[1.3] RealEnginesPack v1.8 OMS and Apollo engine release. 22/07/2017

Alcentar

Alcentar, I just saw that you are doing SuperDracos? I believe they already exist in Forgotten Real Engines. Obviously this is your mod, but I believe the community would be better served by the creation of new engines, or the replacement of outdated ones such as Bobcat's or FASA's. Just my thoughts on the matter, ignore if you wish. :)

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Alcentar, I just saw that you are doing SuperDracos? I believe they already exist in Forgotten Real Engines. Obviously this is your mod, but I believe the community would be better served by the creation of new engines, or the replacement of outdated ones such as Bobcat's or FASA's. Just my thoughts on the matter, ignore if you wish. :)

No no no no! I will make the engines even if they have already been 1,000 times in KSP, trying not to look the other packages with engines and bending my line.
I catch the moment and will try to create as many different engines in a single package.

In the end, it will be much more convenient than to search for them in different packages. :P

@Temeter

Thanks for the tip, I'll try to download the textures 2048. :)

Since it seems that these engines are already real scale, does the mod include a patch to exclude them from SMURFF? It doesn't seem that hard to patch for my own use, even for a complete MM novice such as myself, just making sure I'm not missing something before I try to figure it out. :-)

2 hours ago, Fobok said:

Since it seems that these engines are already real scale, does the mod include a patch to exclude them from SMURFF? It doesn't seem that hard to patch for my own use, even for a complete MM novice such as myself, just making sure I'm not missing something before I try to figure it out. :-)

I first heard SMURFF, all this add-on does not depend on anything, if something does not fit then it is not my problem.

Hey, @Alcentar , regarding of the problem with Realism Overhaul: Starwaster has taken a closer look at the files, and he got the issue. Your engines are a bit complicated in their setup, using multiple FXModuleAnimateThrottle, which isn't necessary.

Basically, you can use a single FXModuleAnimateThrottle and 1 emissive for all engines bells.

Current state doesn't automatically hurt your mod, but can break when other mods (like RO) try to modify them, and it's a bit of unecessary clutter and work for your cfg's. Can you make that change? Would be very appreciated!

A secondary problem stems from RO not heating the engines enough, but that's a problem on our side and should be easily fixable. Might even affect more engines.

Edited by Temeter

3 hours ago, Temeter said:

Hey, @Alcentar , regarding of the problem with Realism Overhaul: Starwaster has taken a closer look at the files, and he got the issue. Your engines are a bit complicated in their setup, using multiple FXModuleAnimateThrottle, which isn't necessary.

Basically, you can use a single FXModuleAnimateThrottle and 1 emissive for all engines bells.

Current state doesn't automatically hurt your mod, but can break when other mods (like RO) try to modify them, and it's a bit of unecessary clutter and work for your cfg's. Can you make that change? Would be very appreciated!

A secondary problem stems from RO not heating the engines enough, but that's a problem on our side and should be easily fixable. Might even affect more engines.

Perhaps this is the case but I do not know how to make them work with one animation all at once, Emissive effect only one. :/

maybe using ModuleEnginesFX, and the EFFECTS as you did on the RD-0120 fixes this?

these FXModuleAnimateThrottle were giving me null-refs with the clustered version of the engines, I removed it from the RD-0120 since it already had the EFFECTS configured there already and it worked like a charm

5 hours ago, Alcentar said:

Perhaps this is the case but I do not know how to make them work with one animation all at once, Emissive effect only one. :/

I believe there is a way to merge colorAnimations in Unity. You right click them in the asset browser and it creates a new combined animation.

3 hours ago, JoseEduardo said:

maybe using ModuleEnginesFX, and the EFFECTS as you did on the RD-0120 fixes this?

these FXModuleAnimateThrottle were giving me null-refs with the clustered version of the engines, I removed it from the RD-0120 since it already had the EFFECTS configured there already and it worked like a charm

I do not understand what you mean. :)

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I believe there is a way to merge colorAnimations in Unity. You right click them in the asset browser and it creates a new combined animation.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try.

Despite some unsolved problems with engines.

Update v1.2.
1. Some changes texture NK33/43/RD58/RD0146, as well as RD0146 engine received some changes in the model.
2. Added gimbal for NK-33/43 and RD-0146
3. Fixed a bug with the fairing in the selection window, now he does not close the engine.
4. Replaced thrustTransform on thrustTransform2, the steering engines
5. Added new engines RD120/RD275 and RD8.

