[1.3] RealEnginesPack v1.8 OMS and Apollo engine release. 22/07/2017

Alcentar

23 hours ago, Temeter said:

Can't deny that I'm a bit happy the performance is gonna stay reasonable.^^

I found most KSP modders do create real life engines in a somewhat kerbalized fashion. Probably already makes sense because real engines are insanely complicated. Even stuff like FASA isn't fully relalistic.

I'd say your engines are on the more high detail/realism end. Seems to work quite well.

Oh, also an RSS/RO player? Awesome! :D

Neat work on the 210. Seems like we can soon build a classic Proton's in stock KSP! Btw, I think the engine should be called RD-0210, not just 210? At least Wikipedia only knows it with an additional zero: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RD-0210

Thank you, by the way I'm playing recently became RO / RSS, and can not come off, it's very cool in contrast to the stock.

It's my fault in the engine name RD"210", thanks for the correction of an error. :D

20 hours ago, regex said:

*\o/* <3 <3 <3

I am very glad that you like, I remember that you asked for this engine. :)

3 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

@Alcentar As i was making some configs, i noticed a small bug:

[ERR 14:54:45.257] Module ModuleEnginesRF threw during OnLoad: System.ArgumentException: The requested value 'LiquidEngine' was not found.
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ModuleEngines.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SolverEngines.ModuleEnginesSolver.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at RealFuels.ModuleEnginesRF.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Specifically:

The requested value 'LiquidEngine' was not found.

There is a typo in your configs: the correct EngineType definition for the liquid engines is LiquidEngine and not LiquidFuel. I searched all your configs and almost all the engines are affected. The only one that was not is the RD-191 (that did not include the EngineType field).

Edit: if you don't mind, add the S5.98M in the list. It is visually similar to the S5.92 so modelling it should be relatively easy.

Damn, it seems to be taking the initial cfg from the stock engine. I fix it.
I just realized I did S5.98M, rather than the original S5.92 ... I understand that the original S5.92 had a small nozzle diameter?

6 minutes ago, Alcentar said:

I just realized I did S5.98M, rather than the original S5.92 ... I understand that the original S5.92 had a small nozzle diameter?

The S5.92 has a nozzle diameter of ~0.85 m while the S5.98M has a nozzle diameter of ~0.95 m. So yes, it is a bit smaller in diameter but they have very similar lengths (~1.03 m vs ~1.15 m)

33 minutes ago, DECQ said:

Good work, very strange that no one had ever thought of making large quantities of real prototypes of engines after the Bobcat.

Why, many people did. There are lots of mods for historical spacecraft, and IE SSTU has another selection of real world, high quality engine models and space capsules.

Of course, there always was a bit of a lack when it came to a full, high quality selection of soviet engines. In that regard Bobcat's soviet engines were a cool, unique pack, that only got replaced by RealEngines (which is higher detail and more expansive/realistic).

Edited by Temeter

21 minutes ago, Temeter said:

Why, many people did. There are lots of mods for historical spacecraft, and IE SSTU has another selection of real world, high quality engine models and space capsules.

Of course, there always was a bit of a lack when it came to a full, high quality selection of soviet engines. In that regard Bobcat's soviet engines were a cool, unique pack, that only got replaced by RealEngines (which is higher detail and more expansive/realistic).

SSTU engines only for their model rocket, not a special pack includes only the engines and nothing more, as can be said about of FASA, they are not designed specifically for engines and downloading them you get pieces of rocket, using  these engines.

12 minutes ago, DECQ said:

SSTU engines only for their model rocket, not a special pack includes only the engines and nothing more, as can be said about of FASA, they are not designed specifically for engines and downloading them you get pieces of rocket, using  these engines.

Well yeah, many modder like to make full rockets. You can usually remove the other parts if you don't want them.

The new update v 1.3, Thanks  @Phineas Freak for the right information, although I'm sure that everything is done properly. :P

I could release it earlier but circumstances are stronger than we.

1. Fixed a typo in the text for the engines and some other
2. Again renamed RD110 in RD0110   :D
3. Create all engines own Emissive animation
4. Added two more versions of the engines S5.92
5. Added engines RD-0210 and RD-0212 the second and third stage of the Proton rocket

Put folder RealEngines in GameData.

image.png

LINK:

https://spacedock.info/mod/1212/RealEngines

P.S.

Sorry that is not animated picture, but it is a technical reason and soon to fix, I'm not going to move away from his style to information add-on.

Awesome! Already attempted my first proton rocket:

Spoiler

2PYaFvS.jpg

Sent it up with a soyuz casule at first. Actually not that weird: Proton was first proposed as a superheavy ICBM, then an alternative for the N1 moon rocket, and ended up being a heavy launch vehicle.

It's a bit OP in stock KSP, to say the least.^^

Spoiler

9VyfR6Q.png

Full recreation has to wait for the super busy RO modders to catch up (Phineas is a madmen! <3). And of course RP-0, where it'll be in the correct, historical context!

EDIT: Yep, slightly OP.

Spoiler

QPYQUg6.png

EDIT2: Hm, seems like there is some issue with the RD0210 engine. They don't produce a plume in stock. More of a problem, the RD0212's verniers dont seem to work.

