar

Congrats on release! The engines are lookin' really good. Maybe edit the title to let people know which version of KSP it is compatible with and the version of the mod. Like this kind of thing --> [1.2.2] Real Engines Pack (REP) v.1.0.0

1 hour ago, liquidhype said:

Maybe edit the title to let people know which version of KSP it is compatible with and the version of the mod.

I would also suggest adding the date of the latest update - with all the mods out there it's almost impossible to remember what version each mod is on. With a "Last release date" you know when you last checked for mods - if the release date is after that then there's a new release waiting.

Fantastic models - wish I had half your talent - and thanks for sharing!

14 hours ago, liquidhype said:

Congrats on release! The engines are lookin' really good. Maybe edit the title to let people know which version of KSP it is compatible with and the version of the mod. Like this kind of thing --> [1.2.2] Real Engines Pack (REP) v.1.0.0

12 hours ago, wasml said:

I would also suggest adding the date of the latest update - with all the mods out there it's almost impossible to remember what version each mod is on. With a "Last release date" you know when you last checked for mods - if the release date is after that then there's a new release waiting.

Fantastic models - wish I had half your talent - and thanks for sharing!

12 hours ago, Galileo said:

And..... bookmarked

these look so good

1 hour ago, Jack Wolfe said:

Outstanding work, @Alcentar! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Thank you guys! I changed the name of the main page you have requested, on the way to the completion of RD 275/RD120, although I think that it is time to start work on American engines. :) 

9 minutes ago, JoseEduardo said:

could you make the RD-58? this was an engine missing on Bobcat's Soviet Engines pack that could be helpful especially as a Buran OMS :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RD-58

Yes,I will do it, as well as from the Fregat engine, I have not abandoned the development of Russian engines.

Edited by Alcentar

14 hours ago, Alcentar said:

I have not abandoned the development of Russian engines.

Speaking of Russian engines, i have not ever seen someone making the RD-100 series (derivative of the German Ofen-B series). These can help fill some gaps in the early rocketry age, especially since this is a realism pack (not worrying about balancing or exact purpose "in life"). The nice thing is that they are visually very similar so you can get almost all the varants at once, from V-2 to Bumper to R-5.

Your engine pack is fantastic! If someone has not started yet, i am making an offer to add proper RO support for them.

Edit: sample engine link

Edited by Phineas Freak

56 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

That looks like Superdracos. :wink: Will there be a single one too?

I think that it will be in a pair and work on monoprop. in stock version, I see no reason to keep them separately.

49 minutes ago, Phineas Freak said:

Speaking of Russian engines, i have not ever seen someone making the RD-100 series (derivative of the German Ofen-B series). These can help fill some gaps in the early rocketry age, especially since this is a realism pack (not worrying about balancing or exact purpose "in life"). The nice thing is that they are visually very similar so you can get almost all the varants at once, from V-2 to Bumper to R-5.

Your engine pack is fantastic! If someone has not started yet, i am making an offer to add proper RO support for them.

Edit: sample engine link

This is interesting, I will do it without any problems, thanks for the link.
By the way I really want them to be connected to the RO, in the stock version, they are simply useless.

1 hour ago, JoseEduardo said:

a few stuff left to cleanup but so far so good :D
WRCohzQ.jpg
(ignore the dV, that is scaled to a RSS scale)

I'll include the MM patches in the next version of my SSTU-Expansion pack, providing support for your engines :)

It really is very useful for RO, I will include your add-on to the list of recommended. :)

Version 1.1 is available:

1. Renamed folder basis from the "Engines" in "RealEngines"
2. Added engine RD-58
3. Added almost all engines line support "node_attach"

58_SEMI.gif

11 minutes ago, regex said:

A naked S5.92 would be incredible, I've wanted that in RO forever.

I any case, it will add. :)

P.S. By the way, I forgot to add that you should keep in mind that the new patch will remove engines v1.0 from your version.

Edited by Alcentar

1 hour ago, Alcentar said:

It really is very useful for RO, I will include your add-on to the list of recommended. :)

the ones on my pack are adjusted to stock SSTU, which is at 64% scale with 40.96% thrust and real iSP, the RD0120 is the same thrust as the one on your pack (but now has a real iSP and uses liquid hydrogen and oxidizer)

the dV there is in a RSS level because I just have a dirty personal patch that allows stock rockets to get to RSS orbit without having a dedicated RO patch :P

also, time to add the patch to the RD-58 :P

29 minutes ago, Lexx Thai said:

Download link is broken

Check it out, I'm a little confused in SpaceDock...

25 minutes ago, JoseEduardo said:

the ones on my pack are adjusted to stock SSTU, which is at 64% scale with 40.96% thrust and real iSP, the RD0120 is the same thrust as the one on your pack (but now has a real iSP and uses liquid hydrogen and oxidizer)

the dV there is in a RSS level because I just have a dirty personal patch that allows stock rockets to get to RSS orbit without having a dedicated RO patch :P

also, time to add the patch to the RD-58 :P

I did cfg trying to match stockstyle, but now Phineas Freak engaged in the RO cfg and that's what I wanted to see from the beginning. :)

no problem :)

btw, since SSTU handles engine meshes in a different form in order to allow the one part engine clustering, I have added a config for these engines so they are re-scaled in case RO is present, so in theory the three (RealEngines+RO+SSTU-Expansion) should work fine together :)

3 minutes ago, JoseEduardo said:

no problem :)

btw, since SSTU handles engine meshes in a different form in order to allow the one part engine clustering, I have added a config for these engines so they are re-scaled in case RO is present, so in theory the three (RealEngines+RO+SSTU-Expansion) should work fine together :)

It's wonderful, though RO is still not ready for KSP 1.2.2 :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.