120_FULLSEMI.gif

275_FULLSEMI.gif

1111.png

6. Added mouth for RD120 Zenit style and NK33 Soyuz 2.1v style.

222222.png

https://spacedock.info/mod/1212/RealEngines?new=True

1. Changed emissive animation system for 2/4 chamber engines, they are now using a one animation
2. Removed from the game RD0120red variant (in the previous version)
3. Added cfg for RD0120 CAP, the new version has the engine inclination so it will be easier to carry the load on the rocket back in style rocket Energia.
4. add more description in the cfg engines and changed the name RD0110 models, now it's just RD110

5. Reduced traction control motor

6. Added new engine S5.92 that use upper stage Fregat.

S5_SEMI.gif

https://spacedock.info/mod/1212/RealEngines

Edited by Alcentar

Hello again! I know there's a lot of foreign people on the forums, and most of them don't have English as a first language. That's okay.

This brings me to my point. I feel as though there should be a quick spell check on most of the engines in the pack, as I've noticed a lot of syntax errors.

Kca2qXX.png

Like 2st instead of 2nd.

Either than that, the new update is awesome. You do very well with the models and textures! I'm very impressed.

8 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Hello again! I know there's a lot of foreign people on the forums, and most of them don't have English as a first language. That's okay.

This brings me to my point. I feel as though there should be a quick spell check on most of the engines in the pack, as I've noticed a lot of syntax errors.

Kca2qXX.png

Like 2st instead of 2nd.

Either than that, the new update is awesome. You do very well with the models and textures! I'm very impressed.

Instead of giving the individual engines explanative titles, just give them their proper names (RD-0110 or RL-10A-4-1). It makes more sence to put the additional information such as "Soyuz-STK-A second stage engine" in the description rather than in the title. Makes life a lot easier for everyone using the parts.

9 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Kca2qXX.png

Like 2st instead of 2nd.

Thank you for your comment, it really turned out stupid, I'll do as a description liquidhype said, really it is better to write it in the "description".

Hard to believe you're new to modding, pushing out high quality models one after another. That's some impressive work discipline! :D

Also big thanks for taking the time to figure out the single emissive animation! That fixed ROs hickups. Phineas is also quite busy adding config after config to bring your engines to RO and RP-0.

Edited by Temeter

1 hour ago, Temeter said:

Hard to believe you're new to modding, pushing out high quality models one after another. That's some impressive work discipline! :D

Also big thanks for taking the time to figure out the single emissive animation! That fixed ROs hickups. Phineas is also quite busy adding config after config to bring your engines to RO and RP-0.

Fregat engine was created earlier, I just added texture and released her. :)
To be honest, I try not to make the most detailed engines because they will be more and more and they require memory, I have found the best option in which one can make the engine (without texture) for one or two nights.

@Phineas Freak adds enthusiasm to me because makes cfg for RO, and I love this game because of the RSS/RO:D

And here is the basis for the next engine RD-210.

RD210.png

Edited by Alcentar

59 minutes ago, Alcentar said:

To be honest, I try not to make the most detailed engines because they will be more and more and they require memory, I have found the best option in which one can make the engine (without texture) for one or two nights.

Can't deny that I'm a bit happy the performance is gonna stay reasonable.^^

I found most KSP modders do create real life engines in a somewhat kerbalized fashion. Probably already makes sense because real engines are insanely complicated. Even stuff like FASA isn't fully relalistic.

I'd say your engines are on the more high detail/realism end. Seems to work quite well.

@Phineas Freak adds enthusiasm to me because makes cfg for RO, and I love this game because of the RSS/RO:D

And here is the basis for the next engine RD-210.

Oh, also an RSS/RO player? Awesome! :D

Neat work on the 210. Seems like we can soon build a classic Proton's in stock KSP! Btw, I think the engine should be called RD-0210, not just 210? At least Wikipedia only knows it with an additional zero: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RD-0210

Edited by Temeter

Neat work on the 210. Seems like we can soon build a classic Proton's in stock KSP! Btw, I think the engine should be called RD-0210, not just 210? At least Wikipedia only knows it with an additional zero: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RD-0210

Yes, there is only a RD-0210, no RD-210.

http://www.b14643.de/Spacerockets/Specials/Russian_Rocket_engines/engines.htm

@Alcentar As i was making some configs, i noticed a small bug:

[ERR 14:54:45.257] Module ModuleEnginesRF threw during OnLoad: System.ArgumentException: The requested value 'LiquidEngine' was not found.
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleEngines.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SolverEngines.ModuleEnginesSolver.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RealFuels.ModuleEnginesRF.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Specifically:

The requested value 'LiquidEngine' was not found.

There is a typo in your configs: the correct EngineType definition for the liquid engines is LiquidEngine and not LiquidFuel. I searched all your configs and almost all the engines are affected. The only one that was not is the RD-191 (that did not include the EngineType field).

Edit 1: if you don't mind, add the S5.98M in the list. It is visually similar to the S5.92 so modelling it should be relatively easy.

Edit 2: i failed at basic "configing". The engine definition is correct and i am wrong. Don't change anything!

Edited by Phineas Freak
I am stupid...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.