Edited by Temeter

On 26.02.2017 at 4:30 PM, Temeter said:

Awesome! Already attempted my first proton rocket:

Reveal hidden contents

2PYaFvS.jpg

Sent it up with a soyuz casule at first. Actually not that weird: Proton was first proposed as a superheavy ICBM, then an alternative for the N1 moon rocket, and ended up being a heavy launch vehicle.

It's a bit OP in stock KSP, to say the least.^^

Reveal hidden contents

9VyfR6Q.png

Full recreation has to wait for the super busy RO modders to catch up (Phineas is a madmen! <3). And of course RP-0, where it'll be in the correct, historical context!

EDIT: Yep, slightly OP.

Hide contents

QPYQUg6.png

EDIT2: Hm, seems like there is some issue with the RD0210 engine. They don't produce a plume in stock. More of a problem, the RD0212's verniers dont seem to work.

Good Proton! Although it looks like I did something wrong with the RD0212, will fix it. :/

22 hours ago, Alcentar said:

v1.3.1
Fix RD0212
removed from the game the wrong version S5.92

https://spacedock.info/mod/1212/RealEngines

Sorry, but not enough time. ;.;

Haha, don't worry. You've created a lot of fun engines and shared them with us in a ,short time. Don't think anyone is gonna blame you for taking a break or slowing down.^^

RD-0212 works now, if I didn't miss anything.

On 06.03.2017 at 5:30 PM, Cheesecake said:

Does that mean that we don`t see new Engines anymore?

No, it means that there is not enough time, I will continue to make engines. :)

On 06.03.2017 at 8:17 PM, Temeter said:

Haha, don't worry. You've created a lot of fun engines and shared them with us in a ,short time. Don't think anyone is gonna blame you for taking a break or slowing down.^^

RD-0212 works now, if I didn't miss anything.

Thanks, I'm sure that RD 0212 works, I'll try not to screw up anymore. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Can i ask one "nasty" question? Why the mod named "REAL ENGINES" contains reduced models instead of full size engines? I'm looking for a month of model rockets to launch them in the RSS, but everywhere I stumbled upon the damned reduced toy models! Did anyone adapt this mod to the rss?

And second "dummy" question.. The fuel/oxidizer ratio in real life (i.e. kerosene/LOX) is 1:2.6, but in "real engines" for some reason, the ratio is 0.9: 1.1... Why this happened ???

If this is called "realism," then I do not know what realism is!

3 hours ago, Fenyx said:

Can i ask one "nasty" question? Why the mod named "REAL ENGINES" contains reduced models instead of full size engines? I'm looking for a month of model rockets to launch them in the RSS, but everywhere I stumbled upon the damned reduced toy models! Did anyone adapt this mod to the rss?

And second "dummy" question.. The fuel/oxidizer ratio in real life (i.e. kerosene/LOX) is 1:2.6, but in "real engines" for some reason, the ratio is 0.9: 1.1... Why this happened ???

Sorry this amazing mod doesn't meet your standards. I would understand your complaint if the thread title was RealScaleEngines mod, but it's not. 

4 hours ago, Fenyx said:

@Phineas Freak has done a lot of work on making the mod compatible with Realism Overhaul - proper sizing, propellant usage and other things. It will be supported in the next release. As RO isn't updated to 1.2 yet and it seems you are really impatient, I suggest following this spreadsheet to manually install the needed mods, then download the RealEnginesPack compatibility patches from the RO Github repository. This should fix some of your issues.

Edited by Ravenchant

1 hour ago, Ravenchant said:

it seems you are really impatient..

Ha! Wrong conclusion. The game was updated to version 1.2.2 in December 2016. 3 months ago! After 3 months, I asked in the RO forum whether there will be an upgrade to the game version 1.2.2. And what response did I get? 

Never, the whole project was cancelled, the team was abducted and the mod servers exploded.

And after this - I'm impatient ?? 

1 hour ago, Ravenchant said:

to manually install the needed mods

Thanks. But most of them I already have or I do not need them. All i need is right rocket engines. But they are only available in the package RO! And it is only available as source code. I can not compile the source code.

8 hours ago, Fenyx said:

Sorry I did not meet your expectations (without sarcasm), I also want to see these engines desirable for RO, but the problem is that I can not write normal cfg.file, but @Phineas Freak voluntarily with personal initiative helped make cfg for the engines and I hope that They will indeed be included in the next update of RO, but when RO is updated I just like you do not know, because the developers (like all of us) have their own personal lives, this is a hobby and not a job. :P

I disagree with your phrase "This is a forum of real jokers, not rocket enthusiasts," to me at PM, and on the add-on page, people showed personal initiative to help, @Phineas Freak , @liquidhype , @CobaltWolf or @Dragon01 , This is what you mentioned,enthusiasm, wasting own time more experienced members of the community  helped me solve many problems,so that others can use these engines to get the least inconvenience and error.

the KSP community is the best for all the time that I've met.

I hope I did not tire you, I soon plan to restore work on the engines. :D

RO on github already has the cfg's for RealEngines. Phineas did a lot of work there, had to add a whole bunch of engines to RO's general configs that didn't yet exist.

Edited by Temeter

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.